Mid-Atl Mega Meet April 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 04:24 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation NoVA folks please read

Originally Posted by AcurasGhost

Does anyone think we should move the pre-meeting times back earlier? I would hate for all this effort, etc. to go to waste and ALL of us just have to park somewhere nowhere near the damn thing, haha. Possibly move the Rockville pre-meet time to meet at 5:00-5:15 and then leave by 5:30 and then the VA pre-meet guys meet at like 5:30-5:45 and then leave by 6:00. That way we should all be able to meet up before the parking lot at 6:30ish.

Once we can get any earlier times settled I'll update the list and finalize all that junx.

Nick,

I think this would be a great idea, however we are cutting it a bit close and people may get confused (there has already been a bit of confusion over the Tyson's location). Unless I hear from the folks in our group by tonight with regards to possibly meeting ealier, we most likely will have to keep out meet time of 6:30 pm tomorrow.

Just a reminder for all going to the VA pre-meet:

*NoVA Pre-Meet Location Change*

When: 6:30 pm - Saturday April 1, 2006 - Please be prompt

Where:
Marshall High School Front Parking lot (Facing Route 7) - Details Below

Ok folks, I know this is short notice but we can't risk having problems in Tyson's especially since we don't know exactly who will be showing up (aside from the core group who normally shows up to the local meets). Therefore, punch the following address into your navi or enter this address into Map quest:

Marshall High School:
7731 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043

Given the 6:30 pm meet time, there is no telling what the parking lot at Marshall High School Will look like. I'm assuming it will be empty because we are meeting on a Saturday. But in the event that the Marshall High School lot is occupied, there is a library pretty much across the street that has a sizable parking lot. Furthermore, if the library lot is full, there is an office building to the left of the library (assuming you are facing the library) which has an even larger parking lot where we can meet. Below is the address of the Library:

Tyson's / Pimmit Regional Library
7584 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043-2099

Old 03-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Tint The Windshield

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool Aight JPTLS

Dang it! Hopefully we don't get screwed once we get there and aren't allowed in the parking lot. I'll be at the Rockville spot early as possible just so there's 1 less car to wait on.

I guess we don't officially have to change the time but as long as we get most of the people to the pre-meet spots early that would be good enough. I mean I know everyone who said they'll be at whichever pre-meet spot prolly wont' check this thing daily like me .... but the more people we have earlier than the scheduled pre-meet time .... the better.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang it! Hopefully we don't get screwed once we get there and aren't allowed in the parking lot. I'll be at the Rockville spot early as possible just so there's 1 less car to wait on.

I guess we don't officially have to change the time but as long as we get most of the people to the pre-meet spots early that would be good enough. I mean I know everyone who said they'll be at whichever pre-meet spot prolly wont' check this thing daily like me .... but the more people we have earlier than the scheduled pre-meet time .... the better.

really? Its that tough to get into this joint? I mean I'm not driving 3-4 hours round trip not to get in and park my car...that retarded
Old 03-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Tint The Windshield

Cool

I dont know how tough it is, but there's a write on the Mega Meet website saying that they had to close the gates at 7:35 one time. It's up to ya'll when we can meet at the pre-meet spots.

The Rockville pre-meet time is at 5:30, leaving at 5:45. I'll be there at 5:15ish. Everyone who can get there early should do so please. I prolly can't officially change the meet up time since some people will get left behind bc they dont check this site all the time and 545 leave time was already set .... but I'll be able to roll on the highway by 530. So once we think we have everyone there ... we'll roll out at 545 pm at the extreme latest.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:24 PM
アキュラ 力

I agree with you, meeting up earlier might be a good idea, but I'm not sure we can pull it off with such short notice. If you Rockville folks want to meet up earlier and go down, that's fine. I will wait to hear back from the VA folks (hopefully they are reading this) to see what the consensus is. This being the first meet of the season, I don't know what the turnout will be like but to be on the safe side we should assume that it will be high

Last edited by JPTL-S; 03-31-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Fighting CL

Dre - Contact someone that's going to the VA pre-meet spot and set something up or just show up at the VA pre-meet spot and just roll with them. The address to their spot is around page 3 or 4 I think. An elementary school or library. NOT Tysons.

