Vibration from engine at very low speed/acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 06:04 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration from engine at very low speed/acceleration

i have a 2016 Acura ILX. Only poured premium octane. Went on vacation for a week and found out the wife filled the tank twice with 87 octane. Ever since have had a engine vibration sound at low speeds with very slight acceleration. I’m not sure if it’s engine ping because not sure what that sounds like but essentially it’s like a rattling vibration from the engine bay. Took to dealership and they say nothing is wrong and can’t find anything especially because there is no error codes. Any insights into this? Is it normal and or is there some way to get rid of the sound or is it normal to the car.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
The ILX can handle 87 octane. It does not hurt the engine but the general consensus is that you won't get max power nor optimal mpg with 87. Did you resume filling it with premium?

I should add there's a ton of posts about fuel and octane here. Search, if you want to find out other's experiences.

Last edited by WheelMcCoy; 11-25-2017 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Fuel posts.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:38 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I resumed right away. I did search but nothing mentioned that vibration sound just said it was better to go with manufacturer recommendation. I automatically assumed it was engine pinging but wasn’t 100 percent sure because I’ve never experienced it before so not sure what to do. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong or damaging the car.