AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   AcuraZine Clubs & Meets (https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/)
-   -   Vancouver BC meet July 1st, 11am (https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-clubs-meets-15/vancouver-bc-meet-july-1st-11am-309581/)

implicit 07-15-2005 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by triggle
Actually Chewi, it was bad news. I have to wait until next week to find out if the Lower Mainland Acura Dealers Association will sponsor so I don't think I can do it in that time frame. If they go for it I may postpone and go for a Sept date. This would be a feather in their cap so to speak so I hope they do it.

I did not want to start another thread until I am sure we have an event. I'm willing to go for a bring your own food BBQ with a smaller group even if it is just the same guys who came out the first meet. What do you think ?

Sounds good to me - count me in

maxxxboost 07-18-2005 12:49 AM

:thumbsup: i got alil portable bbqer for small items, so i can bring that.

BurnSomeCds 07-23-2006 08:06 AM

NSX meets?

:thumbsup: Hey guys..im new to this site. Anyone know some NSX meets/cruise in Van, from August on? Maybe a longer cruise to say Whistler, Seattle, etc... :wish: NSX MEET?

BurnSomeCds 07-23-2006 10:14 AM

Bbq

Hey Chewi, what kinda sponsorship you looking for? I will start my own little "car accessories" online shop, + another retail business soon, so wouldn't mind some quick and easy, and also low-cost advertising ops. Also, getting back into the auto scene, so dun mind helpin' out fellow auto enthusiasts.

BurnSomeCds 07-24-2006 05:36 AM

Crap:

I just notice i'm 1 year late on the post~! ahah...ok..,..nvm then...guess i'll check back to see if u guys still use this forum.

chewi 07-25-2006 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by BurnSomeCds
Hey Chewi, what kinda sponsorship you looking for? I will start my own little "car accessories" online shop, + another retail business soon, so wouldn't mind some quick and easy, and also low-cost advertising ops. Also, getting back into the auto scene, so dun mind helpin' out fellow auto enthusiasts.

Whoa... sorry i missed your posts...

glad to me a new member from vancouver.

We would be glad to meet up with you and see your NSX as well.

On the side note: about getting sponsorship.... I am very interested but I just need to know what needs to go behind all of it.

I would love to upgrade my TL through a sponsorship....

Anyways... we can talk more about that later...

WELCOME to ACURAZINE....

you can Private messege us so we can meet up oneday.

We have driven to Whistler in April and it was great.

Those twisties were awesome.

hope to hear from you soon.

cheers :thumbsup:

BurnSomeCds 07-25-2006 11:14 AM

Meet:

Hey Chewi...seems like ur reply is a reborn from the dead! ahah...but ya...i dun mind meeting up and chit chat and what not. As from Van, not much to do if u dun drink, and chase after nammers chics that have more connections than you! ahah...I also like the TL a lot, but decided to drive an SVU and having the nsx as a second. I am in Japan right now, and will be back with a "bunch" of rice rocket lights for the cars! This is what i'm planning to sell online, as a small business and for fun really. You can have first pick when we meet up as being the first person to reply :). Peace, and keep postin'.

chewi 07-26-2006 05:06 AM

Hey Chewi...seems like ur reply is a reborn from the dead! ahah...but ya...i dun mind meeting up and chit chat and what not. As from Van, not much to do if u dun drink, and chase after nammers chics that have more connections than you! ahah...I also like the TL a lot, but decided to drive an SVU and having the nsx as a second. I am in Japan right now, and will be back with a "bunch" of rice rocket lights for the cars! This is what i'm planning to sell online, as a small business and for fun really. You can have first pick when we meet up as being the first person to reply :). Peace, and keep postin'.

O wow...thanks in advance buddy...

HAve a great time in japan!!!!! I wish i could be there too.

I really hope your side job will work out as well....

