AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   ILX (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/)
-   -   Navigation issues (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/navigation-issues-965669/)

Pursuit2550 12-29-2017 09:10 AM

Navigation issues

I ust bought a 17 Tech. The nav system is not user friendly for my area. For example, if I try and find 920 E 16 st, it cant find it. I can not input the address like you see it. If I search by house number, which is 920, then go to street number, the system will only let me put either E or 16 st. If i put 16 then it doesnt let me input E. Its like the system only recognizes for example 920 elm st. I was able to set my house address only because I used current location other wise I have tried every which way to input my address and it a no go. 90% of all the address in S. Florida are like that, House number, Direction(E,W,SW,NW,Etc.) and the street, ave, court, place, etc. Any ideas?

justnspace 12-29-2017 09:48 AM

thats why onboard navigations SUCKKKKKS!
I have a 2006 TL and I think you have to enter street name FIRST!
yes, in America, the numbers are first....but Acura chose to make street names first

DaIll1 12-30-2017 01:33 PM

It won't accept E, W, N, or S of streets. Input street name and number and the program decides what branch is referenced.
Trying to make things simple makes them confusing sometimes. Blame the engineers.
Your base are belong to us!

Pursuit2550 12-30-2017 08:32 PM

Yeah I have tried every which way. I am pissed that a customer pays for a feature that doesnt work. What will Acura do? Probably nothing. Tell me fuck you in a nice way. I am going to contact them on Tuesday cause this is bullshit. I understand that my google maps is so much better but if I have a tech I would like to use it now and then.

schen72 01-02-2018 05:14 PM

Onboard navigation just simply isn't as good. This is a known fact. The dealer really can't do anything about it. I have regularly entered streets with E, W, etc. as part of their name. In your case, it sounds like the map database is simply incomplete. This may or may not be fixed with a future map update. If you live in an area where there are lots of new roads being built, you'll find your map database to be out of date very soon. Where I live, it's not an issue as the region is pretty much built out so very few new streets can be built now.

GrafZeppelin127 01-02-2018 05:30 PM

Another reason I was OK with the '13 2.4 6MT not having navigation available; smartphone navigation is as good if not better, and the little 'shelf' above the center stack provides a perfect mounting point.

justnspace 01-03-2018 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pursuit2550 (Post 16155943)
Yeah I have tried every which way. I am pissed that a customer pays for a feature that doesnt work. What will Acura do? Probably nothing. Tell me fuck you in a nice way. I am going to contact them on Tuesday cause this is bullshit. I understand that my google maps is so much better but if I have a tech I would like to use it now and then.

yeah, you wont get anywhere. it's working as designed. they'll chalk it up to USER ERROR, because you are using it wrong

Pursuit2550 01-05-2018 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by schen72 (Post 16157014)
Onboard navigation just simply isn't as good. This is a known fact. The dealer really can't do anything about it. I have regularly entered streets with E, W, etc. as part of their name. In your case, it sounds like the map database is simply incomplete. This may or may not be fixed with a future map update. If you live in an area where there are lots of new roads being built, you'll find your map database to be out of date very soon. Where I live, it's not an issue as the region is pretty much built out so very few new streets can be built now.

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16157215)
yeah, you wont get anywhere. it's working as designed. they'll chalk it up to USER ERROR, because you are using it wrong

I know the car navis suck, period. Also I live in Miami, we are overbuilt if anything. This should have been addressed long time ago. I talked to a rep and he escalated it to another dept. That dept rep told me he was going to reach out to Navtec and see what the deal is. I know there is a 18 update already, if it does fix the issue they will send one for free. And as far as USER ERROR, thats not happening. I bought a brand new car I expect EVERYTHING to work no matter how shitty it is. I have looked it up and the Lemon Law would apply to my situation. I know this is a little over the top but the wife isnt happy that she cant use it. She has nowhere to put her phone to use g-maps other than a suction holder which she doesnt like. We will see what happens on tuesday when they call me back.

schen72 01-05-2018 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Pursuit2550 (Post 16159387)
I know the car navis suck, period. Also I live in Miami, we are overbuilt if anything. This should have been addressed long time ago. I talked to a rep and he escalated it to another dept. That dept rep told me he was going to reach out to Navtec and see what the deal is. I know there is a 18 update already, if it does fix the issue they will send one for free. And as far as USER ERROR, thats not happening. I bought a brand new car I expect EVERYTHING to work no matter how shitty it is. I have looked it up and the Lemon Law would apply to my situation. I know this is a little over the top but the wife isnt happy that she cant use it. She has nowhere to put her phone to use g-maps other than a suction holder which she doesnt like. We will see what happens on tuesday when they call me back.

