Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Major oil leak on 2005 RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 10:29 PM
deej0121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major oil leak on 2005 RSX-S

My wife called me tonight and told me "steam" was coming out of the hood. She stopped the car and waited on me to get there. When I checked the dipstick, there was barely any oil at the very bottom of the dipstick. We had to drive it about 45 miles to get back home, so I added a quart of oil before we got on the road. Oh--I just got my oil changed at my local Acura dealer last Friday (leak noticed on Wednesday), so I am naturally suspicious that they did something wrong. The oil leak is on the passenger side--the top of the engine has oil on it near the firewall and when we got home (engine hot) I could see some oil burning off the exhaust pipe cover. I did not see any oil around the filter, so I don't the filter is leaking. I also didn't see any mist or any "active" leaks when the engine was running. We left it with the local Honda dealer, because I have to go to work tomorrow and don't the time or the knowledge level, to be honest, to resolve this. Thanks in advance for whatever ideas you might have. By the way, the engine has 190k miles on it and has NEVER dropped a drop of oil ANYWHERE. Until now....