CT Meet / Show May 26th 5-9 pm

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Nitrous TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CT Meet / Show May 26th 5-9 pm

Oliver Wolcott Regional Vocational School in Torrington CT. Here's a Mapquest map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...%20Institute s Torrington is north of Waterbury off Rt. 8 The address is 75 Oliver Street, Torrington, CT 06790 The show is May 26th 5-9 pm $5.00 per car, free to spectate. A row of TLs would be nice.

Going so far...
1) DAVERUBINO
2) Malingator
3)Photopro30
Old 05-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Nitrous TL

Link fixed....

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...l%20Institutes
Old 05-11-2006, 07:30 PM
S2000: S stands for Sheep

I'll consider contributing to the TL contingent... dunno what's going on yet tho!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Nitrous TL

Updated list...come on need more than 4 cars people...
1) DAVERUBINO
2) Malingator
3) S1CK Type S
4) Photopro30
Old 05-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
dont have a TL anymore but i may come and rep with AZ, the only thing is i might be in florida so im not too too sure yet
Old 05-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Nitrous TL

As the date will be this coming Friday just wanted to bring the thread back to life...so fare we have at least 4 cars..looking for MORE...
Old 05-21-2006, 12:06 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would come but it's the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend. I am heading down to Wildwood!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Racer

OK everyone, it's getting close. Do we want to meet up and arrive in force so we can park together or what. I'm probably the closest to the show, so if everyone tells me where they're coming from, I'll set up a good central place to meet. Come on, let's show some interest. I've been trying to recruit every nice Acura I come across.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:17 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by DAVERUBINO
OK everyone, it's getting close. Do we want to meet up and arrive in force so we can park together or what. I'm probably the closest to the show, so if everyone tells me where they're coming from, I'll set up a good central place to meet. Come on, let's show some interest. I've been trying to recruit every nice Acura I come across.

ill roll with u and ill try to get the aspec to come too
Old 05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Nitrous TL

Myself and Photpro30 will meet up w/ you guys. We're coming from Manchester area so anywhere off 84 on the way there works for us.....drop me a PM or email.

Dave, any idea how many cars normally come to this show?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:19 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by malingator
Myself and Photpro30 will meet up w/ you guys. We're coming from Manchester area so anywhere off 84 on the way there works for us.....drop me a PM or email.

Dave, any idea how many cars normally come to this show?

dave we should meet up at ccsu since its close to 84 or even the west farms mall
Old 05-23-2006, 11:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
dave we should meet up at ccsu since its close to 84 or even the west farms mall
I'm not sure how many cars go because I've never been there before. As far as meeting up at CCSU or Westfarms, I think it would be a bad idea because of Friday rush hour. It will be a pain to keep a bunch of cars together through those idiots. I think we should meet up in Bristol then we'll have clear sailing after that. Here's where I think we should meet:

Take 84 or 9 west to 72 west. When the highway part of 72 ends at a light, go right (still 72). Follow that for about 2 miles to another light at West St. (229). Take a left under the railroad underpass then a quick right. Get into the left lane and go straight onto Memorial Blvd. At the middle of the Blvd, there's a little circle at a stop sign. Stay straight around the circle and there's a Napa on the right. We'll meet in the Napa parking lot. If anyone has Nav, the address is 65 Memorial Blvd. Bristol, CT. It's really pretty easy and it'll get you past rush hour. This route will be a little busy after 4pm so plan accordingly. The earlier the better. If everyone posts their arrival time, I'll be there early to meet you all, then from there we can take a nice scenic drive up to the show. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-23-2006, 02:36 PM
B A N N E D

ok sounds good
Old 05-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Nitrous TL

