List your Problems/Issues with the ILX

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my rear view camera and trunk release came loose! i noticed it when i wanted to open my trunk via the trunk release and felt it move, and sure enough the whole piece was loose.

I am 100% convinced my car was made at 5pm on a friday
Old 04-28-2014, 08:39 AM
Advanced

mine is brutal in the rain. when it is sitting out side for the day and it rains, there is a clunking sound from the front as if the calipers are not getting "unstuck" for the first 10 stops.

Originally Posted by ipribadi
Same here.
Got my ILX end of March, just over 1k miles now.
20% of the time after being parked over 6-8 hours, the brake pedal is pretty hard like it would only press down 1/4 inch or so.

Please let me know what the dealer says on your case.
Hey what yr is ur RDX? I got a '13 RDX.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
I wonder if the rear hardware come loose due to the harsher ride in the rear...
Old 04-28-2014, 10:09 AM
tal
Advanced

Originally Posted by ipribadi
Same here.
Got my ILX end of March, just over 1k miles now.
20% of the time after being parked over 6-8 hours, the brake pedal is pretty hard like it would only press down 1/4 inch or so.

Please let me know what the dealer says on your case.
Hey what yr is ur RDX? I got a '13 RDX.
2013 RDX AWD purchased 7-12.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tal
I've got a 2014 ILX base. After sitting in the garage a week, the brake pedal is hard. After 2 weeks the brake pedal is rock hard. It's difficult to start the car in this condition.

Purchased the car in Nov and have VIN 10500 approx. Only about 900 mi on car now.

I think it's the brake check valve or the brake booster. Will take it to Acura when I have the RDX oil change in the next few months.
This just happened to me this morning, though my car only sat in the driveway for a night. Since I read this thread though, I didn't freak...but this is a little worrisome. Was your issue resolved?
Old 04-29-2014, 12:12 PM
tal
Advanced

Originally Posted by Celeshot
This just happened to me this morning, though my car only sat in the driveway for a night. Since I read this thread though, I didn't freak...but this is a little worrisome. Was your issue resolved?
I'm taking the RDX in for an oil change in June so not yet.

I have researched the issue and it's either the check valve or the brake booster. Te dealership tech should be able to do a test to determine which one is at fault.

With your issue being more frequent, the dealer should find the issue quickly.

Please post what they find.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:31 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by tal
I'm taking the RDX in for an oil change in June so not yet.

I have researched the issue and it's either the check valve or the brake booster. Te dealership tech should be able to do a test to determine which one is at fault.

With your issue being more frequent, the dealer should find the issue quickly.

Please post what they find.
It has only happened once so I will wait and see if it happens again before I bring the car in. I'll post an update should the issue reoccur.

Last edited by Celeshot; 04-29-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:26 PM
7th Gear

Hey everyone I just joined I was on ilx forums before

2013 ilx 2.0 tech
The issue I noticed with mine is the chrome piece on the right side of the car is starting to fade. I haven't made a big deal yet, but do you guys know of it's covered under warranty?
Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
I'm pretty sure it is, depending on your mileage. I don't know if you bought preowned. I would check thats its not just stained by something. Can you please describe where exactly the chrome is fading? I ask this because if for some reason they don't do something about it, you may be able to cover it up anyway with some window visors. I've been test fitted already for window visors. If its along the top curve of the chrome, then it would be covered up anyway, and would have new chrome over it.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:59 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
I'm pretty sure it is, depending on your mileage. I don't know if you bought preowned. I would check thats its not just stained by something. Can you please describe where exactly the chrome is fading? I ask this because if for some reason they don't do something about it, you may be able to cover it up anyway with some window visors. I've been test fitted already for window visors. If its along the top curve of the chrome, then it would be covered up anyway, and would have new chrome over it.
I got the car brand new it has 7k miles

It's small but noticeable if you know about it.

Name:  E24CD9BF-C707-4390-97BE-3AA2BBFAB5D8_zpssnd4bgma.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  40.6 KB
Name:  6D4A905B-DF78-4F8A-AB25-AF459A3F8659_zpsgzgknk7k.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  35.1 KB
Old 05-05-2014, 11:59 AM
7th Gear

It's love ares on the right back door
Old 05-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Three Wheelin'

i dunno I think they might give you the runaround because its really small - plus they might try to say you did it... but if it bugs you a lot, try to go for it. I don't think you can fix that other then replacement...
Old 05-05-2014, 06:24 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
i dunno I think they might give you the runaround because its really small - plus they might try to say you did it... but if it bugs you a lot, try to go for it. I don't think you can fix that other then replacement...
I'll go to the honda dealership near my work and see what they say, if they say something positive, i'll drive to acura. i'll keep you all updated!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

cool good luck man
Old 05-10-2014, 01:28 AM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
My hill assist makes a funky sound every now and then don't know how to describe it but it sounds like a grinding or rubbing sound??? Maybe brake still applied and holding when I try and start driving?

