Should I?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 01:29 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Should I?

A local dealer has a new '13 ZDX Advance for sale. Price is 43,985. It's been sitting there since January 8, 2013... with only 216 miles. Should I negotiate and jump for it?
I like how unique the ZDX is. I love the ride of the MDX but don't need the extra seats..
The Link:
http://www.oaklandacura.com/Oakland/...-SUV/20410440/
Old 08-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
There's one in Serramonte with 1,782 miles on it for $34981 so I would use that for negotiations but the closer you can get to $39700 the better. That being said don't let a few thousand stand in your way of grabbing that sweet ride.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:06 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
There is no 'Advance' trim 13 ZDX, or any trims at all, just one '13 model to cut costs presumably. I do feel the '10, '11, and '12 Advance trim ZDX is the one to get, but the '13 ain't bad. The '13 ZDX added... but also deleted, some Advance features, like IDS, Integrated Dynamics System, some full safety features like CMBS. I'm not a ZDX owner...

Last edited by 123456SPEED; 08-21-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
Go for it,

The 13 ZDX is a nice car, it doesn't have the full CMBS braking system as the 10-12 ZDXs, nor does it have IDS. But that's alright, the car would be very nice coming from an RDX. I'm assuming the ZDX is currently listed at or slightly below invoice. You should be able to get it for slightly less that 40k. In 2013 I bought a 2011 RL Adv. with 13,000 miles, car was 55k brand new. The dealer wanted 42k, I got it for 35k; paid cash. I was about to buy a 13 ZDX but they good deal on the RL kept me from it.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Terry RL
Go for it,

The 13 ZDX is a nice car, it doesn't have the full CMBS braking system as the 10-12 ZDXs, nor does it have IDS.
I wouldn't want CMBS if you paid me, and putting the shifter in "S" mode does the same thing as IDS. It's bad enough I have to see "BRAKE" flashing on the dashboard.

The last model year of the ZDX is the best, IMHO, and not just because I own one. It has the least offensive "beak" treatment, and that's the main reason I even considered one...now I'm glad I did.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by lumpulus
I wouldn't want CMBS if you paid me, and putting the shifter in "S" mode does the same thing as IDS. It's bad enough I have to see "BRAKE" flashing on the dashboard.

The last model year of the ZDX is the best, IMHO, and not just because I own one. It has the least offensive "beak" treatment, and that's the main reason I even considered one...now I'm glad I did.
I think the '13 is the best too. Totally agree about the new beak. It looks so much better on the Z. I also like having the center interior wood trim, blacked out rims, parking sensors standard, and power folding side mirrors. I really could do without the lane departure warning and I keep it off at all times. I would trade that feature for adaptive cruise control in a heartbeat. I'd probably never really use CMBS nor IDS (but the button located in the center on the earlier Advance models is pretty cool, instead of just a blank space below the CD insert.) One thing I do wish the '13 had from the earlier Advance models in the suede roof line. It just adds that extra touch of class. I also wish the Z came with the Black/Espresso combo like the new TLX. As much as I love the Umber interior when it's new, it just doesn't age well. So I decided to go the safest way possible, palladium/ebony. Easy to keep clean.

Last edited by MisterZDX; 08-21-2014 at 07:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
lumpulus (08-22-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 12:23 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find I have some interest in the ZDX. That's pretty remarkable considering that I have zero interest in 99% of the cars being built today and scared to death of the electronic complexity of almost all of them. I fully believe the best cars have already been built and the idea of these electronic marvels past 75,000 miles when the electronic gizzies start to wear out is terrifying. Now that being said, I am attracted to the oddness of the ZDX and the simple fact that is IS so different. We have no need of a SUV of any sort, especially considering how inefficient in terms of size and space they are, and expensive to operate for what they are. The cross-overs are not of any interest either, simply because they are all so expensive and again, the electronic stuff is a deal breaker for me. But the ZDX is something else and I am watching them carefully as the prices for not only used examples but for those left over on the lot (of which there are quite a few), drop like stones. The prices for all used cars have started to drop nicely now since the availability of new car financing and leasing has improved, so I expect the odd-ball ZDX's used car prices to drop quite fast. For me to even see one of these cars will require a 300 mile road trip and I will do that when prices dip sufficiently to make me think it might not be too bad a financial gouging to get one. I have no idea when that will happen, but if I were in the market today, even for a new one (which would be two years old in about three weeks, by the way), I would not consider paying anything north of thirty grand, and that would be for zero miles. If you are seriously considering taking the plunge, don't pay new prices for a two year old, leftover version of a model no longer being produced.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:42 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My preference goes to the 2012 Advance. IDS makes it have two personalities, CMBS makes it safer, ACC makes it more adaptive and the Suede like roof liner makes it more posh.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Duct tape
My preference goes to the 2012 Advance. IDS makes it have two personalities, CMBS makes it safer, ACC makes it more adaptive and the Suede like roof liner makes it more posh.
I couldn't agree with you more. If only Acura would've switched to the new grille in 2012, I would've definitely bought a '12 Advance. But just the fact that the 2013 has the new grille was enough to sway my decision. I really dislike the older beak (even when painted body color to match).
Old 08-25-2014, 09:45 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow,that's a beautiful car!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:25 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I wish Honda had put earth dreams in the Z and/or some of the newer tech to bring up mpg. I feel that is the main thing aging the Z over newer choices. 2nd I think is the display interface but that is more livable than 16-23 mpg. imo..
And the low speed ACC, and auto brake hold, and led tails, and puddle lights, ugh, never mind, there's still nothing as unique as the Z, esp the new borefest corporate look TLX. Ugh.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:38 PM
ADVANCE DRIVER

