Window Visors

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Window Visors

Hi yall. I have a question. Has anyone gotten or tried out window visors yet? Weather-Tech does not carry them for our car..

And which visor fitment do you guys prefer? I love weather-tech mats but their visors come off a little short? I prefer my visors to stop at the edge of the door instead of just the window.
For example.

At the door.

Weather-Tech's

Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Either would be great. I submitted a request to make visors for us. Everyone else should go a request it so they get flooded.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Suzuka Master

tsx^^ I kind of like that look. Doesn't cover the polished window trim.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Either would be great. I submitted a request to make visors for us. Everyone else should go a request it so they get flooded.
Where did you send your request? will do asap as I really wanted a visor..
Old 05-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 127 Likes on 92 Posts
You can submit the request on their website.

I like Weathertech's window visors as they're the only in-channel visors I have seen, the others latch onto the car itself
Old 05-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Suzuka Master

What trentimus said.

Bottom of their site click search by vehicle. When you put in ILX and it finds nothing you can then click to request parts.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Will do later when I get home.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
I would love oe visors I like the way they attach and have never had any issues with oem visors. I really don't want any that don't utilize some type of clip and only really on double sided tape
Old 05-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Just put the request for them still crossing fingers Acura makes some
Old 05-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Instructor

aha, i send a request every month (:
Old 01-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've sent requests for a while now and all I get is "Thank you for your interest in our products!"

I think we're getting closer....
Old 01-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Hey gents I'm a newb at this forum stuff but I'll try to get on point ASAP. Feel free to correct me on stuff. SO - basically I took the initiative and wrote real emails to SEVERAL window visor companies, asking them to take our money. About half responded -weathertech sent autobot response, 2 companies said maybe, 2 flat out said NO, and 1 SAID YES (enthusiastically). I am in contact with the dude and I will be getting test measured sometime next week. I have absolutely no idea how long after they would be produced. I'm pretty sure they would be the simple glue on kind, I've used their products before on my old civic. I believe most of their products are glue on, NOT in channel. It was very high quality tho. I am not naming names until after something actually happens. I will make sure to ask WHEN these would be ready.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Again (NEWB) - this may be the wrong place to post this BUT - bolt on catbck exhaust system coming at you soon! How do I know? Because my car was the test fitment car today. You should hear news in about a month or 2 (thats what I was told). Also coming soon - Intake(s)? Dude said cold air, but he didn't seem sure or something… also stated front strut bar. I will name names at that time.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:26 AM
Suzuka Master

There are abcouple cold air intakes and short ramd available.

Are they going to mock up a rear exit exhaust or turn down?
Any 2012+ civic exhaust will fit with a turn down... should be the same for the previous gen as well.

Upper strut bar can bebdone by hacking into the plastic shroud and there are a couple companies maoong lower front and lpwer rear as well as a trunk brace.

My question is do you have the 2.4 or 2.0
If 2.4 then your catback wont work for all of us. Same for intake.

...back on subject... if they make visors with chrome trim I will buy. If not that sucks.
Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

i have the 2.4L. Nothing was done to the bumper. Completely plug and play. To be honest I wasn't allowed in the little R and D garage - I was shown pictures afterword. Looks like a decent size muffler can showing. Yes, I know others already have some intakes, i just meant this company is making them too. Visors - They are kind of a one trick pony from what I've seen - they make only the black smoke acrylic visors. But they were great on my last car. same quality as weathertech, but name not well known, so cheaper price. I will say from my experience in channel or oem tend to be exact fit (duh) and tape on is a little bit skill involved. You could always just buy chrome trim stuff from autozone. Thats what I plan on doing. I've seen a couple of VIP rides do that to their visors. Basically beggars can't be choosy. If this dude is for real, and he makes it first, I'm going with it. Well - actually I need to ask him before I meet up with him to make sure. I better be getting a free pair if I'm the tester!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Lets see a shot of your muffler!
Did you say it is showing in the rear or is it a turn down?

