Originally Posted by edcygan
Ha Ha HA good catch. I don't believe I can edit it. Thanks
Cheers! Welcome to AZine!
Old 02-27-2017, 10:06 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New (to me) Used 2014 ILX 6MT

Hello all,

New to the forum (obviously), having just bought a 2014 ILX 6MT with 27k miles, and a decent amount of the original Acura warranty remaining (a bit over a year for bumper to bumper, a bit over 3 years for the powertrain). I am a longtime VW/Audi owner that eventually got sick of things going wrong on my car(s), and wanted something a bit more reliable that still had a bit of warranty remaining.

So far (its only been two days!), I really love the ILX with the manual transmission. The power is solid (vtec!), the shifts are short and extremely smooth, and the interior and features are great. The only negatives would be the soft electronic steering and soft suspension. I plan on replacing the touring all-seasons tires with some summers once the weather heats up in NY which should help, and after the b2b warranty expires Ill look into adding a stiffer civic si rear sway bar. But I plan on keeping this car as stock as possible.

I am honestly very surprised and happy with this car. I was looking for a car that I previously didn't think existed- something that was super reliable, sporty and fun to drive, luxurious, still has a manual transmission!, large enough to accommodate two kids booster seats, and not too expensive. None of the cars I looked at previously (GTI, WRX, Focus ST, VW CC, etc...) was able to hit all of those marks (lack of reliability being the biggest issue). And a TL 6MT or G37 was a bit out of my price range at the low miles I wanted. The ILX 6MT is indeed a compromise- but a compromise that fits all of my criteria.

Name or Screen Name: ILXSun
Country/State/City of purchase: NY, USA
Last 5 digit of Vin: ---
Color Ext/Int: Silver Moon
Trim level: 6MT Premium
Month/Yr of purchase: Feb 2017
Price paid before tax/lic:$14k with 27k miles
Old 06-01-2017, 02:05 PM
10th Gear

Name or Screen Name: Nick / ILLX
Country/State/City of purchase: Charlotte, NC
Last 5 digit of Vin: xxxxx
Color Ext/Int: Catalina Blue w/ Ebony leather/suede
Trim level: 2016 2.4 Premium w/ A Spec
Month/Yr of purchase: 10/2016
Price paid before tax/lic: $23,000 (CPO w/ 8,500 miles)

This is my first Acura and I really am impressed with it. I was always into VW/Audi (had 7 of them) and while they're still some of my favorite cars I just grew tired of their constant issues. My husband always had a Honda/Acura or Lexus (he currently has a 2013 RDX) so I began to see the reliable light of Japanese luxury cars. First non VW/Audi car was a 2012 Scion TC which I loved but it was missing the luxury features I wanted. Next was a 2009 Lexus IS250 AWD bc it had those luxury features and was so comfy but a little sluggish. That's where the ILX came in, after looking at it and test driving it, I felt like it was the best of both worlds...luxury comfort with that sporty fun-to-drive attitude. I knew I wanted the A Spec and was really just torn between Bellanova White or Catalina Blue so when a certified pre-owned Catalina Blue A Spec showed up at my local Acura dealer, it felt meant to be. I love it so far (other than the sound system being a little weak) and definitely want to make it my own with some minor mods.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:37 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Name or Screen Name: KNac
Country/State/City of purchase: Torrance, CA
Last 5 digit of Vin: xxxxx
Color Ext/Int:Trim level: Black/Black 2015 2.4L
Month/Yr of purchase: 10/2014
Price paid before tax/lic: $27000
Old 06-24-2017, 08:48 AM
10th Gear

Name or Screen Name: mprotege92
Country/State/City of purchase: NJ
Last 5 digit of Vin: 00729
Color Ext/Int: Black/Black
Trim level: 2.4L Premium
Month/Yr of purchase: 2/17
Price paid before tax/lic: 18200
Old 07-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 168 Likes on 140 Posts
I think I never replied to this thread, so here is a late entry.

