Anyone else miss the ZDX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Pro

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
Anyone else miss the ZDX?

Well its been a little over a year since I sold my beloved ZDX. For some reason lately I really have regretted getting rid of it. Its been a real challenge trying to find the NSX I wont for they are at a premium price right now! That may change once winter comes around but I don't count on it. I'm really in love with my CL-S and plan on keeping it as a second car/daily driver. I recently purchased a Honda Ruckus and have been spending some time and money on that project. This thing is a money pit

I wish I could get the ZDX out of my mind, but its been hard. It seems like every time im looking at NSX's online for sale Im looking at the ZDX's next. I swear I have a freaking sickness and its called NO PATIENCE I really like the fact that the ZDXs are really going at good prices. I sure would like to get back in one sometime in the future! Anyone else missing their ZDX? I miss you guys too
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
you should buy the ZDX again bro
Old 04-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 171 Posts
I should be in the process of getting one next year when my TL lease is up and hopefully there isnt much of the drastic changes on the design. If its still the same set up as yours, I will be bugging you to see what kind of mod you have done to your ex-ZDX because you have one of the cleanest ZDX I've ever seen here on the forum and give you much props!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:12 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Hi mk, get one before Sandro in Moscow ships 'em all overseas
Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I think the ZDX is a special vehicle. I have followed it since its inception and recent purchased one before it becomes extinct in Acura line up. Having own one for a few weeks, I have no criticism for the coupe. I think it fits out lifestyle. The one thing I enjoy the most is its rarity. I have yet to see another ZDX around where I live.

I saw your black ZDX on this forum. It was nicely modified. I bet it was difficult to let go. If you get another one, I think you probably don't want to repeat the same modifications, but create something different. That would be interest to watch! Keep us posted.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 248 Likes on 229 Posts
Yes, I regret trading mine. Hindsight being 20-20 I should have kept it, I really miss it.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Sandro
you should buy the ZDX again bro
You never do know, I still plan on getting a NSX soon but I just don't know when. I'm still debating what year to get. I really want a 02-05 but at the end of the day I could buy a 91 and ZDX for the price those are going for right now. Doesn't sound like a bad idea actually I just want to keep saving and searching. Good luck with the new car bro!

Originally Posted by KB1Spec
I should be in the process of getting one next year when my TL lease is up and hopefully there isnt much of the drastic changes on the design. If its still the same set up as yours, I will be bugging you to see what kind of mod you have done to your ex-ZDX because you have one of the cleanest ZDX I've ever seen here on the forum and give you much props!
I think you would like the ZDX! I have you covered on any question, just ask

Originally Posted by 123456SPEED
Hi mk, get one before Sandro in Moscow ships 'em all overseas
Nobody has shit on Sandro

Originally Posted by T0L8
I think the ZDX is a special vehicle. I have followed it since its inception and recent purchased one before it becomes extinct in Acura line up. Having own one for a few weeks, I have no criticism for the coupe. I think it fits out lifestyle. The one thing I enjoy the most is its rarity. I have yet to see another ZDX around where I live.

I saw your black ZDX on this forum. It was nicely modified. I bet it was difficult to let go. If you get another one, I think you probably don't want to repeat the same modifications, but create something different. That would be interest to watch! Keep us posted.
The rarity of the ZDX sure does make it special. I have only seen one since I sold mine. I sure would go a different route if I do go back to the Z. Sure would love me some umber

Originally Posted by terdonal
Yes, I regret trading mine. Hindsight being 20-20 I should have kept it, I really miss it.
I have done this on a couple cars, how's the ILX treating you?
Old 04-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 248 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by mugen_kid
I have done this on a couple cars, how's the ILX treating you?
I actually traded it in for a brand new 2012 TSX ASPEC so defeated my whole purpose of going to the ILX from the ZDX.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:05 PM
El Chulo...

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Is Forever to long...?

My lease is up in a little over a year now on my 2011. These are the kinds of conversations/threads that make me want to keep my ZDseX forever. I just know if I trade her in I will regret it. Especially now that its discontinued the ZDX will continue to hold its value for years to come...
Old 04-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
I plan to keep my Z's for atleast 3 years from now on, then probably will give one of them to my parents and make the other one some Fast & Furious car
Old 05-08-2013, 05:38 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly, you do not see many around..... That is why Acura abandoned it.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
I wish Acura would have done the effiiciency raising with Earthdreams and electrics, for the ZDX. I believe the niche CUV market is gonna grow. but I guess the sales couldn't justify too much outlay. I just think some work could have been done to extend the life of this model and make it more marketable.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
I definitely regret trading in my Zdx.... I was super close to buying it after the sales manager at the Acura dealership traded it back..
Old 05-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by terdonal
I actually traded it in for a brand new 2012 TSX ASPEC so defeated my whole purpose of going to the ILX from the ZDX.
My bad, I thought you picked up an ILX. I had a chance to drive a loaner TSX when the ZDX was in for service. I was really impressed

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
My lease is up in a little over a year now on my 2011. These are the kinds of conversations/threads that make me want to keep my ZDseX forever. I just know if I trade her in I will regret it. Especially now that its discontinued the ZDX will continue to hold its value for years to come...
The regret card sucks! Been there a couple times

Originally Posted by Sandro
I plan to keep my Z's for atleast 3 years from now on, then probably will give one of them to my parents and make the other one some Fast & Furious car
It sure would be nice to have some more accessories options for this car! I think that was one of my biggest problems with the ZDX. I like to mod!

Originally Posted by 123456SPEED
I wish Acura would have done the effiiciency raising with Earthdreams and electrics, for the ZDX. I believe the niche CUV market is gonna grow. but I guess the sales couldn't justify too much outlay. I just think some work could have been done to extend the life of this model and make it more marketable.
I agree, with the price of the original ZDX it really needed more power or something to set the bar apart from the rest of the line-up.

Originally Posted by EkSoni
I definitely regret trading in my Zdx.... I was super close to buying it after the sales manager at the Acura dealership traded it back..
You have plenty of time for another, your still a teen Live it up while you still have time!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Lol that's definitely true man.. But nonetheless was a awesome car. Hopefully I can pick a used advance in a couple of years with decent miles.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I have had mine for 15 months now. I don't drive it as much, but when I do, I love every moment in it. Head turner all the way. I used to see one around my area, but haven't seen it in a while. I met up some friends for a bachelor party outing a couple of weekends ago, and they were all over it. 15 guys, and not ONE has seen one before. Felt great. I like fast cars but I LOVE rare cars. Next care will be a 2007-08 Alpina B7. Not until the Z is paid off
Old 05-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking at the ZDX as an option and yours has helped push me to really consider one. I wish I could have bought yours.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
I've been looking at the ZDX as an option and yours has helped push me to really consider one. I wish I could have bought yours.
What up long lost S2K friend How are things going? Good luck on your search if you go with the Z!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Wink ZDX....get them while ya still can !!!

Originally Posted by K-Y Lee
Exactly, you do not see many around..... That is why Acura abandoned it.

Honda/Acura attempted to build a unique automobile (CUV) with the ZDX, but apparently missed the desired target. I think that potential buyers could'nt lock in on the spacey styling, especially in a competitive marketplace. Too bad !

They will resight on the smaller sized and more economical CUV's. Too bad again !