THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE PARK AVE MEET A SUCCESS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 12:12 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THANKS TO ALL WHO MADE PARK AVE MEET A SUCCESS!

On behalf of myself and my entire hard working staff, I would like to thank everyone who turned out today for our meet. The support was unbelievable! We had 90 cars registered, and quiet a few more who did not. The cars looked great and the people were even better. A special thanks to Soopa for providing us this forum and the opportunity to meet and help so many great people. We are already starting to make plans for a fall event because it was such fun. Thanks again to each and every one of you- I hope to see you all again soon.

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura
*** The opinions expressed above are my own and I in no way speak for American Honda or Acura. ***

2002 TL-S Black on Black
Factory Body Kit, Factory Spoiler, Comptech Springs, Comptech Sways, Comptech Headers, Comptech Exhaust, Xephyr CAI
Tuning by Jens
Old 06-10-2001, 12:21 AM
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank YOU Wayne for providing your facility for this wonderful event.
I look forward to the next MEET.

I only wish Lehigh Valley Acura was as supportive to it’s customers as you guys are.
85 miles is just a bit too far for me to travel for scheduled service.
That is, unless you give me that silver NSX as a loaner car.

If you missed my other post, here is a link to the pictures I took…… PHOTO LINK

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out, I HATE the SLUSH SHIFT !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS

[This message has been edited by Shawn S (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-10-2001, 12:26 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Once again another ball out of the park for PARK AVE ACURA. See my post for my comments but please extend your thanks to everyone there.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Really Cool Mesh Grill
Custom BASS by <A HREF="http://www.streeteffectz.com

01'Acura" TARGET=_blank>www.streeteffectz.com

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
Old 06-10-2001, 12:39 AM
Race Director

Thanks Wayne and Park Ave Acura for making my stay in New Jersey such a wonderful weekend! I really appreciate all the work that was done to sponsor this great event and I really enjoyed meeting everyone. I knew I didn't want to miss this First Annual [historic] meet.

Shortly I'll be making my drive back to Kansas thinking about this whole event. Unfortunately unless Park Ave moves about 1000 miles west, I probably won't make it again this Fall (or ever). In any case, this trip was definitely worthwhile and I will never forget it.

Thanks again everyone.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 06-10-2001, 12:13 PM
Firestarter

Wayne and Park Ave are outstanding in promoting Acura and providing service to their customers. I applaude the 1st annual event and their efforts in making it a success.
It was a pleasure to meet some of the faces behind the names ( a big what up to Poobah, GTO2050, Telsp21(steve), Ron from StreetEffectz, Mercury, ShawnS, DeeTLs(spelling??), and all the other road warriors that I ran into.) Jeez I sound like like I'm accepting a friggin MTV award.

anyhow, I'm looking forward to the next meet.

Hat's off to park ave!

------------------
Silver CL-S

[This message has been edited by shockboltthrower (edited 06-10-2001).]
Old 06-10-2001, 12:21 PM
Suzuka Master

WOAH!! 90 + cars . wow.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 06-10-2001, 12:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wayne,
Thanks again for hosting the meet!!! Lots of fun hanging with everyone again and meeting new people from the forum. Ken Steele ya a crazy man driving out from Kansas, keep us updated on the wireless toys in the future
It was great to finally meet Soopa, thanks for all the hard work that goes into keeping this forum up and running

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:18 PM
Instructor

I'd just like to add my expression of gratitude to Wayne and Park Avenue Acura for being such great hosts and working hard to get the whole gathering so well organized.

As usual, a meeting of Acura owners, whether TL, CL, or the Type-S's of either, was a really good time and very informative. It was great to see some of the familiar people like Eclipse23, ShawnS, gto2050, tel1sps, Mercury, among others.

Also, it wwas a pleasure to meet some new folks like Ken Steele (hands down the WINNER of the "Furthest Drive" competition), Ron from StreetEffectz (thanks for the advice on the sub box -- I'll be callin' ya), Soopa (the MasterMind behind the Board -- I still have to send you some Buck$$) and others as well.

Wayne: I am already looking forward to the FALL MEET, but PLEASE DON'T make it any time between and including October 20-28th -- I'll be in Florida and do NOT want to miss out!!

Thanks again to everyone in the Acura Family and let's keep the largest (probably) Acura group going strong!

------------------
Sundance Gold Metallic CL-S, 2001
Tint 35% Tint x Five Windows
Amp/Sub/Speakers/EQ
Remote Starter
Xephyr CAI
Toyo Proxes T1-S 235/45zr17
Zenetti Valeo 17 X 8 Chromes
Painted Calipers (soon)
Treats: Zaino
Old 06-10-2001, 02:24 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Thank YOU, Wayne. What a great dealership and crew. Not only you and Jens, but your wife, Liz, and that service guy nut Tom!

