The ILX Lounge

Old 06-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
The ILX Lounge

Okay so Im not sure if we really have enough people to consider this thread.

But after a quote from pockets I wanted to get pictures together of what people have done with the ILX so far...

Originally Posted by pockets
It's funny you say that because if you look at all the builds on here; so far every ILX looks pretty different. That is pretty interesting considering there isn't much out there for our cars compared to most!
In no particular order...

Sumo-ilx

bdgold

mmli213

CHUCKthis

team3D

tech2332

SlammedILX
Name:  aarontheasian.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  96.4 KB

OSUBeaver
Name:  P1240158_zps56c680a5.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  118.7 KB

Pockets
Name:  IMG_00001450_zpsdc69afa0.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  134.7 KB

aomechmarine

White Angel

appmastertech

xdtownx
Name:  photo17_zpsbac59c87.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  115.4 KB

SoCalSalesRep
Name:  photo8_zps6ae2a937.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  90.2 KB

triscuit
Name:  IMG_6476.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  86.0 KB

chinoxii
Name:  IMG_6103_zps6fd029a8.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  83.2 KB

4cruzin
Name:  puddle_right_front.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  106.5 KB

Chrisotop
Name:  IMG_2613_zps70c638ca.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  100.2 KB

usdmJON

I know I missed some ILXs. Post some pictures of your whip... ask general questions, shoot comments. Do whatever. I just wanted to put this pictures somewhere at the top of a page. Enjoy.

Last edited by usdmJON; 06-19-2014 at 01:37 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by usdmJON:
In2itioN (06-24-2014), justnspace (06-20-2014), theque9 (06-24-2014), Timmy18 (06-20-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Very Nice....

I am going to be buying a new ILX 6spd white, crimson or blue within the next month, so this thread is nice to see what others are doing without having to hunt through this forum. I've got a couple different types of 18" Enkie rims and tires sitting in my wish list on the Tire Rack website which I'll order the day I buy the car and I've been to A Touch of Shade, a local window tinting business.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
nice thread brotha.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by razingkane93
Very Nice....

I am going to be buying a new ILX 6spd white, crimson or blue within the next month, so this thread is nice to see what others are doing without having to hunt through this forum. I've got a couple different types of 18" Enkie rims and tires sitting in my wish list on the Tire Rack website which I'll order the day I buy the car and I've been to A Touch of Shade, a local window tinting business.

Awesome! Glad to hear it helped. Cant wait to see the ILX. Once you get those wheels on we'll have to update this thread.

I also need to add

ChrisDonnelly
Name:  d10dfe1abcb97ff3b92664e1d31db0aa.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  734.7 KB

F_L_abs

ILX6speed

Switt23 (sold)

Flightwriter

Currently trying to find pictures online of Sadaat's ILX (veilside)... black ILX white 19in HRE reps. Pockets may have some shots with his whip.
The following 3 users liked this post by usdmJON:
Flightwriter (06-23-2014), justnspace (06-20-2014), Timmy18 (06-20-2014)
Old 06-19-2014, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Currently look into some 18x8.5 +30 CE28n's in flat black. I also just recently installed a Bride Low Max Vios III sport, because my head was hitting the ceiling. I'll post some pictures later.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Triscuit
Currently look into some 18x8.5 +30 CE28n's in flat black. I also just recently installed a Bride Low Max Vios III sport, because my head was hitting the ceiling. I'll post some pictures later.
Siiick. Can't wait to see that!! Now another build thread can start gaining some popularity. I love your wheel choice already. My favorites so far. We'll see how those new volks stand up against the REs.

What color brides? I cant imagine swapping out my perf. leather seats for racing seats but if you're tall then I get it.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:29 PM
2014 ILX 2.4 6mt black

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
My favorite thread so far! Kudos jon.. man we have soooo many ilx's here. I didnt even realize. I love every single one of them! Im from toronto and only me n sadaat or modded. I love seeing modded ilx's such a beautiful car. I get compliments everywhere i go and no1 knows what the car is lol. Me n sadaat have def inspired some out here! Ill get some of sadaats pics up. Be nice to get all the ilxs out to a huge meet!

Ps for those who care. Found out by experience the 2.4 6mt ilx will eat a 09+ tl awd 3.7 auto off the line up to atleast 150 km and a 05 altima 3.5.

Last edited by pockets; 06-19-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Siiick. Can't wait to see that!! Now another build thread can start gaining some popularity. I love your wheel choice already. My favorites so far. We'll see how those new volks stand up against the REs.

What color brides? I cant imagine swapping out my perf. leather seats for racing seats but if you're tall then I get it.
I just switched out my driver side for a black Vios. I'm thinking of keeping the RE's and powdercoating them Gold or Red.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
Wow, 24 ILX owners here.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Suzuka Master

There are way more. Those are just the ones with at least one mod that I could find. There are a few more with mods I couldnt locate.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Me!
The following 2 users liked this post by pdpgps:
Timmy18 (07-14-2014), usdmJON (06-24-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 06:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Hell yeah!