Anyways... We would like to meet you when you come back..

feel free to messege us.

take care

see ya soon

BurnSomeCds 07-26-2006 07:57 AM

meet:

Hey thx for the warm welcome. I have decided to ship back some things I purchased here, by boat instead of airfreight to lower the cost, so won't be able to show u guys my newly done-up nsx :(. Time will cure this tho.

chewi 07-27-2006 03:52 AM

Hey thx for the warm welcome. I have decided to ship back some things I purchased here, by boat instead of airfreight to lower the cost, so won't be able to show u guys my newly done-up nsx :(. Time will cure this tho.

O wow.... Now I'm getting really anxious to see your NSX...

I will try to get one in 3-5 year lol....

but yeah... take your time and enjoy your stay there.

BTW... do you speak japanese? I'm just wondering because I wouldn't know how to comunicate with the japanese properly if I can go there.

Let us know when ever you get back... Hopefully my finals will be done soon so that I can have more free time to hang out.

ttyl

BurnSomeCds 07-27-2006 11:23 AM

Japan:

lol...Japanese? um...I do know some that can kinda get buy. I can fill you in on where and what to do here. It is VERY confusing cuz asking won't really help you. Just an example, I asked a policeman how to get to a pachinko, this is what I got...Officer, "You go to blue lito ( he means green traffic light), de..de..tune reft, ano...go light....( turn left and then right). ahah...so this is something u can expect.

chewi 07-27-2006 09:21 PM

hahah i love how you make the accent LOL

thanks for the heads up... i'll make sure i go with a tour guide heheheh

BurnSomeCds 07-28-2006 12:20 AM

Crew:

Hey..just wondering what else u n ur buddies' drive? Any shops u guys go to regularly back in Van?

chewi 07-28-2006 06:49 AM

Hey..just wondering what else u n ur buddies' drive? Any shops u guys go to regularly back in Van?

well.... most of the buddies i've met here in the forum in vancouver drive 2nd and 3rd gen TL's and TSX's

Everyone is very kool to talk to and we welcome all friendly car enthusiastes to join us.

Shops...I've been to boomplus toys & MFRT.

I heard A&J racing and Advance auto is pretty good for their service and quality work.

I don't mod my car much cuz I'm on a budget and therefore i don't know that many shops. IF possible, I'd try doing all the mods myself so that i know that its been done properly and precisely to my expectations.

are you planning to mod your NSX or something? if its an easy DIY...I'd suggest trying to do it yourself unless you don't have the right tools.

too bad there is no NSX forum here...but I'm pretty sure you can find one.

goodluck with your mods. hope to see you and check out your ride soon.

take care

BurnSomeCds 07-28-2006 09:17 AM

Ya, I've dealt with A&J a long time. Another friend will intro the owner of Garage 5 when i get back for some NSX mods. Was considering super charging the thing for some drags in Mission and Seattle. First time really burning so much money into my cars. Before, when younger, it was like, plastic cover fan wheels with pins stripes! lol...those days are over..i hope. Glad to hear ur crew is cool with casual chit chat. Met a lot of punk asses over the yrs, and dun seem to want to hang with them at all. Either young and dangerous, or old and ...old...enuf said lol...im getting up there, but still fun at heart i guess.

Ima member on "Nsxprime" and "Honda-tech", so i chat nsx stuffs there aswell. Some crazy ass mofo's with their nsx's. Either they are big time dd's, or they are their parents pride prize. Can never understand someone spending over like 50g's with their own hard earned money.

chewi 07-30-2006 06:11 AM

Ya, I've dealt with A&J a long time. Another friend will intro the owner of Garage 5 when i get back for some NSX mods. Was considering super charging the thing for some drags in Mission and Seattle. First time really burning so much money into my cars. Before, when younger, it was like, plastic cover fan wheels with pins stripes! lol...those days are over..i hope. Glad to hear ur crew is cool with casual chit chat. Met a lot of punk asses over the yrs, and dun seem to want to hang with them at all. Either young and dangerous, or old and ...old...enuf said lol...im getting up there, but still fun at heart i guess.

Ima member on "Nsxprime" and "Honda-tech", so i chat nsx stuffs there aswell. Some crazy ass mofo's with their nsx's. Either they are big time dd's, or they are their parents pride prize. Can never understand someone spending over like 50g's with their own hard earned money.

