usdmJON's 2013 ILX build

Old 07-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Funny because I speak fluent english regardless of where Im typing writing or speaking. Grammar, spelling, and a decent vocabulary have been lost to the masses.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Most ALL of my posts are done through my phone during small breaks at work. No excuse for sounding like an idiot.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 PM
'06 RL Tech

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Most ALL of my posts are done through my phone during small breaks at work. No excuse for sounding like an idiot.
I agree that it wasn't the best, and I wouldn't do it like that, regardless, but we all understood it. Hopefully next time the posts will be in a better format or he'll just tell us to "get a life" and/or f* off.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Hahahaha Youre being far more accepting than I.
He shouldnt have posted about getting a hook up. Not how hook ups work. Could have been a private message since it had NOTHING to do with my thread. On top of that he sounds like some ghetto dillhole trying to get someones digits. I didnt hear a please I just heard "Writing comprehension owns me."
The following users liked this post:
rockstar143 (09-06-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 08:58 PM
'06 RL Tech

You're right, but this thread is all over the place.

What's next for the ILX?
Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
need more low. LOL
Damn I should be the one lowering my car, atleast you people have spring installed already. :/
Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 AM
mr_tsxranjha

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ok guys. i didnt mean to disrespect any of you. i just saw that he knew someone that can get some gloss vinyl for cheap and i jumped at the chance. i thought this site was for peoples cars and not grammar. but since you guys got offended i apologize. anyways great mods to your car!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Suzuka Master

lol not offended man. Just thought the approach was funny. Private message him so hes not putting his hook up on blast. I wouldnt give someone a deal if they asked infront of other people. Ya know?
Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by chinoxii
need more low. LOL
Damn I should be the one lowering my car, atleast you people have spring installed already. :/
Believe me in the future youll have competition for the lowest ilx. Im just playing it smart while shes leased.

Originally Posted by JMJ3rd
You're right, but this thread is all over the place.
What's next for the ILX?
Im not trying to be right; just a dick.

Ive got a few things floating around. Fabricating a new cold air intake. Downpipe + exhaust. And just a swapping of all cheaper quality parts like bushings and such. I also want to tackle that understeer issue that plagues fwd cars. That could be better front tires, rear sway bar, new shocks, leave the front near the same stiffness but stiffen the back up some.
Then whens its not leased ill start some weight reduction. Trouble will be trying to maintain the luxury and not forgo what the car was intended to be for better handling characteristics.
My ilx will always be a luxury car before a race car so my build is going to remain pretty balanced on form and function.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:05 PM
'06 RL Tech

Im not trying to be right; just a dick.
Honesty is a virtue!

I like the thoughts on the car. Unfortunately for me, pretty much all mods are on hold. My wife just found out that her job is ending, after 15yrs, in September. So, only the pre-paid and very minor things will be done.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Ouch after 15yrs? Thats harsh. When I was at my old job working as a server at a Sushi Bar we had the nicest older lady that worked with us. She basically ran the front desk and taught all the hosts. She was pushing probably 15yrs as well and was let go because they were simply tired of paying her the wages she had built up for the last decade and a half.

I wish you both the best of luck in her finding a job and you maintaining that security.
I am at the age where moving out is in the VERY near future. Right now Im not making what I need to move out but at the end of the year I will be so chances are what I don't do with this tax return and money saved until then will get put on hold while I figure out my living situation.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 PM
'06 RL Tech

I wish you both the best of luck in her finding a job and you maintaining that security.
Thanks! It's not about money that she is paid, from the doctor she works for, but the way Medicaid dictates he runs his business to be paid by them. Her job has been put out because of Medicaid. We'll do what we need to, to make it. Make sure y'all keep working in case I have to become one of the 47% with a nice ride and an Obama phone!
Old 07-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Not sure where you were going with that. I honestly couldn't catch your tone but watch out with anything for or against medicare. I may not agree with all the choices the democrats make (my own views sway right and left) but I for one am very for these new medicare laws. My aunt and uncle whom were previously denied insurance for different reasons as well as a girl friend of mine was denied insurance due to epilepsy and my best friend due to the open heart surgery his parents were forced to go in debt for to save his life while he was just a baby can now also sign up for insurance previously denied to him by evil companies that dont want to provide health care to people that might actually use it.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:10 AM
'06 RL Tech

It wasn't a slight for or against Medicare or Medicade, just what is happening to doctors and their staffs so that they can continue to do business with them.

Anyways, I'll pick up my ILX in an hour or so!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Work Meisters

Modular VX110
Old 07-21-2013, 06:50 AM
'06 RL Tech

Those look outstanding! Not just the cars, but the whole package. I have to learn that program one day.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your photo skills are great. The car looks simple and clean so far. Can't wait to see more
Old 07-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 88 Posts
Looks great. How does it drive?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Suzuka Master

Are you asking because of the last picture I posted? If so that's a photoshop.
Im just on H&R springs with oem wheels. Rides perfectly fine. Lil bouncy but fine.