OK..sounds good to me. What time do you want to meet?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Racer

i am going to try and go, i will be coming from thompson, ct and can't leave until 3:45 so it is going to be a little tough if i did it. maybe i can make a later appearence? do i have to be there for 5 oclock on the dot?
Old 05-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by soccerbenk
i am going to try and go, i will be coming from thompson, ct and can't leave until 3:45 so it is going to be a little tough if i did it. maybe i can make a later appearence? do i have to be there for 5 oclock on the dot?
No, I'm sure you can show up when you want to. As far as a time to meet, it starts at 5 and takes a good 1/2 hour from our meeting spot. I can be there as early as 4 so it's up to you guys when you think you can make it. The weather is iffy for Friday. What do you want to do about that? We could still go to the show, forget it all together or meet anyway and I could find us a dry place to park so we could talk about the club or even drive to my house to talk which is 2 miles away.
Let me know your thoughts all. I'm up for anything. I'll have my car all spruced up Thursday night regardless.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Nitrous TL

Unless it's actually raining we're going. The weather channel says only a 25% chance of scattered showers. The day I trust a weatherman in CT is the day hell freezes over and pigs grow wings and fly!

Yea we can be there at the meeting spot at about 4 - 4 30 depending on traffic.

Hey soccerbenk... and anyone else who wants to show but can't meet up before, just let one of us know and we'll work on saving you a spot...I don't think it's going to be so packed that we can't make it work.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
B A N N E D

ill try to make it there by 4:30 i gotta get my car washed after i get out of work
Old 05-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Racer

OK guys, sounds good to me. I'll be in the NAPA parking lot at 4pm. If anyone would feel better to have my cell phone # or just want it, pm me and I'll send it right out to you. This is gonna be fun!!! Looking forward to meeting you all except S1CK TypeS. Unfortunately, I already met him. Just kidding my man!!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:15 PM
S2000: S stands for Sheep

I might be willing to make the drive down and see all u guys again
Old 05-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Nitrous TL

Well I'm there...my friend just dropped his 06 6mt yesterday and is all fired up to show it off a little...too bad his wheels are a week away in shipping

Anyhow..we'll both be there...stop sittin on the fence Autogirl...it's not that long a ride down from MA...
Old 05-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Racer

haha yeah auogirl I live in sturbridge were only a short mass pike exit away
Old 05-25-2006, 12:27 PM
'02 TL-S w/Navi

I won't be able to go early, but would like to attend. I have to go to the young one's Tee Ball game first. I would figure on 7-730. I am only a couple towns over and now the back way.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:47 AM
Nitrous TL

Exclamation F$%#% the weatherman

yes we're all still going...unless it's raining at 4 PM see you all there....
Old 05-26-2006, 01:36 PM
B A N N E D

yes we're all still going...unless it's raining at 4 PM see you all there....

ill be there regardless along with an evo u guys better not back out lol
Old 05-26-2006, 01:47 PM
'02 TL-S w/Navi

I suspect Tee Ball will be canceled...
Old 05-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Nitrous TL

Well being that rt 84 west is closed and it's a wall of water here...we're a no go...SORRY!!!!

Will try to see what is coming up next. I'm sure there will be something.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Racer

The sun's out and the roads are dry. I'm heading to Torrington. Call me. There's still plenty of time.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Racer

Bad move going to Torrington. There was nobody there. On the way home I stopped at Autozone where I saw the flyer to check for a rain date. Good news is, yes, it's tomorrow the 27th. Bad news is I trashed my front spoiler on the parking curb. Now I have something to do tomorrow to try to make the best of it. I will be going tomorrow, so anyone interested, let me know and we'll try the same meeting place and time.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:35 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by DAVERUBINO
Bad move going to Torrington. There was nobody there. On the way home I stopped at Autozone where I saw the flyer to check for a rain date. Good news is, yes, it's tomorrow the 27th. Bad news is I trashed my front spoiler on the parking curb. Now I have something to do tomorrow to try to make the best of it. I will be going tomorrow, so anyone interested, let me know and we'll try the same meeting place and time.

yea i went to napa and no one was there so i went to torrington and no one was there. my gps didnt even have the street it was on so i had to ask directions. idk about makin it tomm, i have a friends dance recital to go to. it did dry up tho so i spent the night racing on the pike. on a better note i beat a new SI
Old 05-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Nitrous TL

Can't make it today. Have stuff planned and then have to go to work.