True... I agree with you.

Don't worry about the snob issue with us... We are not like that at all.
We get along with each other quite well.

I really hope you can meet us some day this summer.

Maybe we can get together in the evening for a short meet, cruise, and drink.
Although we aren't into alcoholic beverages, but maybe we can go for bubble tea/snack or coffee.

I'm glad that I can meet another kool person with a great attitude.
We will setup something for you so I hope you can make it.
Just let us know which day or evenings your are mostly free so that we can all setup something small.

anyways... I think we will have alot to chat about when we get to meet you.

And yes, I forgot to mention the a few of us have gone to Garage 5 as well and have different kinds of good and bad experiences...but mainly good...

we'll talk more later

cheers

BurnSomeCds 07-30-2006 06:25 AM

Actually i dun drink either! lol...bbtea sounds good. Just got back from the Tokyo Auto Show and got shit on by my girl, 'cuz all i took was pics of chic's asses! ahah...oh well..live and learn. By the way, since im new to navi this forum, wanna pvt me contact #'s and such? I can give u guys a call or i can give msn in pvt.

chewi 07-31-2006 03:55 AM

Actually i dun drink either! lol...bbtea sounds good. Just got back from the Tokyo Auto Show and got shit on by my girl, 'cuz all i took was pics of chic's asses! ahah...oh well..live and learn. By the way, since im new to navi this forum, wanna pvt me contact #'s and such? I can give u guys a call or i can give msn in pvt.

=)

great to hear that you had a great time over there in Tokyo. I wish I could be there at the auto show as well...

lol... yeah... girls get mad easily over little things so I guess its smart not to do certain things they don't like :whyme:

so anyways.... I'll pm my cell number to you.

I will be pretty busy from now untill mid August b/c I have final exams coming up.

I hope we can all get together sometime around there.

ttyl

BurnSomeCds 07-31-2006 05:50 AM

lol..she doens't normally get mad, but like all i kept doing was check out the chics! Not like i will ever go to another Auto Show in Japan, so this pain was worth it i guess. Ya, fosho let's hook up and chit chat n what not. Glad to always meet another non-drinker. Kinda rare in Van.

chewi 07-31-2006 03:07 PM

lol..she doens't normally get mad, but like all i kept doing was check out the chics! Not like i will ever go to another Auto Show in Japan, so this pain was worth it i guess. Ya, fosho let's hook up and chit chat n what not. Glad to always meet another non-drinker. Kinda rare in Van.

lol... yeah I just don't like the bitter taste of beer, and most of my friends don't drink much either.

I'll give you a heads up when its about time to meet up.

ttyl bro

Blackhorse 10-18-2006 06:46 AM

Yes, I'd like to join meet and cruise!!
Let me know when you decide~ cluboftl@hotmail.com

chewi 10-23-2006 09:50 AM

welcome to a one of our very old threads.

I'm not sure when we will have another meet, but my guess is probably close to spring.

I'm guessing you have a 3rd gen TL right?

Bread-A Spec 10-23-2006 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by chewi
welcome to a one of our very old threads.

I'm not sure when we will have another meet, but my guess is probably close to spring.

I'm guessing you have a 3rd gen TL right?

Remember to count me in...lol :wish:

maxxxboost 10-24-2006 02:21 AM

should we start setting something up? :thumbsup:

ed99 10-25-2006 12:29 PM

You guys can count me in as always..!!!!

chewi 10-26-2006 03:42 PM

Anybody want to plan something for our next meet?
not sure what to do or where to go.

any ideas?

jag123 10-27-2006 12:54 PM

Count me in for the next meet

maxxxboost 10-30-2006 02:20 PM

Cool, What are you guys looking for?
Afternoon, Evening, Night?
Cruise, Dine, Activities. (Locations)?
and as Chewi worte.. something close to Spring where as the weather is tolerable for everyone to put their rims and stuff back on?

I'm fine with anything, but i raised up my car and took the rims off for winter so if it is going to be a winter meet, i'll come all stock with bald TypeS tires :ugh:

TLova 11-01-2006 08:58 AM

jsut got my 06 TL today....lol
count me in for the meeting

ji from north van

BurnSomeCds 11-02-2006 07:46 AM

BACK in Town!