that makes no sense for me to go all the way up there and come back down do woodbridge im going to drive right past it!!!!! so someone let me know so i dont have to waste gas and double back!
Old 03-31-2006, 08:43 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by dre97cl
Dre - Contact someone that's going to the VA pre-meet spot and set something up or just show up at the VA pre-meet spot and just roll with them. The address to their spot is around page 3 or 4 I think. An elementary school or library. NOT Tysons.

that makes no sense for me to go all the way up there and come back down do woodbridge im going to drive right past it!!!!! so someone let me know so i dont have to waste gas and double back!
Bro, I suggest you just meet us all down there. The problem is that we are going from north to south, you are going south to north. You can't miss us. The event organizers usually line the cars up based on makes and model. Having said that, all the Acuras will be together in one location (unless you show up really late).
Old 03-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Recently turned 18

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Crap, somewhere along the way I got confused. Guess I'll just plan on being in Rockville just after 5:00. Seriously, I hope everyone gets word of exactly and officially what time the Acura Armada will set sail. And yes...I'm still undecided about attending. I'll check here late 2nite after I get back from clubbing. Lataz
Old 04-01-2006, 05:09 AM
I like to whistle in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meek32v6
Marcus-- cell-- 240.832.4016
164*19*1208 (if you got'em)
Rockville
Old 04-01-2006, 06:13 AM
アキュラ 力

Exclamation 6:00 pm Time Change

*NoVA Pre-Meet UPDATED TIME and LOCATION CHANGE*

When: 6:00 pm - Saturday April 1, 2006 - Please be prompt
Where:
Marshall High School Front Parking lot (Facing Route 7) - 7731 Leesburg Pike Falls Church, VA 22043

Ok folks,
please take note of the updated time and location change above. We have decided to switch up the time in order to give us a better chance at occupying the limited number of spaces that the commuter parking lot contains.

I know this is short notice but we can't risk having problems in Tyson's especially since we don't know exactly who will be showing up (aside from the core group who normally shows up to the local meets). Therefore, punch the following address into your navi or enter this address into Map quest:

Marshall High School:
7731 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043

In the event that the Marshall High School lot is occupied (or you can't find us there for some reason), there is a library, down the road a bit, that has a sizable parking lot in which we can meet. Furthermore, if the library lot is full, there is an office building to the left of the library (assuming you are facing the library) which has an even larger parking lot where we can meet. Below is the address of the Library:

Tyson's / Pimmit Regional Library
7584 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043-2099

If by any chance you've missed us, here are the directions to the Mega Meet commuter parking lot (PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS OUT). These will also come in handy if any of us get split up from the group:

Directions to the Mega Meet
For those of you who can not meet up prior to the Mega Meet and would like to proceed directly to the commuter parking lot here are the directions

From regions south of Woodbridge...
Take I-95 North towards Washington and look for the Route 123 exits. There are 2 exits and you need to take the second one (the exit # is 160B). When you get off onto the second Route 123 exit it will circle around the commuter lot and you can exit right into the lot off of the exit ramp.

From regions north of Woodbridge...
Take I-95 South towards Richmond and get off at exit 161 (Route 1). It is a left exit off of I-95 so watch out for this. Once on the exit, be careful of speed traps right after you go under the overpass because the speed limit drops down to 35mph. Go thru the first traffic light, cross over the bridge, go thru the second traffic light. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Gordon Blvd/Route 123. Stay in the right hand lane, continue on through the first traffic light and then you will see a sign for the "commuter lot". Make a right at the second traffic light and continue down the road, pass the hotel on your left, go under the overpass and enter into the commuter lot.

Last edited by JPTL-S; 04-01-2006 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:18 AM
Instructor

sounds good!

JPTL can you PM me your cell no. just incase

I am looking forward to it.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:39 AM
lilvinnyb

Time and weather?

All,

So far im going, but will be keeping an eye on the weather also. What time do you expect all the TL's to arrive at the meet? illbe meeting you there.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:25 AM
SOLOCG

Ok a few of us will be hitting up the flagship car wash in Rockville and then meet up around 5pm at the parking lot across from silver diner. I have no clue where I'm going to this VA pre meet so hopefully someone will know when we meet up in Rockville.

