Mid-Atl Mega Meet April 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
Pics are great...sounds like everyone had a good time. Wish I could have made it...so when is the next one?? I'd like to make it out to that one if I don't have to work again.
Quit trying to act like you want to hang out with us man. It's cool, we know you were down there just hanging out with your girl or whatever. We even came to YOUR state Man!

j/k

JP: No worries man. I appreciate you even trying to help me out. In the next couple weeks I should have a digicam of my own, courtesy of Sony and the Navy Exchange.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:19 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blitz
What's with all the tape?
I figure he does AutoX and either he cracked his bumper, just left the track earlier in the day or he uses it while doing AutoX to prevent nicks and scrapes on the bumper. Cheaper than Rockblocker

side note
lilvinnyb : clean out your box

Last edited by Meek32v6; 04-03-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 AM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JP: No worries man. I appreciate you even trying to help me out. In the next couple weeks I should have a digicam of my own, courtesy of Sony and the Navy Exchange.
Damn, you lucky bamas with your Exchange privileges. We used to have access to the Exchange when our family was stationed in MCAS Iwakuni Japan. We lost our privileges when we moved back stateside. The only other time I was able to purchase at an Exchange was last year at the Hale Koa Hotel in Honolulu Hawaii where I vacationed last year. We were able to purchase at the exchange since my father was a civil servant (almost 30 years of service) with the Navy. I love me some Military Exchange
Old 04-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Quit trying to act like you want to hang out with us man. It's cool, we know you were down there just hanging out with your girl or whatever. We even came to YOUR state Man!

j/k

Tough crowd...unfortunately I was stuck at work all day, and it was such a nice day to. My girl actually called me at work and said, "What a nice day for a meet." Damn why did she have to rub it in. And on top of that, you guys wouldn't have wanted to be seen with me since I am driving a Mitsubishi Galant until I get my car back from the shop.

Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Damn, you lucky bamas with your Exchange privileges. We used to have access to the Exchange when our family was stationed in MCAS Iwakuni Japan. We lost our privileges when we moved back stateside. The only other time I was able to purchase at an Exchange was last year at the Hale Koa Hotel in Honolulu Hawaii where I vacationed last year. We were able to purchase at the exchange since my father was a civil servant (almost 30 years of service) with the Navy. I love me some Military Exchange
It's a beautiful thing...that's where I got my TV from too. Best price in town. Sorry you don't have that oppurtunity anymore though...if you need something let me know, I'll pick it up for you. Another place I've found electronics very cheap is www.cnet.com. Check it out if you have a chance.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was a good turn out, Im just glad The guys from BWI waited for me! I got to rockville at 5:50pm. Everybody from Acura left, Im not trippin, I rolled with who I wanted to rolled with so it was cool!

SO WHERE IS THE NEXT MEET???

VA BEACH??? WHAT DO YALL THINK? I THINK WE SHOULD GIVE NEAL (240CLS) A MEET!!! WHAT DO YALL THINK?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Recently turned 18

Hey Snow...it wouldn't have mattered if you were in a yellow bus. The more the merrier man. How do your future weekends look?
Old 04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
I like to whistle in my

Does anyone have a list of who actually showed up for the meet? Just looking of something else to add to the credits of the video..
Old 04-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Recently turned 18

We could probably piece together from memory on who we know. My list would be VERY short seeing as how I can't ever remember most folks' names or board names.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered abuser

I rolled with the Rockville group. Yo, why didn't the BWI cats roll with us? Did they even show up down there? Had a good time driving "spiritedly" down 95. I wish we had stayed grouped together though. I expected pics to be "on my desk" by late last night/early this morning at the latest. This is unsatisfactory. I had a great time with all my Zine folks! Shame on those that didn't show.
Well, we were parked adjacent to the Silver Diner lot, and we saw you guys there, but you all booked at 10 of 6. I am not one to prowl the forums all the time on the weekend so the last minute time change sure threw me off. I am sure you saw our cars, or at least someone did. I thought the time was firmly set at 6 to leave. Not a last minute time change.

