When > Toronto Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by West6MT
NBP > SSM..........You are coming if it snows or not,..get your snow tires man. Im gonna put mine on tomorrow I think (meaning later today).
I've driven in the snow on the T1-S... it's not impossible, it's just a bitch to control the car. I'll most likely show up, unless there's a lot of snow accumulation. I honestly don't have the money saved up to get new tires right away. It will have to be a few more weeks. I've never learned to plan ahead.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
I've driven in the snow on the T1-S... it's not impossible, it's just a bitch to control the car. I'll most likely show up, unless there's a lot of snow accumulation. I honestly don't have the money saved up to get new tires right away. It will have to be a few more weeks. I've never learned to plan ahead.
Now is a good a time as any. They cost a lot eh,.......sigh. I just put the snows on today,.....BLAH car looks so crap with 16" steelies. Don't need to worry about snow now though,....so thats good.

So everything is planned I guess then:
Nov 27th at White Oaks mall (to lazy to check if thats the right name of the mall) in London,....meet at 2pm. Hopefully weather will be nice and there will be a good turnout.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:01 AM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm geeked! I just wish I had the money to have my new mods done before this meet. My car is SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO bone stock-it needs to be personalized. At least with the summer shoes it looked different than everyone else. But the wife says I can get the first 2 mods for spring, and the new rims aren't available till January 2006. Can't wait to meet old and NEW friends.

And by the way- why does everyone party at night-when it's dark? Because it's cool- NBP all the way! (How's that for scientific research?)
Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dragonlord
I'm geeked! I just wish I had the money to have my new mods done before this meet. My car is SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOO bone stock-it needs to be personalized. At least with the summer shoes it looked different than everyone else. But the wife says I can get the first 2 mods for spring, and the new rims aren't available till January 2006. Can't wait to meet old and NEW friends.

And by the way- why does everyone party at night-when it's dark? Because it's cool- NBP all the way! (How's that for scientific research?)
My car is BONE stock too ,.....although now it looks bad cause i have winter wheels on,.....sigh. I think all the moderators from TO should come to this meet,....someone bother them.

Last edited by West6MT; 11-20-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Don't know why some people are nervous about showing off their cars even though they've yet to do any mods. Since the weather will prob be a lil on the cold side, I think you'll find you spend way more time talking and getting to know each other (indoors) than standing around looking at the cars. ....I wouldn't worry about it. Get out and have fun.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Street Spirit
Don't know why some people are nervous about showing off their cars even though they've yet to do any mods. Since the weather will prob be a lil on the cold side, I think you'll find you spend way more time talking and getting to know each other (indoors) than standing around looking at the cars. ....I wouldn't worry about it. Get out and have fun.
This is true. LOL, nice avatar street spirit.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
yeah, i brought my car out when it was bone stock to the Woodbine meet. hell, i only have a couple of mods now
Old 11-21-2005, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

I wanna get the comptech SC when it comes out,......drools. Im all paranoid now cause I put the snows on the car,.......listening, analyzing the ride etc. I always think something is wrong after I do anything to the car,.......haha. With the 16" steelies though,..MAN is the rim close to the front brake calipers,.....geez.

Today I was applying the brakes coming up to a light to make a right turn,........the road is not smooth and has some sewer grates etc. I came in a little faster than normal,....but the car like wasnt stopping for a second,....and the pedal went all weird,......must have been the ABS kicking in (pulsing in the pedal it felt like,.......a little different thatn the ABS I have felt on other cars,.....but has to be what it was). Thing is,.I have NO idea why that would happen?????? Slipping on the grates?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Drifting

ABS. I have the same problem on my car, when I'm stopping and the road is kinda bumpy, the ABS kicks on. I never expected that in this car. But I don't know the whole story behind the physics of ABS.

