Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

"New" 2004 Acura RSX - what first?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 12:36 AM
6th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
"New" 2004 Acura RSX - what first?

Hey folks -

New member to the forum, although I've browsed here quite a bit. Out here in Oakland, CA. I have a 2016 RDX as my daily (that I haven't done anything to but tint), but I just got a blue 2004 RSX (non Type-S) as a "play" ride. It needs a bit of help, but it's only around 100K miles.

Question for my fellow RSX people: What would be the first mods you would do? For me, I'm not looking to tune it much, just a nice, fun drive with some visual/sound mods, no performance mods (for now).

I have on my list: tint, HIDs, sound/speakers, autostart/alarm, all-weather mats. Wheels might be down the line. Maybe a rear spoiler (lip style? I don't know yet). Any suggestions?

I'll browse around the forum and see what's cool, but any "must haves" for RSXs that anyone of you really liked?

Any and all suggestions welcome. Pics as well ('ll check out the photos section if I see it).

Kongo.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 136 Posts
Sup Sir!

It's very quiet in the RSX in AZ. There are a couple of us around, but if you are looking for a more active forum for the RSX check out club RSX.

Basic bolt one are normally what folks would recommend. Intake - cold air, and exhaust. If you want a little more power, you can add a race header. Many will recommend a drop, so lowering springs or coilovers, and for aesthetics, black out or depo headlights vs chrome oem look, and a lipkit - A-Spec or Type R.