Old 01-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by aksilx
Awesome build!

I’d personally leave the splitter off lol
Have you dyno’d the car yet?

It must sound awesome after 5k rpm!
Thanks... I had ordered the splitter already and is sitting in my garage. I figured I would wait until the weather gets a little better (I do not want to use the splitter as a snow plow). I have a high expectation that the front end will bottom out and I will damage it, but I like the look and seeing I had already paid for it I will probably throw the thing on later and it will most likely only last the summer.

As for a dyno I may still try that one as well, also in the spring. I must admit I am a bit curious to see what kind of gains are being had?

Hitting VTEC sounds crazZZZy!
Old 02-10-2018, 01:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you thought about doing a demon eye glow like I mentioned in the other thread? If at all possible.
Old 02-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ApexAcura
Have you thought about doing a demon eye glow like I mentioned in the other thread? If at all possible.
I want to keep my car compliant, I do not believe adding demon eyes would be allowed in Canada. However if you want to do it, I believe it would be possible - Seeing I have taken apart the headlight assembly it should work. I think Jon (another guy here on the forums) had talked about someone doing it once?!?
Old 02-17-2018, 01:33 AM
9th Gear

Car looks great! Especially liking the MMC tail lights with the white license plate LEDs and the deck lid spoiler
Old 02-17-2018, 12:51 PM
Instructor

Thanks XcIII110. The rear taillight conversion is something I thought was possible ever since I saw the newer 2016 version of the ILX. I can not take all the cred as there was one other person on the forum that had done it prior to me, however there is not many that have tried it. It cost me a few dollars to do it with shipping to Canada, exchange rate/conversion, paying duty etc, but for you seeing that you live in the USA it shouldn't be that much. Personally it is one of the best cosmetic mods I have done with the car (that and removing the ugly orange reflector pieces in the front headlight assembly). Totally a matter of opinion, but I like the tail end of my car over the newer 2016-2019 version of the ILX - I like the newer models but I just had to have a manual shift and is the only reason I went with the 2013-2015 model series.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:35 AM
10th Gear

Clean ride overall Chrifff. Really like the taillight conversion. Have you gotten around to changing the DLR to LEDs?

I really like 25mm spacers idea too.. thinking about doing it with the stock 2014 ILX Alloys as I am painting them black. I don't want to do too much with my car and this seems like a subtle mod. Any advice on whether 25mm will work with the stock alloys?
Old 04-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by korona
Clean ride overall Chrifff. Really like the taillight conversion. Have you gotten around to changing the DLR to LEDs?

I really like 25mm spacers idea too.. thinking about doing it with the stock 2014 ILX Alloys as I am painting them black. I don't want to do too much with my car and this seems like a subtle mod. Any advice on whether 25mm will work with the stock alloys?
Thanks for the comments!

I did change the DLR to LED's as seen above in the thread - IMO they are way better than stock and the high beam is crazy bright!

As for the 25mm spacers, I do use the same spacers for my stock rims with winter tires. The 25mm should serve you well (sorry I don't have a picture of the car with the stock rims, and I have changed the rims back to the all seasons) and look a lot better. I have seen another white ILX around that has painted black rims - It looked pretty good! My only recommendation to you would be to make sure you upgrade the tread as the stock rubber sucks. Also one of the cheapest mods for the look is to lower the car. I absolutely hated 2 things with this car:
1) The huge wheel well gap.
2) The orange plastic in the front headlight assembly. (cost to this mod is minimal, epoxy glue and plug removal tool - It is just a little time consuming).

The only difference is, I would have gone with the H and R springs as they lower the car a little less, and I believe they are a bit cheaper. One warning to you, is that you do have to be a little careful on steeper grades as the clearances can be tight.

Good luck to you on your mods!
Old 04-20-2018, 11:49 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Chrifff
Thanks for the comments!

I did change the DLR to LED's as seen above in the thread - IMO they are way better than stock and the high beam is crazy bright!

As for the 25mm spacers, I do use the same spacers for my stock rims with winter tires. The 25mm should serve you well (sorry I don't have a picture of the car with the stock rims, and I have changed the rims back to the all seasons) and look a lot better. I have seen another white ILX around that has painted black rims - It looked pretty good! My only recommendation to you would be to make sure you upgrade the tread as the stock rubber sucks. Also one of the cheapest mods for the look is to lower the car. I absolutely hated 2 things with this car:
2) The orange plastic in the front headlight assembly. (cost to this mod is minimal, epoxy glue and plug removal tool - It is just a little time consuming).

