AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Integra (https://acurazine.com/forums/integra-188/)
-   -   2003 Acura RSX Type S won't start, turn over, click or crank (https://acurazine.com/forums/integra-188/2003-acura-rsx-type-s-wont-start-turn-over-click-crank-967459/)

nemonemo32 02-25-2018 07:45 PM

2003 Acura RSX Type S won't start, turn over, click or crank

I recently got my Acura as a hand me down from a family member. It started just fine, the only problem was that it needed a new CV Axle Shaft and new brakes and rotors since it had been sitting in the driveway for at least a year, unmoved. I tested the car after it had been sitting untouched and it started just fine. I got the axle shaft replaced and the brakes and rotors replaced and a brand new battery. Now the car won't start at all. The battery works just fine, the lights come on on the inside and it beeps whenever the keys are left in the car. Headlights come on just fine. But whenever I go to turn the key to start the car nothing happens. The first time this happened, it would click. Then the days following there would be no noise or movement at all. No clicking or cranking or anything. People are saying that it's a starter problem but others are saying it's something else.

Ron A 02-25-2018 10:20 PM

Welcome to the forums.

This thread has been moved to the model specific forum for better response.

nats007 02-26-2018 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by nemonemo32 (Post 16191503)
I recently got my Acura as a hand me down from a family member. It started just fine, the only problem was that it needed a new CV Axle Shaft and new brakes and rotors since it had been sitting in the driveway for at least a year, unmoved. I tested the car after it had been sitting untouched and it started just fine. I got the axle shaft replaced and the brakes and rotors replaced and a brand new battery. Now the car won't start at all. The battery works just fine, the lights come on on the inside and it beeps whenever the keys are left in the car. Headlights come on just fine. But whenever I go to turn the key to start the car nothing happens. The first time this happened, it would click. Then the days following there would be no noise or movement at all. No clicking or cranking or anything. People are saying that it's a starter problem but others are saying it's something else.

Sounds like they starter for sure. Check the cables going to the starter and make sure they're not damaged. Based on what you described, starter needs to be replaced. I'd get the starter checked at AutoZone before replacing

knavekid 03-04-2018 01:38 PM

It could also be the clutch pedal stopper. This small part closes the switch when the clutch pedal is pushed in all the way. It deteriorates over time and you might find some small pieces of it on the floor when it fails. Search on part number 46505-SA5-000. It is available at any Honda or Acura dealer or several online sellers.

This same part number is also used for the brake light switch and the clutch pedal depressed switch which is used to disengage cruise control. I recommend replacing all three.

Fidel Tham 10-14-2019 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by knavekid (Post 16195330)
It could also be the clutch pedal stopper. This small part closes the switch when the clutch pedal is pushed in all the way. It deteriorates over time and you might find some small pieces of it on the floor when it fails. Search on part number 46505-SA5-000. It is available at any Honda or Acura dealer or several online sellers.

This same part number is also used for the brake light switch and the clutch pedal depressed switch which is used to disengage cruise control. I recommend replacing all three.

Thanks much, I’m gonna try that, I had a feeling there might have been another stopper. 😖😖