January 28-29
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Tacoma-Seattle meet brainstorm!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wusup ladies and gents? I was wondering if there were any locals that would be willing to test out a new product i've come accross. I found a windshield protection film that is suppose to be scratch resistant against wiper blades and what not. It's basically the same thing as a clear bra, but made for the windshield. The cheapest I can get a sample is around $100. I would try it myself, but my windshield is already cracked so it would be useless. Any guini pigs around here up for the challenge?
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 PM
'07 November = STI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CJams
Wusup ladies and gents? I was wondering if there were any locals that would be willing to test out a new product i've come accross. I found a windshield protection film that is suppose to be scratch resistant against wiper blades and what not. It's basically the same thing as a clear bra, but made for the windshield. The cheapest I can get a sample is around $100. I would try it myself, but my windshield is already cracked so it would be useless. Any guini pigs around here up for the challenge?
hmm.. sounds mighty tempting.. but .. you've seen my windshield at the last meet.. keke
Old 11-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Is this a clear vinyl? For the windsheild?

That's cool but you would have to pry the Honda windsheild molding off to apply it. Once you pry off the windsheild molding it's usually shot. Especially older cars.

On another note.... When the shit are we gonna get those beers? Saturday bro. If you cruise to the Harbor it's on!!

But wait.. I'll be in Cali this weekend..... Next Saturday!

Old 11-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Guinea Pig

^^ It's not vinyl, it's a clear film like tint, but made for the exterior elements. It's called ClearPlex. I don't think I would have to remove anything from the windshield to apply it.

Yup! We need to get them buurrrs at the HiYu fo shizzle. I been meanen to talk to ya bout some bidness. I gotta nice lil warehouse in P.O. just itchin to be used. Here's a couple pics...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912610
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912658
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912694
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912726

Only half of it is enclosed for now, but once the concrete gets laid for the front half i'm going to move that front wall (with the big door) out to the end and enclose the sides to make the enclosed area twice as big. Then it will be able to fit about 5-6 UPS trucks inside. That's for the future full customization shop Only private big dollar stuff!!! Pimp yo ride in P.O. Already have an ass load of tools ready to be put to work in it. Was gonna see if you wanted to store a tool box in thur for some crazy reason

BTW-i'm installing a HU, Speakers, and an alarm in an 89 Mazarati right now. What a PIA this turd is!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 11:12 PM
DRINKING HAS A ME PROBLEM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would but i dont have any extra cash. i kinda got a open container ticket in ellensburg a few weeks ago. i wasnt in my car i was standing on the sidewalk next to a freinds car right out side his house. while he was grabing his ciggs. and i get a damn ticket. Fcuking cops.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:48 PM
'07 November = STI

^^ It's not vinyl, it's a clear film like tint, but made for the exterior elements. It's called ClearPlex. I don't think I would have to remove anything from the windshield to apply it.

Yup! We need to get them buurrrs at the HiYu fo shizzle. I been meanen to talk to ya bout some bidness. I gotta nice lil warehouse in P.O. just itchin to be used. Here's a couple pics...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912610
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912658
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912694
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a59...g?t=1164912726

Only half of it is enclosed for now, but once the concrete gets laid for the front half i'm going to move that front wall (with the big door) out to the end and enclose the sides to make the enclosed area twice as big. Then it will be able to fit about 5-6 UPS trucks inside. That's for the future full customization shop Only private big dollar stuff!!! Pimp yo ride in P.O. Already have an ass load of tools ready to be put to work in it. Was gonna see if you wanted to store a tool box in thur for some crazy reason

BTW-i'm installing a HU, Speakers, and an alarm in an 89 Mazarati right now. What a PIA this turd is!!!
wow, thats a nice project.. if u need tool donations.. i could donate a wrench keke

89 mazarati? omg... old skool pryde!!
Old 12-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Guinea Pig

^^^It was bisically a POS Chrysler Lebaron bastardized by Mazerati. Complete POS!! Very disapointed in Mazerati after seeing that turd up close and personal.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Yup! We need to get them buurrrs at the HiYu fo shizzle. I been meanen to talk to ya bout some bidness. I gotta nice lil warehouse in P.O. just itchin to be used....
Only half of it is enclosed for now, but once the concrete gets laid for the front half i'm going to move that front wall (with the big door) out to the end and enclose the sides to make the enclosed area twice as big. Then it will be able to fit about 5-6 UPS trucks inside. That's for the future full customization shop Only private big dollar stuff!!! Pimp yo ride in P.O.
Damn son!! That's nice. I wish I had that in my back yard. What are you using it for now? Where is it? How much will it cost to move to the Harbor?

