View Poll Results: What day or Date would you like to meet?
Any of the 3 Saturdays
42.11%
Any of the 3 Sundays
36.84%
10-09-04 Saturday
0%
10-10-04 Sunday
0%
10-16-04 Saturday
5.26%
10-17-04 Sunday
5.26%
10-23-04 Saturday
15.79%
10-24-04 Sunday
26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

E Ventura County - October Meet Date & Location

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 09:26 AM
What's a TL?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ELA.TL
hey spooky.. your a freakin nut (in a good way). well i dont have a problem meeting somwhere near arcadia, but how about somewhere near the 10 fwy. off rosemead. i think that might be more central to arcadia, montebello and 909... or just name a time and place and ill be there, i could care less......

im right on the corner of montebello blvd and beverly, so you kinda get the idea of where im coming from

Anyone else find it amusing that people are talking about a pre-meet to the pre-meet to the meet itself??? Good times
Old 10-22-2004, 09:49 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

hey spooky.. your a freakin nut (in a good way). well i dont have a problem meeting somwhere near arcadia, but how about somewhere near the 10 fwy. off rosemead. i think that might be more central to arcadia, montebello and 909... or just name a time and place and ill be there, i could care less......

im right on the corner of montebello blvd and beverly, so you kinda get the idea of where im coming from
LOL... you just noticed... most of my post i would let everyone know by putting ~~~> lol...

Originally Posted by Mizouse
hm.... im coming from the 90 erm i mean 951 area then again im kinda doubting i should go being as i have a multivariable calculus midterm on monday
OK... Mizouse if you don't wanna come... its cool... you don't have to come up with any more excusses... but i have the salution to all... ok, here goes... Your low on cash and gas so i'm getting you 20 bucks... you said you got the flue so i got you some dayquil... with me??? so on monday you have a calculus midterm... uuum... uuuh... bring your books and we'll help you study for about an hour or two... lol... i know i know... ELA.TL already told me i'm lol...

Originally Posted by VTEC=happiness
Anyone else find it amusing that people are talking about a pre-meet to the pre-meet to the meet itself??? Good times
lol... i know... this is to cool... there is a pre-meet to the pre-meet for the main meet... so how about we all meet before the first pre-meet so we can go to the pre-meet that is suppose to be for the pre-meet for the main meet???

As of this post... 2 days and 5 hours...
Old 10-22-2004, 10:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
That's the spirit, Spooky! Help a brother out! And maybe he can help you with your spelling homework..

I like that. Have another green square on me!

-XP
Old 10-22-2004, 11:50 AM

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,991 Posts
well depends how long do these meets usually last? if its not TOO long then ill come otherwise i should hit the books
Old 10-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

My Best Guess... ... ...

Anyone up for a study group... sometime between the meet... i'll make sure i bring my deorderant... Well, as far as i know... we are going to meet up at 2:00 p.m. for sure... depending on how many TL's/Acura's show about 10 to 15 minutes looking around and asking questions to each of the drivers that would take about 1hr. 30min. to 2 hours... finishing about or around 5:00 p.m. So around 5:00 p.m. we can just bring our cars to a big circle or something (hippy style lol) and put some blankets or something on the floor and help you study for about an hour or two... making it around 6 to 7 p.m... then around 7 or 8 we can go to eat dinner somewhere... (burger and fries)BRAIN FOOD!!! and we can all keep talking about future mods or some rambling type stuff, the president??? I ...

Of course this is my guess and most of this stuff really/probably won't happen that way... just my imagination running wild... ... My guess is that not everyone will want to go do everything everyone else wants to do and some of us might leave early anyways (not me )... so i'm guessing it would be finished around 9:30 p.m 10:00 p.m. if all goes well... if not... we will meet for 10 to 15 minutes and then just and thats it... again... I really ...
Old 10-22-2004, 02:25 PM
woooo!!

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
well i dont have a problem meeting somwhere near arcadia, but how about somewhere near the 10 fwy. off rosemead. i think that might be more central to arcadia, montebello and 909... or just name a time and place and ill be there, i could care less......

Well the thing is w1n78 and I will be taking the 210->134->5 not 10. I PMed him just now about the pre-meet of pre-meet of the main meet ( ) in case he hasn't read the thread yet so I'll keep you posted yeah?

