Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

SRS unit and seatbelt (SRS light) RSX

Old 03-15-2016, 08:52 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS unit and seatbelt (SRS light) RSX

Hello, I just purchased a Acura rsx 2002. The previous owner of the car informed me that the seat belt was not working and that the SRS light was on. The previous owner also told me that he took the car to a Acura dealership for service and they told him that the seat belt needed to be replaced and also the SRS unit. My question is... Is it really the SRS unit the reason the car has the light on, or is it more so because of the seat belt ?

Also if I replace the seat belt on my own do I have to unplug the battery?

This is the picture of what the dealer told him

Old 03-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Acura Fanboy

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Based on a little research, this problem is likely not the seat belt but the sensor within the buckle. Use an OBD2 diagnostic code reader and if the code is 9-3, the buckle is bad. Many auto parts stores will scan your car for codes at no charge.

This part costs over $200 new if you want to replace it yourself. Used ones can be found for about $100 on Ebay.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
The seat belt buckle should be covered under the unlimited warranty for the safety buckle.

My 2005 TL had the sensor go bad within the passenger seat belt buckle setting off the SRS code. They identified the issue and confirmed it, replaced the buckle free of charge and the diagnostic fee was waived.

You could try to replace the buckle but it needs to get cleared using a Honda scan tool from what I read if you DIY.

Search this Thread