Hey Peeps...sorry for the absence. Just got back from Hong Kong la. Starting a new biz, so got kinda tied up in that. Got some add-ons to my N tho. Here for a month or so before I jet again, so if there's a meet, i'm up for it fosho! Just got me an MDX! WooT! Elite! Fire in da hole!!! 1 week before i pick that up tho.

BurnSomeCds 11-02-2006 07:47 AM

Tlova...Congrats on ur TL! Hope u got a great deal on it...u can bargain quite a bit with that car.

chewi 11-02-2006 07:43 PM

Hey Peeps...sorry for the absence. Just got back from Hong Kong la. Starting a new biz, so got kinda tied up in that. Got some add-ons to my N tho. Here for a month or so before I jet again, so if there's a meet, i'm up for it fosho! Just got me an MDX! WooT! Elite! Fire in da hole!!! 1 week before i pick that up tho.

Hey buddy, long time no talk.
I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to meet up with ya.
Been quite busy with school and part time work.

Anyways... Congrats on the 06 MDX, I hope you got a great deal since the newer MDX's are coming.

TLova 11-03-2006 12:44 AM

Tlova...Congrats on ur TL! Hope u got a great deal on it...u can bargain quite a bit with that car.

what do you think is a great deal to get?
hope i did all right...lol

BurnSomeCds 11-04-2006 04:01 PM

Thx for the welcome back Chewi :thumbsup: Meetin' u guys is a sooner or later thing i'm sure. Let me get my shiitz str8, then i can chill with you guys.
TLova = From what a friend told me, ( who has the books ) the cost on your TL '06 is very close to 38g's + - $300. How true it's only thrid hand coming from me. I know fosho the '04-'05 U can get fosho at 40g's including frt.pdi.levies...etcetc. Acura Canada is going thru some price Caps for some of the new models, so dunno what to expect of your TL. My car is still at Teamsters, who's holding the cars I heard, until some contracts have been agree'd with Acura Canada and it's dealerships. Been there for a week already. Thinking about selling my N. Anyone intersted?
1998 NSX = Platinum Grey, 61km's, No decks, first insurer (Was Canada show car), int/ext (Mint), 2 pin size rock scratch (no dent) on hood but not noticetable unless you stare at it for hours, Carbon fibre back vent thing between the trunk and engine compartment, original dual arm side view mirrors ( NSX-R type I think ), brand new triple disk clutch ( un-installed ), PowerFlow filter (sounds like a super rice rocket while going thru the Massy Tunnel) 6 disk changer (fm mod), new master cyinder, all standard options. You will get 500km+ if u drive easy on this car, and if that's not enuf incentive, you will turn heads no matter where u go, and ppl will talk to you not 'cuz ur good looks ( guys and gals ), but yes, the car! ahah...Garage kept all the way and service records available upon requests. Will include all my elite super blue lights already strategically place inside! Its is truely a 5 sec. car. Driven easy, but had a few bursts on it. Record is 7-1-0 with the one loss to a SL55 on highway. (Didn't wanna go over 265km with STOCK TIRES! Normally these would not be mentioned in sales, but hey, Chewi's blog, what de hell! ahah....peace bro's!

Subaru Impreza = W ( Close [think he had turbo upgrade])
Skyline R-33 ( I think ) = W (Smok't him)
Skyline R-32 = W (Smok't him)
Supra '93 = W (no contest)
M3 '03 ( coupe )= W (very close)
M3 '04 ( coupe )= W (very very close)
Corvette Z06 = T (0-140km)
SL55 '05 = (Won't race again unless from 0 km to start)

BurnSomeCds 11-04-2006 04:03 PM

X-Mas Coming!

Guys, got into a retail business. Would appreciate some of you to help a kick start on this! Let me know if you have gotten a present for your gf's/bf's etc...perfect even for your boss! You'll Love it !

