ipod usb dont work

Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
ipod usb dont work

Well my brother was sitting in the car waiting for me, he was listening to music via ipod hook up and all of a sudden it wouldnt play anymore. The ipod still sync's with the, it just wont play the music. It says its playing but nothing is coming out thr speakers, it plays when i use the aux cord and radio but nothing out of the usb. I tried turning off the car, resetting the battery and everything. Last thing i wana do is take it to the dealer where its guna sit for a few days before even getting looked at. Any suggestions?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
You plugged an unplugged the ipod; did you try turning off the ipod, turning it back on; plugging in a usb stick (or android phone and connect as usb only) to see if the car reads that?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by SlaammedILX
Well my brother was sitting in the car waiting for me, he was listening to music via ipod hook up and all of a sudden it wouldnt play anymore. The ipod still sync's with the, it just wont play the music. It says its playing but nothing is coming out thr speakers, it plays when i use the aux cord and radio but nothing out of the usb. I tried turning off the car, resetting the battery and everything. Last thing i wana do is take it to the dealer where its guna sit for a few days before even getting looked at. Any suggestions?
iPod? Not an iPhone?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by spdandpwr
You plugged an unplugged the ipod; did you try turning off the ipod, turning it back on; plugging in a usb stick (or android phone and connect as usb only) to see if the car reads that?
I tried that, im guna drain my ipod of battery and try it later. I tried my droid, i tried switching cables, ill try a usb stick when i get off work.

Originally Posted by Colin
iPod? Not an iPhone?
ipod, i cant afford to have an iphone yet ):
Old 10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Drifting

Let us know what error message you get when you connect the memory stick...be sure to have an mp3 in there
Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Suzuka Master

I tried that, im guna drain my ipod of battery and try it later. I tried my droid, i tried switching cables, ill try a usb stick when i get off work.

ipod, i cant afford to have an iphone yet ):
Is this an iPod Touch? Is the bluetooth paired with the car? When you say "all of a sudden" what changed? Did you start the car? Switch off then on? Was the car in ACC mode?

I find that if the USB is connected when you start the car, the iDevice connects but when the BT hooks up a few seconds later, the iDevice senses that and changes outputs on the device (to BT). No amount of fiddling will get it to switch back. The best course of action is the unplug the USB cable and reconnect it. This re-synchs the output>inputs and it works again.

I've worked around this by keeping a USB charger in the car for charging and playing iDevice material via the BT Audio connection. A side benefit is that Siri works through the car system for reading and replying to texts.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
Is this an iPod Touch? Is the bluetooth paired with the car? When you say "all of a sudden" what changed? Did you start the car? Switch off then on? Was the car in ACC mode?

I find that if the USB is connected when you start the car, the iDevice connects but when the BT hooks up a few seconds later, the iDevice senses that and changes outputs on the device (to BT). No amount of fiddling will get it to switch back. The best course of action is the unplug the USB cable and reconnect it. This re-synchs the output>inputs and it works again.

I've worked around this by keeping a USB charger in the car for charging and playing iDevice material via the BT Audio connection. A side benefit is that Siri works through the car system for reading and replying to texts.
Regular ipod, the slim purple one with camera on the back. my droid is paired with bluetooth, the ipod is connected via usb port. Ive never had this problem until yesterday, ive had this same setup since i bought the car and its workes fine. When i start the car it shows that the ipod is sync'd up and says the song is playing but nothing is playing. Ive tried connecting and reconmecting, unplugging the usb and reconnecting, unplugging the ipod then reconnecting, turned off my bluetooth and tried again. My brother said when he was in the car when it "all of a sudden" stopped working; the screen kept saying it connected Bluetooth with my phone and disconnected bluetooth with my phone but i dont see how that is possible because i was no where near even 20 ft of the car. It still charges my ipod and droid, it wont sync my droid but it syncs my ipod. But even when it syncs and shows music playing, theres nothing playing.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Racer