It's alright if we don't do this but it's always nice to have driving buddies the entire way!

Originally Posted by ward148
Hey subtledreamer, Don't worry anything that happens on Sunday well be for all ages. I was just trying to give Spooky some ideas for Saturday night. (clubs, bars and dinning) As for a little run, we can go though Malibu Canyon and just not go to Dukes for food and drink. (it dosent matter to me)
thx bro i get u... sounds good!
Old 10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
woooo!!

Alright I've just talked to w1n78 and ELA.TL about the pre-meet squared and we've decided to meet at the Westfield Shopping Center in Arcadia.
http://www.westfield.com/santaanita/getthere/map/

For all you 626/909 people that will be using 210 or somewhere nearby, join us!

It's going to be in the far corner of the parking lot outside Macy's (right next to the firestation). There will be a lot of people at the mall on Sunday so I figured it's easier to meet farther from the stores.

I'll bring my magical orange traffic cone so you guys can spot me easily

Please come @ 11:45 - 12:15. No Later!
No later than that cuz we gotta jet before we are late!

Here's a map i draw quickly in case you don't get it:

Anything please PM me or post on thread.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

I just wanted to ask... will this pre-meet of the pre-meet go to the pre-meet of the main meet???

Incase the above is unclear. Will you be going to the meet at 1:00 p.m at the best buy...???
Old 10-22-2004, 03:48 PM
woooo!!

Originally Posted by spooky3ce
I just wanted to ask... will this pre-meet of the pre-meet go to the pre-meet of the main meet???

Incase the above is unclear. Will you be going to the meet at 1:00 p.m at the best buy...???
Yesh, we shall try to make it at 1:00.
basically it's going to be like this:
Arcadia Mall -> Porter Ranch Best Buy -> Conejo Creek Park

btw spooky where is salinas?
Old 10-22-2004, 03:50 PM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol.. well i`m from Van Nuys area, if anyone nearby wants to meet up somewhere around the area (Reseda, Granda Hills, Northridge, Winnetka) before heading to the Best Buy pre-meet then that`d be great =) and yay, seems like it`s not going to rain, car wash before the meet =D
Old 10-22-2004, 04:08 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

A friend just called and told me about this Toyota Driving thing going on at the Rose Bowl this weekend. Since our meet is Sunday, He and I decided to go to the Rosebowl on Saturday.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=990855
Check that thread for more details.

Weekend of Cars for me!!!!

As for the Meets, I'm going to go straight to the park (Not back track to BB) and I will probably be getting there 30 mins early to stake out some parking.

For those who havent read this whole thread, on page 3 or 4 I posted a Satellite Photo of the Park we are meeting at once you get to the Janss Address. Do NOT use the earlier map posted by another member as it leads to the wrong parking lot.

As far as what to bring, I'll prolly bring some cold sodas or something. If it was anything other than a Car meet, I would be inclined to bring alchohol, but in this situation I'm steering clear.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by subtledreamer
Yesh, we shall try to make it at 1:00.
basically it's going to be like this:
Arcadia Mall -> Porter Ranch Best Buy -> Conejo Creek Park

btw spooky where is salinas?
LOL... i have no idea what btw means yet but no... not Salinas... i put that all the time because no one ever notices the larger cities south of Salias... ie: Chualar, Gonzales, and Soledad... I'm in Gonzales... you've been in Salinas???

Originally Posted by Casper42
A friend just called and told me about this Toyota Driving thing going on at the Rose Bowl this weekend. Since our meet is Sunday, He and I decided to go to the Rosebowl on Saturday.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=990855

As for the Meets, I'm going to go straight to the park (Not back track to BB) and I will probably be getting there 30 mins early to stake out some parking.

For those who havent read this whole thread, on page 3 or 4 I posted a Satellite Photo of the Park we are meeting at once you get to the Janss Address. Do NOT use the earlier map posted by another member (edit: ME SPOOKY!!!) as it leads to the wrong parking lot.

As far as what to bring, I'll prolly bring some cold sodas or something. If it was anything other than a Car meet, I would be inclined to bring alchohol, but in this situation I'm steering clear.
no beer... lol...