~Dre
301-556-3300
Old 04-01-2006, 08:33 AM
SOLOCG

Here is what map quest pulled up

From Silver Diner
1: Start out going SOUTHEAST on ROCKVILLE PIKE / MD-355 S toward MD-187 / OLD GEORGETOWN RD. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto MD-187 S / OLD GEORGETOWN RD. 2.5 miles Map

3: Merge onto CAPITAL BELTWAY / I-495 W toward SOUTH I-495. 9.9 miles Map

4: Take the VA-7 E / LEESBURG PIKE exit- EXIT 47A- toward FALLS CHURCH. 0.3 miles Map

5: Merge onto LEESBURG PIKE / VA-7 E via EXIT 47B toward FALLS CHURCH. 0.6 miles Map

6: End at 7731 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043-2405, US
Old 04-01-2006, 09:12 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by telele
Here is what map quest pulled up

From Silver Diner
1: Start out going SOUTHEAST on ROCKVILLE PIKE / MD-355 S toward MD-187 / OLD GEORGETOWN RD. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto MD-187 S / OLD GEORGETOWN RD. 2.5 miles Map

3: Merge onto CAPITAL BELTWAY / I-495 W toward SOUTH I-495. 9.9 miles Map

4: Take the VA-7 E / LEESBURG PIKE exit- EXIT 47A- toward FALLS CHURCH. 0.3 miles Map

5: Merge onto LEESBURG PIKE / VA-7 E via EXIT 47B toward FALLS CHURCH. 0.6 miles Map

6: End at 7731 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22043-2405, US
Dre, there are two separate groups rolling up. One group is departing from Rockville and the other is departing from Tysons. The plan is to try to time it so that the Tyson's folks meet up with the Rockville folks while in transit if possible (Nick will give me a call when they are approching the Tyson's area). If this does not work out, we will regroup at the parking lot located at the top of the road leading down to the commuter parking lot. I was under the assumption that you were going to the Rockville pre-meet, but if Tyson's is closer for you, you are more than welcome to join us. Your directions look fine. Just make sure that when you take the Tysons's exit, you take the exit for 7 East towards Falls Church. Marshall High School will be on your right. Like I said, if that lot is full or closed off for some reason, then proceed past the school and the Library will be on your left , just look out for the sign. Let me know what you decide, thanks!
Old 04-01-2006, 09:16 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by lilvinnyb
All,

So far im going, but will be keeping an eye on the weather also. What time do you expect all the TL's to arrive at the meet? illbe meeting you there.
Vinny, if all goes as planned, we should be down there at approximately 6:30 pm. Both the Rockville and Tyson's groups intend to gather at the shopping center parking lot (on the right) at the top of the hill leading to the commuter lot so we can all roll in at once.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:33 AM
SOLOCG

Oh I'm still meeting up in Rockville but I did not know about the meet up @ Marshall High School as I suck with directions lol. But I'll see you guys soon enough I'll be at Rockville pre-meet around 5pm thanks .
Old 04-01-2006, 09:35 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by telele
Oh I'm still meeting up in Rockville but I did not know about the meet up @ Marshall High School as I suck with directions lol. But I'll see you guys soon enough I'll be at Rockville pre-meet around 5pm thanks .
Cool bro, just let me know if you change your mind, you're more than welcome to join
Old 04-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Tint The Windshield

Exclamation Update Saturday April 1, 2006

Dre- My bad ... I didn't know you were already North of the meet. I would say just meet us there just before the parking lot at 6:00-6:30 p.m.

Marcus- Wrote down your cell number just incase I need it for any reason. PM me if you want mine for any reason as well.

Lil Vinny B- We plan to arrive at the Mega Meet around 6:30ish I believe.

ROCKVILLE PRE-MEET UPDATED TIME!!!

COME TO THE PARKING LOT NEXT TO SILVER DINER BY 5:15 AND WE'LL LEAVE NO LATER THAN 5:35ish PM. Sorry for the late notice but we have to gaurantee ourselve's a spot in the show!!

What: MEGA MEET #9

Date: Saturday, April 1st, 2006.

Time: 7:00pm-11:00pm

Where: The address of the lot is 1180 Annapolis Way in Woodbridge, Virginia 22191.

The Main Info Page For The Mega Meet April 1, 2006.