Si wheels spoiler and a drop?
Old 06-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Hell yeah!

Si wheels spoiler and a drop?
Yes sir!
The following users liked this post:
usdmJON (06-24-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Its a great sporty looking set up. Id love to see those wheels gunmetal. Would be killer.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:42 PM
Suzuka Master

VeilSide

Updated shot of my own ilx with new shoes.

LOVE this shot.
The following 2 users liked this post by usdmJON:
4cruizn (07-15-2014), Timmy18 (07-14-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
Looks good, Jon.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Timmy18
Looks good, Jon.
Thaaank yooou!
If you could what would you ADD next?? Cosmetically
Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
I think you should add the rest of the OEM spoilers - rear decklid, sideskirts, and rear lip. Then the visors when they come out. Pretty much say leave it alone (exterior wise) after that. UNLESS you are into the sidemarkers, then I'd say do that too. This car already looks great, just sucks that the OEM lip kits are pretty pricey. Im going to get the full lip kit at some point, but before I install the side skirts, I'm going to get VIP puddle lights installed on them then wire those in during the side skirt install to avoid rework/double work. Its kinda like underglow, but classier, haha. I think that would look good too on your car, thats why I mention it. I think our cars will look similar towards the end of the builds. We are both going for a VIP style/inspired build, which your wheels are on point with, while still being sporty.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

also waiting for "more low brah" comments...
Old 07-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Suzuka Master

I don't think they'll look much alike. We have some pretty clear styling differences.

Definitely so far the only vip inspired builds though I don't have anything vip yet. We show the only real interest in that. So I am very interested to see where our builds go. Me being me, will drastically change something of it even remotely looks like someone else's. Lol

Puddle lights are already in the works. I've been watching a couple tl owners that installed puddle lights in their mirrors.
My only issue is I'll never see them. I use the sensor on the door ha to open my door so I won't see the puddle until my hands on the door and my foots I'm the water. lol

I like the Lexus type lights better that you mentioned in the skirts. .. but as I said unless you use your remote fob you won't see the puddles.
Also. I like my splash guards. Always loved them. Can't see taking them off to then pay like 600+ for skirts and rear valance.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

NO JON. We MUST make ours cars look the same. EXACTLY. THE. SAME. THERE MUST BE NO DEVIATION - ONLY PERFECTION. :smitler: AND THEN - we will began our campaign of recruiting the rest of the ILX's until they become one of us. ONE OF US..... OONNNNNEEE OOOFFFFF USSSSSS...... I think you should start with carbon fiber wrap on the pillars and roof, greyish color. OR JUST START CHROMING EVERYTHING BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 07-17-2014, 01:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Lmao!
Old 07-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Suzuka Master

IG- Loso_ilx13

Seems we've got a new ILXer killin it. From what I gather he's on airforce suspension with some temporary 17in wheels. Looks fucking great. I messaged him about azine so we'll see if he makes his way over.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

2 things (which may come off hater-ish, not my intent tho) 1.)I think this ILX looks naked as hell without ANY lip kit or spoilers or anything. Rear decklid spoiler is all lonely... I really don't like that look at ALL. Easily fixed tho, throw something on the front lip AT LEAST man, quick! 2.) I think those wheels suck, I feel i can be more honest since dudes going for a different set. 17? Sorry, but might as well stick to stock - 18's at a minimum and really recommend 19's, especially on a bag setup. The panoramic roof looks super nice too. I love the white ILX's and the black roof, looks sexy. I like the yellow fogs, although for some reason, I think that looks nicer on the darker color ILX's..... Anyways, very eager to see what happens now with this pretty fresh ILX. Looks like this dude's going balls deep on a stance type of look.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:00 AM
Three Wheelin'

Also Aaron's ILX now has a giant aggressive APR type wing on his car. It looks pretty sick. I think his is the only ILX that can rock one of those tho. It's on the kingsmen crew instagram. I think he may have stopped coming on here for now, I don't think he liked the critiques on his car too much.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by aomechmarine
2 things (which may come off hater-ish, not my intent tho) 1.)I think this ILX looks naked as hell without ANY lip kit or spoilers or anything. Rear decklid spoiler is all lonely... I really don't like that look at ALL. Easily fixed tho, throw something on the front lip AT LEAST man, quick! 2.) I think those wheels suck, I feel i can be more honest since dudes going for a different set. 17? Sorry, but might as well stick to stock - 18's at a minimum and really recommend 19's, especially on a bag setup. The panoramic roof looks super nice too. I love the white ILX's and the black roof, looks sexy. I like the yellow fogs, although for some reason, I think that looks nicer on the darker color ILX's..... Anyways, very eager to see what happens now with this pretty fresh ILX. Looks like this dude's going balls deep on a stance type of look.
Haaaaaterrrr. hahaha Honestly I fell in love with the stock ilx front end so I think it looks perfect as is. Having the oem lip and sti splitter, Im not in much of a hurry to see other people rocking the same or near same set up so Im all for people rocking a different look. Already have maybe 6 ILX owners rocking the damn sti lip. Just glad no one else with the money to spend on the oem kit is willing to drill into it yet to add the splitter as well. Being that low to the ground, it looks perfect IMO.