Ok... i'll meet you guys at the pre-meet at 1:00 P.M. i would love to go with you guys to the Arcadia mall but/now thats a bit toooo far for me... ... especially from the hotel i got... BEST BUY HERE I COME!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 06:14 PM
100k miles club

btw = By The Way

i have relatives in Salinas. well an aunt, since my one cousin moved to san jose and another goes to cal state long beach. i was gonna stop by there to visit her when i did a road trip to san francisco back in august. salinas looks like a west coast version of smallville lol
Old 10-22-2004, 06:45 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
well spooky thanx for caring and sharing lol... but i can't go.... tomorrow i'm taking my tl for window tint for the second time and this time i got teh moleskin.

Anyways spooky i know where gonzales is, our trucks come there all teh time... to salinas, gonazles, and all those towns around salinas..... do u work for any of the produce companies there?
Old 10-22-2004, 06:46 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

btw
Old 10-22-2004, 06:48 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

i'm just now that for teh next meet if i meet salut, he's going to kill me lol...

btw did i tell u that his name reminds me of this smiley
Old 10-22-2004, 08:06 PM
i souport publik edekason

"Best Value Inn" 2850 Camino Dos Rios, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
If any of you want to call me on Saturday (Salut, for a Saturday cruise/run around)... here's my Number... (831) 594-7814...

Ok Spook... you do realize that Thousand Oaks is a good 30 to 45 minutes from where I live... You also realize that Arcadia and 909 is pretty from there too...

The choice is yours but you are most welcome to come and spend Saturday night checking out the pre-event spot (the original pre-meet spot BB). While there in Porter Ranch there are the requisite eateries (TGIF, Soup Plantation, etc...)

Bear in mind you will not be able to do both Arcadia and Best Buy parking lot in the same night...

I'm going to PM you right now to give you my home number... if you want to call me...

Originally Posted by Casper42
A friend just called and told me about this Toyota Driving thing going on at the Rose Bowl this weekend. Since our meet is Sunday, He and I decided to go to the Rosebowl on Saturday. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=990855
Dude me too... What time you going...???

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
i'm just now that for teh next meet if i meet salut, he's going to kill me lol...
btw did i tell u that his name reminds me of this smiley
I might just have to hurt you little man hehe J/K a little...
Salut actually is a French word that is similar to the Hawaiin word Aloha...
It means hello and goodby (very familiar, almost slang)
I knew you were dying to know...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:06 AM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Originally Posted by AcuraTLjatt559
well spooky thanx for caring and sharing lol... but i can't go.... tomorrow i'm taking my tl for window tint for the second time and this time i got teh moleskin.

Anyways spooky i know where gonzales is, our trucks come there all teh time... to salinas, gonazles, and all those towns around salinas..... do u work for any of the produce companies there?
I work for the produce company... Tanimura & Antle... now known as Ready Pack - Salad Time LLC. ... I'm their HR Produce Clerk at the Spreckles Plant... Yes spreckles, where the guy from fear factor lives... hope everything goes well with your tint... damn i need some on my TL...

Sorry to hear you can't go Jatt... i would of like to see Salut's hands ringing your neck... lol... but yeah... maybe some other time

Originally Posted by salut88888
Ok Spook... you do realize that Thousand Oaks is a good 30 to 45 minutes from where I live... You also realize that Arcadia and 909 is pretty from there too...

The choice is yours but you are most welcome to come and spend Saturday night checking out the pre-event spot (the original pre-meet spot BB). While there in Porter Ranch there are the requisite eateries (TGIF, Soup Plantation, etc...)

Bear in mind you will not be able to do both Arcadia and Best Buy parking lot in the same night...

I'm going to PM you right now to give you my home number... if you want to call me...
Printed your info from the PM you sent me (Gracias)... got my maps... got my reservation at the hotel... fixed my gauges (check them out on the 1st Gen side of the forum)... need a hair cut and my car needs some cleaning... i'm ready to go!!!

Ok... i'm going to be about 4 to 6 miles North 101 of the main meet... On Saturday i'm planning to go to the Main Meet spot... check it out... see how it is etc... then i'm going to to best buy pre-meet and check that out on Saturday... Beleive me i'll check out both the main meet and the best buy pre meet Saturday... besides, you said there's a TGIF at the pre-meet spot... How are the cops in that area???

