Wanna Bee

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 06:01 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wanna Bee

Hello All.

Just got rid of my 01 Firefox Red Isuzu Vehicross VX (2 over 10 yrs). Looking at these ZDX's.

The thing is I really like vehicles which are unique. While not as rare as either of my VX's. The ZDX seems close, I have not seen one ZDX on the road since my search began (that's a good thing). Being a sports car guy at heart. It has always been difficult reconciling that desire with Iowa winters, and my job an over the road Railroad Conductor which often places me on unplowed roads in the middle of the night or super early mornings. The idea of a little more luxury also appeals to my ageing self.

The ZDX reviews appear to be much like the VX. I'm good with that. Buying for myself, not anyone else. I have no doubt if I am able to purchase a ZDX. I will become an enthusiast, not just a driver.

Any advice or stories you care to share before I dive into the rabbit hole head first?

In addition to being my daily driver. I have a 16-year-old daughter who is significantly Autistic. On non-school days, rides,,, are what we do. Every morning close to 45 minutes a day. shorter rides in the evenings. Rocking out to music, seat dancing, high fives, is how we roll. Love it, makes life worth living.

Thanks in advance
Chloe's daddy
Bryan
Old 10-24-2018, 12:00 AM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hello Bryan,

Welcome to the community!

Originally Posted by Bryan Sage
In addition to being my daily driver. I have a 16-year-old daughter who is significantly Autistic. On non-school days, rides,,, are what we do. Every morning close to 45 minutes a day. shorter rides in the evenings. Rocking out to music, seat dancing, high fives, is how we roll. Love it, makes life worth living...
Firstly, that is Awesome!!! The ZDX has a pretty amazing audio system so I'm sure you guys will be rocking on during your drives!

I don't have any stories or advice to give, but I will mention that getting in and out of the vehicle can take a little getting used to. I frequently drive my elderly parents and relatives in the car and they regularly end up banging their heads trying to get in. I'm not sure if it's the height of the car or the sloped roof, but once inside there's plenty of headroom (we're not very tall) and ample room to seat dance. I do not know how your daughter might react if she accidently hit her head entering the car. If she's someone who gets easily put-off by something like getting hit accidentally, I wouldn't want that to be her lasting memory of the car. If it's something you're aware of, hopefully it's something she can avoid. I do try to remind my parents/relatives to watch their heads when they get in the car. Sometimes I forget...

All the best!

Cheers
Old 10-24-2018, 07:48 AM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks.

I expect it to be the same or similar to getting in and out of the VX. most likely easier. The VX had lower seat bolsters so your a$$ would have to clear them in order for your head to clear the door seal. Next to impossible to get into the rear (plenty of room in the seat) getting in was absurd. One of the things I don't like and really my fault for being attracted to unique vehicles. Is that I may not have an opportunity to drive one before I buy. The closest one on a lot is 5hrs away right now. If anyone knows someone with a ZDX close to Keokuk Iowa who would let me sit in it for a minute or two? That would be spectacular.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The sound system is Amazing when using blu tooth off my phone. Look at the Acura test site in the coldest part of the US , I was really amazed at the 30% grade on ice & the ZDX went up it like a Tractor. You sound like an Awesome Dad.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:23 AM
ZDX LOVER

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Before you buy decide if you want Tech or Advance model
I think Advance model Stereo has more wattage but both models sound really good !! Just don’t do what I did. I was just happy to get one period so got the Tech then later like months later I wish I had running boards cause they make car looks awesome and light up then I realized blind spot warning would be great and auto rear hatch so I bought a advanced and sold my tech but I wasted money by paying sales tax twice but I don’t regret
Just know the options and what you can or can’t live without
I thought I would buy the running boards but they were no where to be found on the internet. Overall the rareness and design and beautiful interior and great stereo and cool seats makes me forget all about my 2004 Acura TL which I had right before the ZDX Tech and I loved my TL but this ZDX is simply a hidden jewel and will Stand the test of time and not look outdated for awhile due to the unique design.

Last edited by kevin barbee; 11-15-2018 at 06:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bryan Sage (11-15-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Personally, I don’t care for the look of the optional running boards. I think they interrupt the incredibly ‘clean-line’ design of the ZDX. Reminds me of the 50s era customs with dummy spotlights & nonfunctional lakes pipes that were once so much in fashion.
Old 11-15-2018, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

Kevin, I love my 2010 Z Advanced , you are so right the sound system is out of this world, So clear even when it's on 11 ,>) I think you have followed what I have been doing with the Wheels,Tail lights & I just got the exhaust enhanced not replaced. So there are 5 resonators on the Z 2 front ,1 mid & 2 back. I had the 2 front removed & it gave it a really nice Growl with out being obnoxious.. It is a little more noise in the cabin but on when you step on it & IT WAS $183 & 2 HRS.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:14 AM
ZDX LOVER

Really !! Well if you ever you tube that growl let me know.
I did new racing pedals and wood shift knob and acura welcome light , even a blue Acura oil cap for the mechanics to enjoy ! Blue calipers and new headlights and fog light bulbs so was thinking of giving it that Brabus AMG X6M type sound then now I’m a kid in a candy store 😍
oh later drilled rotors.

Yes that stereo is something !
Old 11-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Intermediate

OK I will have my Son do a recording of the Z taking off outside & then inside. The Lights are from a company here in Bellingham Washington vleds.com
Old 11-17-2018, 01:25 AM
ZDX LOVER

Cool thank you!
Old 12-18-2018, 05:45 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Wislandman
OK I will have my Son do a recording of the Z taking off outside & then inside.
Any update on the sound/video recording?

Old 12-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Intermediate

I get together with my son this weekend so I will ask him
Old 12-19-2018, 02:04 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too am interested. I was just looking at any possible upgrades for mine. The sound is one of the few shortcomings for the Z in my opinion. My MDX had a better sound. On a unrelated note, I was stationed out your way, back in the day, some beautiful country out there.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:18 AM
Intermediate

So you were probably in Oak Harbor Navel/Air station? Ya Puget Sound is in my opinion the most gorgeous place in the US. I'll get the exhaust sound up on You Tube asap.