A-Spec Suspension Mod Festival

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Spec Suspension Mod Festival

Anyone in the NY-NJ-CT area thinking about getting the A-Spec suspension kit? Why don't we do a A-Spec Install Meet. Pick up the kit from the dealer and we meet up someplace with ample room with our tools and install the suspension and help each other out. Seems like an easy install since the spring and shock is pre assembled. Let me know. I'm down.
Kit is approximately $800 from dealer. Please don't move this to the meet thread, not too many people read those threads. Thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 02:18 PM
Instructor

$600 in EBay. Beside, The drop of the A spec suspension almost un-noticeable, 1/2 inch?. The ride is better, but not impressive. If you want more aggressive looking, I suggest you go for other suspension. the good part is you keep the warranty and you don't need to slow down while across the speed bump.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:30 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I believe its 1"? And unless I'm wrong, you only keep your warranty if an Acura dealership installs it.

I have the Eibach Pro-Kit and have absolutely no problem with speed bumps.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:52 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Deelover
Please don't move this to the meet thread, not too many people read those threads.
People read that section otherwise we wouldn't have it!
It's a thread about a meet, therefore it goes in the meet section.

I was nice this time and left a redirect in the old section.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:49 PM
Instructor

I saw the move coming. This thread will die in the meet section. Poor thread. Dan you can move it completely if no one is interested in a few days. thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Most people use the "new posts" button for viewing threads so it really doesn't matter where it is. It's just more organized this way.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:46 AM
UK Spec

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i think ti's 1"

if i ever decide to drop my car... a spec package is a great deal... 600 w/ struts not bad..
Old 08-21-2004, 02:34 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by xizor
I believe its 1"? And unless I'm wrong, you only keep your warranty if an Acura dealership installs it.

I have the Eibach Pro-Kit and have absolutely no problem with speed bumps.

You are right, the spec does say 1 inch. But after i installed it, the drop is unnoticeable. Thats why I say the drop is like 1/2 inch.

I don't know about the Pro-Kit. But after the experience of the A spec, I think I will go for the pro -kit or pay more for Tein next time.

Just to tell my first impression.. no mean to offence anyone.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Hondaholic

Beside, The drop of the A spec suspension almost un-noticeable, 1/2 inch?. The ride is better, but not impressive
hbux,

I notice you're running 225/40/18s. Because that tire is smaller than the factory size, your wheel gap is increased over the factory gap. Also, whenever you go +1 or +2, even if the gap is the same, it will appear greater because the smaller sidewall creates that illusion.

But in any event, A-Spec suspension is not about looking cool. It's about utilizing a factory developed system to improve the performance of your TSX. I personaly wanted to make sure that it does NOT lower the car too much, because I don't want to worry about steep driveways, speed bumps, etc. I also don't want to detract from the factory ride quality, and I don't want warranty problems.

Let me tell you about my personal experience with suspension on one of my earlier vehicles, a Subara WRX. I bought one when they first came out, and so did my cousin. I was unhappy with the stock suspension, so I put on a factory set of STi struts/springs. It didn't lower the car any, but the difference in handling was amazing. My cousin agreed, but he was looking for that slammed look. He got a set of H&R springs to use with the factory struts. It handled OK on smooth surfaces, but would bounce off line on bumpy corners, and it rode like crap. Then his factory struts blew out, so he replaced them with KYB AGXs. It still rides like crap, but it's better than it was. Then, when he ran into a problem with his ABS sensor, his warranty claim was denied. The rep claimed that the mounting point for the sensor was not correct, and that's why it wasn't working. While that may be BS, he didn't want to take the time and money to go to court, so he paid for it out of pocket.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:00 AM
Instructor

I got some picture of the A spec. I will post in a day or two.