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
The 2013 "Beak" is hideous. The 10-12 is no where near as bad. This is a large car, with a stance that makes it stand out. The 13 beak looks like someone punched it in the ass and it's mouth is half closed. Hideous looking front end. Sorry to say. ALSO CMBS can save your ass when you least expect it, I don't care if you're a professional driver, non accident blah blah whatever, the "BRAKE" is not that bad when it saves your over priced 43 thousand dollar car that has LESS options and features than 10-12 advance models.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SpenceTLMonster
The 2013 "Beak" is hideous. The 10-12 is no where near as bad. This is a large car, with a stance that makes it stand out. The 13 beak looks like someone punched it in the ass and it's mouth is half closed. Hideous looking front end. Sorry to say. ALSO CMBS can save your ass when you least expect it, I don't care if you're a professional driver, non accident blah blah whatever, the "BRAKE" is not that bad when it saves your over priced 43 thousand dollar car that has LESS options and features than 10-12 advance models.
I guess we all like what we like which is why we chose the option we chose. The 2013 beak is more classy and fits the car much better in my opinion. Obviously the folks at Acura agree, especially due to the backlash the original beak received on the 09-11 TL. Someone at corporate felt the need to tone the beak down and now the smaller beak is Acura's signature. I will say that the original beak did look better on the ZDX than any other model, but the 2013 beak fits so much better. All that's missing is the jewel eye headlights. As far as CMBS, I really could live without that feature or IDS. The only 2 things from the Advance model that I wish my 2013 had are adaptive cruise, and a suede headliner.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll add my two cents here:

When I was looking, if I had found the right deal on a 10-12 with the Advance package versus a '13 like I have, I would've gone that route. CMBS is a safety feature with debatable value to some, but the IDS and the alcantara roofliner are enough to tip the scale.

I'm also with MisterZDX, and probably the significant majority who think the '13 beak is superior to the 10-12. I think the 10-12 looks painfully dated and disproportionate.

Also, is this you? Looks like your ZDX:
View this post on Instagram
How do you like the wood steering wheel? Does it get too hot in the heat?
Old 09-05-2014, 09:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by markwon
I'm also with MisterZDX, and probably the significant majority who think the '13 beak is superior to the 10-12. I think the 10-12 looks painfully dated and disproportionate.
Painfully dated, disproportionate, ugly and every other bad word one can think of to describe it. I guess Acura decided to give the 10-12 beak plastic surgery and the result was the 2013...lol. And if the 2013 had the jewel eye head lights, it would be just as nice from the front as the RLX and TLX. Don't know why Acura didn't just change the beak in 2012 like they did the TL. A 2012 ZDX Advance with the new beak would be my dream car. Or better yet, they should've just offered the 2013 with the Advance package. Imagine a Z with the new beak, power folding side mirrors, center wood grain interior trim, parking sensors, lane departure warning, the new darker trimmed rims, IDS, CMBS, alcantara roof liner, adaptive cruise, blind spot monitoring, heated and cooled seats, and add about 20 more horsepower...all I can say is DAMN...what a car.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:20 AM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Not surprising you feel that way seeing you own a 2010...the worst looking model of all, according to most, except you, of course. Looks like you need all those driving aids...taking a selfie while driving....
Old 09-13-2014, 09:51 PM
ADVANCE DRIVER

Originally Posted by lumpulus
Not surprising you feel that way seeing you own a 2010...the worst looking model of all, according to most, except you, of course. Looks like you need all those driving aids...taking a selfie while driving....
I was parked lol
Old 09-13-2014, 09:52 PM
ADVANCE DRIVER

Originally Posted by markwon
I'll add my two cents here:

When I was looking, if I had found the right deal on a 10-12 with the Advance package versus a '13 like I have, I would've gone that route. CMBS is a safety feature with debatable value to some, but the IDS and the alcantara roofliner are enough to tip the scale.

Also, is this you? Looks like your ZDX: Instagram How do you like the wood steering wheel? Does it get too hot in the heat?
The wood steering wheel is nice. Not hot at all.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:09 AM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work