VA/MD/NC Meet in Va Beach

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
4x4- fat chicks cant jump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My gf's graduation is that weekend (out of town), so I unfortunately wont be able to make it... damn. Sorry guys, hope yall have a good time
Old 05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Instructor

Damn as bad as i wanted to go to a meet, i can't make this one, on the 27 i'll be out of the country.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:25 PM

1 more week! wish i could come but ill try to find some time away from family stuff n stop by for a lil bit maybe!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm stock and hating it.

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
That's cool. A lot of people stay at Linkhorn but I am tired of that place. Gettin out as soon as my lease is up and movin to Magnolia Chase over by Centerville Turnpike and Kempsville. Not till November though. Look forward to seeing you at the meet and bring as many people as you want. And if you need help with mods, let me know. I love doing the work but have a hard time finding time for it. I've been promising another member that we'd do some mods but he lives in NoVA so it's a little harder.

Thats cool, I've been wanting to do the LED MOD for the dash and radio plus putting some gauges in too.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Instructor

I turned my chit for special lib in yesterday that my supervisor said should be approved with no problem so Im almost diffently going and am so excited even though the rim guy said right now there is no way he can get my rims to me by then. Cant wait and hope that future plans come from this.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Instructor

Oh and when it comes time can you please clearly post a time and a place. Thanks for putting this together.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acurapimp504
Oh and when it comes time can you please clearly post a time and a place. Thanks for putting this together.
No problem...I'll have all that figured out by the end of the weekend. I am trying to find a place where we won't have any problem getting to the Motor World...no lights or anything like that. I'll post that up by Monday.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm stock and hating it.

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acurapimp504
I turned my chit for special lib in yesterday that my supervisor said should be approved with no problem so Im almost diffently going and am so excited even though the rim guy said right now there is no way he can get my rims to me by then. Cant wait and hope that future plans come from this.
What do you need special LIB for? Its on a Sat. Or maybe something esle is going on and I need to shut up.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:07 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Only thing I could think of is that he has duty.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:18 AM
Instructor

It's work. I work at the hospital. 12hr shift work. So I have to work 36 hr. weekends every other weekend. But its kool cause aside from being on call, I get a three day weekend every other one too.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Nice...hope the chit gets approved.
As for a meetup point. We are going to meet at Seatack Community Center. I chose here because it is a community center and therefore we really can't get hassled for loitering. We'll all meet there between 12-12:30. Take 264 East towards the beach and take exit 22. Stay to the right and it will be a building on your right at the 4th light...about 1 mile down the road. I will post exact directions and post pics so everyone can be familiar with it. Motor World is only about 5 minutes down the road. Just a warning for everyone. The parking lot is gravel...I know, it sucks but I can't control that. Then I was thinking cruise down the strip by the beach and head to either a pizza joint on the strip (cons would be having to pay for parking and probably very busy due to Memorial Day weekend) or heading to a place that is not very far away, about 5 minutes from the beach and very close to my apartment, called 501 City Grill. Been there for drinks...never for food. Also, anyone that would like my cell for more info, PM me. And if you want to give me your cell that's cool. I can make up a quick phone list for the day of the meet in case there is any confusion after we head out on the road. I am assuming there will be quite a bit of traffic because it is the opening day of tourist season...but there should be plenty of eye candy for both the guys and any girls that are coming. Look forward to seeing you all there.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

OK...so as I promised. Here are the meeting points with pics and addresses. We will all meet at the Seatack Community Center between 12-12:30. The address is:

Seatack Community Recreation Center
141 S. Birdneck Rd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

And here is the pic of the sign where the driveway is. When you take exit 22 off 264 east, stay in the left lane. It will merge into one lane after the 3rd light any way. The entrance is at the next light on the right hand side right after the sign you see in the pictures. It has a decent sized parking lot but you shouldn't have any problem finding us. I drive a 2G SSM TL-S and should be there about 11:50.

Now to get to Motor World...it's simple. If we get split up (which I don't see happening) or if you don't get to the meeting place in time, Motor World is right down the street. If you are leaving from the Community Center, take a right out of the drive way. Drive down that road about 2 miles until you see this sign. I took 2 pics so you would be able to tell what is was(and that is my car in the first pic. There is a short left turn lane at the entrance to Motor World. Like I said, the parking lot is gravel. From what I remember, there is an entrance on a different road as well, so I will see if that parking lot is gravel as well and if we can get to the go karts from there. And if anyone has any questions, please PM me for my cell. Hope to see everyone there.

