Air bags recall

Old 06-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Air bags recall

Have anyone gotten the zdx airbags recall done yet ? Just curious to know how long does it take for the process because my work schedule is very tight and the closest dealer is 90 minutes away from my house?
Old 06-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Alpha Geek

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I got the 1st letter over a month ago.....a boatload(literally) of airbags need to be manufactured, then installed....millions of them. The installs should start later this summer.

I work at an auto auction, and many, many cars are not able to be sold due to defective airbags.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:28 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I received my 2nd letter couple weeks ago. Both driver & passenger need replacing. So called the dealership to see what I needed to do...Ha! They are just taking names and adding to their list...a 30pg list when I called. Said they haven't received replacement airbags yet...hope to start receiving late summer but they won't know what models come in till they come in! Hope having a Z doesn't mean our replacements will come later than more popular models? Anyone know if the ZDX has same airbag as any other Acura models?
They also are obligated to put you in a loaner if you're afraid to drive your car...but said if you do that you can't get your car back until the replacement is completed (liability?)...and they don't even know when they'll have them so you could be out of your car a looong time. Forget that! Not good for cars to just sit for months, so since I work from home, and we have other cars, I can limit my driving....but if I was in my car a lot this situation would really suck!
Old 08-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I had a minor collision last week that deployed the airbag. I thought the dealer should replace it for free, since it was under recall. WRONG! Turns out, the only part that IS recalled is the exploder device that deploys the bag. They don't actually replace the bag itself.
Dealer said it would be at least two weeks (if Im lucky) before they could get the new bag assembly in, due to the parts shortage. I got them to pay for my rental car in the meantime, so they have an incentive to expedite things. I'm hoping that accident repairs take precedence over recall replacement.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Just got the driver side inflator replaced while in for the PA state inspection. They had it in stock, but needed to order the passengers side, took them less than an hour to replace it.I wouldn’t wait for another letter, just call your local dealership and have them order the inflators if not currently in stock.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:31 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Finally!! I have appt. this week to get the air bag recall taken care of! Received my 3rd recall letter last week. I posted last July after receiving my second notice. I called the dealership then and they put me on a wait list since they still didn't have the parts...was a 30 page list at that time. I knew better that to expect a call, so was just waiting for work to slow a little- planned to call in April but the letter showed up so I called last week. Point is, if you're on a wait list, don't wait, call them.
Has anyone else had theirs replaced? Any issues, any specifics I should know?
Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiki
Finally!! I have appt. this week to get the air bag recall taken care of! Received my 3rd recall letter last week. I posted last July after receiving my second notice. I called the dealership then and they put me on a wait list since they still didn't have the parts...was a 30 page list at that time. I knew better that to expect a call, so was just waiting for work to slow a little- planned to call in April but the letter showed up so I called last week. Point is, if you're on a wait list, don't wait, call them.
Has anyone else had theirs replaced? Any issues, any specifics I should know?
I had one replaced in October at which time they ordered the other side, that arrived a few weeks later. As of last November both were replaced. No issues encountered.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:08 PM
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
just got mine done. 90 minutes total time...