Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Selling an RSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Selling an RSX

I am usually on the RDX forum since I am looking into purchasing one next; however I own a 2005 RSX and will be selling it shortly.

Does anyone here have good advice as to where is the best place (safe as well) to sell my vehicle? Craiglist tends to attract very shady people, so I'm hesitant (when I sold my guitar, I actually had someone try to grab the guitar from me before paying!!!). I don't want to trade in because the trade in quotes I got are low ($3000) since dealerships never give you anything worthwhile.

I admit, I'm sad to part with this car, but with children not far down the road, I need a 4 door. I've got 180,000 miles and it still runs BEAUTIFULLY (Acura sure knows how to build a quality vehicle). In the past 6 months I put a lot of money into it including replacing the engine mounts, new spark plugs, fuel system cleaning, transmission flush and fill, coolant flush and fill, and new filters, on top of the normal oil changes and tire rotations. Brakes and rotors were replaced about 2 years ago. I kept all the paperwork to so the buyer has assurance that the work was completed.

Hoping with all the work I can still get a good price. Kelly Blue Book has it marked as $6300 in excellent condition and $4700 in fair condition. I have some scratching on the front driver bumper which is it's only major issue, though its cosmetic and quoted at $250 to fix so I may just do that before sale. In order to sell quickly I think I will list at $5000, do you think this is fair and possible? Or will I have to sell lower?

I'd attach a photo, but I don't know how to here
Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Actually I made an album if anyone wants to see...
Old 07-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Are you the 1st or second owner?

you can try clubrsx, or your local forums, also, the rsx is quite desirable to dealerships if you decided to trade it in
Old 07-12-2013, 07:50 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BattleofXs
Are you the 1st or second owner?

you can try clubrsx, or your local forums, also, the rsx is quite desirable to dealerships if you decided to trade it in
I am the first owner. Got it with 11 miles on the odometer if I remember correctly.

I went to Acura, Honda, and Volvo and none of them gave me great deals. Acura offered $2000, but after a lot of arguing they went to $2500 and not a penny more. Said with that many miles they can't resell and would have to wholesale it. CLAIMED he wouldn't even be making money on it at that price. They are the ones who said I should just sell privately. Volvo offered $2700 for trade in. Honda offered $3000, which was the best offer from anyone. However, I am not interested in any Hondas right now.

The mileage is why most dealers don't want to pay for it. I understand the concern, but if they knew cars, they would know these vehicles (if maintained) can last forever. Especially with all the money I've put into it in the past year, it runs wonderfully. Yet, the number on the odometer makes dealers unwilling.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Racer

Since you are the original owner, and have not modified it much, definitely use craigslist, or try a local honda/acura forum...

also try ClubRSX, an unmolested RSX is a great daily driver and pretty well sought after
Old 07-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by BattleofXs
Since you are the original owner, and have not modified it much, definitely use craigslist, or try a local honda/acura forum...

also try ClubRSX, an unmolested RSX is a great daily driver and pretty well sought after

Thanks! I'm not keen on craigslist because of the shady people I've encountered there, but will give it a shot. Never heard of clubrsx either, so much appreciated.
I am in New Jersey, where do I find "local" acura forums? All I know of is acurazine here.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Racer

well if you join clubrsx, they have regional sections, also a large for sale section

craigslist can be very shady, but also very useful, only accept cash and you'll be fine, also meet somewhere away from your home.

google search for "honda/acura forums new jersey" or something like that
Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Advanced

Thanks for all the input!
Also wondering what everyone thinks in terms of my asking price of $5,000? Think that's a reasonable request? Or do I need to lower it more?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:49 AM
Racer

is it a base or type S?

MT or AT?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Advanced

Its a regular RSX with automatic transmission with all the normal options and an added rear spoiler. You can see the photos in the album I put in my profile. I did not modify it at all aside from adding a Sirius Radio (which I will most likely remove upon sale, unless the buyer wants to keep it I would probably just throw it in for them since the next vehicle I get will have Sirius XM built in).

She's a great car, gonna miss it when its sold. But like I said, a 2 door is no longer practical for my life.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Racer

I think you could try 6000 obo and take no less than 5 for it
Old 07-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Advanced

Thanks. That's what I originally thought I would get, but I was worried that the miles on the odometer would prevent me from selling the car at that price. Probably a good car for someone who knows how to modify; could probably do some nice things with it. I'm not handy like that, hence why the car has no add ons.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Racer

there's not much to do with the base auto, the 5 speed has potential for some modders, the type-s is the coveted model. Still it would make a great reliable DD for someone
Old 07-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I dont know if they have one out where you are at but carmax gives you the best price of any dealer otherwise I would go the Autotrader route.