Picked up my White w/ Taupe yesterday - initial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Picked up my White w/ Taupe yesterday - initial impressions

I picked up my White with Taupe interior yesterday... similar to JZDX's car without the running boards. I traded in my 06 RL.

Here are my initial impressions after spending some time fiddling with the features and first couple of days of driving.

Interior: As I said in an earlier post, the interior is as expected of Honda/ Acura, ergonomically well designed. Everything falls to hand as you would expect and if you came from previous Acura's or Honda's, work mostly the same way. Need to get used to new options on the menus like HDD and Ipod link and music search. Also because of the additional features of the Bluetooth phone link, some adjustment is needed (phonebook sync is now available plus setting up some speed dial is also available). The MID works a little differently but has the same features. I had to remove the side panels in the trunk since it's golf season... golf bag fits perfectly. Ergonomics aside... the interior looks awesome. From the centerstack with the blacked out buttons until turned on, to the leather inserts on the dash, to the dual sun roofs... it's a well executed and very enticing and livable place to be.

Drive: Drives like my RL. Seating position is similar to a car but easier to get in and out of front seats due to the slightly higher seat. Seat space is similar so the transition was seamless. Suspension is just slightly stiffer than stock RL but still absorbs bumps very well. Interior is very quiet and the new 6-speed transmission is much smoother than the 5-speed in my RL. Because it's so smooth and quiet, you feel slower than you are so just have to be careful on the highway. Some folks complain about the blind spot because of the rear shape (D-pillar) but I found that if you adjust the side mirrors to cover the rear flanks, it's not really a big blind spot. The rear view is just like a regular car's rear window except with a bar across it due to the lower glass of the hatch. So driving it around is not as "challenging" as some might point out. In fact the view around was easy for me. Forward view might take some getting used to since you can't see the front... for me it's the same as my RL and the front lenght is similar so I'm used to the clearance. It is an awesome cruiser on the road... responsive, smooth, has punch when needed and very, very car-like in feel.

Exterior: One of the best attributes of the vehicle in my opinion. Pictures do not do this vehicle justice. My brother says it even looks better in motion than standing still. I have to say, it's a real stunner. The contrast between the black glass roof and the body of the car gives it a very dramatic look. The rear fenders/ haunches give it a stance like it's about to pounce. It definitely evokes emotion. A little wider than my RL but doesn't feel like it... just notice it when pulling into the garage.

Just some of my impressions so far... need to still fiddle with the tech features and spend more time in the car but overall, I'm very happy with my choice and can't wait to get in it again for the ride home!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:47 AM
MATT

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
pics??? although i like the x6 much better
Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Great write up! I think it'll even look better with the sport running boards.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:30 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the ZDX? Are they still selling for above MSRP with a markup?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The dealer I went to is selling just above invoice... got mine for $46,200 plus tax, document fee and registration, Tech model. I think MSRP is $50,850.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjtags
The dealer I went to is selling just above invoice... got mine for $46,200 plus tax, document fee and registration, Tech model. I think MSRP is $50,850.

Grats on the Twin JJ !! I paid the same for mine .. was like 46'850 + TTL ( tag title license ) that price includes the LED boards for cost and I want to say they were like $680 installed. I think they make it look even better

Great writeup too.. I totally agree with everything you said about the Z.

Enjoy Brotha Z!!