There is a show at NAPA Auto in Middletown on June 10th from 10 - 5. I just emailed the guy for some info and reg cost etc. Will keep you all posted.

S1CK TypeS...glad you had fun but it's the very reason I don't go to the Pike.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:43 AM
B A N N E D

Can't make it today. Have stuff planned and then have to go to work.

There is a show at NAPA Auto in Middletown on June 10th from 10 - 5. I just emailed the guy for some info and reg cost etc. Will keep you all posted.

S1CK TypeS...glad you had fun but it's the very reason I don't go to the Pike.
just cause u go to the doesnt mean u have to race. we hung out at wendys for a good 2hrs. it was kinda interestin cause they started playin music and people were acutually dancing in the parkin lot, i was something new. sure there are morons in rice boxes that ruin it for everyone but as long as u dont do anything stupid and get caught its not as bad as people make it out to be. id go to the pike any day over going to race in hartford, thats just askin for trouble
Old 05-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Racer

how do u guys find out about all these car shows?? and what is the pike u are talking about? I can never find places to race
Old 05-27-2006, 03:29 PM
Nitrous TL

Here's a few links....

The Pike..Berlin Turnpike... Some parts where the old timers / Classic cars and Mustangs hang are OK. Most is 19 yr olds in civics doing burn outs, throwing things at cars and acting like idiots...
http://www.thepike.net

For shows...
http://www.ctccc.cctol.com/index.html

This has a nice set of links and postings for all the area (CT) shows and cruise nights.

Oh yea..and there is always illegal street racing in Hartford. Tons of cars, guns, thugs and people crashing into your car. That and having to deal with it EVERY weekend...yes, I'm 5.0...HPD...the CHEAPEST ticket I tend to write for most "street racers" is only $525 - $650....and we tow your car...oh yea..and you can always piss off one of the Hartford locals who will beat or shoot you and just take your car.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Racer

Finally the Torrington Show

Yeah, I'm with you on the idiots Malingator. I'm an EMT and I wouldn't want to put on a bulletproof vest and work in Hartford. I'll stick to saving lives in the small towns! Anyhoo, the show finally happened Saturday night. There were some nice cars there, but definately needed more Acuras besides me. Met some new friends, saw some nice cars and watched some wicked burnouts when people were leaving until the Torrington P.D. caught on. Surprised it took them so long. There's a LOT of black marks on Oliver St. now. Here's a few shots from the show.
All the girls loved the third one down.......

The Bimmer crowd....remember the yellow one from CCSU?

This was mint and had a racing engine in it. Owner said way too much for the car.

The high and mighty.

Super clean many show winning Super Beetle.

Totally insane car.

A close up of my TL motor......
Old 05-28-2006, 01:33 PM
B A N N E D

Oh yea..and there is always illegal street racing in Hartford. Tons of cars, guns, thugs and people crashing into your car. That and having to deal with it EVERY weekend...yes, I'm 5.0...HPD...the CHEAPEST ticket I tend to write for most "street racers" is only $525 - $650....and we tow your car...oh yea..and you can always piss off one of the Hartford locals who will beat or shoot you and just take your car.

wait ur HPD? and u give tickets to kids racing? in your 75hp mod thread u created u stated "my friend w/ the 06 6mt kept getting me by 1/2 a car length on the way home." so clearly u werent doing ur street racing on a track were u? im not tryin to start shit with u but please dont be a hipocrite. ive been goin to the pike to hang out since i was a sophomore in hs and never once have i seen any one throw something at a car. u are correct about the burnouts idiot ricers do burnouts, so what who cares the cops will get them not u. honnestly the cops dont even do anything anymore they just kick u out, then they go somewhere else and at 12 am they all go to hartford. thats when the real cars start racing on the pike. no cars on the pike no ricers and no cops. if you dont want to come to the pike thats ur own business but please dont put down everyone else who goes there to have a good time cause not all of us are interested in wasting our tires doing smoke shows.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Nitrous TL

