Tires alternative

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:39 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Tires alternative

I own a 2013 ILX (the 2.4 fwiw). It's no secret our car is...loud. Well I just replaced my original Michelin Pilots with a set of Michelin Primacy tires. SIGNIFICANTLY quieter. Tire roar is almost gone. I've been able to dramatically turn down the radio volume as the radio now only has to contend with engine buzz and bumps in the road that reverberate through the chassis (muted some by the tires, but not to the same degree). Also, the tires seem to ride a lot softer while still maintaining strong poise going around corners. We'll see if they last as long as the Pilots did (64k miles), but for now they are highly recommended.

Last edited by rocket354; 01-16-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
After the break in period can you compare MPG gain..? The pilots I have are definitely louder then the stock michelins. the noise is not a big deal to me, i see a lot of others really care tho.
I am interested in getting some eco tires next time to see the difference... i don't always care about getting maximum MPG, but I enjoy being a nerd and seeing whats possible...