Can't wait till Sunday to meet new friends, and visit with old (PA, Sam, Jen (?)).
Old 11-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Dragging knees in

I wanna get the comptech SC when it comes out,......drools. Im all paranoid now cause I put the snows on the car,.......listening, analyzing the ride etc. I always think something is wrong after I do anything to the car,.......haha. With the 16" steelies though,..MAN is the rim close to the front brake calipers,.....geez.

Today I was applying the brakes coming up to a light to make a right turn,........the road is not smooth and has some sewer grates etc. I came in a little faster than normal,....but the car like wasnt stopping for a second,....and the pedal went all weird,......must have been the ABS kicking in (pulsing in the pedal it felt like,.......a little different thatn the ABS I have felt on other cars,.....but has to be what it was). Thing is,.I have NO idea why that would happen?????? Slipping on the grates?
Yeah, I'm sure it was the ABS. Snow tires already don't provide enough traction for quick stopping. Add that to bad road surface and ABS will kick in for sure. On the 3G TL, I believe the ABS is 4-channel (on the 2G TL, it was 3-channel). That means all 4 wheels can be controlled indepedently of one another if slippage is detected. So even if only one wheel loses traction during braking, ABS will kick in.

Nothing to worry about.

I'm looking forward to the meet, but I just hope it won't snow.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Drifting

Pure Adrenaline- Cathy wants to know why you don't have winter shoes for your car? She is sooooo disappointed. I have my winter shoes on. But next summer-NEW SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!
Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 PM
Dragging knees in

Pure Adrenaline- Cathy wants to know why you don't have winter shoes for your car? She is sooooo disappointed. I have my winter shoes on. But next summer-NEW SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!
I can't afford them.

I'm most likely getting a set of Kumho ASX tires. They are all-seasons with pretty decent snow traction rating. I'll have to settle for that for now. I can't spend 850 bucks on snow tires.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Ya snows cost a lot,......sucks. Im anxious to try out these X-ice tires to see how good they are. Everyone says that the stock TSX tires are horrible in the snow. My dad bought snows for the TSX cause we are trying to get my mom to start driving (hasnt since her accident like 6yrs ago) and she always drove standard. My dads car is too big for her anyway (and auto), so she is going to come out driving with me so I can help her get back into it.

So ABS eh,.....I think I was just really surpised by it,......I thought "that cant be ABS,...but it had to be?" lol. I am looking forward to meeting ppl too for sure. Im always like going out for dinner to hahaha.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Sorry for not being able to attend this meet (again). My boss needs surgery (ie she can't walk) so I'm the backup to fill in this weekend. Hope the weather holds up for you, Pure Adrenaline. Kumhos -- I like 'em. You gonna go with 235 or 225 (40/18)?

I paid US$600 for my 17" Nokian tires ... $850?! (for 18" snows)
Old 11-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I think the outlet strip across from White Oaks would be a easier place to meet. (easier to see off highway, and better parking spaces). The outlet is on the right side getting off Wellington North and consists of shops like Mexx Outlet and Aldo Outlet. Is there any objections?
Old 11-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Lazy_E
Hey guys, I think the outlet strip across from White Oaks would be a easier place to meet. (easier to see off highway, and better parking spaces). The outlet is on the right side getting off Wellington North and consists of shops like Mexx Outlet and Aldo Outlet. Is there any objections?
If you guys wanna meet there that is fine with me. Dunno exactly where that is but sounds likes it wouldnt be too hard to find. Particular store in mind,.....or just use our keen Acura vision to locate other Az'ers?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally Posted by derrick
Sorry for not being able to attend this meet (again). My boss needs surgery (ie she can't walk) so I'm the backup to fill in this weekend. Hope the weather holds up for you, Pure Adrenaline. Kumhos -- I like 'em. You gonna go with 235 or 225 (40/18)?

Yeah, the 235/40/18 Alpin PA2 were just over 850 dollars mounted and balanced at Discount Tire.