Front plate back on... front tint soon to be off.
Both due to a fix it ticket. Could have been far worse but the cop was a nice guy and turned a 20pmh over speeding ticket into a fix it ticket. Sadly, a few days later I get pulled over again for speeding and got a ticket for 16mph over the limit. Let it be known, Im ready for some coilovers now to drop her so low I couldn't drive fast if I wanted to.
Also took the plastidip off the wheels.

So once Ive got these tickets paid off I'll be starting my build in further depth. I've done some research into parts and have a solid shopping list set up.

Heres what I got
Motor:
intake - spectre/blow/aem/injen/fujita/art
downpipe - megan
exhaust - magnaflow custom 2.5-2.75/vibrant/megan to turn down
intake manifold - weaponR
intake revamp - blox/heatwrap/spectre
throttle body and spacer - p2r/maxbore
Then Finally FlashPro! And lots of weight reduction.

Suspension:
wheels tbd
coilover or bags tbd
rear sway bar - eibach/asr
subframe brace - asr/custom
camber kit - asr
rear bracing - cusco/custom
brake kit from a TL

Cosmetic:
white reverse lights and plate lights but i want halogens. LEDs are obnoxious in my opinion
white drls - halogen so i dont lose my high beams
fog bulbs - yellow non hid
debadge maybe
vinyl gloss black roof AND fin
smoked rear lights
full oe kit and new retrofitted front lip
vip parts - jp/dad/custom

Anywhere I only have one option I need to do more searching. I dont buy parts when only ONE company is offering it... well I try not to.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:44 PM
'06 RL Tech

Front plate back on... front tint soon to be off.
Both due to a fix it ticket. Could have been far worse but the cop was a nice guy and turned a 20pmh over speeding ticket into a fix it ticket. Sadly, a few days later I get pulled over again for speeding and got a ticket for 16mph over the limit. Let it be known, Im ready for some coilovers now to drop her so low I couldn't drive fast if I wanted to.
Damn. I thought I was unsafe. Glad none of you live where you could endanger someone I love.
Hmmmmmm...

Why the tint? Is tint illegal on the front where you are, or just below a certain percent?
Old 07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
It's illegal here in So Cal

I think I'm going to install my plate soon too
Old 07-26-2013, 08:37 PM
'06 RL Tech

Originally Posted by neveronlineilx
It's illegal here in So Cal
We can legally have up to 25% on the front with the label. Texas Tint

Windows immediately to the right and left of the driver that have less than 25% light transmission will fail inspection, regardless of the year model of the vehicle. There are exemptions to this.

Chapter 21 of the Texas Administrative Code (TAC), TXDPS requires that only one label be attached to the rearmost, bottom corner of the driver’s side window of the vehicle. The passenger side is optional. The content of the label shall include “Complies with TRC Chapter 547” (or “Complies with TTC 547.613 (b)” which is currently utilized). Any other information on the label, including the installer’s name, is optional.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Racer

In so cal any tint on driver, passenger windows or windshield are illegal. No ifs and or butts Cali sucks for laws regarding cars trust me I've gotten tickets for just about everything at some point lol. Here's some of my citations other than exhibition of speed or speeding lol...

Unsafe vehicle ride height, illegal headlights, front plate too low, no front plate, tint on driver and passenger windows, modified exhaust, no third brake light, headlights too low, sent to referee for engine mods and I'm sure I'm forgetting some lol

Gotta love Cali
Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, Cali is no front tint period. Only reason I got it though was because of my speeds. I honestly plan on taking the tint off myself, for free. Front plate is already on. I live by a few cops so Im going to see if they can sign off on it before I go to court so I can just present the ticket and walk. If not Ill have to pay some fee, probably $15 bucks then save for 2 weeks and throw the tint right back on. Fix it tickets to my knowledge are erased once fixed so a cop in the future wont know of this incident.
Front plate... I dont know. It made me happy once I put it back on. I like how it looks without but I do like my front plate frame. hahaha And it fits perfectly without obstructing any air ways or accent lines so Im cool with it.

Never seen license plate too low but headlights too low for sure.
Cops can be dicks. Tappin on your headlights, pullin our their lil imported motor guide.
I love the "Yeah everything seems to have a sticker where needs be."
"Officer, my car is stock there are no stickers period."
Assholes.

And neveronline you got me. But I see a difference still. Im not trying to race anybody. There were simply no cars around me at such an early hour and I drive that quickly down that road almost every day. Its pretty secluded two lanes either way road with no houses or anything connected for a while. I see a difference than simply trying to race the car next to me. No?
Old 07-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Racer

Actually Jon any tickets you get will be visible to the cops if they check, I don't know if it just comes up when they run you plate or what but I know the can see past violations. My wife got a ticket for tint and then later down the road a cop pulled her over and brought up the tint ticket.

