Purchased the AcuraLink iPhone Navigation

Old 03-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Purchased the AcuraLink iPhone Navigation

Having recently bought a 2016 without the Tech package I still wanted a GPS for occasional use. I went ahead and purchase the required Apple cables (already had one of them) and downloaded the $59.99 app. for my iPhone.

Although I never tried the navigation on a Tech package ILX, this iPhone version is great. I used it all day today and found it to be even better then the stock navigation system I have in my newer F150.

All the controls are simple and easy to use. Some people including the Acura sales Rep told me this system wouldn't do rerouting but in fact it does. I purposely took the wrong route several times and the unit was quick to correct the routing.

For those of you not wanting to spend another $2,000 for the Tech package, then this is the system for you. So far I'm 100% satisfied with the iPhone system. My phone still makes/receives calls with the map system on. If your on the fence about purchasing the required cables and app I would recommend doing it.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 98 Posts
This is a great new system, and we will hopefully to continue to see similar integration. It's nice to have the Premium model now offer what people want (large screen, Blind Spot, Cross Traffic, etc) but not make you go all the way to Tech/nav to get it.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
For me it's perfect. If I used the navigation on a regular basis I might have bought the Tech package but for someone like me who only uses it maybe once a month, then this is the way to go.

If someone didn't see my iPhone plugged into the cables, they would never guess that the navigation isn't a stock Acura product. And like I said, it's even better then the Ford Sync system I have in my newer F150.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:24 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you had any issue with running other audio from your phone at the same time as the navigation app?

Originally Posted by Drake3287
Having recently bought a 2016 without the Tech package I still wanted a GPS for occasional use. I went ahead and purchase the required Apple cables (already had one of them) and downloaded the $59.99 app. for my iPhone.

Although I never tried the navigation on a Tech package ILX, this iPhone version is great. I used it all day today and found it to be even better then the stock navigation system I have in my newer F150.

All the controls are simple and easy to use. Some people including the Acura sales Rep told me this system wouldn't do rerouting but in fact it does. I purposely took the wrong route several times and the unit was quick to correct the routing.

For those of you not wanting to spend another $2,000 for the Tech package, then this is the system for you. So far I'm 100% satisfied with the iPhone system. My phone still makes/receives calls with the map system on. If your on the fence about purchasing the required cables and app I would recommend doing it.