We can talk more about it next Saturday over some chilled ale. Saturday at 8pm? We usually hit El Pueblito in the Harbor for beer and grub. Then the HiYu afterward to polish the beercoat

Klinky!!

Oh... Word... I sold the Civic to some dude in Marysville last month. $4000 square. Now I'm trying to fend off the Honda federation from my wallet. They released the Type-S again for 2007. Oy... Can I resist?
Old 12-02-2006, 09:04 PM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by uncald4
Oh... Word... I sold the Civic to some dude in Marysville last month. $4000 square. Now I'm trying to fend off the Honda federation from my wallet. They released the Type-S again for 2007. Oy... Can I resist?
4k? that guy got a good deal.. and why resist? go with the flow
Old 12-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by legendaryCL98
4k? that guy got a good deal.. and why resist? go with the flow
I had it listed for $5000 with all the aftermarket audio/video. I had a lot of bites but no buyers. So... I took all the audio gear out and dropped the price. The audio gear alone was worth over $6000.

Good deal? He should have bought it for 5k.

ROFL... and such!!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by uncald4
Damn son!! That's nice. I wish I had that in my back yard. What are you using it for now? Where is it? How much will it cost to move to the Harbor?

We can talk more about it next Saturday over some chilled ale. Saturday at 8pm? We usually hit El Pueblito in the Harbor for beer and grub. Then the HiYu afterward to polish the beercoat

Klinky!!

Now that you've free'd up some cash you need to swing down to the shop and pick up the Turbo'd '96 black sickvic I got up for sale Tein Flex w/edfc and all the extra sheeeait! Le'me see if I can find a pic fo ya!

It's on craigs list.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Hey ladies, how is going.... I'm living in Yakima now so if we get enough people i'll make a trip up there.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:53 AM
300whp 237wtrq

Does anyone know an Acura Tech or maybe someone who knows this answer tell me if the 07 TL-S headlight housings will fit my 05 TL?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by INSPIRE 32V
Hey ladies, how is going.... I'm living in Yakima now so if we get enough people i'll make a trip up there.
when did you finally get down here. we will have to meet up sometime. ill be out in that area from time to time.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Originally Posted by Rpappi
when did you finally get down here. we will have to meet up sometime. ill be out in that area from time to time.
I'v been here since the 14th of november, I freakin speed here and got here in less than 2 days. had my cruise control; set to 90 if not more. nebraska was awsom cuz the road way straight and the cops were no were to be found so i drove 125 for about almost 45min. let me know when u down here, give me a call or something. 646-752-8349-Alex
Old 12-06-2006, 07:13 PM
'07 November = STI

Originally Posted by MugenR
Does anyone know an Acura Tech or maybe someone who knows this answer tell me if the 07 TL-S headlight housings will fit my 05 TL?

Thanks a bunch!
hmm.. nope.. dont know anybody..

arent they basically the same dimensions?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:14 PM
'07 November = STI

I'v been here since the 14th of november, I freakin speed here and got here in less than 2 days. had my cruise control; set to 90 if not more. nebraska was awsom cuz the road way straight and the cops were no were to be found so i drove 125 for about almost 45min. let me know when u down here, give me a call or something. 646-752-8349-Alex
welcome to washington! let us know if u ever drive over to seattle
Old 12-06-2006, 07:39 PM
B A N N E D

So when and where is this meet happening? If it sound fun, i might even make a trip up from Vancouver, BC, canada!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by lookinco
So when and where is this meet happening? If it sound fun, i might even make a trip up from Vancouver, BC, canada!
we are still trying to figure that out. there isnt too many people responding to the poll. so i really dont know what a good day will be. and where it will be would prob be seattle area. probebly in a public garage.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Guinea Pig

FYIzzle-I would like to invite you all to the first annual??? Acurazine meet at CJ Shades in Fife on either Feb 24th or March 4th 2006. It will also be our 1 year anniversary and hope to have some other stuff going on such as a Window Tint raffle and I might even try and hit Hinshaws Acura up for some other sponsorship stuff as well. And if I can, i'm going to try and get an Acura Tech to show up so we can pick his brain about our rides since that's what they do. They might even be able to tell JTso something he doesn't already know (I doubt it )
Old 12-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Chris that would off the hook.

I got my car back...I can't wait to show it off!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Ryan, wait until school and christmas is over...more people will respond.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Got Phó?