I almost can't wait for my next service. Picked up my new keys and new TL-S remotes and your parts guy programmed for me. Service up and beyond the call of duty.

It was good to see the familiar faces and meet some new ones. Finally met Soopa, Al Uminum, kensteele, Mercury, chodthewacko, and others.

The old familiar ones were there, tel1sp, Shawn S, eclipse23 (never did see eclipse32), Acuraman and others. What a great deal.

I'll post my pix tonight. Hadda buy some new stuff since my Smart Media card reader was stolen in my briefcase. Who says we have to wait until fall for a meet? Why not a midsummer meet?

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Xephyr CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02

gto2050 - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!

[This message has been edited by gto2050 (edited 06-10-2001).]
Old 06-10-2001, 05:18 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Wayne... excellent show. Very well organized... wish I got there earlier!

The nametags went well... without them I would have no recollection of who I met. lol

It was great meeting everyone... its funny puttin a face with a name... their rarely who you picture.

Most impressive parts of the meet was the StreetEffectz crew of course.. but also Shawns car which looks like it has never been driven... and Ken's briefcase blew my mind away. True road warrior

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow FogsValentine 1Xephyr CAI
Old 06-10-2001, 06:31 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wayne make anouther one soon , and while my ride is not in the shop.
I was ill so only was able to stop by for a few to say whats up, but i guess u were bust..
Thanks for the meet!
Old 06-10-2001, 07:40 PM
do it yourself, !

Yea we need another one. =) I was diappointed I couldn't meet half you guys cuz I had to entertain my girlfriend. I left early right after the raffle because I was sick of the whining. Looked like i was the youngest one there though. Felt kinda out of place..hehe Next time I'll be stag and hopefully some more mods =)

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights - Complete bulb replacement with Polargs
18" SSR GPO DeColte Evolutions on Nitto 555's - Comptech Headers - Eibach Springs

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - (Chrome AMG Rims-Sold)
Old 06-11-2001, 01:12 AM
Certified Lurker

Again i would like to say thanks to Wayne and Park Ave. It was definitly fun to meet alot of you guys, esepcialy all the guys with the Legends, as i thought i was going to be the only one there...I am definitly planing on using Park Ave when i do by my new car. Looking forward to the next one...And I am 99.999 percent sure i was the youngest there at 17

------------------
Darren Pisano

1989 Acura Legend L
126,000+ miles and still going strong
Old 06-11-2001, 10:50 AM
Racer

Wayne,
Just want to thank you and your staff for the wonderful preparation and very warm hopitality. I particularly want to thank Jens for taking the time to install the anti-sway bars for me. In addition, it was great to meet the fellow enthusiasts.Thanks to all of you for the great time!!
Old 06-11-2001, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Thanks for having all of us at Park Ave. Acura. You, Dr. Jens, your wife, Tom and the Park Ave. Acura team did a super job. Thanks for all the goodies and great memories.This was a historic event. We have to let Acura know what you have done for them and the owners of Acura cars.
Old 06-11-2001, 01:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

As everyone here already said... thanks to Wayne, Jens, and the Park Acura staff for this. It was a lot of fun, a beautiful day, and some sweet, sweet rides. I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to meet everyone, especially Soopa and Ron, but I did meet a lot of others and it was great to put a face to the name and to be able to talk to you guys / gals. It looks like I was the only 1st Gen CL there, but that's OK, everyone actually seemed to like my car!! I'd love to do this again, and I'll begin counting down the days to the fall meet now!!

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0 ** Some mods, but who cares, I want a Type-S!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum
Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 06-11-2001, 01:57 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by juniorbean:
I'm a little disappointed I didn't get to meet everyone, especially Soopa and Ron</font>
You were there?!? Where the f- were you?
Old 06-11-2001, 02:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Yeah, I got there around 10:30am and left around 1:45pm. My car was up near the back of the lot, but I was walking around all day. Last I had heard, you were on your way, but I had to leave around 2pm, so I thought I missed ya. Then I found out you were there when I was there . Hopefully I'll see ya at the next meet....

------------------
1998 Iced Blue CL 3.0 ** Some mods, but who cares, I want a Type-S!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum
Email: juniorbean@acura-cl.com
Old 06-11-2001, 02:22 PM
Team Owner

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by soopa:
..but also Shawns car which looks like it has never been driven... </font>
Thanks,.....That's SOOOOOOOO funny.

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out, I HATE the SLUSH SHIFT !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS