Some Updates to the Whip.... - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Notices

Some Updates to the Whip....

 
Old 04-19-2015, 08:55 AM
  #41  
Registered Member
 
usdmJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,409
Thanked 800 Times in 649 Posts
Whoa. Never saw the bride seat. Awesome. More pics?

Can't wait to see the wheels on. Ce28s? Can't see much but they look like ce28s to me.
usdmJON is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 09:47 AM
  #42  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON View Post
Whoa. Never saw the bride seat. Awesome. More pics?

Can't wait to see the wheels on. Ce28s? Can't see much but they look like ce28s to me.
Sshhhh...! Haha
Triscuit is offline  
Old 04-19-2015, 10:24 AM
  #43  
Registered Member
 
usdmJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,409
Thanked 800 Times in 649 Posts
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
Sshhhh...! Haha
I mean rotas. They look like rotas.
usdmJON is offline  
Old 04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
  #44  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Took some crappy iPhone pictures today.

Here is a better one of the seat. I'm a 34 waist well 32 really and it fits my hips snug, but not tight. I didn't miss the seat warmer in the winter. As long as I have heat I'm good.

Name:  4A5E7117-3DD5-4C6C-BEF3-5C2079CA9F12.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  116.3 KB

And now onto the wheels. The 18x9.5 +28 pokes a little, but not much. The tire is about 15-20mm away from the strut. It also rubs on hard bumps.

The 18x8.5 +30 has a lot more clearance. I've added a 5mm spacer to make it sit more flush. It does not rub on any type of bump. I could run the 8.5 all around, but I feel like it would look too recessed in the wheel well. The tires are 255/35 & 245/40/18 respectfully. I do chase the ruts in the road more, but for the extra lateral grip it's worth it.



Triscuit is offline  
Old 04-29-2015, 03:21 PM
  #45  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 31
Posts: 183
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
any side shots?
le^2 is offline  
Old 05-02-2015, 10:14 AM
  #46  
'15 ILX CBP 2.4
 
mvidal6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pomona, CA
Posts: 162
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON View Post
I mean rotas. They look like rotas.
Rota boys.

Side note: I wondered how RE30's would look with an ILX not to shabby but those rotas look better
mvidal6 is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 11:05 PM
  #47  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Here is a crappy side profile.

Name:  image_1.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  210.0 KB
Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 05:42 PM
  #48  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 109
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
that driver's seat is the sh*t! haha any idea on weight savings o.O
Im about to put 5mm spacers on 17x8 +35. I like the current set up looks cleeeeean!
k24ilx is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 07:52 AM
  #49  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by k24ilx View Post
that driver's seat is the sh*t! haha any idea on weight savings o.O
Im about to put 5mm spacers on 17x8 +35. I like the current set up looks cleeeeean!

I wanna say the stock seat is about 45-65 pounds. It's heavy with all the motors in it. This seat and rail is about 12-15, so a significant difference. Yeah I like these wheels, but I am currently getting my RE30's powder coated gold. So I'll have two to switch between for the summer.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-05-2015, 03:48 PM
  #50  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 109
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
can't wait to see how it they look mounted
k24ilx is offline  
Old 07-03-2015, 09:52 AM
  #51  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by k24ilx View Post
can't wait to see how it they look mounted

A quick sneak peak...






Going on this



I'm trying a reverse staggered set-up. 245/40/18 18x8 in the front. 225/45/17 17x7.5 in the rear. I need the car to rotate in auto-x.

Last edited by Triscuit; 07-03-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 09:36 PM
  #52  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 109
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Interesting set up, I think I will run 245/40/17 on a 17x8 all the way around when i change my tires, any ideas on which tires you will use?
k24ilx is offline  
Old 07-06-2015, 09:39 AM
  #53  
Registered Member
 
OSUBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 326
Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts
IMHO - for the price I paid I couldn't find a better all-season ultra high performance tire than the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2.

Check the specs - if you find a better tire (traction Rating + Life Span) for the same price or lower PLEASE let me know.
OSUBeaver is offline  
Old 07-07-2015, 07:15 AM
  #54  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by k24ilx View Post
Interesting set up, I think I will run 245/40/17 on a 17x8 all the way around when i change my tires, any ideas on which tires you will use?

These are strictly summer wheels, so I'm running Bridgestone RE760's all around. Great all season tires I've ran in the past are Continental Extreme DWS.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 08-16-2015, 05:36 PM
  #55  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Finally was able to take some decent pictures of the new setup. Got my old RE30's powder coated, but switched it up on rear size. The specs are 18x8 +44 235/40/18 w/ a 20mm spacer up front and 17x7.5 225/45/17 w/ a 25mm spacer in the rear. I love how the car rotates off throttle on the auto-x course. I get a lot of complements, but I feel like they'll draw the wrong attention too.









Triscuit is offline  
Old 08-16-2015, 07:04 PM
  #56  
Registered Member
 
usdmJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,409
Thanked 800 Times in 649 Posts
Cant really even tell the rears are 17. Im impressed.

Why did you opt for a smaller rear wheel? Weight?

I too have a feeling those wheels may draw the wrong attention and get 5-0 knocking on your door. A nice deep gunmetal or even Volk's Mag Blue would be KILLER and less attention seeking.

I do LOVE how the gold works with the turn signal reflectors in that third pic though!!

Do the Bridgestones not perform well out of season? Im thinking about going with something other than Falken for my next set up but not sure where to go. Was thinking Toyo but I hear a lot of great things about both tires you commented on, the Bridgestones and Continentals.
usdmJON is offline  
Old 08-16-2015, 07:19 PM
  #57  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON View Post
Cant really even tell the rears are 17. Im impressed.

Why did you opt for a smaller rear wheel? Weight?

I too have a feeling those wheels may draw the wrong attention and get 5-0 knocking on your door. A nice deep gunmetal or even Volk's Mag Blue would be KILLER and less attention seeking.

I do LOVE how the gold works with the turn signal reflectors in that third pic though!!

Do the Bridgestones not perform well out of season? Im thinking about going with something other than Falken for my next set up but not sure where to go. Was thinking Toyo but I hear a lot of great things about both tires you commented on, the Bridgestones and Continentals.

The smaller rears are narrower for better rotation when auto-xing. Reverse staggered wheels with a thicker rear sway bar are great for FWD cars. Stability on the high way may suffer, but only at high rates of speed.

These RE760's are strictly a summer tire, but since California never see's temperatures below 40 you should be safe. I'll be switching these out for my stocks with winter tires once the temps get below 40.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 08-16-2015, 07:23 PM
  #58  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 21
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good clean look! I'm not a fan of white wheels personally but its a nice job.
whitesoxsfan12 is offline  
Old 08-19-2015, 12:50 PM
  #59  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by whitesoxsfan12 View Post
Good clean look! I'm not a fan of white wheels personally but its a nice job.
The whites have been powder coated gold now. It's on page 2.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-16-2016, 07:42 PM
  #60  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Recently installed the Injen SP Cold Air Intake, along with my RV6 catted downpipe and Hondata Re-Flash. Uploaded a video to Youtube so you can hear the sound.

Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-17-2016, 12:15 PM
  #61  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 60
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Great thread totally missed this, thanks for the update!
ILXDyna is offline  
Old 05-20-2016, 11:32 AM
  #62  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Another preview!


Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-20-2016, 03:35 PM
  #63  
Registered Member
 
usdmJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,409
Thanked 800 Times in 649 Posts
Daaaamn. I dunno man. RE30s are my all time favorite Volks. Not in the color you had. But in that Mag Blue... OMG. Or white. Loved when they were white.

These will look good too. IMO better than the RE30s in gold since I didnt like that color too much.
usdmJON is offline  
Old 05-20-2016, 03:43 PM
  #64  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON View Post
Daaaamn. I dunno man. RE30s are my all time favorite Volks. Not in the color you had. But in that Mag Blue... OMG. Or white. Loved when they were white.

These will look good too. IMO better than the RE30s in gold since I didnt like that color too much.
I'm thinking about doing them in red. I still have them and will never sell them. These will be my intermediate wheels.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-20-2016, 04:49 PM
  #65  
Registered Member
 
usdmJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,409
Thanked 800 Times in 649 Posts
Cream!!
usdmJON is offline  
Old 05-27-2016, 08:41 AM
  #66  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Finally got them mounted and took a crappy iPhone picture. They're 17x7.5 +43 with the stock 215/45/17 tires.


Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-28-2016, 07:12 PM
  #67  
Registered Member
 
Rae Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 383
Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
Took some crappy iPhone pictures today.

Here is a better one of the seat. I'm a 34 waist well 32 really and it fits my hips snug, but not tight. I didn't miss the seat warmer in the winter. As long as I have heat I'm good.

