Instead of a meet, how about.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2001, 07:13 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 505 Likes on 231 Posts
Instead of a meet, how about.....

.....some sort of area rally! We could all get together and drive through a specified area, invade a local eatery (someplace cool, that has outside eating) and basically do what all of the Harleys do around here.

Every Sunday the local back roads in Eastern CT are full of Harley's cruising down to a local clam shack on the beach at Rocky Neck.

The coolest part of the last CT meet (aside from having Snook there) was driving up the Berlin Turnpike to Hooters after the meet. Seeing all of those "hot" TLs on the road was pretty inspiring. And the NYC branch had a good time speeding down the Merritt on the way home!

There is always a talk of another meet, but by now we pretty much know what everyone has done to their cars (except the new guys). How about something different?

What do you guys think? (It's just an idea)

:-jon
Old 08-23-2001, 07:51 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES YES, but no. I threw this idea out like 2 months ago with no kind of response. I went to a VW drive where they just drove around for 2 hours, it was so much fun. Although I wished I could have had my TL for someof those corners . But sadly I sold my car am waiting for a replacement.
Old 08-23-2001, 09:04 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jon, that's why I brought up the topic of a shore meet. So far there are a lot of people interested.
BTW, are you coming? It's on Sept 16th (Sunday). I haven't decided which one yet because I am still waiting for more people to sign up.