The only difference is, I would have gone with the H and R springs as they lower the car a little less, and I believe they are a bit cheaper. One warning to you, is that you do have to be a little careful on steeper grades as the clearances can be tight.

Cool. What kind of spacers are you using (brand name?)
Old 04-23-2018, 12:03 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for the comments!

I agree about the wheel well gap.. it looks nice with the 1.5 drop on your whip.. for me personally I don't know if it makes sense to do it. I bought the car mainly for daily use + to work (I do Uber). So I'm driving a lot of downtown style city mileage. There is a lot of bumpy roads here in downtown Toronto, its almost a joke at times. If I really want to lower, it would be better to just do full coil overs so its a whole suspension upgrade.

Personally I don't mind the orange plastic.. I'm thinking about getting brighter amber LED's though to replace the bulbs there. I love the way the newer Mercedes orange LEDs are so bright. I do love how you upgraded the tail-lights, but I do prefer when the tail-lights are also all red and no orange.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:42 PM
Instructor

Cool. What kind of spacers are you using (brand name?)
From a recommendation from a friend, I just picked up some cheapo aluminum spacers off of Ebay. I believe they were from:
lugs n stuff | eBay Stores

4 pieces 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers 1" inch for Honda/Acura - 64.1mm Hub Bore Hubcentric

They were pretty cheap.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 PM
Instructor

I agree about the wheel well gap.. it looks nice with the 1.5 drop on your whip.. for me personally I don't know if it makes sense to do it. I bought the car mainly for daily use + to work (I do Uber). So I'm driving a lot of downtown style city mileage. There is a lot of bumpy roads here in downtown Toronto, its almost a joke at times. If I really want to lower, it would be better to just do full coil overs so its a whole suspension upgrade.

Personally I don't mind the orange plastic.. I'm thinking about getting brighter amber LED's though to replace the bulbs there. I love the way the newer Mercedes orange LEDs are so bright. I do love how you upgraded the tail-lights, but I do prefer when the tail-lights are also all red and no orange.
If you are using your vehicle for Uber etc I would not lower the car, the clearances even with a 1.3-1.5" drop is pretty low - I sometimes scrape the front flaps.

I actually changed most of my stock bulbs around, I do even have a set of red rear corner markers (just in case I wanted to switch them up), however for now I stayed with the amber LED's as they are a little more pronounced and obvious to other motorist when I am indicating my turns.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:21 PM
9th Gear

Great build!!
Old 04-29-2018, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hey

can you mention what parts were used in the civic RSB conversion? or what you needed to order from honda?
also you in toronto? wana sell me your subby lip if youre not gona use it?

great build.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by neildam
hey

can you mention what parts were used in the civic RSB conversion? or what you needed to order from honda?
also you in toronto? wana sell me your subby lip if youre not gona use it?

great build.
I cant seem to find the conversion kit I had used for the RBC swap, however the PRL seems to make a pretty good conversion kit. They do not mention the need for fuel injector adaptors, however I needed them.

I am in BC not Ontario... Sorry
Old 05-03-2018, 11:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I cant seem to find the conversion kit I had used for the RBC swap, however the PRL seems to make a pretty good conversion kit. They do not mention the need for fuel injector adaptors, however I needed them.

I am in BC not Ontario... Sorry

thanks - but i wanted to know what link you used for the Si Rear Sway Bar upgrade - i found the thread in the suspension section.

sucks - in the states the lip goes for 70 usd with free shipping, in toronto the same subby lip goes for 200 from the stores / ebay + shipping+ conversion.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:10 PM
Instructor

Oops sorry, I totally miss read your last inquiry.... I purchased the parts for the rear sway bar from a search online for official Honda parts and looked up the parts by part number. Unfortunately I do not recall the company I actually purchased it from, however one of the places I was not impressed with (Hondapartsnow.com = DO NOT USE THEM!!!) and they actually emailed me back asking for more money - They initially quoted $16 for shipping and then requested another $86 more as they got it wrong = I asked for a refund. I ended up having the parts shipped to the USA and then picked them up. I am from Vancouver, BC and don't live that far from the boarder.

