757 HAMPTON ROADS MINI MEET AUGUST 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So far is it Madtraction, Forevafire, and Romeo8Juliet coming from Manassas?
Old 08-19-2008, 05:15 AM
08 MDX and 2010 BMW 750Li

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerman826
so what you are saying is that you will be waiting on the side of the road for us to drive by and then join in. Sounds cool.
Yep...thats the plan!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:25 AM

Hey someone that is Going to be with the Indian River crew PM me so you can call me when you guys are leaving the Exxon, and when you guys are close to the Naval base near the Little Creek exit!
Old 08-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
I thought we were going in the 664 direction. I guess it doesn't matter; it will be the same distance. Lee, i got your number. I will call you.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
So i get my rims in yesterday and when i get home i look at them and i am happy. But then i notice that the lug nuts that i also ordered are not there. Needless to say i am very pissed. So now i guess i have to spend more money buying some lugs so that i can be ready for Saturdays meet. And of course i cant get a refund so i told them to just go ahead and send them....................Rants over, stepping off my soap box.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Jokerman

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
i rather not go through two tunnels. we all know people cannot drive in those things around here.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Navy TL
So i get my rims in yesterday and when i get home i look at them and i am happy. But then i notice that the lug nuts that i also ordered are not there. Needless to say i am very pissed. So now i guess i have to spend more money buying some lugs so that i can be ready for Saturdays meet. And of course i cant get a refund so i told them to just go ahead and send them....................Rants over, stepping off my soap box.
I know how you feel man. I went to my exhaust guy Sunday to order some Magnaflow mufflers and get them installed before the meet. He calls me today and said they only have one of them in stock and are going to special order the 2nd one. So I had to pick a different muffler and order them today. He said they should be in tomorrow or Friday
Hope I can get them installed before then!

P.S He wanted to charge me 150 for installation, is that to much? I figured it was too expensive for just welding on two mufflers so I talked him down to 100 and a 6 pack. Sound better?

Also, he charged me 100 before to install a full cat-back system on my truck. It was a bolt on exhaust but did not "bolt on" so he had to make a couple cuts and bends.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Jokerman

damn derrick that sucks. you dont have stock lugs that look good. i know when i got my car it had chrome lugs and a locking lug. What sucks right now because i have not done anything about it yet is that our lug wrench in our trunks will not fit my new wheels. i think tomorrow i will have it ground down to fit.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:44 PM

Ok, are we going to hampton tunnel or 664
Old 08-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Green Machine

I say lets take the hampton roads bridge tunnel (64). Either way we will have to go through some sort of tunnel.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Forevafire
I know how you feel man. I went to my exhaust guy Sunday to order some Magnaflow mufflers and get them installed before the meet. He calls me today and said they only have one of them in stock and are going to special order the 2nd one. So I had to pick a different muffler and order them today. He said they should be in tomorrow or Friday
Hope I can get them installed before then!

P.S He wanted to charge me 150 for installation, is that to much? I figured it was too expensive for just welding on two mufflers so I talked him down to 100 and a 6 pack. Sound better?

Also, he charged me 100 before to install a full cat-back system on my truck. It was a bolt on exhaust but did not "bolt on" so he had to make a couple cuts and bends.
150 doesnt sound like too much to do the install, if he was doing a whole custom piping all the way to the headers. If all your doing is having these welded on to the stock catback then it should be cheap. You should check out Whitey's exhaust shop in centreville or HiFlow Custom Exhaust in Manassas...he charged me 80 to cut my catback and install it when i got the apexi ws2.