As for the wheels. Id still rock aftermarket 17s over stock 17s anyday. With ow low he is, if he goes any larger in wheel size he will either start to tuck (some people just dont like that look, he may be into poke) or he'll gain clearance which Im sure he doesnt want. We'll see where he goes with the new set up.

Also Aaron's ILX now has a giant aggressive APR type wing on his car. It looks pretty sick. I think his is the only ILX that can rock one of those tho. It's on the kingsmen crew instagram. I think he may have stopped coming on here for now, I don't think he liked the critiques on his car too much.
He does. It's J's Racing. He is definitely the only one that can pull it off but if you gave me the chance Id pull it off his car too. hahahaha

Really though, I doubt Aaron stopped coming here because of what people say about his car. He mods it for him. I follow him on IG. He posts all the time and takes criticism pretty well in my opinion. I also dont remember any critiques here. As far as Ive seen he was the firs to have a proper stance, first to have a functional splitter, first to have any real CF. I highly doubt he cares about what people here think. He frequents car shows which is much better then frequenting a forum. lol I wish I lived closer to all those meets.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

@JON - I think later on even more people are going to do the STI lip, as well as OEM and STI lip. It just looks really good. Thats also why we're gonna see quite a few white ILX's with the black roof - it looks great. Actually I think Aaron should do that too, would like great with the carbon trunk and hood. I also left out mud guards earlier when talking about spoilers and stuff. Like on your car, it adds a little bit of aero look, looks good. To me , it has a similar effect as the the small vip roof spoiler - subtle. I think your front lip would look weird without any kind of mudguard or side skirt to flow with. It looks bad IMO when I see a really low front lip, and no side skirts or mudguards. It doesn't flow with the rest of the body lines. I think your car would look BETTER with sideskirts and rear lip, but it looks good as is. The wheels? eh..... Probably if I already had a set sitting around or if I won a raffle or something, yeah i'd throw them on. I went to a car meet that raffled off some Varstoens. I wouldn't buy reps, but i mean, if I won a set of 18's (the biggest they would let you get from the current stock) I would have thrown them on... I honestly think those wheels are ugly tho.... I forgot who had the real gold 17" BBS LM's, sexy wheels, but too small and I don't think the gold matched his car. He went bigger and wider with the next wheels, and they look way better. So far for my tastes, I have a couple favorites so far on here. I think you have the best wheel setup so far. I really like OSU beavers build as well, Digging his style choices and tuning goals. 3rd would actually be Aaron's. Although not at all how I would choose to mod my ILX, it's a pretty original build, does not look like any other ILX. I don't think anyone else is going to take it in that direction for at least another 5 or so years, when younger guys can afford a used one. And they will probably go ricer instead of real quality parts like Aaron has.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

I really recommend socal car meets and shows. its a facebook page i frequent. they have a ton of meet/shows from San Diego all the way towards central California sometimes. I go to a lo of the bigger ones, and the small local ones. If it's small and i'm sitting at home, within a 20 mile radius from me, I'll go. 30-50 miles i'll go if its a big show or event with freebies or maybe even raffles/ food. Further, nah, probably not, too far. And that s all with good traffic flow. a couple times, i was about head out, and a 30 minute drive just turned into a 1 or 2 hour drive in slow ass congested traffic? AW hell no! Even worse I have a stick shift in gridlock traffic - NOPE not doing it.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:00 PM
Suzuka Master

