AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   ILX (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/)
-   -   No windshield washer fluid in a new car?? (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/no-windshield-washer-fluid-new-car-977814/)

Chrisk-K 03-09-2019 09:06 AM

No windshield washer fluid in a new car??

We just found that my wife's 2019 ILX has no windshield washer fluid. How can this be happen?

WheelMcCoy 03-09-2019 10:09 AM

Dealer prep work should have caught this. If they weren't sloppy, then you might have a leak. Might as well check all other fluids while you are under the hood.

schen72 03-09-2019 11:42 PM

Not a big deal, but the dealer's prep team definitely screwed up on this. I would bring it back and ask them to fill it up. No point in you having to shell out the money for the fluid. If it's a reputable dealer, they should be apologizing profusely.

Chrisk-K 03-10-2019 01:19 PM

I've emailed to the dealer and haven't heard from them. I guess I will complain to Acura HQ. This type of sloppy work is unacceptable. Plus, the car was delivered with a shift level lock cover missing and some mysterious dirty spots on the inside panel of the driver side door.

NBP04TL4ME 03-10-2019 05:00 PM

Sounds like pre-delivery inspection / prep was skipped or not done well...........

schen72 03-10-2019 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk-K (Post 16395791)
I've emailed to the dealer and haven't heard from them. I guess I will complain to Acura HQ. This type of sloppy work is unacceptable. Plus, the car was delivered with a shift level lock cover missing and some mysterious dirty spots on the inside panel of the driver side door.

I would just drive over, tell your salesman that they didn't put in any wiper fluid, drive it up to the service bay and request a tech come over with a bottle and pour it in. You paid for it already.

Chrisk-K 03-10-2019 05:25 PM

I had a few fluid bottles in my garage and used one for the ILX. Acura HQs need to know about the sh!tty job the prep department did.

Don_Perignon 03-11-2019 10:26 AM

New or used, that's pretty unacceptable! Before they let me take the car home, the sales person showed me every little feature and even wiped down the car himself before I was able to go.

The dealership and Acura corporate has also emailed me numerous time with customer service surveys, etc.

I'd just drive back and let them know they forgot to fill the fluid. I don't think an appointment is necessary!

NBP04TL4ME 03-11-2019 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Don_Perignon (Post 16396083)
New or used, that's pretty unacceptable! Before they let me take the car home, the sales person showed me every little feature and even wiped down the car himself before I was able to go.

The dealership and Acura corporate has also emailed me numerous time with customer service surveys, etc.

I'd just drive back and let them know they forgot to fill the fluid. I don't think an appointment is necessary!

No appointment needed at all. Most dealers top off the wiper fluid when you pull your car into the service department even before the RO is written. It's very commonplace - at least here in New England.

thoiboi 03-11-2019 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Don_Perignon (Post 16396083)

this..