ZDX 2010-13 High Oil Consumption - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

ZDX 2010-13 High Oil Consumption

Old 02-25-2019, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

I received that letter last week. My 2010 only has 21,000 miles on it.....I've never even thought of checking the oil as I rarely drive it. I've had several oil changes even when the car wasn't due for it any they never said anything about it being low.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=ZDXROCKSTAR...I've never even thought of checking the oil as I rarely drive it. I've had several oil changes even when the car wasn't due for it any they never said anything about it being low.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly rocket science to pull the dipstick and glance at it. Though I empathize, as longtime Honda owners DO get out of the habit. Likely nothing to worry about if you are still changing oil on a time-only schedule, but since running the motor with a low crankcase level could wear it out faster, I wouldn’t just trust someone else to warn me, especially now that the service issue with this engine has come to light.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by LC-TL2002 View Post

Came in the mail yesterday...Due to oil consumption Acura extended the power train warranty for 8yrs or 125,000 miles!
I did not get this letter, however, my vehicle burns crazy amounts of oil. How do I get my dealership to honor this?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Graphite Ghost

Originally Posted by con5tant View Post
I did not get this letter, however, my vehicle burns crazy amounts of oil. How do I get my dealership to honor this?
It should be based on VIN.
Call the local dealer
Or call Acura Customer relations

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.