@JON - I think later on even more people are going to do the STI lip, as well as OEM and STI lip. It just looks really good. Thats also why we're gonna see quite a few white ILX's with the black roof - it looks great. Actually I think Aaron should do that too, would like great with the carbon trunk and hood. I also left out mud guards earlier when talking about spoilers and stuff. Like on your car, it adds a little bit of aero look, looks good. To me , it has a similar effect as the the small vip roof spoiler - subtle. I think your front lip would look weird without any kind of mudguard or side skirt to flow with. It looks bad IMO when I see a really low front lip, and no side skirts or mudguards. It doesn't flow with the rest of the body lines. I think your car would look BETTER with sideskirts and rear lip, but it looks good as is. The wheels? eh..... Probably if I already had a set sitting around or if I won a raffle or something, yeah i'd throw them on. I went to a car meet that raffled off some Varstoens. I wouldn't buy reps, but i mean, if I won a set of 18's (the biggest they would let you get from the current stock) I would have thrown them on... I honestly think those wheels are ugly tho.... I forgot who had the real gold 17" BBS LM's, sexy wheels, but too small and I don't think the gold matched his car. He went bigger and wider with the next wheels, and they look way better. So far for my tastes, I have a couple favorites so far on here. I think you have the best wheel setup so far. I really like OSU beavers build as well, Digging his style choices and tuning goals. 3rd would actually be Aaron's. Although not at all how I would choose to mod my ILX, it's a pretty original build, does not look like any other ILX. I don't think anyone else is going to take it in that direction for at least another 5 or so years, when younger guys can afford a used one. And they will probably go ricer instead of real quality parts like Aaron has.
I told aaron once he should vinyl wrap his roof black or cf. He said he doesnt like that look. He likes it as is.

I agree on the front looking awkward if I didnt have splash guards. I wish I could rock sides and splach guards. As well I wish the sides weren't worth an arm and a leg.

Also agree on winning reps. I mean I almost bought reps myself. Not bad if you dont care about reselling them possibly. But yeah, any reps would instantly become my beaters.

As for the ILXer with BBSs they weren't LMs sadly, they were RSs. I wish he kept them and just stepped out the lips to some 18s with a nice low offset. But he'd prefer some (I believe) black reps. Oh well. it was Chinoxii btw. hahaha Crazy memory.

I know you didn't mean to make it sound this way, but Aaron's parts are indeed quality. They may be rice, but they are indeed quality. SSR, Js Racing. I can dig.

I like OSUs build in the sense that he's tuning the shit out of it. But cosmetically I think it looks almost identical to two other users AT LEAST. I was never one for blacking out accessories, i.e. wheels, lights, trim, etc. But to each their own.

I really recommend socal car meets and shows. its a facebook page i frequent. they have a ton of meet/shows from San Diego all the way towards central California sometimes. I go to a lo of the bigger ones, and the small local ones. If it's small and i'm sitting at home, within a 20 mile radius from me, I'll go. 30-50 miles i'll go if its a big show or event with freebies or maybe even raffles/ food. Further, nah, probably not, too far. And that s all with good traffic flow. a couple times, i was about head out, and a 30 minute drive just turned into a 1 or 2 hour drive in slow ass congested traffic? AW hell no! Even worse I have a stick shift in gridlock traffic - NOPE not doing it.

That's why I picked up an Semi-Auto. lol Makes my 30 minute commute to work everyday easier. I can actually drink my coffee while driving. I feel old.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh no, that came out all wrong - i meant Aaron has used quality parts, whereas others probably won't.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Suzuka Master

http://upcomingcars2014.com/2015-acu...concept-price/

LOL They talk about the 2015 ILX and posted a pic of my Mugen inspired photoshop.
4cruizn (08-01-2014)
Old 08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Suzuka Master

WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING

My pet peeve is people color matching the black plastic accents on their car. Makes it looks like a cheap toy.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,629 Likes on 13,880 Posts
Some nice rides in here.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats just dreadfully.....awful
Old 08-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

WHAT ARE PEOPLE THINKING

My pet peeve is people color matching the black plastic accents on their car. Makes it looks like a cheap toy.
Looks like a knock-off Hot Wheels toy...
Old 08-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My new buy, had for 2 months wrapped the roof and antenna with gloss black.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Looking good!! I really need to get my roof done.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:34 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by lmend17
My new buy, had for 2 months wrapped the roof and antenna with gloss black.
Dang it, you've renewed my desire to do this to my ILX, too. Mind if I ask how much it cost, and did you need to remove the antenna first?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Another good looking white ILX with a black roof. It looks too good, gonna be a common trend now. The grey ILX - I actually almost liked the color, its kinda satin matte grey, but that guy covered everything. WHY? It ends up looking like he just plastidipped the whole car or something. Which doesn't make it look too nice IMO. Since there are no accents or anything it looks more boring. Honestly, from that pic angle, it does look like a boring simple Camry.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks usdmJON

Flightwriter it cost me $180.00 to the the roof and an extra $30.00 for the antenna. I had it taken to a shop and I believed they removed it. Its a little hard to keep clean though let me tell u lol, but its well worth it.

Also just picked up some plasti dip black and was gonna dip the grill and back emblem but debadge the ilx. Any tips on using rustomeum crystal clear gloss on plasti. Also not gonna plasti dip the rims, may just powdercoat the stock gloss or satin black. not really a Matte black buy.
Flightwriter (08-04-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The ILX Lounge