Never had it happen in my WRX and it had hill assist to, but seemed better than the hill assist on the ilx
Old 05-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Not really a problem with the car, but the Acura Keyfob has worn down horribly. Just over 1 year of ownership, and almost all of the silver paint on my key fob has scratched off. Anyone know if the dealership will say its wear and tear or if they would replace it under warranty?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Doubt it. Key fob cover purchase is in your near future... I can see it my crystal ball... oohhhhh ahhhhh... so nice it looks in the future.... wrapped in the leather or the silicone... kinky no?
Old 05-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
My rear suspension has been making a clunk sound for about 8 months now... sadly, I never took it to Acura when I first noticed it. About 3 months ago, someone made a huge dent in my rear driver side section of the car just in front of the tail light and rear bumper. I took it to Acura last month, and they found out my car had been damaged and the underbody spray or whatever wasn't 'from the factory'. Because of that, they wouldn't replace my suspension. The service advisor knew something though, as if this was a common issue with the ILX, but was apologetic that he couldn't do anything due to the damage being so close to the rear suspension.

So... I am thinking of just replacing my whole suspension setup with new struts or shocks, whatever our car uses.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by hondeducation
My rear suspension has been making a clunk sound for about 8 months now... sadly, I never took it to Acura when I first noticed it. About 3 months ago, someone made a huge dent in my rear driver side section of the car just in front of the tail light and rear bumper. I took it to Acura last month, and they found out my car had been damaged and the underbody spray or whatever wasn't 'from the factory'. Because of that, they wouldn't replace my suspension. The service advisor knew something though, as if this was a common issue with the ILX, but was apologetic that he couldn't do anything due to the damage being so close to the rear suspension.

So... I am thinking of just replacing my whole suspension setup with new struts or shocks, whatever our car uses.
Hey hondeducation - Can you provide more details on the clunk noise that you are talking about? What are the symptoms? My ILX Hybrid does make some pretty loud "clunk" noises when one of the rear tires hits a pot hole. Was like this since new - Always wondered, but this is the smallest car I've owned so I just thought that it was normal...

On another note, I have some problems that I've been having and wanted to see if anyone else has these problems and if they are something I should bring to the attention of my dealership
-The arrow that represents the car on the navigation is occasionally very off (Says I'm ~1/4 miles to the right or to the left of where I actually am). Once it had me driving straight through neighborhoods and rivers and such when I was on the highway
-The rear center armrest has come loose/off. I have been able to put it back in place, but it keeps popping out and recently a plastic clip part came off where the armrest attaches to the seat back (planning on bringing this up with the dealer)
-The passenger seat recline does not work properly - The seat goes down fine, but you need to pull it up for it to come up
-The rear bumper has popped off on the left side. Admittedly, I don't know when this happened or if it was before delivery or after. Looks like a clip broke or something?
Old 05-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ What you have is the classic result of stupid reactive dampers by Sachs...they are causing problems for ILX and RDX owners alike.

They can be swapped for Civic rear shocks and that should solve your problem and make your car quiet again.....Don't hold your breat for Acura to solve this issue for you
Old 05-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Cruisin'

Push button start does not always start car the first time in the ILX 6-speed. Several error messages have been seen, but nothing is recorded as an error in the onboard computer. Acura bought back my 2013 for this issue and the 2014 has the same problem.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:29 AM
Suzuka Master

Ctnyc all the issues you listed should be brought to your dealerships attention. All small issues they should fix under warranty unless they claim you hit something to make the bumper clip break.

The longer you wait the less likely they'll fix these issues... but those are simple issues many new cars face. I'd consider it an end of the week build and maybe they didn't take enough time on the production line. But not an issue with a design flaw

As for jb3stix. I find it hard to believe both the 2013 and 2014 Ilx had the same push button issue when no one else is having it.
No disrespect meant but at my work if one person cant properly operate 2 fire arms it's not the guns fault it's operator error.

What are these warning screens you see? What do they say?

When you go to your car do you sit down and wait one second. Then press the brake firmly and wait one second then press and hold the button for a second.

With push button starts I often see people just in a hurry. They don't press the button firm enough or don't hold the pedal down long enough so the car doesn't turn over or goes into accessory mode.