A judge threatened me in traffic court saying that if I was sighted for too low again he would have my car impounded for 30 days. Some tickets were assigned fines like tint used to be 110.00 for the ticket but I think all fix it tickets are $10.00 again, but I'm 100% sure. Let us know how it turns out and I hope it's just the $10.00
Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Racer

License plate has to be 14.5 inch off the ground, headlights need to be 21 or 21.5 inches off the ground and unsafe ride height is any part of the car that sits below the lowest point of the wheel.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 AM
Suzuka Master

hmmm So maybe Ill leave my plate on just to fix one issue then put the tint back on once its signed off. I love the tint, Ill just be careful not to speed and give anyone a reason to pull me over.
The asshole cops, which are most of them, tend to be nice to me because I have an Oak Tree Gun Club license plate frame. 26 precincts train there so they all know it. LAPD, my local PD, has their own range on our property. Regardless of where I am going I say Im headed to or from Oak Tree Gun Club. They then ask what Im doing there or straight up ask if I work there. If I can say Im the warehouse supervisor they tend to back off any citation they were going to give. It's the honest cops that will still give the ticket; and I really can't blame those guys.
So my theory, if I dont give them a real reason to pull me over, like endangering others or myself by speeding, they shouldn't care that I have front tint or no front plate. Plus, being in such a nice and new car they figure Im an older gentlemen. Its really teenagers they want to bust for tinted windows; not adults.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:56 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Now that is LOVE !
Old 07-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Suzuka Master

I honestly love this car. I was just telling someone at work who felt I take too much care of it that its a catalyst to my future. I needed this for peace of mind when it comes to transportation. I know I will always have a car. And if I dont I get a car until mine is given back.
I can now start to save for my future. Sure I have good sized monthly payments. But I am meeting them now at my starting rate with comfortable paying for other habits. With an expected good size raise coming soon I should be able to look at moving out.
So for now this car is my baby until I get a home. Then the home will be my baby until I meet a girl worth taking for the ride.

Until then, I'll have some time to save for wheels and a bunch of other goodies. Probably going to leave the suspension as is. Not sure where my mind will be at come tax season.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Fresh wax.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Suzuka Master

3SDM 0.05
Only come in EDM specs but I think Im going to make them fit.

These and the Rotiforms are at the top of my list. Rotiforms actually come in 5x114 so theyd be easier.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:22 AM
'06 RL Tech

Very nice!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Racer

I'm leaning toward the toto forms but both will look good!
Old 08-03-2013, 10:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Thanks. Personally im liking these 3sdms most. Ive always loved the fat 5 spoke designs. These are like perfect they just arent super light.
But these will take extra modding or additional parts take make fit since they are 5x112. I see more jdm/usdm tuners on rotiforms since their drilled to our spec.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
I love how this is a chat and build thread...those are my favorite threads because they're more fun to follow. Good stuff with your progression. Sorry about the cop trouble -- this is one of the reasons why I tend not to get too into builds, but rather adding simple bolt-ons to wake the car up a little. In my life as a tuner -- I've never encountered a douche cop or anything. Only issue I had was a reckless driving, but I got that taken off my record and I had that coming to me.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Suzuka Master

No worries about the cops. My fault. Not detouring me away from tuning any. Infact, I want to buy coilovers more now so I can dump her and wouldnt be able to drive fast even if I wanted to.

Recently I have had my eye on a Springfield MC Operator or TRP... Either would be bought with my tax return which means wheels would be pushed back.

MC Operator
My price -$800 originally $1,300

TRP
My price -$950 originally $1500

msrp... roughly $900-$1000 depending on website and shipping WITHOUT rubber.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Im leaning toward the operator.
I really like the OD Green on black and the rail is a great addition the TRP lacks. The TRP is an all around better gun but the overall look, rail, and price difference make the Operator a little more appealing.

It would also leave me about half way to where I need to get for wheels.
So I might be taking that route. Buy the MC Operator, leaving me with 400-500 to save for wheels. From there Ill save up for rubber and some custom paint.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Racer

Thanks. Personally im liking these 3sdms most. Ive always loved the fat 5 spoke designs. These are like perfect they just arent super light.
But these will take extra modding or additional parts take make fit since they are 5x112. I see more jdm/usdm tuners on rotiforms since their drilled to our spec.
I really like the wheel! and I agree with everything you said. I think its why I love Regas the fat 5 looks so classic. Motegi makes atwo piece wheel that I could not get out of my head for the longest (most would think its the ugliest thing on earth but I like them and I saw an Old school RX7 on them and reall liked them. I think its the MR224 dark grey center and Polished lip. (My wife thought I was crazy when I showed her them) they come in some aggressive fitments too + 5x114.3
Old 08-05-2013, 07:07 PM
'06 RL Tech

Recently I have had my eye on a Springfield MC Operator or TRP... Either would be bought with my tax return which means wheels would be pushed back.

MC Operator
My price -$800 originally $1,300

TRP
My price -$950 originally $1500
Nice choices! We may need to speak about your prices!

I'm looking for a 9 for my wife, but it will have to wait until the job situation looks brighter.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Suzuka Master

I work for a gunrange. I get guns at 10% over costs where dealers normally sell for 20-25% above cost.
Springfield though has a rep discount we can use which is 22% UNDER cost for springfields only and only one rifle and pistol per year per employee.

That being said, guns need to go through background checks and handing a gun over requires paperwork and large transfer fees. If my work saw me buying guns at discount then a week later I dont own the gun anymore Id be liable to get fired. Sorry mang!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: usdmJON's 2013 ILX build