Integra Integra & RSX Discussion

Acura RSX 2002 Keyless Entry Problem

Old 05-13-2017, 10:23 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura RSX 2002 Keyless Entry Problem

Hello Acurazine!

I have a problem with my keyless entry system in my 2002 RSX which is really frustrating... The thing is, the previous owner just ripped out the keyless entry reciever unit with the cables because I guess he was sick of it or something. I have soldered on new cables with the correct colors and they are plugged 110% correctly inside a new connector for the reviever unit. I've tried to make this work with two different reciever units just to make sure these are not the problem.

The thing is, when I start the programming of the keyfob (Which is original Acura and also has a new battery, and it flashes red when I press a button) it works as it should until the locks starts cycling. Then ONLY the ulocking works, what button I press on the keyfob does not matter, only unlocking the vehicle works. Then, after like half a minute has passed the procedure stop, I try pressing the buttons of the remote but with no reaction... It's like the key fob/remote is forgotten by the keyless reciever unit.

I've measured the values of the four cables that connect to the receiver unit, and I have:

GROUND/BLACK CABLE - Constant 12V
BLUE AND ORANGE CABLE - Constant 12V
WHITE AND RED CABLE - Constant 12V
YELLOW CABLE - 12V with ign on

Do you guys have any experience with this, or could someone please send me a wiring diagram for the keyless entry system. Also if someone could be so helpful by measuring the values on their car I would be most grateful!

Thank you so much in advance!
This is the way the cables are plugged in the connector.

Search this Thread