wait ur HPD? and u give tickets to kids racing? in your 75hp mod thread u created u stated "my friend w/ the 06 6mt kept getting me by 1/2 a car length on the way home." so clearly u werent doing ur street racing on a track were u?.
Actually we were on a private road, privately owned so no we were NOT racing on the street. My friend owns it, it's just over 2 miles long and is basically a driveway..long yes, but it's not a street with traffic, people, and if you wanted to do burnouts all day long, it's his property. He owns a custom helicopter company and has to be a certain distance back from the road so there are no problems with noise when he's testing things. Just so you don't have to wonder why he has such a long "driveway."

m not tryin to start shit with u but please dont be a hipocrite. ive been goin to the pike to hang out since i was a sophomore in hs and never once have i seen any one throw something at a car. u are correct about the burnouts idiot ricers do burnouts, so what who cares the cops will get them not u. honnestly the cops dont even do anything anymore they just kick u out, then they go somewhere else and at 12 am they all go to hartford. thats when the real cars start racing on the pike. no cars on the pike no ricers and no cops. if you dont want to come to the pike thats ur own business but please dont put down everyone else who goes there to have a good time cause not all of us are interested in wasting our tires doing smoke shows.
I wasn't putting doiwn everyone who goes to the Pike. I just think there is too much crap from too many people for it to be an enjoyable place to hang out. Just two maybe three weeks ago a friends car got hit by some people who were shopping cart surfing at one of the lots. He only owns a VERY clsssic Cuda that the paint cost more than our cars do. They just smashed into his car and ran away laughing...sounds like a great place to hang out.

If you like going to the Pike, great, go, have fun, no one said you shouldn't, can't or don't have a right to do so. I'm glad you never had a problem. I'm glad you have fun. I just personally know too many people who have had a bad experience there. I wasn't attacking you for going, have fun, race all night for all I care. I was only stating my opinion about what goes on at the Pike from people I know and who used to, or may still from time to time go there.

Actually if all the idiots did was show up, hang out, park and walk around looking at cars in Hrtfrd, we would leave them alone. They race, crash, fight, pull guns, block business, block the driveway and road for Aetna ambulance....hope you don't need a ambulance when they are racing on Murphy road because they don't let the amblances out to go to calls...break windows, cause property damage, tresspass..lets see..and that's just a start. No it's not the Pike, but they all are coming from the Pike, and all tell us they are going right back to the Pike...if they are acting like this in Hrtfd, why should I believe they act another way on the Pike?
Old 05-28-2006, 09:26 PM
'02 TL-S w/Navi

Actually if all the idiots did was show up, hang out, park and walk around looking at cars in Hrtfrd, we would leave them alone. They race, crash, fight, pull guns, block business, block the driveway and road for Aetna ambulance....hope you don't need a ambulance when they are racing on Murphy road because they don't let the amblances out to go to calls...break windows, cause property damage, tresspass..lets see..and that's just a start. No it's not the Pike, but they all are coming from the Pike, and all tell us they are going right back to the Pike...if they are acting like this in Hrtfd, why should I believe they act another way on the Pike?

Old 05-28-2006, 11:35 PM
B A N N E D

No it's not the Pike, but they all are coming from the Pike, and all tell us they are going right back to the Pike...if they are acting like this in Hrtfd, why should I believe they act another way on the Pike?

if they acted like this i wouldnt be goin to the pike. i have never seen a fight or a gun being pulled. thats why i dont go to hartford. i have been there twice in my bimmer and both times the other person i went with got pulled over for no front plates so i try to stay clear. i have heard worse stories about hartford such as people gettin car jacked at gun point. we used to go to starbucks in milford every wednesday during the summer time there used to be a good turn out no cops no real racing. until the end of the summer when a fight broke out between 2 girls and its never been the same since. so it jus goes to show that it doesnt matter if its the pike or anywhere else idiots still ruin it for others. the only reason i go to the pike is thats the only car related thing that happens every weekend and i love my car and i love cars in general