Simple mods and light questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 09:06 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Simple mods and light questions?

Picked up my 2010 dark cherry a couple of weeks ago. Everything about it is like a hot knife through butter. The hood is an issue but I will save that for another post.

At the same time, I got my ZDX, the wife's headlight in her Caddy cts burnt out. My lights are fine but please tell me the ZDX headlight bulb replacement is not similar to that Cadillac? Had to drop the bumper, pull out the wheel well liner ect for the Caddy. I am looking at replacing the reverse lights. They seem very dim at night using the backup camera or looking through the rear tinted windows. How hard should I expect that to be??

The fog lights also appear not all the bright. I am often driving at night on unplowed roads. How hard are the bulbs to change out?

There is a sticker on the firewall (bout 4"x2") behind the motor that cautions anyone working on the motor that it is equipped with a remote start. That was not included as one of the features when sold to me and there is no "FOB" starter with it. Is there an easy way to tell without taking out the glovebox ect?? If not, how hard is it to pull the glove box? (Just thinking aloud) I would think there would be a bus or unusual fuse or some other way to just identify if it had a remote starter?? If it does have one maybe I can pull the box and identify it to get a remote. If not I would need a qualified tech to install. Don't want to pull and replace body panels more often than I need too.

Are there torsion bars which can be adjusted for a little more lift? What is the max tire size without modification? If you do use winter tires, all four or just the two front??

Thanks in advance.

Any other recommended DIY mods? Not turning it into an off-roader or race car.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:38 AM
ZDX LOVER

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Carcarkiosk.com shows you a way to replace headlight bulb without dropping bumper but I couldn’t clip the new one back in but I’m terrible ! maybe you can. So I had a guy come over and he pulled bumper loose and removed the whole headlight and did it that way.
The following users liked this post:
Bryan Sage (01-06-2019)