Below is a link for a thread for the actual parts you will need to do this mod, the thread also has a pretty good "How To" for installation.

https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-tires-wheels-suspension-428/2015-civic-si-sway-bar-upgrade-926454/
Old 05-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by neildam
thanks - but i wanted to know what link you used for the Si Rear Sway Bar upgrade - i found the thread in the suspension section.

sucks - in the states the lip goes for 70 usd with free shipping, in toronto the same subby lip goes for 200 from the stores / ebay + shipping+ conversion.
I believe I paid about $60 USD for the STI lip and also had it shipped to a USA letter carrier.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 412 Likes on 194 Posts
Very sweet ILX. Looks like this is coming along nicely!
Old 04-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Instructor

I believe I paid about $60 USD for the STI lip and also had it shipped to a USA letter carrier.
I never did install my STI Splitter and still have it in my garage, if anyone is interested I will pass it on to an enthusiast in the Metro Vancouver area???
Old 04-04-2019, 05:31 PM
Instructor

Sadly I have to report that I have sold my 2013 Acura ILX Dynamic about a year ago and have since replaced it with a different "A" branded company. I do still get occasional emails from Acurazine and feel free type in questions if you have them and I will do my best to help with your modification questions....

Good luck friends, and drive safely!!!
Old 04-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,915 Likes on 14,457 Posts

another Audi convert
Old 04-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Instructor

What I couldn't pick me up an Aston Martin - Bond car???

Ok, ok.... Yes I picked up a used Audi S4 (last year this was available in manual - At least in North America).

The S4 can out dance the ILX in almost everyway (especially with AWD and it pushing 430 HP), however I do miss driving my old car - Hondas will always have a special place for me!

I said this before, and I will say it again..... If Acura can put in a manual in a new TLX or ILX when they release the Type S models (coming in the next couple years), I very well may just come back to Honda!
The following users liked this post:
silverTL6 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 10:35 AM
Cruisin'

hey man sick build btw, fell asleep on mods with my 13 ILX but now im getting back into it. Loved the tailight conversions, but what i wanted to is get rid of the amber signal reflectors. Is there a tutorial to how to take the front bumber off? if not how did you do that process and taking the reflectors off? I know you don't have the ILX anymore but if you can help me with this would be greatly appreciated! thanks man
Old 05-15-2019, 06:14 AM
Instructor

Thanks JeffTrillz! I do miss driving the ole ILX around, had some fond memories with it.

There have been a few people that have asked about the modification in the past and I had started to work on a thread however never got around to posting it.

Instead of adding it on here I have posted a separate thread in the ILX Parts and Modifications area:

"2013-2015 ILX - Headlight Modification (Bumper Removal)"

It is not exhaustive however it should be more than good enough to get you through it. I had to use pictures piecemealed together to amalgamate enough for the thread (various stages of my ILX modification).

Send me a PM if you have any further questions.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Cruisin'

I appreciate it man! but the link does not work.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JeffTrillz
I appreciate it man! but the link does not work.
Haha, sorry I never added the link and just included the name where I placed the Thread.

Try this:

2013-2015 ILX - Headlight Modification (Bumper Removal) - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-per...emoval-979549/
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 PM

Hmmm...
I wonder if it was your thread that subconsciously made me get one too
Nice pick! I love the S4...I ended up in a Volcano Red one.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:53 PM
Instructor

Lol, u never know. Hopefully u got one in stick. I do miss the ILX. I still have a soft spot for Honda's!
Old 05-16-2019, 06:14 AM

I did better...

I got two manual transmissions in one with a dual clutch transmission.
I set out for manual, but with the S2000 to scratch that itch, Miami traffic and
finding a killer deal on a 13+ with low enough miles, B&O system AND in my dream
color (Volcano Red)

Truth be told, over the years watching the DSG with tunes and launch control on
youtube, I knew that at some point I wanted to give one a shot and see what it was
like. Figured the stars aligned and what better car to do it in.

Who knows...might enjoy it for a while and pass the savings on to someone close
to me since my next car will likely be another one. LOL...that's how much I love this
platform.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Yes, unfortunately the DSG will kick my arse off the line almost every time. I still want the stick tho, I like the control and feel of a manual especially with a weighted shift knob and short shift kit (Its very nice, almost as good as a Honda gear box).

The S4 looks good with the rims and lowered - Nice!
Old 06-19-2022, 10:19 PM
Instructor

I'm Baacckk!!!

So I did say if Acura brought back a manual in a decent car I might come back!

From this....

2015 Audi S4 - Technik, Black Optics Package, Rear Sport Differential, and Carbon Inlays. Not to mention multiple mods (Conservative # 450 HP & 370 ft/llbs at the crank)

To this....

White 2023 Integra Aspec Elite in manual. Unfortunately I had to opt for the red interior. Not my first choice, as I am a little more conservative.
The following 4 users liked this post by Chrifff:
godfather2 (06-25-2022), lsimpson50 (03-24-2023), silverTL6 (06-23-2022), woogibaba (09-09-2022)