Last edited by usdmJON; 05-30-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
^^ I agree that sometime, people don't depress the pedal far enough. With the RDX and ILX, I find the brake pedal seems to lose the air and feels very hard so you have to press that much harder on it....maybe that could be the issue
Old 05-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by JB3stix
Push button start does not always start car the first time in the ILX 6-speed. Several error messages have been seen, but nothing is recorded as an error in the onboard computer. Acura bought back my 2013 for this issue and the 2014 has the same problem.
When you say "Acura bought back my 2013" ILX, how many miles were on it, and did the dealership buy it back or corporate?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by CTNYC
Hey hondeducation - Can you provide more details on the clunk noise that you are talking about? What are the symptoms? My ILX Hybrid does make some pretty loud "clunk" noises when one of the rear tires hits a pot hole. Was like this since new - Always wondered, but this is the smallest car I've owned so I just thought that it was normal...
mine used to make the thump like something was loose in the back over large potholes, but now it's an everyday thing even over the slightest of bumps. it's very annoying and sounds like a cheap old car. i wonder if pedestrians on the street can hear it when i drive by them...
Old 06-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by hondeducation
mine used to make the thump like something was loose in the back over large potholes, but now it's an everyday thing even over the slightest of bumps. it's very annoying and sounds like a cheap old car. i wonder if pedestrians on the street can hear it when i drive by them...
I'm not sure about that problem, but a 15 year old Buick we had in the family had a shock that creaked/thumped every time it moved the slightest bit... Then again, that car was the definition of a beater. I would get your car checked out by the dealership as well.

I have a laundry list of problems I'm bringing up at my next service... I better get a loaner car because I'm not waiting there for hours on end

On a similar note, I have a question to all you ILX'ers. If you park your car outside in the rain, when you drive off, do you hear a very loud running water noise? Can't pinpoint where it's coming from but it happened the last 2 times it rained, and it is very very loud (I can hear it over the music) Any ideas what this problem might be?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CTNYC
I'm not sure about that problem, but a 15 year old Buick we had in the family had a shock that creaked/thumped every time it moved the slightest bit... Then again, that car was the definition of a beater. I would get your car checked out by the dealership as well.

I have a laundry list of problems I'm bringing up at my next service... I better get a loaner car because I'm not waiting there for hours on end

On a similar note, I have a question to all you ILX'ers. If you park your car outside in the rain, when you drive off, do you hear a very loud running water noise? Can't pinpoint where it's coming from but it happened the last 2 times it rained, and it is very very loud (I can hear it over the music) Any ideas what this problem might be?
YES, to the running water noise. Just another kink with this cheap "luxury" (LOL) car that is listed at 30k.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Spirited Driver
YES, to the running water noise. Just another kink with this cheap "luxury" (LOL) car that is listed at 30k.
Wow... I was hoping it was only my car... I'll bring it up with the dealership though and hope for the best... Even a base Elantra doesn't have half the problems I've had with the build quality of the ILX
Old 06-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

The issues you 2 are facing does not... and I repeat..DOES NOT reflect the over all build quality of the ilx.

All cars will have lemon cars and all cars will have those Friday 5th builds.
We have hundreds of ilx owners. Half of us flock here because we like to mod our cars the other half are looking to fix issues.
So you are going to see a number of enthusiasts and a number of people with issues.... little in between though but keep in mind there are far more ilx owners with no issues not on this sit than people with issues.

I would highly recommend not waiting until your next service as this makes the issues seem petty if you can put them off.
Demand the car is not to par. You bought a car without "...explain issue..." and take it from there. If they won't trade the car in its your dealer that sucks not acura or the ilx as a whole.
The following users liked this post:
robtroxel (06-05-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 02:03 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by usdmJON
The issues you 2 are facing does not... and I repeat..DOES NOT reflect the over all build quality of the ilx.

All cars will have lemon cars and all cars will have those Friday 5th builds.
We have hundreds of ilx owners. Half of us flock here because we like to mod our cars the other half are looking to fix issues.
So you are going to see a number of enthusiasts and a number of people with issues.... little in between though but keep in mind there are far more ilx owners with no issues not on this sit than people with issues.

I would highly recommend not waiting until your next service as this makes the issues seem petty if you can put them off.
Demand the car is not to par. You bought a car without "...explain issue..." and take it from there. If they won't trade the car in its your dealer that sucks not acura or the ilx as a whole.
True - very true... Just easy to get carried away/pissed when there are so many small problems with a new car. Simply waiting for service date because its in about a week and I'll need a loaner (already requested)
usdmJON (06-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Good luck. Dont let the stealerships manhandle you.