Name or Screen Name: schen72
Country/State/City of purchase: USA / CA / Los Gatos
Last 5 digit of Vin: 21149
Color Ext/Int: Catalina Blue / Black
Trim level: Tech Plus ASPEC
Month/Yr of purchase: 02 / 2016
Price paid before tax/lic: $29,500

Old 07-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Intermediate

Name or Screen Name: fjoelli
Country/State/City of purchase: USA/ca/Oakland
Last 5 digit of Vin: 00322
Color Ext/Int: grey
Trim level: 2.0
Month/Yr of purchase: 06 / 2017
Price paid before tax/lic: $9,000
Attached Thumbnails ILX owner sign-in-img_20170602_161602.jpg  
Old 07-16-2017, 01:33 AM
7th Gear

New to group

Name or Screen Name: K24Acura
Country/State/City of purchase: CT
Last 5 digit of Vin:
Color Ext/Int: White/ Black
Trim level: 2.4L Premium
Month/Yr of purchase: 3/17

- K&N Tornado intake installed 7/14/17 💥
Look forward to more tasteful mods for my daily driver 😜
Old 12-18-2017, 07:20 PM
2nd Gear

Name or Screen Name: mav1585
Model: 2017 ILX
Miles: 8
Country/State/City of purchase: LA
Color Ext/Int: Black
Trim level: Base
Month/Yr of purchase: Dec 2017
Price paid before tax/lic: $20,500

Hello everyone. I just got rid of my PoS Audi and got this ILX. It's my first Honda/Acura product. I'm sick of always working on German cars and I'm sick of American cars not lasting long. Hoping Acura can solve both for me. I'll be honest with ya, the reviews on the ILX had me a little weary. So many negative comments but they all seemed too picky to me. Not enough headroom, not enough cabin room, shifts too quickly, same as a civic with different emblems, etc. But when I test drove it, I had no complaints. I'm 6'2", 250lbs so yeah I noticed it wasn't exactly roomie but it wasn't uncomfortable. What do you expect with a COMPACT luxury sedan? I'd rather have that and save on gas and weight rather than buying a boat. I agree with most reviews that it doesn't compete with others in its class like the C240 but then again isn't the ILX like $3-4k cheaper? And will last longer, not have as many issues, cheaper insurance (mine went down after switching with a 08 A4). After the dealer gave me an awesome offer, I couldn't refuse. So far I'm happy. As a first time Acura owner, any tips/tricks/hints would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2017, 07:23 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ILXSun
Hello all,

New to the forum (obviously), having just bought a 2014 ILX 6MT with 27k miles, and a decent amount of the original Acura warranty remaining (a bit over a year for bumper to bumper, a bit over 3 years for the powertrain). I am a longtime VW/Audi owner that eventually got sick of things going wrong on my car(s), and wanted something a bit more reliable that still had a bit of warranty remaining.

So far (its only been two days!), I really love the ILX with the manual transmission. The power is solid (vtec!), the shifts are short and extremely smooth, and the interior and features are great. The only negatives would be the soft electronic steering and soft suspension. I plan on replacing the touring all-seasons tires with some summers once the weather heats up in NY which should help, and after the b2b warranty expires Ill look into adding a stiffer civic si rear sway bar. But I plan on keeping this car as stock as possible.

I am honestly very surprised and happy with this car. I was looking for a car that I previously didn't think existed- something that was super reliable, sporty and fun to drive, luxurious, still has a manual transmission!, large enough to accommodate two kids booster seats, and not too expensive. None of the cars I looked at previously (GTI, WRX, Focus ST, VW CC, etc...) was able to hit all of those marks (lack of reliability being the biggest issue). And a TL 6MT or G37 was a bit out of my price range at the low miles I wanted. The ILX 6MT is indeed a compromise- but a compromise that fits all of my criteria.

Name or Screen Name: ILXSun
Country/State/City of purchase: NY, USA
Last 5 digit of Vin: ---
Color Ext/Int: Silver Moon
Trim level: 6MT Premium
Month/Yr of purchase: Feb 2017
Price paid before tax/lic:$14k with 27k miles
HAHA I feel ya about Audi!! So sick of working on mine. The vacuum pump oil leak was the final straw before I decided to trade it in. Especially with a timing belt change due next year....Bye bye Audi
Old 12-23-2017, 04:39 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Name or Screen Name: Seeparks
Country/State/City of purchase: Canada
Last 5 digit of Vin:
Color Ext/Int: Bellanova White Pearl
Trim level: 2017 Acura ILX ASPEC (Canadian)
Month/Yr of purchase: November 2017
Price paid before tax/lic:

This is our first Acura and I actually bought it for my wife; it’s her daily driver. I had a 2004 Honda Civic awhile ago and I currently drive a 2012 Mazda 3 GS Skyactiv. I thought we would get another Honda/Acura sedan as I’m eyeing the Mazda CX-5 as our next purchase to get into a SUV/CUV.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:20 PM
10th Gear

Name or Screen Name: itsdannylam
Country/State/City of purchase: Canada
Last 5 digit of Vin:
Color Ext/Int: Black/Black
Trim level: 2015 6MT Dynamic
Month/Yr of purchase: January, 2017
Price paid before tax/lic:

First Acura I've owned. Bought it used from a dealer trading up from a 6th Gen Civic SI Coupe that was an auto. That car was getting old and I didn't want to spend any more into repairs since I wasn't planning to keep it for much longer. When I saw the car with the lip kit I instantly fell in love with it. Had it for almost a year now and still love it like the first day when I went to pick it up. Only thing I wish it had was Android Auto but other than that it's a great daily!
Old 02-17-2018, 01:25 AM
9th Gear

Name or Screen Name: XCIII110
Country/State/City of purchase: USA / VA / Chantilly
Last 5 digit of Vin: 02341
Color Ext/Int: Crystal Black Pearl / Ebony
Trim level: Base 2.0 5AT
Month/Yr of purchase: Jan 2017
Old 02-19-2018, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

Name or Screen Name: Rob
Country/State/City of purchase: USA/IL/Chicago(land)
Color Ext/Int: Gray/Tan leather
Trim level: 2013 Hybrid w/Technology Package
Month/Yr of purchase: February 2018

This is my first Acura after having two German cars before this: 1999 VW Jetta and a 2009 Mini Cooper. While I enjoyed the driving experience of those, so far I'm enjoying a SWEET and comfy interior, smooth ride, and all the technology. I'm hoping for good reliability now that I'm back to a Japanese car after almost 20 years (I grew up with Toyotas). While any mods I may do will be small-scale, I'm looking forward to learning more about the Acura world.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Cruisin'

Thumbs up

Name or Screen Name: Robert / MegaManILX
Country/State/City of purchase: Reno, NV
Last 5 digit of Vin: 11176
Color Ext/Int: Catalina Blue Pearl / Ebony
Trim level: 2017 Acura ILX A-Spec Premium
Month/Yr of purchase: 09/2018
Price paid before tax/lic: $27,723.54 out the door price
Old 08-21-2018, 01:03 PM
Intermediate

My 2017

As seen below I have a 2017 ILX.

Name or Screen Name: Dave / Davidlstewart
Country/State/City of purchase: Akron, OH
Last 5 digit of Vin: 15185
Color Ext/Int: modern steel metallic / black
Trim level: 2017 Acura ILX Base
Month/Yr of purchase: 08/2017 (?)
Price paid before tax/lic: $22k

I have been around the forum here and there figured I should sign onto officially. I work at an Acura dealer so that helps haha. I love the content excited as I go to add mods to the car. I love this car only thing I would change is the exhaust would be exposed but sooner or later hopefully that will change. Thank you to everyone that posts and has valuable input.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:53 AM
1st Gear

Name or Screen Name: Von Kloudz
Country/State/City of purchase: USA/NY
Last 5 digit of Vin:
Color Ext/Int:Crystal Black Pearl
Trim level: 2.4L Premium 6MT
Month/Yr of purchase: 01/19
Price paid before tax/lic: 15000
Old 02-19-2019, 05:37 PM
5th Gear

Name or Screen Name: Donovan (Don_Perignon)
Country/State/City of purchase: Northern CA...Bay Area!
Color Ext/Int: Majestic Black Pearl w/ Ebony Interior
Trim level: 2019 Premium Model
Month/Yr of purchase: 2/2019
Price paid before tax/lic: $29,000 Out the Door

First Post! Just bought my ILX yesterday, my first Acura ever.. The re-design won me over, so I decided to purchase one yesterday (with the President's Day finance specials)

I also own an E92 335i (N54 coupe)...it's been in and out of the shop too often over the last two years so not a viable daily driver anymore.

Looking forward to learning from y'all (and no more HPFP failures! LOL)
Old 02-20-2019, 12:19 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by Don_Perignon
Name or Screen Name: Donovan (Don_Perignon)
Country/State/City of purchase: Northern CA...Bay Area!
Color Ext/Int: Majestic Black Pearl w/ Ebony Interior
Trim level: 2019 Premium Model
Price paid before tax/lic: $29,000 Out the Door

First Post! Just bought my ILX yesterday, my first Acura ever.. The re-design won me over, so I decided to purchase one yesterday (with the President's Day finance specials)

I also own an E92 335i (N54 coupe)...it's been in and out of the shop too often over the last two years so not a viable daily driver anymore.