Let us know what error message you get when you connect the memory stick...be sure to have an mp3 in there
I misplaced my usb stick so ill probably end up buying one after work tomorrow. There wasnt really an error message for the ipod, it just said usb error.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Regular ipod, the slim purple one with camera on the back. my droid is paired with bluetooth, the ipod is connected via usb port. Ive never had this problem until yesterday, ive had this same setup since i bought the car and its workes fine. When i start the car it shows that the ipod is sync'd up and says the song is playing but nothing is playing. Ive tried connecting and reconmecting, unplugging the usb and reconnecting, unplugging the ipod then reconnecting, turned off my bluetooth and tried again. My brother said when he was in the car when it "all of a sudden" stopped working; the screen kept saying it connected Bluetooth with my phone and disconnected bluetooth with my phone but i dont see how that is possible because i was no where near even 20 ft of the car. It still charges my ipod and droid, it wont sync my droid but it syncs my ipod. But even when it syncs and shows music playing, theres nothing playing.
It sounds like you're talking about two different incidents? Very confusing trying to follow what you're saying??? But if your brother said it connected to your phone, then that would be a sure sign of the 'input error' glitch I was talking about. In your brothers case, did you take the steps you mentioned earlier? (BTW, bluetooth range can vary greatly, 10 meters is only a guide)
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Racer

Well, i got it figured out. After letting my ipod die out all the way and trying again it worked fine. Im guesskng its because i never take it off the usb and leave it in the car with the compartment closed. So thr heat its generating from charging and the heat thats trapped inside probably surged my ipod or something would be my guess. Thanks for your help though, i appreciate it.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Drifting

I leave my iPod plugged in all the time. Sometimes the car doesn't detect that the ipod is connected so I actually just tap the face buttons on the ipod to get it awake and the car starts reading it again. Weird, I know. It happened in my TSX as well.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Racer

Yeeeah, for the price we pay for these things... You'd expect them to be at least satisfying quality. /:
But sadly we word hard to play soft because equipment malfunction.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:08 PM
Drifting

I think it's with the iPod itself. Is your cable a little ripped on the ends, btw?
The following users liked this post:
terdonal (10-18-2012)
Old 10-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 248 Likes on 229 Posts
I leave my iPod plugged in all the time. Sometimes the car doesn't detect that the ipod is connected so I actually just tap the face buttons on the ipod to get it awake and the car starts reading it again. Weird, I know. It happened in my TSX as well.
I was thinking of leaving mine plugged in all the time but then thought it might cause some conflict and that it would always be charging. It appears that might be true. It is kind of a pain to have to keep plugging it in but maybe I will try it and see how it does.
Robbienizzle (02-06-2013)
Old 10-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This happens occasionally. In the future, you don't have to let the power run all the way out to reset the iPod. You can force reboot it which will fix most problems. I have the iPod classic (wheel) and the steps are:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

The steps differ depending on which iPod you have, but it's basically a two-key combination.

Also, make sure the "hold" button didn't get turned on accidentally. That can sometimes make it seem like the iPod is unresponsive when it's actually by design.
Robbienizzle (02-06-2013)
Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPod won't work either

My iPod stopped working yesterday! Nothing changed in the car, etc. just went to USB and it won't play. It says its playing but there is no sound. I've reset my iPod, that is working fine... No error messages are coming up. i have a 2012 MDX. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer?
Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Eelhawary
My iPod stopped working yesterday! Nothing changed in the car, etc. just went to USB and it won't play. It says its playing but there is no sound. I've reset my iPod, that is working fine... No error messages are coming up. i have a 2012 MDX. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer?
Yes, unplug the dock cable from the ios device and replug it AFTER the BT connection is established.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:56 PM
1st Gear

The Audio display show "NO DATA" in the USB position.

I'm sorry I got out of my submit early. The IPOD stopped playing about a week ago. I tried some of the recommendations on this site but it still is not working. Since the IPOD is always in the RDX I removed it today. It has stayed charged in the car and it plays fine when I plug a headset into it. The HDD and Blue Tooth positions are fine but when I go to the USB position the AUDIO display in the RDX shows "NO DATA". Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-06-2017, 02:47 PM
2nd Gear

Working

[QUOTE=sfguy;14115440]This happens occasionally. In the future, you don't have to let the power run all the way out to reset the iPod. You can force reboot it which will fix most problems. I have the iPod classic (wheel) and the steps are:

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

I was having the same problem I followed your directions and it's working like a charm. Save me a trip to the dealer. Thank you very much!
2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

The steps differ depending on which iPod you have, but it's basically a two-key combination.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:12 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mcfrdx133
I'm sorry I got out of my submit early. The IPOD stopped playing about a week ago. I tried some of the recommendations on this site but it still is not working. Since the IPOD is always in the RDX I removed it today. It has stayed charged in the car and it plays fine when I plug a headset into it. The HDD and Blue Tooth positions are fine but when I go to the USB position the AUDIO display in the RDX shows "NO DATA". Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,
You need to have a least 1 song with iTunes on the iPhone (apple music)