Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

RSX Randomly losing power + jerks

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 10:56 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 2004 RSX Base model. I purchased it back in October, this problem has been happening for months now. I have taken it to the shop 5+ times and they haven’t been able to recreate the problem. It is becoming more persistent now.

When I say random, I mean random. The car will stop accelerating and just sort of jerk along. When it loses power I can feather the gas and jerk along until I am able to pull over at like 5 mph. It happened again today and pulled over and let it sit for a few mins and when I attempted to start it back up it wouldn’t turn over. I let it sit a few more minutes and it started just fine and I drove it to work and back home with no issues.

Since I had an issue starting today I am thinking main relay, but I’m not really a car guy so I need a second opinion before I start taking shots in the dark trying to fix it. I can’t afford to get stuck some where. I would really appreciate any feedback you guys could give.
I also forgot to mention that when it happens and I’m feathering the gas on and off to basically force to move. I can hear a sort of popping noise from the engine and I know that’s really not a good sign

just to give some more info, no lights or codes being thrown when it happens
Old 05-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Acura Fanboy

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
It sounds to me like a fuel issue since it is behaving like you are running out of gas. Anything else would likely generate a CEL code. It might be your fuel pump.