About arcadia... Damn i wish i could meet them over there... would be hell of cool... but i can't... its a bit tooo far for me going all the way down, I beleive is 210 Pasadena... i'll just hit up the Best Buy pre meet and not the Arcadia pre pre meet... lol... beleive me... 45 minute drives are about 20 to 30 min for me And if you are anywhere around the pre-meet area... you'll here my TL coming... if not the bass then you'll hear my exhaust leak that sounds like a tractor...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:34 AM
woooo!!

LOL... i have no idea what btw means yet but no... not Salinas... i put that all the time because no one ever notices the larger cities south of Salias... ie: Chualar, Gonzales, and Soledad... I'm in Gonzales... you've been in Salinas???

Ok... i'm going to be about 4 to 6 miles North 101 of the main meet... On Saturday i'm planning to go to the Main Meet spot... check it out... see how it is etc... then i'm going to to best buy pre-meet and check that out on Saturday... Beleive me i'll check out both the main meet and the best buy pre meet Saturday... besides, you said there's a TGIF at the pre-meet spot... How are the cops in that area???

About arcadia... Damn i wish i could meet them over there... would be hell of cool... but i can't... its a bit tooo far for me going all the way down, I beleive is 210 Pasadena... i'll just hit up the Best Buy pre meet and not the Arcadia pre pre meet... lol... beleive me... 45 minute drives are about 20 to 30 min for me And if you are anywhere around the pre-meet area... you'll here my TL coming... if not the bass then you'll hear my exhaust leak that sounds like a tractor...
Oh mann i just did a search of your city and realized you are allllll the way up there next to monterey
I've probably driven by the city on the way to SF/SJ but didn't stop.

It's cool dude... most likely there will only be 3 of us including me @ the arcadia mini meet (somehow ELA.TL hasn't PMed me back yet but it shows he read it) so you aren't missing out too much!
haha you are so excited its amusing to watch but then i am too

So what happened to all the 626/909 people?! I thought there would be more from our area.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:03 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

I work for the produce company... Tanimura & Antle... now known as Ready Pack - Salad Time LLC. ... I'm their HR Produce Clerk at the Spreckles Plant... Yes spreckles, where the guy from fear factor lives... hope everything goes well with your tint... damn i need some on my TL...

Sorry to hear you can't go Jatt... i would of like to see Salut's hands ringing your neck... lol... but yeah... maybe some other time

dude our trucks come to T & A all the time.... ready pack.... well its good to know that u work there.... when our trucks are held like for 10 hours, i'll give u clall so u can load them ASAP

now its business time with you lol..... maybe u can get me straight business, instead of us going thru brokers...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Im will offer 10% off all products for tomorrows meet !
Old 10-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Well, if your there for the meet... take a look at my car... let see what you can recommend for it...

Jatt, what company do you work for... I'm just asking so if i see your trucks are being held back for about 10 hours i can delay them until the next day... besides... we have a cafe here where the trucks can just lounge and eat/drink (coffee) ... so there's no problem...

LOL... yuup... i'm all the way up by Monterey... lol... the 831 Monterey County... AKA Salad Bowl... ... I still have to get a hair cut and wash my car... i give it its final touch ups when i get over to the meet sounds like i'm going to a car show or something... just want it to look nice for you guys eyes and any ladies strolling the park... shhh don't tell the wife... lol...
Old 10-23-2004, 04:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Course Im there for the meet ! Ever since i detailed my first TL, ive been hooked on'em !Spooky, Ill have everything i carry on the website, and products to sample too ! All liquids products, from all in one waxes, to glazes, carnaubas, and instant detailers. I'll be there early so use some of my Quikshine detailer! I'll have a Microfiber for all !
Old 10-23-2004, 06:20 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Well, if your there for the meet... take a look at my car... let see what you can recommend for it...