Looking forward to learning from y'all (and no more HPFP failures! LOL)
Actually was out shopping the market over the weekend too. I decided not to buy. For Feb Acura was only offering factory to dealer rebates on leases. Can't believe the sales manager actually showed it to me but yea, $2,650 factory cash to dealer for new leases on ILX. $0 for financing. I'm in no hurry to buy so I'm gonna wait Feb out and see if incentives swing my way in March or April. The best offer I got over the weekend was 27,800 + TTL on the ILX Premium w/ ASpec. I also live in CA but down in the LA area.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:42 PM
8th Gear

Name or Screen Name: MyILX83
Country/State/City of purchase: Chicago, IL
Last 5 digit of Vin: 03117
Color Ext/Int: Platinum White
Trim level: Tech Plus ASpec
Price paid before tax/lic: $25,500 before ttl
Old 03-01-2019, 11:59 AM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by MyILX83
Name or Screen Name: MyILX83
Country/State/City of purchase: Chicago, IL
Last 5 digit of Vin: 03117
Color Ext/Int: Platinum White
Trim level: Tech Plus ASpec
Price paid before tax/lic: $25,500 before ttl

I offered 25,800 for just the premium w/ aspec to 10 dealerships near me and no one bit. Luck you!!! gratz!!
Old 11-18-2019, 10:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Name or Screen Name: saturnotaku
Country/State/City of purchase: USA/IL/Suburban Chicago
Last 5 digit of Vin: 00880
Color Ext/Int: Majestic Black / Red
Trim level: Premium + A-Spec
Month/Yr of purchase: November 2019
Price paid before tax/lic: $27,800

As I said in my introductory post, I'm a long-time fan of the brand, but this is my first foray into ownership. What I didn't mention is that I really wanted a new Civic Si, but with my wife unwilling to learn stick, the ILX was the next-best option. I fell in love with the red interior that's available with the A-Spec Package so I had to have it. And as a lifelong fan of the Chicago Blackhawks and hater of white cars, the only exterior paint that could pair with it was Majestic Black. It turns out this specific color combination is hard to come by in the greater Midwest. In a five-state search, I could only find two: a 2019 with Tech Package that was 4+ hours away and a 2020 from the dealership closest to my house. You can probably guess which one I ended up getting. Did I pay more than I could have had I compromised and bought a 2019 in a different color? Sure, but as the old adage goes, "Pay once, cry once." Still, I think it was a fair price, and everyone at the dealer was great to work with, so I'm happy.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:09 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by saturnotaku
Name or Screen Name: saturnotaku
Country/State/City of purchase: USA/IL/Suburban Chicago
Last 5 digit of Vin: 00880
Color Ext/Int: Majestic Black / Red
Trim level: Premium + A-Spec
Month/Yr of purchase: November 2019
Price paid before tax/lic: $27,800

As I said in my introductory post, I'm a long-time fan of the brand, but this is my first foray into ownership. What I didn't mention is that I really wanted a new Civic Si, but with my wife unwilling to learn stick, the ILX was the next-best option. I fell in love with the red interior that's available with the A-Spec Package so I had to have it. And as a lifelong fan of the Chicago Blackhawks and hater of white cars, the only exterior paint that could pair with it was Majestic Black. It turns out this specific color combination is hard to come by in the greater Midwest. In a five-state search, I could only find two: a 2019 with Tech Package that was 4+ hours away and a 2020 from the dealership closest to my house. You can probably guess which one I ended up getting. Did I pay more than I could have had I compromised and bought a 2019 in a different color? Sure, but as the old adage goes, "Pay once, cry once." Still, I think it was a fair price, and everyone at the dealer was great to work with, so I'm happy.

