ILX 2015 2.4 vs ILX 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
ILX 2015 2.4 vs ILX 2016

I took my ILX for an oil change yesterday and also to have them fix a couple of scratches they had done when my front under spoilers got installed and I got a 2016 ILX loaner, not sure exactly what model it was but i believe they all have same engine and transmission and please correct me if im wrong. I didn't think I would get to drive a 2016 but I did and now I can compare, this is my opinion. On the inside of the car you can see a bunch of little upgrades and more gadgets without a doubt, if i could add these to my 2015 I definitely would. On the other hand what i did not like about this car is the fact that it is an automatic, i do not care if its a dual clutch or 8 speeds and all those things with an automatic transmission you are always gonna get that delayed feeling, that bumpy feeling, not being able to control it, not sure how to explain it. I mean in my opinion they should have done this car in a manual transmission as well. Another thing, not sure if I have grown to love my car too much but aside from the leds and jewel headlights I honestly like the shape of the older version better. Bottom line Im glad I got this last model in a manual transmission, I would not change it for a new version. Maybe when they redesign again but not really attracted to the car. Once again just my humble opinion.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:34 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
It all comes down to opinion really.

Speaking for myself, I would have never even considered an ILX before this redesign. I just think the older ones are kind of a female type car. They really upgraded everything in the 2016, its basically a mini TLX now. It definitely opens up to a whole new crowd. I understand, they shouldve kept an option available for the manual transmission tho.

But yea, ever since I went to the car show in Philly, the 16 stood out to me and I got what I wanted. Couldn't be happier.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
^^^

Are you suggesting 2015 and older ilx is for girly men ?
Old 05-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Advanced

I'm not suggesting that, I feel like guys who bought older ILX models needed to fix their cars up (majority of them did).....riding them stock was kind of girly, and like most critics say it was basically a civic before

Acura pretty much did all the work on the newer models, especially if you get the aspec....seems like they've given the crowd what they want
Old 05-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Safety Car

^^

So to summarize pre 2016 were tarted up civic but 2016+ are acuras

Also pre 2016 must be modded not to be girly , yet 2016+ is manly enough to be left stock !

How do you feel that pre 2016 big motor ilx could be had with manual trannies and currently all ilx are gimpomatic ?

Are manual trans girly ?

Last edited by 2012wagon; 05-02-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Racer

Well yeah like you say it's all about opinions, in my opinion both 2015 and 2016 look punny out the dealer, wheels are too small even if i had a 2016 i would change wheels right away just like i did with my 2015 on the 2015 looking like a civic i dint know man they redisigned but its still bery similar only major diff is that now it is pointier and headlights and here is an image so you see that it still looks very much like a civic a 2015 civic , i couldnt find a pic from same angle but similarities are there and veryyyyyy pronounced
Old 05-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Advanced

them Acura trademark headlights set it apart from every car other company tho, they're the best in the business in my opinion. Not to mention the tails are also led

and the powertrain is totally different in the 16, uses the tlx engine
The following users liked this post:
Rae Rad (11-12-2015)
Old 05-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just go back from a twisty road trip with my 2016 it was incredible. My 2014 was pretty awesome too but the 16 definitely rocked my world paddle shifting like mad and the power upgrade is what I have been looking for since 2014

The delay with the DCT feels like less time than putting your foot down and moving the shifter as far as I could tell and I got to keep both hands on the wheel.

Opinion only here
Old 05-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Agreed ragde. Though I love the power the new ilx puts down as well the tech goodies. Exterior wise I find it not ass attractive as the 2015 minus the jewel eyes.
I dislike the new front bumper. I dislike the new grill. I dislike the new tail lights and dislike the new rear bumper.

To each their own.
As for thinking the 2015 is a girly car and the 2016 is not. I can only laugh at that. They are really the same car on the outside many people wouldn't notice the difference except for the jewel eyes. Saying one is a girly car and the other isn't is pretty stupid.

I'd have to say stock they look like an average brand new car but now way is it gender specific.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Racer

Having a 2.4 there is really no power difference maybe coming from an automatic 2.0 to an automatic 2.4 u will feel difference but i felt same power output
Old 05-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sixers12
them Acura trademark headlights set it apart from every car other company tho, they're the best in the business in my opinion. Not to mention the tails are also led

You couldnt get 2.4 (tsx ,civic si, tlx motor ) in pre 2016 motor with manual ?
Old 05-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Everyone will have their own opinion and will stick by it.