Can you spread ya legs in that seat? (no-homo) I drive with my leds spread, and it looks like I would be constricted in that seat and get claustrophobic.
Also how comfortable is it entering and exiting the vehicle? looks like I would need to use my roof handles to assist my old ass out the car lol

but it sure does look nice

Last edited by Rae Rad; 05-28-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Rae Rad is offline  
Old 05-28-2016, 07:24 PM
  #68  
Registered Member
 
usdmJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,409
Thanked 800 Times in 649 Posts
I wont lie if you are worried about leg room or getting in and out then racing seats arent for you. I personally wouldnt even get them as they arent luxurious enough for these cars IMO.
usdmJON is offline  
Old 05-28-2016, 07:33 PM
  #69  
Registered Member
 
Rae Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 383
Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON View Post
I wont lie if you are worried about leg room or getting in and out then racing seats arent for you. I personally wouldnt even get them as they arent luxurious enough for these cars IMO.
100% correct. it would feel like jumping into a bucket every time I enter my car.
I agree... I feel the ILX doesnt look "sporty" enough for sport seats. but on OP car its doesnt look too bad with it. it would be +1 if he adds the complete body kit
Rae Rad is offline  
Old 05-29-2016, 06:48 AM
  #70  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rae Rad View Post
100% correct. it would feel like jumping into a bucket every time I enter my car.
I agree... I feel the ILX doesnt look "sporty" enough for sport seats. but on OP car its doesnt look too bad with it. it would be +1 if he adds the complete body kit
This seat isn't for everyone. I can't really spread my legs and the egress out of the car isn't the easiest. But, for my height my head would hit going over bumps. So I needed a lower seat, plus the way it hugs you in corners is a great feeling.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 05-29-2016, 07:15 AM
  #71  
Registered Member
 
Rae Rad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 383
Thanked 58 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
This seat isn't for everyone. I can't really spread my legs and the egress out of the car isn't the easiest. But, for my height my head would hit going over bumps. So I needed a lower seat, plus the way it hugs you in corners is a great feeling.
As long as you like it and as long as you're comfortable
Actually, I wouldn't mind sport seats, just not on my daily diver/commuter car. I would put sports seats on a car like a Camaro and use it on my days off.
Rae Rad is offline  
Old 05-29-2016, 08:12 AM
  #72  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Rae Rad View Post
As long as you like it and as long as you're comfortable
Actually, I wouldn't mind sport seats, just not on my daily diver/commuter car. I would put sports seats on a car like a Camaro and use it on my days off.
Long trips as long as your wallet isn't in your pocket, is not that bad. You sit in the normal ergonomic position you'd be in, in space haha. Very comfy I just don't have seat warmers anymore.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 06-01-2016, 12:34 PM
  #73  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Age: 37
Posts: 51
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Always loved the mag blue color on volks. Looks sweet
next89 is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 07:37 AM
  #74  
Registered Member
 
idelgado782's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Age: 36
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 6 Posts
Awesome thread!! Loving your build!! You should tint the windows asap!! I can't wait till I start doing some mods to mines. All i've done is tint the windows.
idelgado782 is offline  
Old 06-05-2016, 08:28 AM
  #75  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by idelgado782 View Post
Awesome thread!! Loving your build!! You should tint the windows asap!! I can't wait till I start doing some mods to mines. All i've done is tint the windows.
Thanks!

I think I would tint the Windows like an SUV. Just the rear portion. Don't need to give the police a reason to pull me over. The Integra Type R in Japan has the 3 rear windows tinted from factory.
Triscuit is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 07:21 PM
  #76  
Registered Member
 
usdmJON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,409
Thanked 800 Times in 649 Posts
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
Thanks!

I think I would tint the Windows like an SUV. Just the rear portion. Don't need to give the police a reason to pull me over. The Integra Type R in Japan has the 3 rear windows tinted from factory.
I have this.

Plan is to actually remove all tint and apply the blue mercedes tint. Hashtag luxury.
usdmJON is offline  
Old 06-06-2016, 08:45 PM
  #77  
Registered Member
 
aomechmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,601
Thanked 84 Times in 79 Posts
Nice wheels. Like the color and choice
aomechmarine is offline  
Old 06-08-2016, 05:08 PM
  #78  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,030
Thanked 75 Times in 62 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON View Post
I have this.

Plan is to actually remove all tint and apply the blue mercedes tint. Hashtag luxury.
I had the rear-tint look on my '92 Integra back in the day. Decided that I didn't really like it. On my ILX, I have the rear window 30% and all four doors at 40%. It looks dark enough to make a difference, but not so dark that police would pull me over. At least not yet...

My RL is 30% all around but it has the grey interior so it doesn't look at dark. M RDX has the front windows tinted at 20% to match the factory tint.
schen72 is offline  
Old 07-10-2016, 08:20 PM
  #79  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Someone take my credit card away! I've got a problem haha. At least I own the trio now RE30, CE28N, and TE37.

Triscuit is offline  
Old 08-07-2016, 07:24 PM
  #80  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Triscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 198
Thanked 28 Times in 24 Posts






Triscuit is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some Updates to the Whip....


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.