FYIzzle-I would like to invite you all to the first annual??? Acurazine meet at CJ Shades in Fife on either Feb 24th or March 4th 2006. It will also be our 1 year anniversary and hope to have some other stuff going on such as a Window Tint raffle and I might even try and hit Hinshaws Acura up for some other sponsorship stuff as well. And if I can, i'm going to try and get an Acura Tech to show up so we can pick his brain about our rides since that's what they do. They might even be able to tell JTso something he doesn't already know (I doubt it )
Sounds Good!
Old 12-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Instructor

Sure thing. I'll try to come if my schedule permits.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:20 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Angry

Weather really sucks out here, I haven't seen the sun for days now and my car looks like shit cuz of the weather being all shitty. hopefully we'll get some sun and a blue sky soon.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:33 AM
'07 November = STI

Weather really sucks out here, I haven't seen the sun for days now and my car looks like shit cuz of the weather being all shitty. hopefully we'll get some sun and a blue sky soon.
haha.. yeah.. you'll get used to it..
sounds good to me
Old 12-11-2006, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by GreenMachine
Ryan, wait until school and christmas is over...more people will respond.
ya i have been kinda dissapointed from the amount of response in the posts. i havent voted because it doesnt really matter what week.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:31 AM
03' NBP TL-S

this sucks. my car is going to be MIA from jan. 03-10 cuz of the accident, then I have to leave for school (wsu), and jan. 21 is my birthday weekend, (21), so i'll be getting drunk off my ass at the bars. maybe i'll have to make a trip back if the other weekends are chosen.

btw does anyone around know someone selling an Icebox? i'm looking for one.. please help.
Old 12-15-2006, 05:06 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Leo Type-S
this sucks. my car is going to be MIA from jan. 03-10 cuz of the accident, then I have to leave for school (wsu), and jan. 21 is my birthday weekend, (21), so i'll be getting drunk off my ass at the bars. maybe i'll have to make a trip back if the other weekends are chosen.

btw does anyone around know someone selling an Icebox? i'm looking for one.. please help.
You f'ed up your car too...holy shit. Check the B/M, someone on there is always selling a Comptech Icebox. Check ebay as well.

So who's without power? I'm at work and have no power, but the generator is running so I have a lil bit of light...lol. Most of King county has no power...I haven't stopped by Puyallup yet so I'm wondering how traffic will be when I get off at 5:30 tonight. Fuckin winter storms, blah...it's supposed to snow tomorrow too (lol). I was gonna go to Schweizer to ski this weekend but the pass is closed. I'm complaining cuz there aint nothing to do.

Hey Ryan, I can't wash my car for 30 days until the body work settles. No photoshoots until then
Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
First anual???? What was the meet we had earlier that we got those pics from??? The one with the scissor lift. Guess that was not really Acura specific though.

BTW. I ended up getting an 05 GLI this week. 6speed, 1.8t with 23k miles on it owned by the dealers maintenance manager. So no TSX for me again.

James

Last edited by itrhybrid; 12-15-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMachine
You f'ed up your car too...holy shit. Check the B/M, someone on there is always selling a Comptech Icebox. Check ebay as well.

So who's without power? I'm at work and have no power, but the generator is running so I have a lil bit of light...lol. Most of King county has no power...I haven't stopped by Puyallup yet so I'm wondering how traffic will be when I get off at 5:30 tonight. Fuckin winter storms, blah...it's supposed to snow tomorrow too (lol). I was gonna go to Schweizer to ski this weekend but the pass is closed. I'm complaining cuz there aint nothing to do.

Hey Ryan, I can't wash my car for 30 days until the body work settles. No photoshoots until then

well photoshoots around this time of year are kinda hit and miss. if we were to manage to get together it would rain. thats why i like the idea of a parking garage.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:44 AM
03' NBP TL-S

it's been crazy here lately with the blackouts.. i finally got power yesterday.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:46 AM

damn i lost power for about 6 hours. it was a long 6 hours. i went to bed early that night and i woke up to power. it was really rough
Old 12-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Guinea Pig

I lost power Wed at midnight and got it back Sunday at 8pm. But the 240volt 8500watt generator kept me up and running the whole time. I was livin like a rock star in poor tortured.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:52 AM
03' NBP TL-S

^ haha

i really need to get my ass out to one of these meets and actually meet everyone.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

poor tortured.
I love that shit.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:53 PM
'07 November = STI

dude!!! i just got power back today!! IM SO HAPPY! I CANT LIVE WITHOUT TV AND INTERNET!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 03:50 AM
03' NBP TL-S

ahahah.. nice

hopefully everyone gets power back before christmas. or else that would suck.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:40 PM

ok so its crackdown time are the enough people to do this meet in jan or shall we wait till CJams meet in febuary.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 AM
03' NBP TL-S

honestly i probably can't make a jan meet. i got too much stuff to do. i really wish i could damn.

on a side note: hey CJams, to my knowledge u own a tint shop right? could u PM me a price for tinting a 5 series bmw. it's a friend of mine wanted to get tint and i thought of u. what kind of tint do u use?

Quick Reply: Tacoma-Seattle meet brainstorm!!!!