As for the design, I think Acura addressed some of the issues that all of us bitched and complained:

1- Lack of LED lights that other premium brands offer
Acura answer: LED head lights, LED signals, LED tail lights

2- Button crazy center console
Acura answer: Dual screen layout with touch screen. Does it offer better user experience? Not really, but they did remove a lot of buttons

3- Lack of power/ Mediocre fuel economy compared to CLA250/ Buick Verano/ Audi A3
Acura answer: 201 hp/ 180 ft-lb/ 25/36/29 EPA MPG

4- Safety features that premium brands offer
Acura answer: Acura watch

5- Blend design
Acura answer: Redesigned front bumper, rear bumper, etc.

6- Fancy Honda Civic
Acura answer: Moved production plant from Indiana to Ohio

Many of us here are complaining about "lack" of manual transmission in 2016 Acura ILX. When it comes down to it, it was financial reason for Honda. They moved ILX production from Greensburg Indiana to Marysville, Ohio for this 2016 model. Knowing only 5% of the buyer actually bought manual transmission- (5% of 20,000 is 1,000 vehicles per year), adding manual transmission line to the facility where Accord/ TLXs are assembled is too costly (Greensburg plant assembles Non SI & SI civic, so adding manual tranny wasn't a huge issue). Also, 2.4 earth dream have never been paired up with manual transmission, so it probably required $$ on R&D.

Last edited by csj0219; 05-03-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:45 PM
Racer

2015 Manual transmission already had the 201hp the add ons inside the car are cool, would like those on my 2015. it is true that not a lot of people like manual transmission dealer where ingot mines still has ine 2015 manual sitting in show room waiting for buyer because it cant be leased anymore. Im sure they will come back with manual transmissions eventually. And it doesnt matter where they make it, it still looks like a civic

Last edited by ragde556; 05-03-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 869 Likes on 413 Posts
Every car shares some aspects of another car in the lineup. WHO CARES - the CIVIC is an excellent car. Hey, if BMW made a Civic priced car, what would everyone say….the 3 series is just a gussied up whatever. The power train, the sound system, the appearance, the headlights, the ride are quite different than a Civic. I wonder about the Corolla and the IS 250 - same situation - yet Acura takes much more of a hit. Same with my TLX and an Accord. The Accord is a very nice car, but my TLX does most things better….it's not a gussied up Accord. Can we stop with these types of irrelevant comments. They share some important aspects, namely Honda quality, fuel efficiency, and reliability, and the fact like all cars, they are not perfect. End of mini-rant.
equifuse (08-17-2015)
Old 05-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
Every car shares some aspects of another car in the lineup. WHO CARES - the CIVIC is an excellent car. Hey, if BMW made a Civic priced car, what would everyone say….the 3 series is just a gussied up whatever. The power train, the sound system, the appearance, the headlights, the ride are quite different than a Civic. I wonder about the Corolla and the IS 250 - same situation - yet Acura takes much more of a hit. Same with my TLX and an Accord. The Accord is a very nice car, but my TLX does most things better….it's not a gussied up Accord. Can we stop with these types of irrelevant comments. They share some important aspects, namely Honda quality, fuel efficiency, and reliability, and the fact like all cars, they are not perfect. End of mini-rant.
True true
vw=audi
nissan=infinity?
what is mazda? or is mazda infinity?
Old 05-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Safety Car

Infiniti is Nissan

Corolla and Lexus IS are in no way similar
Old 05-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts
I'm not suggesting that, I feel like guys who bought older ILX models needed to fix their cars up (majority of them did).....riding them stock was kind of girly, and like most critics say it was basically a civic before

Acura pretty much did all the work on the newer models, especially if you get the aspec....seems like they've given the crowd what they want
I believe the guys that bought the older ILX and "needed to fix their cars up", would need to "fix up" a Buggati Veyron.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Racer

If you wanna make it look bad ass you still need to modify it!!

ABP UA6 (11-13-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 09:10 AM
3Si
10th Gear

Transmission: I was quite happy with the Acura version of DCT. One of the smoothest DCT I have driven. It's no PDK but definitely better than the first generation DSG. Not quite sure about the delay that was mentioned by the OP. It's a fact that no human can shift faster than a modern DCT. There is a small delay when you go half throttle. If you want a quicker shift for any DCT, you will need to floor it, otherwise the program will always sacrifice performance for a gentle shift.

As for the Civic comparison, if we feel the Civic is a nice car, which it is, then we shouldn't be bothered by the comparison. When I had my EL, I had no problem telling people that it was basically a Civic. Moved on to an A3 2.0T which is basically a Golf GTI, then a 3.2 which I was happy to say it was a R32. With companies sharing more and more platforms these days, comparisons are bound to pop up.