TLova 11-05-2006 12:29 AM

Thanks for the great information
According to your number i guess i got it at cost...!
well..it too late regradless...lol
best part was 1.8% lease rate....due to model change for 07

chewi 11-12-2006 04:33 AM

Thx for the welcome back Chewi :thumbsup: Meetin' u guys is a sooner or later thing i'm sure. Let me get my shiitz str8, then i can chill with you guys.
TLova = From what a friend told me, ( who has the books ) the cost on your TL '06 is very close to 38g's + - $300. How true it's only thrid hand coming from me. I know fosho the '04-'05 U can get fosho at 40g's including frt.pdi.levies...etcetc. Acura Canada is going thru some price Caps for some of the new models, so dunno what to expect of your TL. My car is still at Teamsters, who's holding the cars I heard, until some contracts have been agree'd with Acura Canada and it's dealerships. Been there for a week already. Thinking about selling my N. Anyone intersted?
1998 NSX = Platinum Grey, 61km's, No decks, first insurer (Was Canada show car), int/ext (Mint), 2 pin size rock scratch (no dent) on hood but not noticetable unless you stare at it for hours, Carbon fibre back vent thing between the trunk and engine compartment, original dual arm side view mirrors ( NSX-R type I think ), brand new triple disk clutch ( un-installed ), PowerFlow filter (sounds like a super rice rocket while going thru the Massy Tunnel) 6 disk changer (fm mod), new master cyinder, all standard options. You will get 500km+ if u drive easy on this car, and if that's not enuf incentive, you will turn heads no matter where u go, and ppl will talk to you not 'cuz ur good looks ( guys and gals ), but yes, the car! ahah...Garage kept all the way and service records available upon requests. Will include all my elite super blue lights already strategically place inside! Its is truely a 5 sec. car. Driven easy, but had a few bursts on it. Record is 7-1-0 with the one loss to a SL55 on highway. (Didn't wanna go over 265km with STOCK TIRES! Normally these would not be mentioned in sales, but hey, Chewi's blog, what de hell! ahah....peace bro's!

Subaru Impreza = W ( Close [think he had turbo upgrade])
Skyline R-33 ( I think ) = W (Smok't him)
Skyline R-32 = W (Smok't him)
Supra '93 = W (no contest)
M3 '03 ( coupe )= W (very close)
M3 '04 ( coupe )= W (very very close)
Corvette Z06 = T (0-140km)
SL55 '05 = (Won't race again unless from 0 km to start)

Wow, I wish I had that money to buy that super car off you but I'm still studying and got no money. On the side note, I've burnt out my right fog light and was wondering if you can hook me up with a pair of decent 9006 55W bulbs. :wish:

Of course I'm not asking for a freebie ,but I just remembered something you told me awhile back when we first met online here :tongue:

BurnSomeCds 11-13-2006 05:05 AM

Fog Lamps:

I am not too familiair with the car specs, even coming down to the lights. 55w? Is that only for Fog Lamps? If it means anything, I still have my stock head-lamp bulbs. I didn't pick up any fog lamp bulbs there. Got a crap load of neon, illuminating gadgets for the interior tho. ahah..let me know if any one is interested. I will be loading them up on my website soon, so I'll let you guys know the url.

chewi 11-13-2006 04:44 PM

I am not too familiair with the car specs, even coming down to the lights. 55w? Is that only for Fog Lamps? If it means anything, I still have my stock head-lamp bulbs. I didn't pick up any fog lamp bulbs there. Got a crap load of neon, illuminating gadgets for the interior tho. ahah..let me know if any one is interested. I will be loading them up on my website soon, so I'll let you guys know the url.

thanks for the reply buddy.
So yeah 55W is voltage i think and the bulb type is 9006.
But don't worry about it. I heard Advance auto is having a sale for NOKYA bulbs for only $15 a set. This deal is for Revscene members only and if you pay them $10 dollars to install it , it will come with a 1 year warranty. So its not bad I guess.

I'll let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

TLova 11-14-2006 10:16 AM

why dont we get together and install bulbs and stuff....?
any meet-up comming up soon..?

i wanna get some stuff for my car too..if u guys know good place to get