Originally Posted by jason2713
i think we were waiting on a few people to come, that's why we didnt roll, but I mean we waited entirely too long...we didn't even end up leaving until 7pm or so. We got there, we basically had to go where everyone was. Still a good time, I just wish we got there when you all did.
Waiting on a few people was after the fact of the time change. No blame on Troy here.

Originally Posted by telele
We were waiting on Troy and a few more people, we wanted leave with you guys but had to wait for a few people. We got at the gates just before 7:30 but they closed the gates and we all had to park in the shopping Plaza.
Like stated to Jason. The meet was huge, good turnout!

Great pics
Old 04-03-2006, 03:22 PM
Recently turned 18

It's no biggie man. I saw you guys over there, but yeah I was getting kind of concerned about the new departure time. I would've like it to have been more folks but unless we had kept it at Cruise (which unfortunately we didn't) it might've been even more...."concerning" to have so many cars moving at a rapid pace. I'm in the early stages of a Video meet, but would love for you guys to join if possible.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Registered abuser

It's no biggie man. I saw you guys over there, but yeah I was getting kind of concerned about the new departure time. I would've like it to have been more folks but unless we had kept it at Cruise (which unfortunately we didn't) it might've been even more...."concerning" to have so many cars moving at a rapid pace. I'm in the early stages of a Video meet, but would love for you guys to join if possible.
You don't have to ask man....We're there!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post Meeting Times For 1st Mega Meet / Ideas For Next Meet

For whom thought the pre-meet times were not carried out as posted.

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost

** Meeting Spot For Cats Around I-270 (Bethesda-Frederick). Probably need to meet at like 5:30 p.m. and leave by 5:45 p.m. at the latest.
^^ The above was posted up on the thread since March 20th. That exact quote was posted up more than 5 times as well after March 20th.

The Rockville pre-meet time is at 5:30, leaving at 5:45. I'll be there at 5:15ish. Everyone who can get there early should do so please. I prolly can't officially change the meet up time since some people will get left behind bc they dont check this site all the time and 545 leave time was already set .... but I'll be able to roll on the highway by 530. So once we think we have everyone there ... we'll roll out at 545 pm at the extreme latest.
^^ The above was posted up the night before (March 31st) the Mega Meet after discusions were taken place about moving the Rockville pre-meet time earlier ... but after all was said and done for time arrangments .... it was still kept the same the entire time.

VA Pre-meet time was changed to 6:00PM by JP on April 1st @ 7:00 AM.

I posted on April 1st @ 11:00 AM that we would meet at 5:15 and leave no later than 5:35ish ... but we really did not end up leaving till 5:50, because we all respected the fact that everyone on the forum thread probably did not check it daily. So, once again, nothing changed when the pre-meet actually took action and the original plans were carried out.

Not postin' this to start a argument or single anyone out. Just posting just to post. That's it. Period.

__________________________________________________ __

JPTLS or Marcus - What program are you using to blur out the plates with the clearish bubble kinda thing?

__________________________________________________ __

Where do you guys want to make the new meet at? I went to Black Creek Park the other day for a S2000 meet and that place is perfect for pictures, a cook out, etc. And there's TON's of room there. Prolly a lil more than the Cabin John place we had the "bbq meet" at ... but this time people ... bring your own food this time, ha. It's like 10 min. off I-270 where it turns from 4 lanes to 2 lanes heading up towards Frederick (but not near Frederick). Like 20 min. from the 495 and I-270 spilt. Not sure if that's close enough for you VA guys, but this place looked safe, discretish, and good for a nice backround for group pics, etc. Let me know. I guess we should do one for like Saturdy April 22nd or 29th since we'll prolly meet for the next Mega Meet May 6th (someone said they are held every 1st Saturday of the month)
Old 04-03-2006, 04:24 PM
10th Gear

Yeah I would like to do that BBQ thing but yeah HIN IS ON THE 22ND so if anyone needs FLYERS I work with Vision Entertainment have a lot of flyers. We all should meet for a cruise down to HIN. Anyone down for that?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
Does anyone have a list of who actually showed up for the meet? Just looking of something else to add to the credits of the video..
VA crew in no particular order:

JPTL-S
Enigma
TL Dustin
TSX.Fury
Clean AC
Tzakiel
Pinky_ttc
JulyCCC
LilvinnyB
JDM5LugHatch
Old 04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
アキュラ 力

JPTLS or Marcus - What program are you using to blur out the plates with the clearish bubble kinda thing?
Adobe Photoshop Elements - It's the bombdiggidy baby
Old 04-03-2006, 04:52 PM
PROFESSIONAL HITMAN!

