Updated ILX OEM Lip Kit Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Updated ILX OEM Lip Kit Pricing

Good morning, all.
I'm not sure if this is interesting or helpful at all, but I see a lot on here about people wanting the OEM lip kit. I think they really change the look of the car. I have a 14.
I reached out to my contact at the dealership yesterday, and he got back to me with updated pricing. He's not a sales guy, but who knows if he's upcharging. He's a tech/service guy.
I figured I'd share it so maybe it'll spare someone some research.
Does this seem like it's highly overpriced, or is this about what I should expect?
Attached is my original email and his response.
Thanks.

If i'm understanding him correctly, Acura wants $2,585 all in for the kit and spoiler?
Who the hell would pay that?
Oh well, figured I'd share.

EDIT: I dont know anything about installation, and I'm not a very DIY guy. I would have to pay someone to install. Just wanted to edit that before someone says "you can do it in your driveway".

Last edited by KorbenDallas_SC; 10-26-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:26 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Always seemed like they'd sell a lot more if the prices were more reasonable - closer to 50% the asking material/labor. Keep in mind they can be very negotiable on these when buying from a dealer; nice place to make up any difference in closing the deal.

Anyways, if the install is anything like on the TLX the side underbody is the only one that does not require drilling into the panels and relatively extensive disassembly of adjacent body work.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Intermediate

appreciate the info, and 100% agreed that it doesnt seem like that much material needed for that price.

he did surprise me and said that they would still install it, even if i didnt buy it from them. i was under the impression acura dealerships would not install it if it didnt come through them.
For reference, this is a Hendrick Acura, who have 97 dealerships in 14 states, so a pretty powerful dealership group.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:41 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
My local dealer had a sell off on these for 800 CAD, the entire kit including the spoiler. Not installed of course.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
He didnt change the pricing. He stated the $600 is for the lip + labor.

They want 300 labor. This is typical labor for a dealer which is going to rob you blind. All 3 pieces require cutting holes out in the bumper/skirt and the front and rear requires taking them bumpers off completely. This is why they are charging 3 hours labor.

Google search OEM Acura parts or Delray Acura or Bernardi and pick up the kit from wherever it is cheapest. Then call local body shops and tell them you have an OEM lip kit you want installed. A decent shop should charge around 60-80 hourly and tell you ill take about 2 hours tops per piece. Really 5 hours should be enough to do it all and at -100 per hour the labor shouldnt set you back anymore than $500.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:06 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aksilx
My local dealer had a sell off on these for 800 CAD, the entire kit including the spoiler. Not installed of course.
Are you shittin me
Old 10-27-2017, 08:36 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Google search OEM Acura parts or Delray Acura or Bernardi and pick up the kit from wherever it is cheapest.
That is a nice looking ILX in your profile, JON, got any pics of the back?
Old 10-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Intermediate

He didnt change the pricing. He stated the $600 is for the lip + labor.

They want 300 labor. This is typical labor for a dealer which is going to rob you blind. All 3 pieces require cutting holes out in the bumper/skirt and the front and rear requires taking them bumpers off completely. This is why they are charging 3 hours labor.

Google search OEM Acura parts or Delray Acura or Bernardi and pick up the kit from wherever it is cheapest. Then call local body shops and tell them you have an OEM lip kit you want installed. A decent shop should charge around 60-80 hourly and tell you ill take about 2 hours tops per piece. Really 5 hours should be enough to do it all and at -100 per hour the labor shouldnt set you back anymore than $500.
That makes sense, thanks
Old 10-28-2017, 03:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by fissile
That is a nice looking ILX in your profile, JON, got any pics of the back?
Thanks. Will be parting out some stuff soon.

Check out my progress thread. Last page has the most up to date pics with shots of the rear.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acura-i...889943/page28/
Old 10-30-2017, 10:29 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by aksilx

which acura dealer?
Old 10-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. Will be parting out some stuff soon.