MapQuest Directions From Meet Spot To Mega Meet

Rockville Pre-meet Address:
11806 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852

Acura Zine.com: Updated April 1 @ 11:00 pm

1. AcurasGhost - '06 & '98 TL
2. 240CLS - CL-S
3. lil_Turbo4 - Black CL-S
- 2 Evo's
- 1 S2000 (Josh)
- Solora
4. Mrs_lil_turbo4 - 240SX
5. lilvinnyb - SSM 3G TL (rollin in solo-save him a spot!)
6. julyccc - CGP TSX
7. TSX.Fury
8. Meek32v6 - 3G Anthracite TL
9.Gregory_20706
10. JPTL-S - SSM TL-S
11. TSX.Fury
12. MX6Peddler - CL-s (red)
13. blk2001tlon19s - TL - (maybe)
14. Telele
15. Tzakiel (WDP 05 TL) (VA)
16. Pinky_ttc - (SSM 05 TL) (VA)
17. Blitz (Maybe just crusin' with us for a lil')
18. Leedogg (WDP 06 TL)
19. Dre97cl (Meeting at Meet)
20. Jason2713 (VA pre-meet)

Old 04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro

I just realized I wasnt even on here I will be meeting up with Troy and the bunch in rockville I have met a few of you other guys I think at the last mega meet and the meet at D&B anyways see you guys there looks like it will be a great turn out.
Dre- My bad ... I didn't know you were already North of the meet. I would say just meet us there just before the parking lot at 6:00-6:30 p.m.

Marcus- Wrote down your cell number just incase I need it for any reason. PM me if you want mine for any reason as well.

Lil Vinny B- We plan to arrive at the Mega Meet around 6:30ish I believe.

ROCKVILLE PRE-MEET UPDATED TIME!!!

COME TO THE PARKING LOT NEXT TO SILVER DINER BY 5:15 AND WE'LL LEAVE NO LATER THAN 5:35ish PM. Sorry for the late notice but we have to gaurantee ourselve's a spot in the show!!

What: MEGA MEET #9

Date: Saturday, April 1st, 2006.

Time: 7:00pm-11:00pm

Where: The address of the lot is 1180 Annapolis Way in Woodbridge, Virginia 22191.

The Main Info Page For The Mega Meet April 1, 2006.

MapQuest Directions From Meet Spot To Mega Meet

Rockville Pre-meet Address:
11806 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852

Acura Zine.com: Updated April 1 @ 11:00 pm

1. AcurasGhost - '06 & '98 TL
2. 240CLS - CL-S
3. lil_Turbo4 - Black CL-S
- 2 Evo's
- 1 S2000 (Josh)
- Solora
4. Mrs_lil_turbo4 - 240SX
5. lilvinnyb - SSM 3G TL (rollin in solo-save him a spot!)
6. julyccc - CGP TSX
7. TSX.Fury
8. Meek32v6 - 3G Anthracite TL
9.Gregory_20706
10. JPTL-S - SSM TL-S
11. TSX.Fury
12. MX6Peddler - CL-s (red)
13. blk2001tlon19s - TL - (maybe)
14. Telele
15. Tzakiel (WDP 05 TL) (VA)
16. Pinky_ttc - (SSM 05 TL) (VA)
17. Blitz (Maybe just crusin' with us for a lil')
18. Leedogg (WDP 06 TL)
19. Dre97cl (Meeting at Meet)
20. Jason2713 (VA pre-meet)
21. Mr_luv (SWP Legacy 05 GT)
Old 04-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Recently turned 18

Uggh, has anyone looked outside? Any Plan B?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:38 AM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by Blitz
Uggh, has anyone looked outside? Any Plan B?
Hopefully it should be ok
Old 04-01-2006, 11:42 AM
SOLOCG

7pm Mostly Sunny
64°F
64°F 20% 44°F 48% From NW 11 mph

8pm Mostly Clear
61°F
61°F 20% 44°F 54% From NW 10 mph

9pm Clear
59°F
57°F 10% 44°F 57% From NW 10 mph

10pm Clear
58°F
56°F 0% 44°F 60% From NW 9 mph

11pm Clear
57°F
55°F 0% 44°F 62% From NW 9 mph
Old 04-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Recently turned 18

Ok then. I hoped it would pass. Glad I decided to wait to wash the car.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:53 PM
two miles an hour

damn im in a meeting from 11-5pm on campus
(im in the meeting now)
doesnt look like ill be able to meet up with anyone with the earlier times that jus got posted
eh ill guess ill go to the next one
Old 04-01-2006, 01:00 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by kcblack02tl-s
damn im in a meeting from 11-5pm on campus
(im in the meeting now)
doesnt look like ill be able to meet up with anyone with the earlier times that jus got posted
eh ill guess ill go to the next one
Bro, you can meet us there if you want to:

Directions to the Mega Meet
For those of you who can not meet up prior to the Mega Meet and would like to proceed directly to the commuter parking lot here are the directions

From regions south of Woodbridge...
Take I-95 North towards Washington and look for the Route 123 exits. There are 2 exits and you need to take the second one (the exit # is 160B). When you get off onto the second Route 123 exit it will circle around the commuter lot and you can exit right into the lot off of the exit ramp.