:popcorn:

BTW, if you want to share an example of an address that you can't enter, can you share it? I'm curious if I can enter it. Because I've entered plenty of addresses here in the SF bay area that have W or E preceding the street name.

Pursuit2550 01-06-2018 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by schen72 (Post 16159474)
:popcorn:

BTW, if you want to share an example of an address that you can't enter, can you share it? I'm curious if I can enter it. Because I've entered plenty of addresses here in the SF bay area that have W or E preceding the street name.

Its in the first post. But if you want enter any address as follows. Example- 861 e 15 st. or 920 w 39 pl. or 20100 sw 83 ave. Can you give me examples as well I would like to try it?

leo 01-09-2018 08:20 AM

Nav Problem

Hi pursuit2520,

Hope I can help you with your problem with the nav system. I also just got a White 17 ILX Tech a month ago. I know it’s a bit complicated to operate but once you get the hang of it, it works ok. I came from a 16 ILX premium and to tell you the truth, this car drives better than the 16. Do not know if they did anything to the car but it drives better, stops better, it feels quieter, and the Tech package makes the car feel a lot better than the 16 Premium.

I also live in Miami and know exactly what you mean about the SW,NW,E, Etc. I took your 920 address and was able to set it as destination. I am not 100% sure about how I did it but will tell you how to do it even if it’s not 100% step by step.

1.- Input your city, in your case, Hialeah

2.- Say ok and then it will ask you for the Street Name. In you case it will be just 39 (you do not have to add W to the 39). Once you do this the system will give you options of 39, 39th,40th, ……., Choose 39th, say ok and it will ask you for the Street Number (actually, it should be home number).

3.- Your Street Number will be 920, say ok and it will give you 2 options. (if I’m not mistaken, it will be an East and West address. Choose the one you want and set it as destination.

Keep in mind that when you are inputting the info in most cases you will have to go down in the main control and then press ok to confirm.

Hope this help you and anybody that has an Acura navigation system with the same problem. Good Lock.

leo 01-09-2018 08:30 AM

See Picture

1 Attachment(s)
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...a9dc50f56c.jpg

Pursuit2550 01-10-2018 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by leo (Post 16161421)
Hi pursuit2520,

Hope I can help you with your problem with the nav system. I also just got a White 17 ILX Tech a month ago. I know it’s a bit complicated to operate but once you get the hang of it, it works ok. I came from a 16 ILX premium and to tell you the truth, this car drives better than the 16. Do not know if they did anything to the car but it drives better, stops better, it feels quieter, and the Tech package makes the car feel a lot better than the 16 Premium.

I also live in Miami and know exactly what you mean about the SW,NW,E, Etc. I took your 920 address and was able to set it as destination. I am not 100% sure about how I did it but will tell you how to do it even if it’s not 100% step by step.

1.- Input your city, in your case, Hialeah

2.- Say ok and then it will ask you for the Street Name. In you case it will be just 39 (you do not have to add W to the 39). Once you do this the system will give you options of 39, 39th,40th, ……., Choose 39th, say ok and it will ask you for the Street Number (actually, it should be home number).

3.- Your Street Number will be 920, say ok and it will give you 2 options. (if I’m not mistaken, it will be an East and West address. Choose the one you want and set it as destination.

Keep in mind that when you are inputting the info in most cases you will have to go down in the main control and then press ok to confirm.

Hope this help you and anybody that has an Acura navigation system with the same problem. Good Lock.

Leo,
Thanks, that worked. But still the system sucks. I tried different address without the city and it wont find it. So you have to enter the city first and it has to be the correct one cause if its in Hialeah and you put Miami it wont work. This is a very complicated system. I still dont know why they havent made it simpler, like google maps on a phone. Type in the whole address and it finds it. Thanks for figuring that out though. The wife will be somewhat happy until she gets the hang of it.

schen72 01-10-2018 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pursuit2550 (Post 16162831)
Leo,
Thanks, that worked. But still the system sucks. I tried different address without the city and it wont find it. So you have to enter the city first and it has to be the correct one cause if its in Hialeah and you put Miami it wont work. This is a very complicated system. I still dont know why they havent made it simpler, like google maps on a phone. Type in the whole address and it finds it. Thanks for figuring that out though. The wife will be somewhat happy until she gets the hang of it.

You can also use the voice commands to enter an address. You can say the address in the format you seem to be wanting. Also, don't know if your car has the AcuraLlink telematics, but if you do you can enter an address on the AcuraLink mobile app, and send it to the car. The infotainment system on the ILX is the older generation. Note that cars like the new 2018 Accord have the latest generation and I'm sure it works much better. As you know, ILX is probably going to be redesigned for 2019 or 2020 so I imagine it'll get the updated infotainment.