Old 03-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Comptech Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTA Toronto Track day on April 8th

Hey get ready for summer

First track day is coming up soon on April 8th at Shannonville Motorsports park

It's a saturday and it's a full day, full track event

so who's interested? i will be going since it's organized by N1 Auto

so far me and evil john will be going for sure, we hope we can get 10 ppl going as a group

Pure A you can drive up here and support us too, me and evil john already bought some new rubbers...the Yokohama ADVAN A048

and as well as some new rotors from wilwood
Old 03-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where is Shannonville? And how far away is it? Can only PA come?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

It's about 2 hours east of Toronto. Maybe 5 hours from where you are. Maybe we can all have a meet there if people are willing to drive. It would be a nice cruise.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:36 AM
Drifting

I would have to stay somewhere overnight, but sounds good. Sam- what do you mean a track day? Can anyone run their car?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by dragonlord
I would have to stay somewhere overnight, but sounds good. Sam- what do you mean a track day? Can anyone run their car?
I'm guessing it's an High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) track day, meaning anybody with a car and a helmet can run. An instructor is most likely provided, as well, if it's an organized event.

http://www.shannonville.com/

Then click on "track and facility rentals" and go to "track maps." Not sure which layout they will be using, but it looks like a fun course, nonetheless. I wonder how well the surface is prepped.

Five hours is a LONG way to go, though. I'm not sure if I want to drive that far, just to drive more, and it will most likely turn into a 3-day thing since I would prefer to get there the night before, and spend the next night, too. I wouldn't want to drive 5 hours back after a full event day. I've done that before, and it was the most miserable drive ever in my entire life.

If I go, then I will have to figure out this strange vibration issue, check my brakes and get new tires. I'm rolling on Kumho ASX right now. They won't last too long on the track.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Drifting

Holy crikey! That's expensive. Not sure about it now. Can't afford a whole weekend at this time.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Comptech Freak

nono...

my guys at the garage booked teh track and it will be a full track throughout the day

helmet is not required and u r free to drive on the track...it's just a lapping day and u can drive whatever way u want to

the prepaid price is 140 CAD and 160 at the door for teh whole day, that's consider cheap since it's a full track full day event

basically anyone with a car can go and drive for fun, stock or modded they are all welcomed

as far as with the stay, one of us can book a room and we can have soem fun for the weekend
Old 03-15-2006, 02:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
I would definately be interested in coming. I dunno if I would want to drive my car on the track (since apparently I would be allowed based on ^^) because I dont want to wear stuff out on my car. I would be happy watching and hanging out,.........maybe doing a few laps, but take it easy on the corners etc so I dont kill my tires.

In any event,..........a meet is a meet.