body molding kit opinion and rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
body molding kit opinion and rims

hi everyone,

I will be a new owner of ZDX 2010, so glad to be one of you guys. I will be putting the led running boards and splash guard (live in snowy state MN) that a must. I am really tore about putting on a body molding kit, they don't serve much as a protection but more for look. So my question, do they look good or skip them?

I am would love to put 22 in rims, and I look at people in the forum who have 22, they look really nice. Is it bad to install 22 rims? does it screw up the transmission or anything about the car? I know the rides will be rough but i am will to do away with comfort for nice looking rim.

any advice or opinion is appreciated
Attached Thumbnails body molding kit opinion and rims-photo.jpg  
Old 06-05-2014, 01:32 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by pvdq
hi everyone,

I will be a new owner of ZDX 2010, so glad to be one of you guys. I will be putting the led running boards and splash guard (live in snowy state MN) that a must. I am really tore about putting on a body molding kit, they don't serve much as a protection but more for look. So my question, do they look good or skip them?

I am would love to put 22 in rims, and I look at people in the forum who have 22, they look really nice. Is it bad to install 22 rims? does it screw up the transmission or anything about the car? I know the rides will be rough but i am will to do away with comfort for nice looking rim.

any advice or opinion is appreciated
Welcome!

(1) Body Molding Kit

I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to here. To my knowledge, there are no OEM or aftermarket body kits available for the ZDX. Also, I don't think there are any front lip or front bumper kits available either. The only body molding kit I can think is of this variety: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121059835961?lpid=82
(2) Rim size

Downsides:
- Rougher and louder, but not by much.
- Acceleration is a little slower. The ZDX is pretty slow to begin with, and I don't accelerate hard very often, so it doesn't bother me much.
- More wear and tear on parts. I chose pretty heavy 22s, so this will eventually cause more wear and tear on the wheel bearings, brakes, and other parts I'm sure. I doubt there's any effect on the transmission. Probably some added stress on the differential, but I'd venture its inconsequential compared to other factors (spirited driving).

I'd suggest you look through the picture thread, and see how some of the ZDX with 20, 21, and 22 look. If you like the look of oversized rims, you can probably choose a wider 20" set with corresponding rubber, and achieve most of what you get with 22s.

Again, welcome, and excited to see progress!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Advanced

Thanks for your reply mark, I think I will stay with the 20 for rim and I won't get the side molding for my z either. Friend told me it look like the cheap molding on the older car. Mark, have you put any led light on your z?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:29 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the side molding, LED running boards & rear splash guards - Aspen White Pearl ZDX and it looks so damn good! So I can't agree with the friend who said it looks like cheap molding - it's great looking and I'm a super picky car lovin' girl!
Old 06-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Um, BTW, pdvq...if that up-side-down pic on the first post is your ZDX, it already has the side molding!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:46 PM
Advanced

oh yeah, i know, that is another car at the dealer, i bought another zdx without one, i decided against it now