Demand the car wasn't like this when you purchased and you demand under warranty the car be brought to the state you purchased it at.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Racer

Wow - I feel like a troll for reporting yet another problem with my 2013 ILX Hybrid with 25k miles on it. Now it is becoming clearer and clearer to me that I have a lemon car

I went to my local Honda dealership today to get my oil changed (On a whim while passing by since they are cheaper & have express service + it's the same auto group as my Acura dealership) When they were checking the fluids on my car, they called me out to the garage and showed me the brake fluid reservoir. Almost bone dry. Since they are in the same group as my Acura dealership, they talked to each other and determined to finish the oil change at honda, fill up the brake fluid to max, and then drive to the Acura dealership and get the brake fluid looked at plus all my warranty work.

Honda dealership said that there was no evidence of a leak and that it is very very odd. My Acura dealer service manager literally couldn't believe it and asked really or what several times. I only got my car serviced as these two dealerships within the same automotive group, and have had my Honda serviced with them for years as well and I trust them. So for now I'm in a FWD TL Special Edition loaner (Kind of upset that there is no navi on the loaner, but I'll survive). Going to call tmrw and ask them to also give me a trade in offer on the ILX as well to see if it makes financial sense to buy a new 2013 left over ILX or TL
Old 06-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Suzuka Master

It is odd. Good luck.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 AM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my 14 ILX Tech, Fathom Blue Pearl.
My question is: does anyone else have phone problems with an android?
I cannot seem to pair my Samsung Galaxy S2.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:59 PM
10th Gear

2014 ILX Tech.
well, just got back from road trip. Dallas to Branson Mo. got good gas mileage. with all the mountains up and down, up and down, etc. still managed 34.2 mpg.
my problem though is, every time we went up a mountain, it smelled like exhaust, wife was getting a headache. but only on the ups. going down or level, no problem at all.
and it sure could use lumbar support.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DACARDUDEINTX
... my problem though is, every time we went up a mountain, it smelled like exhaust, wife was getting a headache. but only on the ups. going down or level, no problem at all.
How many miles are on the car? If it's brand new, the smell could have been a protectant coating applied to the engine at the factory. It usually burns off within the first 1000 miles or so; the hotter the engine gets (particularly under load) the worse that smell can be.

And AMEN! on the seat needing better lumbar support.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:55 PM
10th Gear

4800 miles, bought new in january
Old 06-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by DACARDUDEINTX
4800 miles, bought new in january
Hmm... okay, that's probably not it then.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:17 PM
2nd Gear

Clutch Issue?

Hi! New to this forum and really new 2014 ILX 2.4MT owner.

Here's my problem and hopefully someone can give some thoughts as fast as possible.

My new 2014 ILX (805 miles, yes under 1K) is at the dealer service for the past 4 days because of a noise/grinding in clutch when upshift. No, not the clicking when depress the clutch as others have mentioned. An actual grinding/vibration noise in the clutch (not the stick) when depress to shift to a higher gear. It does not happen when the car is "cold" (1st 5-10 minutes of car running the sound is not heard) and does not happen when downshift/have foot on the brake.

After hearing and acknowledging the issue, the dealer/service manager has now "rebuilt" (replaced) my clutch and the issue has not resolved. Now they're telling me that they've gone into their inventory and that the 2015s also make the same noise, so this is "normal."

Is it normal? I've driven MT for 24 years (Toyota, Saturn, VW---btw loved the Saturn) and have never had this with any of my other cars.

I love my ILX otherwise, but this doesn't seem right to me.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ElfFisch
Hi! New to this forum and really new 2014 ILX 2.4MT owner.

Here's my problem and hopefully someone can give some thoughts as fast as possible.

My new 2014 ILX (805 miles, yes under 1K) is at the dealer service for the past 4 days because of a noise/grinding in clutch when upshift. No, not the clicking when depress the clutch as others have mentioned. An actual grinding/vibration noise in the clutch (not the stick) when depress to shift to a higher gear. It does not happen when the car is "cold" (1st 5-10 minutes of car running the sound is not heard) and does not happen when downshift/have foot on the brake.

After hearing and acknowledging the issue, the dealer/service manager has now "rebuilt" (replaced) my clutch and the issue has not resolved. Now they're telling me that they've gone into their inventory and that the 2015s also make the same noise, so this is "normal."

Is it normal? I've driven MT for 24 years (Toyota, Saturn, VW---btw loved the Saturn) and have never had this with any of my other cars.

I love my ILX otherwise, but this doesn't seem right to me.
I have a 2.4 and cannot attest to that.
ElfFisch (10-09-2014)

Quick Reply: List your Problems/Issues with the ILX