hope that helps...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm gonna have to figure out where exactly we are meeting off Indian River. Is it a Sunoco Station right before the on ramp for 64? Maybe I'll give Mike a call and see where it's at.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Jokerman

i just map quested it and they tell me to go the 664 way but i dont know that way. Also if we went the 64 way past 564 it would help out Lee.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerman826
damn derrick that sucks. you dont have stock lugs that look good. i know when i got my car it had chrome lugs and a locking lug. What sucks right now because i have not done anything about it yet is that our lug wrench in our trunks will not fit my new wheels. i think tomorrow i will have it ground down to fit.
Yeah Robert, the stock lugs work. Just gonna wait til i get the locking nuts and then replace them. The wheels look pretty good, def can tell the difference from going from 17's to 19's though. Can't wait for the meet to look at the cars that are dropped so i can see what is best for what i want.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by snowman81
I'm gonna have to figure out where exactly we are meeting off Indian River. Is it a Sunoco Station right before the on ramp for 64? Maybe I'll give Mike a call and see where it's at.
I would recommend that you all meet up in the Shoney's/7-Eleven parking lot across from Regent University.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Jokerman

where ever the other TL's are at, thats where i will go. as long as it is in the same general area.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 PM

Ok, You guys are leaving Exxon at 1130, I will be on 64 on the side of the road right near the Little Creek exit rt before the 556 split @ 1135
Old 08-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by Pearl TL-S
I would recommend that you all meet up in the Shoney's/7-Eleven parking lot across from Regent University.
Yeah; that is right before I64 access. That would be easier.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 AM
lilvinnyb

Think im in for this one. Should be at the lot around 7:00. If not, roll without me.

I made this drive last weekend leaving around 7:00 and traffic was pretty congested, but moving. 64 east was ok.

Lots of troopers out on the weekends so drive carefully. They like to hang in between the trees on 95 south. Be sure to not speed at all on the 95/64 bypass. They have henrico county sheriffs AND state troopers on that road.

Madtraction, PM me your cell number. I meant to get it at the gas station.

Originally Posted by madtraction39
BTW if some of you decide to bypass Manassas. The commuter lot is right off I-95 and Prince William co. pkwy. Hope to see a lot of you there!!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Sippy Cup (x2)

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Shoney's works for me, I know where that is. Either way, we should meet somewhere that people driving by on Indian River can see us. This way if people meeting up with us aren't sure where we're at they should be able to see us.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by AcUrAge703
150 doesnt sound like too much to do the install, if he was doing a whole custom piping all the way to the headers. If all your doing is having these welded on to the stock catback then it should be cheap. You should check out Whitey's exhaust shop in centreville or HiFlow Custom Exhaust in Manassas...he charged me 80 to cut my catback and install it when i got the apexi ws2.

hope that helps...

Sorry I wasn't more specific all he was doing was welding the mufflers on to the stock piping. Got it done last night at like 10 haha. He did if for 100 mufflers were 120 so it all worked out. He said he could do a full cat-back for 250. 2.25 piping and 2 resonators. But, it sounds awesome now so the cat-back will have to wait.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by snowman81
Shoney's works for me, I know where that is. Either way, we should meet somewhere that people driving by on Indian River can see us. This way if people meeting up with us aren't sure where we're at they should be able to see us.
Depending on the number of cars that show, yall can line up on the curb right in front of 7-Eleven and Shoney's. That curb is parallel to Indian River Road and is a very visible staging area.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 AM

What time you are you guys going to roll out? I am thinking If you guys are not going to be punctual I might drive down there, but it doesnt matter to me. Make sure we all roll with our headlights on so we can be seen!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:11 AM
SSMDTL

Count Me In (First Meet For Me)

I'll be there SSMDTL. First meet for me. Looking forward to it. Coming from Silver Spring, MD.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:16 PM
SFC, US ARMY AVIATION

Been a while since I've been in here. If I hadn't seen Doc's TL in the Ft. Eustis Commissary parking lot I wouldn't have even logged on. Glad i did. Anyway is it to late to sign up? If not, I'm down.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Intermediate

Are we meeting up around 10:30...11ish by Shoney's?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:09 PM
BLUE SMOKE