Motor World
700 South Birdneck Rd
Virginia Beach, VA 23451

Old 05-25-2006, 12:32 PM

even tho i cant come this time to the meet here, i think much props go out to snowman for getting this together for those who can come! lookin fwd to future meets - good job
Old 05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by sonnyg80
even tho i cant come this time to the meet here, i think much props go out to snowman for getting this together for those who can come! lookin fwd to future meets - good job
Thanks...it wasn't much to set it up but I hope that this leads to future meets. I will be there rain or shine. There is a chance of rain for Saturday, but i will be there regardless in case people still show up. And if they do, we can figure out something to do. There are some indoor go karts in Portsmouth that are a possibility but it is quite a ride from the beach. Hope to see a good turn out and really hope for good weather.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:17 PM
SOLOCG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry I missed your call troy, I did call you back and leave you a msg, but due to work I won't be able to attend this trip and I was looking forward to it. See everyone next time and I'm sure it will be a blast make sure to take some pics.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:28 AM
Racer

It feels good to make down to va beach! Im really excited about going, i'll be theree between 12:30pm and 1pm. See yall guys tomorrow!
Old 05-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Sounds good Troy, glad you made it down last night. See ya later on today.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Not sure if anyone will read this before the meet but I just wanted to let everyone know that I think I may have broken may ankle. Went for a morning run and my dumb a$$ rolled my ankle and heard a pop. May be a sprain but it hurts like hell. I've talked my girl into letting me ice it up for today and if it's still bad tomorrow, I'll take a ride to get it looked at. I don't have any plans of missing the meet that I set up, but just in case wanted to let everyone know. Hopefully I will see you there.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:56 PM

how was it every1???
Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM
lilvinnyb

Pics

Someone post pics please !
Old 05-30-2006, 01:53 PM
tl_badboy96

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well im sorry to say, but only 2 tl showed up to the meet. not what snowman and i thought , but i thought there was gonna be more support than that. but maybe everyone had something to do, understandable. we might it again, but would need inputs. thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 03:20 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Damn, I feel bad. I said "maybe", but I didn't even follow up with a "No, I won't be able to make it post". I just assumed all was going well. I guess you were right Jeff, it's a ghost town down there in Va Beach.
Old 05-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Originally Posted by tl_badboy96
well im sorry to say, but only 2 tl showed up to the meet. not what snowman and i thought , but i thought there was gonna be more support than that. but maybe everyone had something to do, understandable. we might it again, but would need inputs. thanks
Yeah, we were the only 2 that showed up to the meeting spot. Troy made the drive down from NoVa with his crew and made it to the meet but tl_badboy96 and I had left by then. Thanks for making the trip and I hope you guys had a good time. I figured that this would happen with the amount of people that showed interest but no one showed up. This was my reason for not doing reservations anywhere. I will try to set some more up and see how they go but I would definitely like some input from the local guys to see what they want to do. Maybe we would have more people show. And just FYI...Motor World is not that great. I wouldn't recommend it. Thanks for making it out Derrick and I will be in touch. Hope the next meet turns out better.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:01 PM
アキュラ 力

Yeah, we were the only 2 that showed up to the meeting spot. Troy made the drive down from NoVa with his crew and made it to the meet but tl_badboy96 and I had left by then. Thanks for making the trip and I hope you guys had a good time. I figured that this would happen with the amount of people that showed interest but no one showed up. This was my reason for not doing reservations anywhere. I will try to set some more up and see how they go but I would definitely like some input from the local guys to see what they want to do. Maybe we would have more people show. And just FYI...Motor World is not that great. I wouldn't recommend it. Thanks for making it out Derrick and I will be in touch. Hope the next meet turns out better.
Damn Jeff, sorry to hear about the bad turnout. Sometimes you just can't tell with these meets, especially when you are trying to rally first time interest for these meets. The noVA group is quite fortunate to have a great set of dedicated members (including yourself) who always make our meets enjoyable. Hope the next meet turns out better!

How's the ankle btw? Hope all is well!
Old 05-31-2006, 10:47 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

It's cool JP. I hope the next meet turns out a little better too. I enjoy the NoVa meets, but I do wish I lived a little closer. The ankle is alright. I went to the doc yesterday and they said it may be multiple fractures but I won't find out for sure until Friday. For now I'll deal with a swollen foot that is so bruised it looks like it got ran over. Not sure how it works but even my toes are bruised and swollen but the doc did say it was a severe sprain at the least. It will heal in time though.
How was the trip out west?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:27 PM
Instructor

My bad, Friday night them hoes told me I had work on Saturday. But I'll definetly be at the next one. I started my new job today and now I have every single weekend off.If there is anything that I can do to help just let me know. I live in Portsmouth and just the locals alone should be able to get something together to brag about. One time I was on NOB and I seen two new silver TLs parked right next to each other. One lowered and one hammered with calipers that said ACURA. That I thought were tight cause Ive never seen them before. But anyway just let me know.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:40 PM
アキュラ 力

It's cool JP. I hope the next meet turns out a little better too. I enjoy the NoVa meets, but I do wish I lived a little closer. The ankle is alright. I went to the doc yesterday and they said it may be multiple fractures but I won't find out for sure until Friday. For now I'll deal with a swollen foot that is so bruised it looks like it got ran over. Not sure how it works but even my toes are bruised and swollen but the doc did say it was a severe sprain at the least. It will heal in time though.
How was the trip out west?
Wow, that's a shame Jeff. Hopefully you'll heal up quickly. I imagine it's pretty hard to get around in that condition.

As for the trip, it was great. Got some much needed rest and relaxation!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:34 AM

damn fellas, sorry to hear that!! dunno if it was just cuz of the holiday weekend or what but i'll definitely be there next time we schedule a va beach meet. which i hope we plan on doing still! being a local guy, i'll glady give my input for ppl coming out here..