Ill be purchasing an axle back here soon from Takeda for my 2.0tech. Then soon after just get a good exhaust shop to throw some 2.75in piping between my the aftermarket downpipe and aftermarket axleback.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Nah dont have it on - it was the prototype - they kept the pics. Maybe cuz final tweaks? It was a real quick process to be honest. They were just doing final test fitment before actual production. Dude said they make 50 to 100 sets at a time, so thats why it'll take about a month or 2 to get them all made and when they come in I get first dibs on the actual production model. Then I can show how the car looks with it on. Also - I guess because of forum rules for newbies I'm not allowed to post pics yet? I just joined this site. I was looking for build thread ideas and seeing what people were doing with the car . Then I realized I probably did a LOT more aesthetic stuff then most have so far. I'll post pics of my car as soon as I'm allowed.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh whoops didnt answer your question - prototype WAS showing (muffler can style). Not sticking out a huge amount tho.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey just got off the phone with the window visor guy. He said he CAN make the window visor with chrome already on it. I was very surprised to hear that. He also said he can make a rear roof visor. It will be the acrylic kind that extends further out then the current (only other one I'm aware of) small (my opinion) "VIP inspired" rear roof spoiler (which I currently have). I will remove/sacrifice my rear roof visor for the good of all… wa wa waaaaa…… He said I would get a free production set a month or 2 from now. Got lucky, this dude is only 15-20 minutes from my house. I also forgot to ask about a hood/bug /rock/shield/deflector. If you guys don't know what that is, it's the visor looking thing a LOT of trucks have. I don't think he'll make it tho. I'll ask anyway. I had them on my civic and corolla and it made the car look more aggressive and looks really good when you have all the other visors. Plus it actually does protect from rocks chipping the paint or windshield. SIDE NOTE - there is a car meet today in pomona california at CHA FOR TEA - some people who call themselves media junkies- randomly saw this online just now. Starts at 8pm. I will probably go - gonna go nap now and then head out with my buddy. So if you wanna see my car or meet up lets roll. Again I'm new so I cant start posts yet - feel free to verify what I'm saying and then repost - today is 2014 01 29 and its 1800 as I right this.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Three Wheelin'

HA - write*
Old 01-30-2014, 12:52 AM
Instructor

Wow, I'm excited for these visors! Please man! Darn, I got off work at like 6:30 and hit the gym right away. Cha for tea is like 10-15 mins away from my house, would've loved to drop by.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hey people just got back from the little meet. Seemed like a group of regulars. They said they meet every two weeks. I think they used to meet somewhere else and now this their new spot. It was pretty chill. Younger crowd mostly 18-25 I would say. Not surprising, I mean its right next door to Cal Poly Pomona. Tho there were random older people. Couple "rev" type dudes, but mostly people just hanging in the parking lot talking in their regular little clicks. I'll probably drop by every once in a while. I actually randomly knew one person (acquainted, not well). Apparently there is one every wednesday at fatburger in victorville too. But that would be a mission for me. Maybe if I'm bored or something. I'm looking forward to checking out the So Cal 9's next meet (don't know wherethat will be) and some other little group in puente hills(?). I just got off Active Duty Marine Corps and now I'm a SGT in the reserve. I don't really hang out with anyone other then my best friend, no girlfriend, and I haven't even started school up again yet, so I got a lot of free time right now.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Oh yea cuz I was bored I was doing random google searches for car meets and shows and stuff going on tonight, thats how I found those 2 meets. I found several websites with links to others in various cities, both regular meetups and random events. I just won't mention the site names because I don't know the rules about that on this forum. If there's no rules against posting about meetups, hopefully people can start doing that. If its close enough I'm down.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Well maybe you can talk to him about setting up an informal group buy.
I would be down to help out in getting a first batch made. Definitely with the chrome for me.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah sure why not? I'll ask him about that. I'll see what he says.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey people car meet in san diego tonight at Fuddruckers off Mira Mesa. Starts at 730 tonight. Thats 2 minutes from my Marine Corps base. I wasn't planning on going but then I got a call about handling some stuff… so I guess I'll roll through. Thats a 2 hour trip for me so I might as well kill a couple birds with one stone. Hey there are also 3 or 4 meetups going on tonight in the LA areas. Also around 8-9ish. Google is your friend people. I just posted more about the SD one cuz I'll actually be there.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh yeah - today is January 30th 2014 and it's 1:10 pm right now (for me). I'm not sure where this website is hosted or whatever, but it keeps saying I post at insanely inaccurate times.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Suzuka Master

You just need to change youe time settings. I can see you posted at 1:10..
Old 02-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

All right people update - so now I have a test fit for the visors set on Friday at 1pm. But now the dude is saying it could be 2 months before we see these visors. WTF. Yeah and also I had to call him to follow up on it… I'm getting a vibe maybe he's not serious about it… hope I'm wrong. He was supposed to text or e-mail me the address… He didn't. I dunno maybe he's just lagging it. The place is only 15-20 minutes from my house so I don't really need the address, I could just find it by driving through the area. Yeah kinda stalker-ish, haha. So yeah.. I was hoping quick turnaround… doesn't really sound like it…
Old 02-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

sidenote - the moonroof visor from the 2012 and up civic SUPPOSEDLY fits this car (makes sense). Another guy SAID he had it on (i saw a moonroof visor on his car in pics). I already bought it, but bad weather right now, can't/ don't want to throw it on right now. Will confirm fitment ASAP.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Suzuka Master

