NSX steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 06:43 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX steering wheel

Do you think the NSX steering wheel is just a simple swap in our cars?
Old 07-09-2017, 02:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Doubt it.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Doubt it.
I'm also certain it would be cost prohibitive.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,582 Likes on 6,629 Posts
Money is no issue
Old 07-09-2017, 03:06 AM
Suzuka Master

I mean youd have to look at the options the nsx wheel has verse the options the ilx has. Wouldn't want to lose features or have buttons that dont do anything.

Once that is figured out youd need to figure out how either wheel connects to the hub and if that is similar or can be retrofitted.

If the above 2 check out then all you need is money for an nsx wheel and a good electrician... Can you even buy something like that? I dont assume acura is just making nsx wheels. Id assume they are built for each nsx off the line. I could be wrong though.

If that all works my last question would be do you actually think a flashy nsx wheel would look good in yhe underwhelming ilx cabin?it would clash imo.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
I mean youd have to look at the options the nsx wheel has verse the options the ilx has. Wouldn't want to lose features or have buttons that dont do anything.

Once that is figured out youd need to figure out how either wheel connects to the hub and if that is similar or can be retrofitted. And keeps

Personally

If the above 2 check out then all you need is money for an nsx wheel and a good electrician... Can you even buy something like that? I dont assume acura is just making nsx wheels. Id assume they are built for each nsx off the line. I could be wrong though.

If that all works my last question would be do you actually think a flashy nsx wheel would look good in yhe underwhelming ilx cabin?it would clash imo.
Agreed. A better fit (and likely more available via OEM sources) would be the new 2018 TLX A-Spec steeering wheel. And even then you'd have to make sure technically it is compatible like usdjmon mentioned above.

Personally I like the steering wheel in my ILX A-spec. It has a nice thick grip to it and I like the smaller size of it. It fits the turnin radius of our car and the cabin size. And keeps the car feeling tight and nimble.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I'd stick to the much cheaper option- get your OEM wheel remade by EndlessRPM... they're a sponsor on here, and they can change any regular wheel, for the better. They can thicken up the padding, add carbon fiber, add alcantara (don't quote me on this one... but just ask them), add coloured stitching, etc.

At the end of the day, you can get a wheel that feels much nicer and looks much better, but still have all OEM buttons and functions work as necessary. Plus, going this route will likely be at least 3 times cheaper than buying an NSX wheel.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 875 Likes on 669 Posts
Originally Posted by TacoBello
I'd stick to the much cheaper option- get your OEM wheel remade by EndlessRPM... they're a sponsor on here, and they can change any regular wheel, for the better. They can thicken up the padding, add carbon fiber, add alcantara (don't quote me on this one... but just ask them), add coloured stitching, etc.

At the end of the day, you can get a wheel that feels much nicer and looks much better, but still have all OEM buttons and functions work as necessary. Plus, going this route will likely be at least 3 times cheaper than buying an NSX wheel.
I doubt an NSX wheel would even be available at this point, but I really wonder how much it would cost. I'm going to bet 2-3k+. Most standard wheels are about $800 so I wonder how much a "super car" steering wheel would cost.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by RDX10
I doubt an NSX wheel would even be available at this point, but I really wonder how much it would cost. I'm going to bet 2-3k+. Most standard wheels are about $800 so I wonder how much a "super car" steering wheel would cost.
That was my first thought. I doubt Acura sees a need to make extra NSX steering wheels. They are probably made per car.

Edit: Decided to waste some time and check out OEM parts sites for an NSX steering wheel. This is the listing I found:

Didnt want to do the math so I just throwing it all in my cart and hopefully not missing anything we get...
  • Subtotal Amount: $2,546.98 Though they had the first two assemblies listed twice at 117/114 each not sure what that's about.
2-3k was fucking spot on my friend. That is with Delray's awesome discounts on every item which saved over $500.

Last edited by usdmJON; 07-11-2017 at 01:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 289 Likes on 171 Posts
Or get a MOMO steering wheel for around $199