ILXs showing up at dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ILXs showing up at dealerships

I got a call about an ILX at the dealership (base engine with tech package)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
and?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Intermediate

and they are being delivered. They only had received one and were looking to get it off the lot as soon as it came.

I dont have the time to look at it till next weekend, if still there.

Plus the tech package is a bit above what I'd like to spend right now.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:38 AM
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 72 Posts
In for service. I think it looks a lot better in person.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by Terdbath
In for service. I think it looks a lot better in person.
I saw and sat in one on May 9th when I picked up my RDX and I agree, the ILX (as in EVERY ACURA) looks much better in person than on any pics.

OP...this next statement does NOT apply to you...its a personal rant!

Also, this does not look like a CIVIC that everyone keeps saying. I dislike when people use a quote from car magazines. Acura's parent company is Honda, just as Lexus is to Toyota and Audi is to VW! Enough already with these lame "it looks likes a civic! I find the IS250 looks like a Corolla, the R8 looks like a Passat too while we are it. I mean the PAssat has 4 tires and so does the R8 so they do look the same. *sigh* Sorry for being cranky on a Friday but I wish people could look at things more objectively and not comment just for the sake of commenting at times
The following users liked this post:
spdandpwr (05-25-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
I saw and sat in one on May 9th when I picked up my RDX and I agree, the ILX (as in EVERY ACURA) looks much better in person than on any pics.

Also, this does not look like a CIVIC that everyone keeps saying. I dislike when people use a quote from car magazines. Acura's parent company is Honda, just as Lexus is to Toyota and Audi is to VW! Enough already with these lame "it looks likes a civic! I find the IS250 looks like a Corolla, the R8 looks like a Passat too while we are it. I mean the PAssat has 4 tires and so does the R8 so they do look the same. *sigh* Sorry for being cranky on a Friday but I wish people could look at things more objectively and not comment just for the sake of commenting at times
+1 on all points.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Intermediate

So we saw the ILX today. I liked the car, my wife did not. They had the base engine with tech package only.

It did not look like a civic at all. Its a very good looking car in person. Inside and out. Unfortunately, I think its a little out of my league at this point in my life. But from my wife's look, I think the acura we may be looking at is the TL.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,394 Likes on 699 Posts
Wink My Thoughts

Stopped by my local dealer as they had Acura polo shirts buy 1 get 1 free; could not make up my mind if the wearer would look like an Acura employee or not, so did not buy any yet.

Did a walk around of the ILX: it was parked outside in the heat so it was rather quick & it was locked so no chance to gauge the interior. Overall, I thought it looked very nice altho it was missing some little things that even the 1st generation TSX had that could have made it more luxury-esque, such as side-mirror blinkers & chrome door handles (they could have added these to the tech package or something). Based upon the looks, this should be a decent seller for Acura.

On a side note: there were no 2013 RDXs left on the lot. No 2012 RLs either: they had 1 that sold rather quickly & I suspect that there will be no more.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by TSX69
Stopped by my local dealer as they had Acura polo shirts buy 1 get 1 free; could not make up my mind if the wearer would look like an Acura employee or not, so did not buy any yet.

Did a walk around of the ILX: it was parked outside in the heat so it was rather quick & it was locked so no chance to gauge the interior. Overall, I thought it looked very nice altho it was missing some little things that even the 1st generation TSX had that could have made it more luxury-esque, such as side-mirror blinkers & chrome door handles (they could have added these to the tech package or something). Based upon the looks, this should be a decent seller for Acura.

On a side note: there were no 2013 RDXs left on the lot. No 2012 RLs either: they had 1 that sold rather quickly & I suspect that there will be no more.
The ILX looks nice, even without the side blinkers and chrome handles. Just wish the window sticker looked 'better.'

My local dealer has rows of TSX's and TL's... never more than 1 new RDX on the lot. Didn't see any RLs (but there is usually one in the showroom) but they had one ZDX parked next to thier one ILX.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
i saw and sat in one on may 9th when i picked up my rdx and i agree, the ilx (as in every acura) looks much better in person than on any pics.

Op...this next statement does not apply to you...its a personal rant!

Also, this does not look like a civic that everyone keeps saying. I dislike when people use a quote from car magazines. Acura's parent company is honda, just as lexus is to toyota and audi is to vw! Enough already with these lame "it looks likes a civic! I find the is250 looks like a corolla, the r8 looks like a passat too while we are it. I mean the passat has 4 tires and so does the r8 so they do look the same. *sigh* sorry for being cranky on a friday but i wish people could look at things more objectively and not comment just for the sake of commenting at times
+2
Old 05-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
My wife and I went to pick up our TSX at the dealer that was in for service. I wanted her to see the ILX and see her reaction as a possible replacement for the TSX. She liked it and thought it was good looking until she saw the price on the windows sticker for the 2.0 Tech. She thought $32k and 150hp did not add together.

The TSX looked more attractive after seeing the price of the ILX. I am sure a lot of people will feel that way.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:27 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 834 Likes on 518 Posts
Right now, the TSX is a more attractive car as it's barely more expensive than a ILX premium. When you also consider the discounts available on the TSX, it's a even better deal. However, I believe this will only persist for the short term. When the next gen TSX comes out (if it's not being cut), it will be further away from the ILX in terms of pricing, luxury level, and performance.