The 235/40/18 ASX is going for 113 apiece on Tirerack, whereas 225/40/18 is going for only 88. It's actually cheaper than the OEM 215/50/17 spec. Go figure. The only thing is that the overall diameter will be off by about 1.5%... which means over the course of 6,000 miles, I will have 90 miles extra on the odometer unaccounted for. But considering that a mileage penalty is like 17 cents per mile, the savings (exactly a hundred bucks for a set) will offset the extra mileage penalty. So I'm thinking about just going with the 225/40/18. I should've saved up while I had money. I'm a dumbass.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by derrick

Sucks you cant make it out, but we'll see ya next time (well, for me I will meet you next time lol).
Old 11-22-2005, 05:57 AM
Drifting

Just checked the Weather Channel. Chance of the "S" word thru Friday, but then Saturday and Sunday highs in the upper 30's and SUNSHINE!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Just checked the Weather Channel. Chance of the "S" word thru Friday, but then Saturday and Sunday highs in the upper 30's and SUNSHINE!
Ya I saw that the other day, hopefully it will end up being a nice day . It was supposed to snow today but I have not seen anything.

My dad took my car today,.......which means he moved mirrors and the seat etc. I HATE THAT because I am so particular about seating position etc,.........I will be adjusting for days now. Missing the memory seats available in the 06's . Im in charge of getting him snow tires for his car now. I kind of wish I had not put snows on the TSX yet so I would have the all seasons on for the drive down .
Old 11-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Dragging knees in

Ya I saw that the other day, hopefully it will end up being a nice day . It was supposed to snow today but I have not seen anything.

My dad took my car today,.......which means he moved mirrors and the seat etc. I HATE THAT because I am so particular about seating position etc,.........I will be adjusting for days now. Missing the memory seats available in the 06's . Im in charge of getting him snow tires for his car now. I kind of wish I had not put snows on the TSX yet so I would have the all seasons on for the drive down .
You know, for some weird reason, I thought you had a TL this whole time. I'm an idiot.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
You know, for some weird reason, I thought you had a TL this whole time. I'm an idiot.
LOL, nope no TL for me. BUT, my dad was thinking of trading in his infiniti for a TL,...but the last gen one like yours. Those had tranny issues though didnt they???,...so kind of threw that idea out the window. Now he is thinking subaru,.....a wagon (boring) but AWD and a 250hp doesnt sound too bad but a slushbox DOES cause he has bad knees and traffic etc. But I am not getting my hopes up on a new car cause he has me looking at snows for his. ALTHOUGH,...If I lie and say they are REALLY expensive,...........hmmmmmmm. Plotting to get him to purchse new vehicle,.......... We were close to seriously looking at an 04 G35 in red,.....oh that would have been nice. Sorry, I get carried away,....I will stop blabbing.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Remember when you're in Canada, use 'C. Act Canadian for a day
Old 11-22-2005, 10:13 PM
Dragging knees in

1. Sam
2. Steve (dragonlord)
3. Eric (Lazy_E)
4. Steve (West6MT) unless something unforeseen comes up, but I'm in.
5. Rob (Pure Adrenaline)

Is that it? Just the 5 of us?

Also, where exactly are we meeting?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Drifting

I'll be there. If someone can give us directions from Sarnia to this outlet mall, us Americans would be grateful, eh.

Is Jen coming? Cathy needs more girls to be there.

Last edited by dragonlord; 11-22-2005 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be there. If someone can give us directions from Sarnia to this outlet mall, us Americans would be grateful, eh.

Is Jen coming? Cathy needs more girls to be there.
Its easy to get the whiteoaks mall. Take the 402 until it merges onto the 401W. Wellington should be the first exist to come up and thats what you want to take. Go north on wellington road and you will see whiteoaks mall on your left hand side in about 5 mins!