From regions north of Woodbridge...
Take I-95 South towards Richmond and get off at exit 161 (Route 1). It is a left exit off of I-95 so watch out for this. Once on the exit, be careful of speed traps right after you go under the overpass because the speed limit drops down to 35mph. Go thru the first traffic light, cross over the bridge, go thru the second traffic light. Make a right at the third traffic light onto Gordon Blvd/Route 123. Stay in the right hand lane, continue on through the first traffic light and then you will see a sign for the "commuter lot". Make a right at the second traffic light and continue down the road, pass the hotel on your left, go under the overpass and enter into the commuter lot.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Tint The Windshield

Talking Updated Weather In Woodbridge, VA - 2:30 pm

Not sure what the other weather reports were for above, but this is one that looks very promising ... it's for the same zip code that the parking lot we are going to for the Mega Meet!

So lets for the good weather, our rides before the meet, and there.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:38 PM
SOLOCG

Yep I ran the zipcode for woodbridge, Va so we should be more then good.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Recently turned 18

Ooops. Question. Where is the Silver Diner (Rockville Pre-meet)? Is it an obvious spot? Near what? How far from D&B? Can't believe I didn't realize this before.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Tint The Windshield

Talking

Originally Posted by Blitz
Ooops. Question. Where is the Silver Diner (Rockville Pre-meet)? Is it an obvious spot? Near what? How far from D&B? Can't believe I didn't realize this before.
its obvious. It's in a pretty open area so it can't really be hard to miss. It's like 3 seconds from the Barnes N Noble/GAP store that everyone always goes to. It's like 5 lights North (I believe) of White Flint Mall/D&B. It's right directly off 355. You dont' have to any side streets or anything to get to it.

Time to wash my car!
Old 04-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Recently turned 18

Ok. Well, I'm on the way from Ft. Washington. I'm hungry as hell too!! See y'all soon.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Pink things in...

Jon and I may be late.

We're waiting on a gas range to be delivered and installed. Ugh.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:25 PM
アキュラ 力

Originally Posted by pinky_ttc
Jon and I may be late.

We're waiting on a gas range to be delivered and installed. Ugh.
Teresa, when you get a chance, can you tell Jon to call Satoshi and let him know how late you all will be, thx!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
No pics yet...what's going on you slackers. I wanna see what I missed, someone has to have some good pics or maybe even a video
Old 04-02-2006, 10:37 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro

you didnt
Originally Posted by snowman81
No pics yet...what's going on you slackers. I wanna see what I missed, someone has to have some good pics or maybe even a video
Old 04-02-2006, 10:44 AM
I like to whistle in my

Originally Posted by Malayalee King
????...You should have been there you slacker
It was a real good turn out. We had a whole line of Acurazine for at least 20 straight, then some other scattered. We represented better than most groups. The second closest I would say is either the BMW's or Subbies. Actually, the bimmers might have been a close tie as far as straight line.

If anyone has any video, I can host or post up so I can add to mine for the video. Any pics posted, I'll just copy
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I like to whistle in my

HAHA...Im excited about this video because we left when it's day time and it came out real clear for being on a digital camera
<~~~ Giddy with joy
Old 04-02-2006, 11:19 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
????...You should have been there you slacker
It was a real good turn out. We had a whole line of Acurazine for at least 20 straight, then some other scattered. We represented better than most groups. The second closest I would say is either the BMW's or Subbies. Actually, the bimmers might have been a close tie as far as straight line.

If anyone has any video, I can host or post up so I can add to mine for the video. Any pics posted, I'll just copy
haha i was out of t
Old 04-02-2006, 11:19 AM
ഥഎണഡഏ Fellas Inc.

Originally Posted by Meek32v6
HAHA...Im excited about this video because we left when it's day time and it came out real clear for being on a digital camera
<~~~ Giddy with joy

Quick Reply: Mid-Atl Mega Meet April 1