On the other hand, I don't think the ILX Dynamic at around $30k is that bad. It's decently fast while still being quite comfortable and reasonably luxury.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Racer

Next gen TSX, I like the sound of that, but I doubt it will be redesigned.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
TSX is global car (see Honda Spirior in China) with much higher production rate than ILX. and TSX shares 2.4 engine with other Honda with minor modifications. Honda can afford to give incentives on it.
how many Hondas uses that 2.0 engine now?. Either they downgrade ILX further with exact Civic Engine with regular fuel and lower the price to much closer to Civic higher end models or it become complete flop.
Week has passed and no has shown that they bought an ILX at acurazine. ILX is now competing with ZDX with slowest start for new model Acura.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:15 AM
Summer is Coming

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
TSX is global car (see Honda Spirior in China) with much higher production rate than ILX. and TSX shares 2.4 engine with other Honda with minor modifications. Honda can afford to give incentives on it.
how many Hondas uses that 2.0 engine now?. Either they downgrade ILX further with exact Civic Engine with regular fuel and lower the price to much closer to Civic higher end models or it become complete flop.
Week has passed and no has shown that they bought an ILX at acurazine. ILX is now competing with ZDX with slowest start for new model Acura.
The TSX isn't a global car, the JDM / Euro Accord and the Chinese Spiror might be. Yes the TSX is based on that platform but the TSX is only built in Japan which makes it expensive to import to the US. They build the Spiror in China. I suppose if Honda wanted to shift production of the TSX to China they could and possibly import them to the US cheaper. But even cheaper still to build them in the US like they did with the ILX.

I can't see an even smaller engine in the ILX. But I think most agree it seems like a tough sell at that price. We'll see soon when sales figures roll 9or trickle) in. It will probably sell more than the ZDX and RL simply due to its lower price, but I don't see Acura meeting its annual sales goal. I think they said 40,000 ILX per year?

Personally I like the car but not the price.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

+10
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
The TSX isn't a global car, the JDM / Euro Accord and the Chinese Spiror might be. Yes the TSX is based on that platform but the TSX is only built in Japan which makes it expensive to import to the US. They build the Spiror in China. I suppose if Honda wanted to shift production of the TSX to China they could and possibly import them to the US cheaper. But even cheaper still to build them in the US like they did with the ILX.

I can't see an even smaller engine in the ILX. But I think most agree it seems like a tough sell at that price. We'll see soon when sales figures roll 9or trickle) in. It will probably sell more than the ZDX and RL simply due to its lower price, but I don't see Acura meeting its annual sales goal. I think they said 40,000 ILX per year?

Personally I like the car but not the price.
TSX is strip down rebadge version of Euro Accord. except for grill and badges every thing is identical.
On other hand ILX is not rebadge version of any Civic in the world. It has different sheet metal, engines, dash board, seats, rims, lights, window thickness everything has been changed except for wheel base.
thats why it so expensive.
contrary to popular perception Japanese cars for higher end are not expensive. see Lexus LS/GS/LX/GX. offcourse low volume of RL/Honda Legend make it expensive. TSX does not have such problem. Honda has invested huge on TSX/EuroAccord platform. see the number of variations it have accross the world. unless they change Euro Accord. There is little reason for discontinuing TSX as it is adding volume to same factory.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Racer

How is the TSX a strip down version, how much more is it different or offered on the Euro Accord?
Old 05-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
TSX is strip down rebadge version of Euro Accord. except for grill and badges every thing is identical.
On other hand ILX is not rebadge version of any Civic in the world. It has different sheet metal, engines, dash board, seats, rims, lights, window thickness everything has been changed except for wheel base.
thats why it so expensive.
contrary to popular perception Japanese cars for higher end are not expensive. see Lexus LS/GS/LX/GX. offcourse low volume of RL/Honda Legend make it expensive. TSX does not have such problem. Honda has invested huge on TSX/EuroAccord platform. see the number of variations it have accross the world. unless they change Euro Accord. There is little reason for discontinuing TSX as it is adding volume to same factory.
the new accord is said to be the same across the globe. that means there will be very little variation between the accord of europe and the us.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by spdandpwr
the new accord is said to be the same across the globe. that means there will be very little variation between the accord of europe and the us.
It is just talk. They havent created a global civic let alone global accord.
current model will be on sale untill 2014 in UK.
Next Honda Accord Euro has to go much more upscale and light weight considering enlarged IS coming next year. IS 220D is the only Lexus with Diesel 2.2. Same capacity as EuroAccord. The rest of engines dont even matter in EU.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:43 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by dominik331
How is the TSX a strip down version, how much more is it different or offered on the Euro Accord?
when you consider higher end Type S. More agressive sport suspension, active cornering lights, Front & Rear parking sensor, advance ADAS. in addition the UV reducing glass is much darker.

This is one pretty interesting comparision test (click the open table on right). Euro Accord ES GT.that has aero kit beats Vauxhall Insignia in straight line performance and 3mpg in fuel economy despite latest Vauxhall claiming 0.27Cd and 10bhp more. Both have 6speed Manual transmission (no variablity of auto transmission) with identical weight. It is extremely difficult to beat 0.27cd car in fuel economy that has much more modern engine and bhp for a diesel.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...ec_es_gt.html#

Old 06-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Rocket_man.....VTEC Racer.....CoquiTSX.....THANK YOU all for your support in my rant It is nice to see I have some support from my Acurazine friends. Have a good weekend guys