We Didn't Leave Until 5:45. There Were Several Posts Stating That If You Didn't Arrive By 5:45 We Would Leave. I Am Glad We Did Because We Made It Into The Lot. Maybe Next Time Evryone Will Leave Earlier So We Can Represent Even Better.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
PROFESSIONAL HITMAN!

I Even Left My Own Boy Who Was Driving My Other Car Because He Wanted To Go To Popeyes. He Caught Up And Still Made It Inside The Lot.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Hey Snow...it wouldn't have mattered if you were in a yellow bus. The more the merrier man. How do your future weekends look?
Future weekends are open up until April 22. Taking the woman up to NYC (she's never been) for the weekend but up till then, don't have any plans. Not sure about May yet, I'll have to look at my calendar and see when I am working. Let me know what you wanna do.
On a side note, I took a ride down to the body shop to today and checked on my baby. The front bumper and lip were about done (just needed a coat of clear coat and then to baking) and it looked great. The painter showed me around...real nice guy and says he works on every car like it's his own. I am so glad. They replaced the hood and my car was in the paint booth. Got to look at it through the window and it looked real good to. Of course I can't tell how the paint matches up because it was not done, but I am confident the painter will do a good job. Should have it back in a couple days and the tires are going on this Friday. I'm so anxious.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
I like to whistle in my

Thanks for the names JP. Maryland??? anyone??

Ghost: I use Photoshop CS but their all in the similar +/- some features

Im glad we left when we left. I thought we were going to leave earlier to meet up with the VA people but as time was ticking I figured that wasn't going to happen. I was trying to figure out were all the V6P people went. I saw them pull up but then it looked like everyone went in different directions to get food Either way, I'm just glad i got some stuff on tape
Old 04-03-2006, 05:58 PM
PROFESSIONAL HITMAN!

Thanks for the names JP. Maryland??? anyone??

Ghost: I use Photoshop CS but their all in the similar +/- some features

Im glad we left when we left. I thought we were going to leave earlier to meet up with the VA people but as time was ticking I figured that wasn't going to happen. I was trying to figure out were all the V6P people went. I saw them pull up but then it looked like everyone went in different directions to get food Either way, I'm just glad i got some stuff on tape
Old 04-03-2006, 06:13 PM
アキュラ 力

Future weekends are open up until April 22. Taking the woman up to NYC (she's never been) for the weekend but up till then, don't have any plans. Not sure about May yet, I'll have to look at my calendar and see when I am working. Let me know what you wanna do.
On a side note, I took a ride down to the body shop to today and checked on my baby. The front bumper and lip were about done (just needed a coat of clear coat and then to baking) and it looked great. The painter showed me around...real nice guy and says he works on every car like it's his own. I am so glad. They replaced the hood and my car was in the paint booth. Got to look at it through the window and it looked real good to. Of course I can't tell how the paint matches up because it was not done, but I am confident the painter will do a good job. Should have it back in a couple days and the tires are going on this Friday. I'm so anxious.
Can't wait to see the final product. Make sure you post up pics once you get your car back I assume they matched the lip to the rest of the bumper? I know you were having issues with that.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

^^yeah they repainted the front lip. The insurance company wouldn't pay the body shop to paint match the fenders because the insurance company said that it's not on the same plane of view. I talked to the owner and the painter at the body shop and he said he was taking that out of his pocket to paint match. He said he would rather have a happy customer with a good final product than cut corners. He definitely got my vote with that one, but we will see the final product and I will let you know how it goes. Of course I will post some pics of it and post 'em up.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:50 PM
アキュラ 力