I was told it fits perfectly as well.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright people - TEST FITMENT FOR WINDOW VISOR TEMPLATE COMPLETE! AWWWW YEAH! So some good news and bad news… The template will be sent to the manufacturer (gonna keep it real here - TAIWAN) and then a prototype will be sent back to the distributor (dude who did the template). Once he gets that he will hit me up for PROTOTYPE fitment. Then (if no issues, or after they fix issues) they will make a batch of 100. Normally they charge about 40-50 bucks a set, BUT since this set will have chrome lining, it will run more like 60-80 (final price TBD). So heres the bad news - prototype set will take 1-2 moths to get made, and then 1-2 months more for production and shipment of batch of 100. SO - 2-4 months until these actually are available. The dude said probably ready for summer. So... YAY?
Old 02-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Although these will be made in Taiwan - I have used their visors before on my previous cars. They were really high quality smoked acrylic - comparable to Weathertech. Although I would say Weathertech's in channel system, with its clips, is a little nicer overall. But it is also more expensive. Just saying - it's not your normal cheap-ass knockoff stuff from China or Taiwan. He also said he MAY produce a rear roof visor and a bug deflector for the car. He did not take templates from my car though. He said he needs a stand-alone hood by itself to take the template for the bug deflector. I already have a rear roof visor on, so he didn't take a template for one. He said he'll probably buy the one I have off of egay, and then use those measurements to come out with an acrylic rear roof visor that extends out more. So that could be an option for some of you dudes if you're willing to wait like 4 months (at least) for the rear roof visor.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey people I was able to put the moonroof visor on. Couple important notes. The bolts have a torque value. I did not have a torque wrench so i just payed a master honda/acura tech to throw it on for me. I attempted to do it myself, but on doing some research on the 9th gen civic forums, I found out that a lot of the people who did it themselves had ended up either scraping their paint, leaving it loose enough where it whistled loudly, left indents from over-tightening, or cracked the visor itself. The tech charged me less then half what the dealership wanted. it took him about 45 mins to install. I can tell you that its one of those things where you can see its very simple, but also very easy to do wrong. If you have the right tools, and are willing set aside at least an hour to play it safe, i'd say do it on your own. If not, save the guesswork and regret and just find a tech who will do it right for cheap.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Hey people. Update I called the dude today about the window visors…. still in production… he said to call him back in mid to late April for update… wtf…. whyyyyyyyyyy NOOOOOOOOO….. yeah so waiting game continues… Cmon competitors - TAKE MY MONEY!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet finally a forum thats some what active about this model. thank you Aomechmarine for taking the initiative on getting us some visors. i'll definitely be taking a set if they come out looking good.
The following users liked this post:
aomechmarine (03-26-2014)
Old 03-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

At this point, I'll take 'em if they look ok/whack… if some really low brand made them, I'd just take 'em to a body shop and get them painted. These should look good tho. Really dark smoked acrylic almost black, but still see through. With chrome lining. Don't think I'll get these painted, my car is black, it will still look great, and not decrease visibility.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:05 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
window visors
Old 04-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright so today I will be contacting window visor maker dude for an update. It's taking a long time and I am getting frustrated. SO, I have come up with another possible solution. I'm going to start contacting carbon fiber / composites auto parts manufacturers and see if someone will one off make a set, or make a few sets. Keep in mind, this is more of a last resort, depending on what happens today when I contact the window visor company. Problem right off the bat with carbon fiber window visors - price. We're talking $200+. maybe around $200 if enough sets are produced to bring the price down. (IF) they make them. At some point, SOMEONE will make the visors in acrylic plastic, and they will be $100 or less, so again something to think about for you people out there. Problem #2 -unless you paint it (more$$$), the clear coat on carbon fiber doesn't tend to last very long. It end up looking really bad, so you have to either paint it or get it clear coated every few years ($$$). There are now carbon fiber hoods available for our car - DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY! price I saw was $999.99. The stock hood is aluminum, already lightweight, weight savings would be minimal at best. What is not minimal is the amount of structural integrity your hood strength would lose. There is a reason why carbon fiber hoods are "for off road use only". It will get destroyed in a fender bender that the stock hood would walk away from. You would need to purchase hood latches, and either paint it or get clear coat every few years (more $$$). I would suggest looking at the ILX endurance racer for reference on this. They simply got hood vents on the stock aluminum hood to reduce weight and help the engine breathe better. Has both function and form in my opinion.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Alright cool, so I talked to the visor guy ver the phone. I got real excited for a second because he said he needed my car again... for test fitment to make another prototype. According to him, the prototype came in but the fitment was off. Sounds like BS to me. How would he know fitment was off if he didn't test fit on my car. Damn I hate being smart sometimes. Its super aggravating when dumb people tell you dumb lies you can easily call BS on... Anyway, as right now this is one of our only options, and this guy is only 15 minutes from my house, EFF it, I will keep trying... I expect these to now be pushed back for 3-4 months from now. At the same time, I will now begin contacting possible carbon fiber manufacturers. I already looked up info on some, but was frustrated to find many, if not most, were in China. I found one in the LA area. I will be contacting them TODAY. If ANYONE thinks they can get these made or has suggestions feel free to pitch in some effort here people. Steal my thunder - get these made!

Quick Reply: Window Visors