AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   ZDX (https://acurazine.com/forums/zdx-326/)
-   -   considering this one, thoughts? (https://acurazine.com/forums/zdx-326/considering-one-thoughts-971712/)

robpp 07-19-2018 03:38 PM

considering this one, thoughts?

Hey I am looking at a 2012 ZDX Tech.
One owner. 67K miles
Clean carfax
White exterior
They asking 21,500.
I drove it. All seems as it should.

What do you think? Anything to look for?

rockstar143 07-19-2018 03:44 PM

Not a lot of aftermarket support but robust engine and probably stout transmission...
the styling isn't like anything else so if you are into that I can't imagine you're cross shopping too many other things in that price range.
Go for it!
Have a prepurchase inspection done!

dynodan 07-20-2018 01:59 PM

Have a prepurchase inspection done![/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. I was considering an identical ZDX 3 yrs. ago (with half the mileage) offered by a north side Indianapolis Chrysler dealer, and had them take it to an Acura dealer nearby for inspection. Turned out, the Acura service manager refused to produce any paperwork verifying it’s condition! (He expected me to accept merely a ‘vocal’ certification). Go figure. Obviously I passed on the sale, and any future service business with that Acura dealership.

HondaOwnerForLife 07-20-2018 03:46 PM

My experience in Cincinnati was the opposite. Great service from and experience with the service manager at Columbia Acura.. And of course when I got it home to my local service manager, he confirmed the same.
My advice: Check service history if possible and inquire about oil consumption, but you may not get much detail there.
One owner, clean car fax...what to look for? A good parking space so no one can molest it after you buy it...

dynodan 07-20-2018 04:16 PM

My current ACURA dealership service (Merrillville, IN) is also great. Can’t say the same for the downtown Chicago Acura dealer that sold me my car. Once they got my repair/parts money (by promising to refund my rental fees), they would no longer take my calls.

micellison71 07-21-2018 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by dynodan (Post 16267875)

Have a prepurchase inspection done!

Good luck with that. I was considering an identical ZDX 3 yrs. ago (with half the mileage) offered by a north side Indianapolis Chrysler dealer, and had them take it to an Acura dealer nearby for inspection. Turned out, the Acura service manager refused to produce any paperwork verifying it’s condition! (He expected me to accept merely a ‘vocal’ certification). Go figure. Obviously I passed on the sale, and any future service business with that Acura dealership.
[/QUOTE]

robpp 07-22-2018 02:48 PM

Thanks all
i knew going to the acura dealer wasn't going to get me far. No good experience when I owned TSX
So I brought it to my Indy place for more of a visual system check. They charge me $100. I TRUST THEM. And fully get it that they can't tell me any history. But I do have the CARFAX which shows me maintenance and repair. Again, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Ultimately I bought it.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...6c75ae6e2c.jpg

dynodan 07-22-2018 04:14 PM

Early, or late 2012? There were two different shades of ‘pearl white’ that year (the later paint had more pearl and looks ‘silver’ at night under streetlights). Just be careful buying touch-up paint & pre-painted parts, or having body work. My body shop ordered the wrong color, and decided to repaint the whole car as a result. Turns out, though I was initially upset, I actually like the earlier color better (less of a ‘creamy’ shade of white). But, I had to order new touch-up pens as a result, since the later/more yellow color makes the scratch/chip standout like a sore thumb after you add the clear-coat

robpp 07-22-2018 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by dynodan (Post 16268638)
Early, or late 2012? There were two different shades of ‘pearl white’ that year (the later paint had more pearl and looks ‘silver’ at night under streetlights). Just be careful buying touch-up paint & pre-painted parts, or having body work. My body shop ordered the wrong color, and decided to repaint the whole car as a result. Turns out, though I was initially upset, I actually like the earlier color better (less of a ‘creamy’ shade of white). But, I had to order new touch-up pens as a result, since the later/more yellow color makes the scratch/chip standout like a sore thumb after you add the clear-coat

I have the window sticker.....Its ASPEN WHITE PEARL II

losiglow 07-22-2018 08:50 PM

Looks great. I always liked the ZDX. I considered one when I was shopping around. Eventually went with the TL but the ZDX was a close second.

kevin barbee 07-22-2018 10:12 PM

Looks really good! Congrats !

HondaOwnerForLife 07-22-2018 10:19 PM

Interior color? Looks great. Well-done...

lumpulus 07-23-2018 06:50 PM

People need to also be mindful that a "clean" Carfax isn't a be all and end all to base a car purchasing decision on....
I purchased a used '13 ZDX with 7K miles on it in 2014 and about a year later after a rain storm I saw some condensation on one of my $1100 headlights. The car was still under warranty so I took it back to the dealership(Where I bought it)
They showed me where someone had silicone caulked the bottom seam on the light assembly. They tried to blame me for it...luckily for me I work at an auto auction and have access to BOTH Carfax and Autocheck…..the Carfax was completely clean, while Autocheck had an accident report number which I purchased a copy of. Turns out the Sales manager for the dealership at the time(no longer there) got in a fender bender with it, When I sent the dealership a copy of the accident report, they had no choice but to replace the light at their expense....fortunately that was the only damage there was.... moral is don't just use Carfax.

robpp 07-25-2018 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 16268607)
Thanks all
i knew going to the acura dealer wasn't going to get me far. No good experience when I owned TSX
So I brought it to my Indy place for more of a visual system check. They charge me $100. I TRUST THEM. And fully get it that they can't tell me any history. But I do have the CARFAX which shows me maintenance and repair. Again, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Ultimately I bought it.

Originally Posted by lumpulus (Post 16269292)
People need to also be mindful that a "clean" Carfax isn't a be all and end all to base a car purchasing decision on....
I purchased a used '13 ZDX with 7K miles on it in 2014 and about a year later after a rain storm I saw some condensation on one of my $1100 headlights. The car was still under warranty so I took it back to the dealership(Where I bought it)
They showed me where someone had silicone caulked the bottom seam on the light assembly. They tried to blame me for it...luckily for me I work at an auto auction and have access to BOTH Carfax and Autocheck…..the Carfax was completely clean, while Autocheck had an accident report number which I purchased a copy of. Turns out the Sales manager for the dealership at the time(no longer there) got in a fender bender with it, When I sent the dealership a copy of the accident report, they had no choice but to replace the light at their expense....fortunately that was the only damage there was.... moral is don't just use Carfax.

Agreed.

On the TSx side we had a guy buy a CERTIFIED PREOWN. Was fully inspected and refurbed THEY SAID. oh they forgot it needed TPMS. All 4 wheels had rubber valve stems.

Caveat emptor on everything in life//