Only black?! Idk... Kinda like my steel matallic w/ red interior. Gratz dude.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:12 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by synxack
Only black?! Idk... Kinda like my steel matallic w/ red interior. Gratz dude.
Context, my friend :

And as a lifelong fan of the Chicago Blackhawks and hater of white cars, the only exterior paint that could pair with it was Majestic Black.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:17 AM
3rd Gear

Name or Screen Name: NAforever
Country/State/City of purchase: Dallas, TX
Last 5 digit of Vin: 10196
Color Ext/Int: Apex Blue/Red
Trim level: 2019 A-Spec with Tech
Month/Yr of purchase: 10/2019
Price paid before tax/lic: $26.5K
Old 05-26-2020, 12:15 PM
5th Gear

Hi All. Day One Here. Cheers 🥂

Name or Screen Name: JeffCan
Country/State/City of purchase: Tustin, CA, USA
Last 5 digit of Vin: 6037
Color Ext/Int: White/Black Leather
Trim level: 2.4L, 8 speed

I don’t park in red zones 😁. Stopped to smoke and text safely. Took the picture for sis a week after buying.

Month/Yr of purchase: May 2019
Price paid before tax/lic: appx. 19K
Old 08-21-2020, 06:39 PM
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Name or Screen Name: Paul (Paulcet)
Country/State/City of purchase: Near Atlanta
Last 5 digit of Vin: 00443
Color Ext/Int:Black/Black
Trim level: 2.0 Base
Month/Yr of purchase: 8/20
Price paid before tax/lic:$9500

I had a '12 Civic EX, and read that the '12 Civic is the worst one ever produced by Honda. The writers were correct. But it's still a Honda, and the style wasn't too bad. My only complaints were that it needed a little more power, a little better handling, and better interior. The ILX has all that. I got the '13 ILX with 83k miles on it and gave the Civic with 125k miles to my son.

The following users liked this post:
JeffCan (08-21-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 04:56 PM
3rd Gear

New to the ILX

Name or Screen Name: Windz619
Country/State/City of purchase: California
Last 5 digit of Vin: 03917
Color Ext/Int: Silver
Trim level: Base 2.0L
Month/Yr of purchase: 8/2020
Price paid before tax/lic: 8,900 (Salvaged)

Came from a 2001 Honda Accord that ended up dying on me (starter and starter solenoid). Found from my brother in law who bought his daughter/my niece (also salvaged) a pretty hooked up ride (CVT, but I'm not judging). Under 52K miles. salvaged only because of suspension damage, and it would've cost more to fix. The small dealer got this from an auction, fixed her up. They and a couple of Honda Civics....and at the price I purchased it at (all cash), I got it Reg'd right then and therea well. Super surprised it was still there, and it drove and handles so much better than the 09 Accord I had my eye on.

...of course, I followed social distancing!

I named her Isabella.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:57 PM
5th Gear

Name or Screen Name: Pasco2008
Country/State/City of purchase: USA/FLorida/ Lakeland
Last 5 digit of Vin: 04120
Color Ext/Int: Apex Blue Pearl/ Red
Trim level: A-Spec W Premium package
Month/Yr of purchase: 02/2021
Price paid before tax/lic: 28500.00
Old 02-17-2021, 08:59 PM
5th Gear

The following users liked this post:
godfather2 (02-18-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 11:47 AM
7th Gear

Name: Lee
State: Ohio
Color Ext/Int: White / Beige
Trim level: Premium
Month/Yr of purchase: June 2021
Old 07-10-2021, 06:41 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Name or Screen Name: BG905
Country/State/City of purchase: Maple Shade, NJ
Last 5 digit of Vin: 02420
Color Ext/Int: Platinum White Pearl/Ebony
Trim level: A-Spec with Premium
Month/Yr of purchase: 07/2021
Price paid before tax/lic: $25,500
Old 08-09-2021, 11:28 AM
3rd Gear

Country/State/City of purchase: Thousand Oaks, CA
Color Ext/Int: Grey/Black
Trim level: Aspec
Month/Yr of purchase:07/21
Price paid before tax/lic: 28000

Just finished installing my Injen CAI and Fullrace catback exhaust. Any meets in socal?
Old 02-03-2024, 11:44 AM
7th Gear

2022 ILX Base

Good Afternoon all members
December 2023
2022 ILX Black Pearl
Base Model - No accessories
(Used Lease return) $20.8k @ Kia NJ Dealership

I will be mostly in the Audio / GPS / Electrical threads. Prior owner of Acura RSX 2006 (Sold) Presently here to give more options to the Base model owners as a vital option to A-Spec. The A-Spec Trim has antique GPS system, and middle of the road Audio sound quality.
I am to document subwoofer options and aftermarket Interior Updates