Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Decided to buy an RSX Type S, not sure what to look for! Included two links

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 02:47 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Decided to buy an RSX Type S, not sure what to look for! Included two links

Hello everyone! Funny story, I started off wanting a TL but realizing that I couldn't afford a clean one and not wanting to settle for one that's only somewhat decent, I realized that the RSX-s was well within my budget and something I completely forgot to look at. After reading a bunch of posts on various forums and sites, I am basically in love with them at this point haha!

However, I'm not a car person so I don't actually know what a "good" car is, and if the mods some people have done to their cars "worth it" or not. For example, a CAI mod is something small, but what about something else like a K-Pro thing?

I'm targeting a 2005-2006 model, but those are rare; in fact, I've only found two in Alberta and one of them is an Arctic Blue one and the owner stopped replying after I asked about maintenance records and was generally quite stand-offish.

I would prefer an 05-06 model, but if a 2002 model is nice I wouldn't mind either. Here below is a 2006 silver one that has only 170,000 kilometers and is reasonably price. Seems open to negotiation and was happy to let me take it to a mechanic for an inspection if I do end up checking the car out .

06 Rsx type s | used cars & trucks | Red Deer | Kijiji

However, it has something called a "Fuel Rail" mod to it, so I'm not sure what that means and if it's a big mod. The pictures are also meh so I don't know if that should be a red flag.

This second one is cheaper, but is a 2002 model with 180,000 kilometers. The seller seems to have taken care of the car from what I can take away from in their ad, and I can probably negotiate the price down as well based on how long it's been on the market, along with how old it is.

2002 Acura Rsx Type-S 6000$ OBO | used cars & trucks | Calgary | Kijiji

However, I just don't know if I want a 2002 model, it's hitting 14 years old now!

I would like this car to last me at least for the next few years, and I would love the option of keeping this car when I switch cars next time and learn how to fix it up, maybe keep it as a project car/weekend car and learn how to fix up a motor or put a new one in, so I was thinking maybe I should aim for a 2005-2006 model so it's newer and can last me longer.

Thank you so much for your attention and help! Really didn't know where to turn to for help, I only have a friend with a RSX automatic base model haha!
Old 12-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Intermediate

Oops, here is a third one:

Rsx Price reduce.TYPE . 6 speed remote starter Coupe (2 door) | used cars & trucks | Edmonton | Kijiji

Bad English, photos and the hood is sketch (doubt it's even real carbon fiber), but the price and KMs are good! Also has a remote starter and some other stuff added on. 2003 model though.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Your main thing is to ask for maintenance records, and check the carfax (or whatever it's called in Canada).

Stay away from RSX-S with body kits, ricer exhaust etc those are usually shit, well the ones over here in the States. The 3rd one screams rice to me. Have a mechanic check out any care you buy, I will also suggest don't settle. Good luck, and I'll be up front. Acurazine RSX side is pretty dead, you're better going to ClubRSX.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Intermediate

Yea I posted in ClubRSX but that place is pretty dead too haha. Even a quick search through Reddit didn't give a lot of info.

I'll definitely get a mechanic to check it over, might even go to an Acura dealer and pay the premium for that since I'm assuming they want to list out every problem that exists so they can get me to fix them, which I can then use to negotiate a price on.

I just don't know what types of KMs I should be looking at, and what mods are acceptable mods (like if someone adds in a rear sway that's cool, or a CAI that's not a big deal), but like is a fuel rail a big deal, etc.

I agree, the third one seems riced and most likely driven hard, but the price and KMs were acceptable haha.

I feel like if I get a 2002 model, I'll be settling as well, but once again the price tag and KMs are quite attractive haha.

Right now the 2006 silver one is my favorite, I just don't know what a fuel rail mod is and if I should stay away from it!

Thank you!
Old 12-14-2015, 03:12 PM
Team Owner

Guessing the fuel rail might be something along these lines.

DIY: fuel system upgrade (-6AN feed/return/walbro/fuel rail/fpr) install guide! - Club RSX Message Board

I wouldn't go to Acura, because they would probably just pull shit out their ass to say it needs to be replaced. Find a reputable mechanic and take it to him/them.
The following users liked this post:
Polaris (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Team Owner

Also, if you can find one that hasn't been modded.
The following users liked this post:
Polaris (12-14-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

Sweet, glanced through it and it doesn't seem like a huge sort of mod that would be a deal breaker I guess. I really like how that car looks but still...rather be patient

Unfortunately no stock cars right now haha, but I'll be patient haha!
Old 12-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Team Owner

Yes, if you can hold out. Do so, something will come along, or maybe you will be able to save up more cash and get a TL that you used to want.