^^yeah they repainted the front lip. The insurance company wouldn't pay the body shop to paint match the fenders because the insurance company said that it's not on the same plane of view. I talked to the owner and the painter at the body shop and he said he was taking that out of his pocket to paint match. He said he would rather have a happy customer with a good final product than cut corners. He definitely got my vote with that one, but we will see the final product and I will let you know how it goes. Of course I will post some pics of it and post 'em up.
Wow, that was very nice of him! Good to see you got that all straightened out. I guess I was lucky. When the chick rear ended me last year, I was able to get her insurance company (Progressive) to repaint my rear lip event though there was no damage to it Luckily I remembered to tell the lady providing the estimate. Had I not told her at that time, they would have only painted the bumper. I would have been SOL if the paint didn't match.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Tint The Windshield

Talking Hot Import Nights Car Show Saturday, April 22, 2006.

Attention: Check out the Brand New Thread for the Hot Import Nights Car Show and Acura Zine meet up spot(s) to roll to before the car show!!! It's Saturday April 22nd!!!

Click Here For the Thread and Sign Up !!!

Old 04-03-2006, 07:34 PM
アキュラ 力

Attention: Check out the Brand New Thread for the Hot Import Nights Car Show and Acura Zine meet up spot(s) to roll to before the car show!!! It's Saturday April 22nd!!!

Click Here For the Thread and Sign Up !!!

Bro, got your message. I'm in the middle of a class right now. I was going to call you later but it looks like you have things under control
Old 04-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Recently turned 18

Snowman- Good to hear that it's so far so good on the ride. Tell the guy if you're satisfied you'll tell your friends. I debadged my rear and it looks like the glue might've pulled some clear coat off. Not quite sure on that though. Been trying to think of when we could do the Mod Day, but since I'll definitely be taking a trip down to Atlanta while I'm on leave I'm not sure when I'll get the chance.

Meek- The only folks I can recall from the MD caravan were you, me, MX6PEDDLER, kcblack02tl-s, (Litho) I think is his name (white Mugen TSX), and a few others that I can never remember their names. Sorry guys.

If nobody is busy this Sat. I say we do something small. Nothing crazy, just something short to put more faces to names, chill, plan, whatever. I'm thinking lunch or something like that. ...does anybody have a camcorder?
Old 04-04-2006, 08:39 AM
アキュラ 力

Lilvinnyb's pics

Here are Lilvinnyb's pics. Great Job Vinny

Last edited by JPTL-S; 04-04-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:46 AM
アキュラ 力

^^^ Posted with his of course
Old 04-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Damn...those were some sick cars. I see alot of people doing the lambo doors...don't think it looks right on a sedan though. Hoep the turn out is as good for the next mega meet, whenever that may be.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered abuser

Anyone get pics of the upper lot?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:26 PM
I like to whistle in my

Originally Posted by iobidder
Anyone get pics of the upper lot?
What's considered the upper lot?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:44 PM
Recently turned 18

I'm guessing the parking lot just outside the gate. I saw a ton of folks getting redirected to there.
Old 04-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Tint The Windshield

Arrow

1. I was there as well. With my NBP '06 TL.

2. And yeah that "other lot" was the parking lot up at the shopping center I believe.

- Nick

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Click Here .... Check Out The Hot Import Nights Thread For Saturdady April 22 and sign up !!!

Old 04-04-2006, 05:48 PM
send me a link to JDM??

What's with all the tape?
They had an autocross earlier that day I believe
Old 04-04-2006, 09:29 PM
I like to whistle in my

Ok. The video is done...got tired of waiting for other pics and stuff. Im uploading as we speak
Old 04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
アキュラ 力

Awwwwwww shyt, can't wait
Old 04-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Ok. The video is done...got tired of waiting for other pics and stuff. Im uploading as we speak
R U done yet...r u done yet...

How about now....

no, maybe now?

Okay, I am getting a little anxious.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:40 PM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
hurrah!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Recently turned 18

Damn, I was hoping it was done BEFORE I went to work. Aww well, hopefully the firewalls won't block it.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I like to whistle in my

Ok
Mid Atlantic Mega Meet
22 MB - 3min & 43sec

...taking forever....

here is the You Tube link
MegaMeet

I'll upload mine soon..it's taking a while

Quick Reply: Mid-Atl Mega Meet April 1