Originally Posted by chrissix
Been a while since I've been in here. If I hadn't seen Doc's TL in the Ft. Eustis Commissary parking lot I wouldn't have even logged on. Glad i did. Anyway is it to late to sign up? If not, I'm down.
Did you see it today? It wasn't even me there, it was my daughter (I know, I know, did I actually let her borrow it). I was at work but at least you logged on. Unfortunately, I won't even be able to make the meet that I set up. I have to go out of town tomorrow. Y'all have fun anyway and take pics!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:59 PM
SFC, US ARMY AVIATION

Originally Posted by Doc's TL-S
Did you see it today? It wasn't even me there, it was my daughter (I know, I know, did I actually let her borrow it). I was at work but at least you logged on. Unfortunately, I won't even be able to make the meet that I set up. I have to go out of town tomorrow. Y'all have fun anyway and take pics!
Yeah, it was today. It sux you you can't make it. I'll be seeing you around though.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:10 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

what time are the manassas cars think they will be rolling thru richmond?
Old 08-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Instructor

Hi Everyone...

Ugh, I hate to say this.. because I was all excited until about 4:30 pm today when I got a call.. but, i won't be able to make it to the meet.

I get a call from my dealer that I got the TL from.. and I have to go in tomorrow to re-sign the paperwork for the third time due to the screwups and bank rejections due to their mistakes on the paperwork.. Ugh.. I'm notttttt happy.. I had it out w/ the guy on the phone.. but whatever, I have no choice but to go... if I wish to keep the car... which I do because I love it.

Anywho, Sorry guys... *crosses fingers for Skyline*

Have fun while I'll be stuck bitching out Finance and Sales managers because I refuse to go back a fourth time.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by MaliciousRC
What time you are you guys going to roll out? I am thinking If you guys are not going to be punctual I might drive down there, but it doesnt matter to me. Make sure we all roll with our headlights on so we can be seen!!!!
We're leaving at 1130 am. It should take us 15 mins to get to your location.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by Romeo8Juliet
Hi Everyone...

Ugh, I hate to say this.. because I was all excited until about 4:30 pm today when I got a call.. but, i won't be able to make it to the meet.

I get a call from my dealer that I got the TL from.. and I have to go in tomorrow to re-sign the paperwork for the third time due to the screwups and bank rejections due to their mistakes on the paperwork.. Ugh.. I'm notttttt happy.. I had it out w/ the guy on the phone.. but whatever, I have no choice but to go... if I wish to keep the car... which I do because I love it.

Have fun while I'll be stuck bitching out Finance and Sales managers because I refuse to go back a fourth time.
Sorry to hear that man! Maybe you should roll there early in the morning to do the paperwork, then roll straight here.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Green Machine

Originally Posted by chrissix
You right! I haven't hear from you in a min! You are just in time. Here is the spot:

WHERE: McFadden's, right next to the Bass Pro Shop, Saddle Ridge, and Joe's Crab Shack

ADDRESS: 1990 Power Plant Parkway, Hampton, VA 23666

TIME: 12 NOON 23 Aug 08.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:22 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

SORRY U WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE IT, LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER KBP

Hi Everyone...

Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Pro

Hi Everyone...

Damn that sucks!! You'll be there in spirit. We'll keep our fingers crossed for skyline. Take it easy!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Pro

For all you Richmond guys.... The northern virginia leg should get to you between 9-9:30am. OnewickedTypeS says there's a rest stop off I-64. We'll swing in, scoop y'all up and roll out!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Damn why yall coming thru so early?
Old 08-22-2008, 10:21 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Keep me updated with the richmond pickup
Old 08-22-2008, 10:32 PM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Faiz get on aim and ill fill u in
Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by OneWickedTypeS
Damn why yall coming thru so early?
Well, it might not be that early, I don't know how far down I-64 the rest stop is. The problem is if we don't leave our area by a certain time we'll be sitting in traffic.

Quick Reply: 757 HAMPTON ROADS MINI MEET AUGUST 23rd