Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
considering this one, thoughts?

Hey I am looking at a 2012 ZDX Tech.
One owner. 67K miles
Clean carfax
White exterior
They asking 21,500.
I drove it. All seems as it should.

What do you think? Anything to look for?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:44 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts
Not a lot of aftermarket support but robust engine and probably stout transmission...
the styling isn't like anything else so if you are into that I can't imagine you're cross shopping too many other things in that price range.
Go for it!
Have a prepurchase inspection done!
The following users liked this post:
robpp (07-19-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 01:59 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Have a prepurchase inspection done![/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. I was considering an identical ZDX 3 yrs. ago (with half the mileage) offered by a north side Indianapolis Chrysler dealer, and had them take it to an Acura dealer nearby for inspection. Turned out, the Acura service manager refused to produce any paperwork verifying it’s condition! (He expected me to accept merely a ‘vocal’ certification). Go figure. Obviously I passed on the sale, and any future service business with that Acura dealership.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:46 PM
J37A5

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
My experience in Cincinnati was the opposite. Great service from and experience with the service manager at Columbia Acura.. And of course when I got it home to my local service manager, he confirmed the same.
My advice: Check service history if possible and inquire about oil consumption, but you may not get much detail there.
One owner, clean car fax...what to look for? A good parking space so no one can molest it after you buy it...
Old 07-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Instructor

My current ACURA dealership service (Merrillville, IN) is also great. Can’t say the same for the downtown Chicago Acura dealer that sold me my car. Once they got my repair/parts money (by promising to refund my rental fees), they would no longer take my calls.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:55 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dynodan

Have a prepurchase inspection done!

Good luck with that. I was considering an identical ZDX 3 yrs. ago (with half the mileage) offered by a north side Indianapolis Chrysler dealer, and had them take it to an Acura dealer nearby for inspection. Turned out, the Acura service manager refused to produce any paperwork verifying it’s condition! (He expected me to accept merely a ‘vocal’ certification). Go figure. Obviously I passed on the sale, and any future service business with that Acura dealership.
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Graphite Ghost

Thanks all
i knew going to the acura dealer wasn't going to get me far. No good experience when I owned TSX
So I brought it to my Indy place for more of a visual system check. They charge me $100. I TRUST THEM. And fully get it that they can't tell me any history. But I do have the CARFAX which shows me maintenance and repair. Again, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Ultimately I bought it.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Instructor

Early, or late 2012? There were two different shades of ‘pearl white’ that year (the later paint had more pearl and looks ‘silver’ at night under streetlights). Just be careful buying touch-up paint & pre-painted parts, or having body work. My body shop ordered the wrong color, and decided to repaint the whole car as a result. Turns out, though I was initially upset, I actually like the earlier color better (less of a ‘creamy’ shade of white). But, I had to order new touch-up pens as a result, since the later/more yellow color makes the scratch/chip standout like a sore thumb after you add the clear-coat
The following users liked this post:
robpp (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Graphite Ghost

Originally Posted by dynodan
Early, or late 2012? There were two different shades of ‘pearl white’ that year (the later paint had more pearl and looks ‘silver’ at night under streetlights). Just be careful buying touch-up paint & pre-painted parts, or having body work. My body shop ordered the wrong color, and decided to repaint the whole car as a result. Turns out, though I was initially upset, I actually like the earlier color better (less of a ‘creamy’ shade of white). But, I had to order new touch-up pens as a result, since the later/more yellow color makes the scratch/chip standout like a sore thumb after you add the clear-coat
I have the window sticker.....Its ASPEN WHITE PEARL II
Old 07-22-2018, 08:50 PM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Looks great. I always liked the ZDX. I considered one when I was shopping around. Eventually went with the TL but the ZDX was a close second.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:12 PM
ZDX LOVER

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts
Looks really good! Congrats !
Old 07-22-2018, 10:19 PM
J37A5

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Interior color? Looks great. Well-done...
Old 07-23-2018, 06:50 PM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
People need to also be mindful that a "clean" Carfax isn't a be all and end all to base a car purchasing decision on....
I purchased a used '13 ZDX with 7K miles on it in 2014 and about a year later after a rain storm I saw some condensation on one of my $1100 headlights. The car was still under warranty so I took it back to the dealership(Where I bought it)
They showed me where someone had silicone caulked the bottom seam on the light assembly. They tried to blame me for it...luckily for me I work at an auto auction and have access to BOTH Carfax and Autocheck…..the Carfax was completely clean, while Autocheck had an accident report number which I purchased a copy of. Turns out the Sales manager for the dealership at the time(no longer there) got in a fender bender with it, When I sent the dealership a copy of the accident report, they had no choice but to replace the light at their expense....fortunately that was the only damage there was.... moral is don't just use Carfax.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:30 AM
Graphite Ghost

Originally Posted by robpp
Thanks all
i knew going to the acura dealer wasn't going to get me far. No good experience when I owned TSX
So I brought it to my Indy place for more of a visual system check. They charge me $100. I TRUST THEM. And fully get it that they can't tell me any history. But I do have the CARFAX which shows me maintenance and repair. Again, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Ultimately I bought it.
Originally Posted by lumpulus
People need to also be mindful that a "clean" Carfax isn't a be all and end all to base a car purchasing decision on....
I purchased a used '13 ZDX with 7K miles on it in 2014 and about a year later after a rain storm I saw some condensation on one of my $1100 headlights. The car was still under warranty so I took it back to the dealership(Where I bought it)
They showed me where someone had silicone caulked the bottom seam on the light assembly. They tried to blame me for it...luckily for me I work at an auto auction and have access to BOTH Carfax and Autocheck…..the Carfax was completely clean, while Autocheck had an accident report number which I purchased a copy of. Turns out the Sales manager for the dealership at the time(no longer there) got in a fender bender with it, When I sent the dealership a copy of the accident report, they had no choice but to replace the light at their expense....fortunately that was the only damage there was.... moral is don't just use Carfax.
Agreed.

On the TSx side we had a guy buy a CERTIFIED PREOWN. Was fully inspected and refurbed THEY SAID. oh they forgot it needed TPMS. All 4 wheels had rubber valve stems.

Caveat emptor on everything in life//