Doesnt look like Im gonna make this one. I gotta drop my brother back to Kingston on sunday. Sorry!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:28 AM
Instructor

The Outlet strip is just 2 min off Wellington North. You will see it on your right side, they are all one storey white buildings. Includes stores like Aldo, Mexx, Tommy Hillfiger, Urban Behaviour etc. You cannot miss it.

C'mon more pple come! Especially people from Michigan/Detroit!! Bring your wives, girlfriends, mothers, fathers, brothers!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:12 AM
Senior Moderator

I might be bringing my friend Erik,...he always says he will do stuff then never ends up doing it.......so cant promise that hahaha. Ya we need more ppl,.....I have been trying to get ppl on the TSX forum to come.

What about: SG81 and VB87,......you guys coming? Sorry to hear you cant make it out ndawood. There are a FEW moderators in Toronto,.........they should be coming,.....I will bug them hahaha. I PM'ed a bunch of ppl, but they are busy or not going to be around so they cant make it. I will see if there is anyone else interested.

Steve
Old 11-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Cruisin'

TL in sterling hts

Does anybody know how long from Detroit to London? Is there a good place to meet? I'd like to get something going before the weather turns.
Hello I am a TL owner in Sterling Hts.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Safety Car

Sorry guys, I can't make it. Since my dad's b-day falls on Thanksgiving this year, we are celebrating turkey day on Sunday. When the weather gets nice in the spring, I'll def come out...maybe when I get a new car.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ilanoraa
Hello I am a TL owner in Sterling Hts.
Welcome to the forum ilanoraa. If you are interested in coming to the London meet talk with dragonlord and pure adrenaline about meeting up on the way to london.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 98CLChick
Sorry guys, I can't make it. Since my dad's b-day falls on Thanksgiving this year, we are celebrating turkey day on Sunday. When the weather gets nice in the spring, I'll def come out...maybe when I get a new car.
Sorry to hear you cant make it out 98CLChick. I guess we will see you in the spring.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Comptech Freak

not sure if we can meet this sunday if it keeps snowing
Old 11-25-2005, 12:47 PM
2400 Watts in a TL...Why?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd love to come but my "lack of a working tranny"has coused Acura to do a double bypass on my baby this weekend.. If I get a killer loaner ( new CSX, new RL or new TL ) then I'll make the trip just to see how the drivin is in that car, however, I am waiting now for the results of tegh primary check, once they decide the traannie is gone then we'll start talkingabout the loaner car.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by samkws
not sure if we can meet this sunday if it keeps snowing
Thats true Sam, but we knew it was going to snow thursday and friday. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and no snow,....same for sunday,..monday is supposed to be like 17 so the temp is going up. So assuming tomorrow is a nice day we should be ok,...but I guess we will decide whats going to happen sometime tomorrow night or in the morning on sunday?
Old 11-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ResidualFreedom
I'd love to come but my "lack of a working tranny"has coused Acura to do a double bypass on my baby this weekend.. If I get a killer loaner ( new CSX, new RL or new TL ) then I'll make the trip just to see how the drivin is in that car, however, I am waiting now for the results of tegh primary check, once they decide the traannie is gone then we'll start talkingabout the loaner car.
I hope you get a new RL (would never happen) or a TL or something cool so we can check it out. Hopefully we have an okk turnout,..........
Old 11-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Dragging knees in

I don't think I'll be coming anymore. My plan was to leave from home on Sunday (Metro Detroit area), but it looks like I'll be heading back to East Lansing tonight (center of the palm). Sorry, guys.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok, so is anyone going,.....or are we calling this off. Im not driving to London to have a meet with myself.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:41 PM
Instructor

hmm maybe just call it off for now, itz not that great in London (weather condition wise)
Old 11-26-2005, 05:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Alright, I guess its cancelled then. Darn, I really wanted to go out for lunch/dinner too,.......maybe I will hit up somewhere in Toronto. Richmond hill has memories of japan,.mmmmmmm.

Quick Reply: When > Toronto Meet