Check out my progress thread. Last page has the most up to date pics with shots of the rear.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acura-i...889943/page28/
Woah now, are you selling it? 😦
Old 10-31-2017, 02:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ApexAcura
Woah now, are you selling it? 😦
Yep. Probably going to trade it in as is... well without the wheels.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:50 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep. Probably going to trade it in as is... well without the wheels.
Damn man, whoever picks it up will have a beauty though. Staying in the ILX scene or trying something new? Maybe with more aftermarket options 😂
Old 11-02-2017, 01:22 AM
Suzuka Master

100% something with more aftermarket options.

Im leaning toward the Infiniti Q50 but not ruling out the Lexus IS350 yet.

So far someone contacted me on instagram and wants my VIP parts and intake/downpipe. But I dont want to hassle with taking the coils off myself so when I start talking to dealers I'll pretty much just ask what they want. I have all the stock parts I can just hand over if they want to convert some stuff back themselves but I personally dont want to take the time to take the parts off nor do I want to pay a shop to do it. Pretty much Im just gonna ask for trade in minus a couple grand to "fix" the mods I made.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 206 Likes on 174 Posts
I have all the stock parts I can just hand over if they want to convert some stuff back themselves but I personally dont want to take the time to take the parts off nor do I want to pay a shop to do it. Pretty much Im just gonna ask for trade in minus a couple grand to "fix" the mods I made.
Been there too many times The ILX has a very small market and hasn't had much aftermarket attention. There are parts designed for the '14+ Si that fit some of the iterations (not DI), but overall, you have to make your own or modify to fit. The good part is, minor mods make it stand out so much, yours being an example. This car is really a diamond in the rough. If it's the power that is the problem, 4Piston can fix that.
quote: The ultimate 2.7L STROKER Drag Race engine for those that want maximum performance. Over 400whp with our cylinder head on gasoline and over 450whp on methanol.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:17 AM
Suzuka Master

So you're suggesting dropping a brand new motor into an ILX? Sounds like a waste of money to me. You drop motors into iconic cars... not an ILX.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:59 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by neildam
which acura dealer?
North Toronto

this was a while ago though
Old 11-05-2017, 02:58 PM
Burning Brakes

So you're suggesting dropping a brand new motor into an ILX? Sounds like a waste of money to me. You drop motors into iconic cars... not an ILX.
Oh come on, what's more iconic than a Civic in a tux? I went another direction and am quite pleased with my choice. Knowing that the computer is programed to self-tune, and to try to keep my valves clean ('16 with DI), I started using ACES IV from BND in 92 octane and it became a whole new car. If I stuff it under 20 mph I get flashing lights and shaky steering wheel from computer intrusion even with 245x35x18 PSS.
It appears they tuned it on a much higher octane, and she be real happy. A city car with outstanding milage able to piss off it's computer is plenty.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Suzuka Master

When I say iconic I mean a 48 chevy pickup. That is something you drop a motor into.

A 2013-17 Acura ILX is anything but iconic. If you showed me someone who went out of pocket for a brand new 450+hp K series then further went out of pocket to drop it into a 2013+ ILX Id show you someone with too much money to spend and a lack of creativity. If you have that kind of money you are insane if you spend it on an ILX. Are you being serious or pulling my leg here? I think youre pulling my leg. For that money you could buy a 450hp car that turns more heads than an ILX.

Also, these computers dont really self-tune. If you start to run lean itll adjust but that's about as far as the computer will tune itself. I'd be careful man.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Burning Brakes

When I say iconic I mean a 48 chevy pickup. That is something you drop a motor into.

A 2013-17 Acura ILX is anything but iconic. If you showed me someone who went out of pocket for a brand new 450+hp K series then further went out of pocket to drop it into a 2013+ ILX Id show you someone with too much money to spend and a lack of creativity. If you have that kind of money you are insane if you spend it on an ILX. Are you being serious or pulling my leg here? I think youre pulling my leg. For that money you could buy a 450hp car that turns more heads than an ILX.

Also, these computers dont really self-tune. If you start to run lean itll adjust but that's about as far as the computer will tune itself. I'd be careful man.
Not really pulling your leg, but I'm stupid that way, I've built wheelstanding 4 doors. So far I'm only using chemistry, but I got plans...