Jatt, what company do you work for... I'm just asking so if i see your trucks are being held back for about 10 hours i can delay them until the next day... besides... we have a cafe here where the trucks can just lounge and eat/drink (coffee) ... so there's no problem...

dude no driver likes to wait... thats the problem.... our company is called S.U.S. TRANSPORT (dispatching company) and we run our trucks under S.U.S. TRUCKING

not big company though.... well..... have fun @ the meet my niggaz
Old 10-23-2004, 10:11 PM

sorry.. man i really was hopeing i could make it to this meet, but i realized how screwed i am for these midterms.. (i have one for multivariable calculus on monday and physics on wednesday) its just tooo hard for me to come and get in some good studying anyways ill be there for sure at the next meet
Old 10-24-2004, 04:08 AM

hmm.. cant edit this.. decide to rethink this
Old 10-24-2004, 01:25 PM

i dont know why i cant see the edit button to edit my posts but i have decided to come and am leaveing soon
Old 10-24-2004, 02:06 PM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yay ! leaving in 30 minutes.. see you all there
Old 10-24-2004, 08:27 PM
i souport publik edekason

Just a quick note...

First Casper thanks alot for organizing this meet...

I had alot of fun...

Second it was great meeting all of you fellow TLers...

I hope we can do it all again soon...

Salut
Ciao
Old 10-24-2004, 08:37 PM
woooo!!

Just a quick note...

I had alot of fun...

Salut
Ciao
very nice meet! great turnout as well... about 15-17 cars total

Uploading pictures right now... should I create a thread in ramblings or photo gallery?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just a quick note...

I had alot of fun...

Salut
Ciao
Same goes for me. Also Salute try and get those pics up of the meet and not the one where i made everybody get off the freeway to put gas lol.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:39 PM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by subtledreamer
very nice meet! great turnout as well... about 15-17 cars total

Uploading pictures right now... should I create a thread in ramblings or photo gallery?

Dunno if it would be possible to start the thread in the main forum to get lots of views and help convince people to come to the next meet.

As for my impressions of the meet....I had a lot more fun than I initially expected, and I think we need to do this again VERY soon...hope others will be inspired to join next time considering that everyone enjoyed this meet. To all those that made it, really appreciate seeing your cars and all the good conversation. Everyone was representing, and I can't wait for the pix to show all of our rides in all their glory.

BTW, Salut, please post the gas stations pics....Its only fair.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:46 PM

yea it was a cool meet.. anyways my original plan on taking 101 to 405 then 10 then 60 worked out better, right at the junction for the 405 the traffic pretty much became a parking lot on the 101.. anyways im DLing my pictures from my cam where should i post them? here or a new thread?
Old 10-24-2004, 10:09 PM
100k miles club

Dang Mizouse, you beat me home! (oh I was kidding about screwing your mid-term school is very important Good luck on your test.)

It was nice to match a face to each user, I had a great time hanging out. I'll try to get the pics up tomorrow. If anyone is interested in the pics I can zipped them up and send a link for download, just let me know.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:10 PM
woooo!!

Hey guys I made another thread in Meet & Greet for pics and I'll also link the thread from 3rd/2nd/1st gen subforums as well.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=993084
Enjoy!
Old 10-24-2004, 10:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Meet photos

If you have a bunch of pictures, post them in the Photo Gallery. You can then put a link to that in a posting in the Ramblings of each applicable section and also the Meet and Greet.

MIZOUSE: You only have about 15 minutes to edit/delete your post. After that, you have to ask a moderator to do it for you.

-XP
Old 10-24-2004, 10:21 PM
darkside of the abyss

Guys I had a blast. I agree with Vtec=happiness, lets do it again soon. Also a little off topic, Salut, Leo, Casper42, Vtec-happiness, you are so lucky I was in the rear watching your six. The CHP on the 23 fwy made a u-turn with his lights flashing and tried catch us but I block him off by going slow with traffic while you guys got clean away. I got a nice glare from him. Keep watching your rear and again it was a pleasure.

1blkowl
Old 10-24-2004, 10:37 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry guys I couldn't make it. Nice pics. Hopefully next time I can make it.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Advanced

1blkowl --thanks for looking out for us..I didn't realize what you were doing at first , so i got over thinking that maybe we needed to merge onto the freeway or something , i slowed down for a min , then i thought maybe you were just trying to say bye because you lived in that area..Either way , thanks for looking out..Yes it was a great meeting and a great group of guys , we both had a good time..As far as the next one, im down..Just let me know in advanced..I'll be getting my pics up tomorrow , i had some problems with one of my pages , but i'll get it worked out tomorrow..

leeo
Old 10-24-2004, 11:26 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Quick Reply: E Ventura County - October Meet Date & Location