The ILX is a well equipped luxury sedan. I think a lot of us are trying to compare it with something it is not. It is not a track car, the shift will never be aggressive like a power shift, and it shouldn't be. It is not a 3 Series and it is still far from being a German. On the other hand, it's also a good thing because I expect it to be way more reliable than a German car.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:49 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 3Si
Transmission: I was quite happy with the Acura version of DCT. One of the smoothest DCT I have driven. It's no PDK but definitely better than the first generation DSG. Not quite sure about the delay that was mentioned by the OP. It's a fact that no human can shift faster than a modern DCT. There is a small delay when you go half throttle. If you want a quicker shift for any DCT, you will need to floor it, otherwise the program will always sacrifice performance for a gentle shift.

As for the Civic comparison, if we feel the Civic is a nice car, which it is, then we shouldn't be bothered by the comparison. When I had my EL, I had no problem telling people that it was basically a Civic. Moved on to an A3 2.0T which is basically a Golf GTI, then a 3.2 which I was happy to say it was a R32. With companies sharing more and more platforms these days, comparisons are bound to pop up.

The ILX is a well equipped luxury sedan. I think a lot of us are trying to compare it with something it is not. It is not a track car, the shift will never be aggressive like a power shift, and it shouldn't be. It is not a 3 Series and it is still far from being a German. On the other hand, it's also a good thing because I expect it to be way more reliable than a German car.
When you say its a fact thats its faster then this would be going at high speeds? so on a normal drive since there is a delay it means that a human would switch gears faster in everyday driving? I will always feel a manual transmission is more reliable than an automatic and I dont think im the only one who shares this thought, I just had the opportunity to drive both cars and was not impressed by the automatic transmission, maybe i expected more since the car did go up close to 10,000 in cost. Overall the inside of the car has way more things and i would wanna have these in mines!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:03 AM
3Si
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ragde556
When you say its a fact thats its faster then this would be going at high speeds? so on a normal drive since there is a delay it means that a human would switch gears faster in everyday driving? I will always feel a manual transmission is more reliable than an automatic and I dont think im the only one who shares this thought, I just had the opportunity to drive both cars and was not impressed by the automatic transmission, maybe i expected more since the car did go up close to 10,000 in cost. Overall the inside of the car has way more things and i would wanna have these in mines!
For everyday driving, it will depend on how you shift. With a DCT, especially one with a torque converter, when not under full throttle, it acts similar to a traditional slush box. It is still faster, but you can definitely feel the delay. In which case, yes a traditional manual gearbox could shift faster.

Did you try it in manual mode? Or did you leave it in Drive and let the program select the gear for you?

BTW, don't get me wrong. I still enjoy driving stick. Two out of my three current cars are stick. But I wouldn't call myself a die hard stick or nothing enthusiast. I enjoy a good DCT just as much even on the track.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:19 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 3Si
For everyday driving, it will depend on how you shift. With a DCT, especially one with a torque converter, when not under full throttle, it acts similar to a traditional slush box. It is still faster, but you can definitely feel the delay. In which case, yes a traditional manual gearbox could shift faster.

Did you try it in manual mode? Or did you leave it in Drive and let the program select the gear for you?

BTW, don't get me wrong. I still enjoy driving stick. Two out of my three current cars are stick. But I wouldn't call myself a die hard stick or nothing enthusiast. I enjoy a good DCT just as much even on the track.
Yeah of course i tried hehehe it was a loaner i was flooring that shit to the max, the paddle shifters are cool but i dont know i guess i have more fun with the manual, maybe i dont know how to use it correct but lets say with a manual I can downshift from 6th to 4th in just one step with the paddle i gotta go down 6th 5th to 4th, right?
Old 05-05-2015, 10:31 AM
3Si
10th Gear

Yeah of course i tried hehehe it was a loaner i was flooring that shit to the max, the paddle shifters are cool but i dont know i guess i have more fun with the manual, maybe i dont know how to use it correct but lets say with a manual I can downshift from 6th to 4th in just one step with the paddle i gotta go down 6th 5th to 4th, right?
That's one thing that all DCT have trouble with. When you need to downshift two gears it is unable to pre-select that gear. On the other hand, I prefer to go through each gear when down shifting with a stick. It's always fun to double clutch, then heel toe into a corner.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Racer

Is it me or is this a 2016 manual?
Old 06-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 71 Posts
Is it me or is this a 2016 manual?
ok thats just weird...

Interior shot looks like a Base+AcuraWatch, so its the 2016... but wtf is that shifter doing there...

I mean i guess you could figure out a way to get the Accords 6 speed manual to fit onto the 2.4 ILX's engine... since they are so similar.

Since production didn't start till February of 2015, and the press release was what... November 2014?
perhaps they experimented with a 6 speed variant as a test car.

inevitably the 2016 would be faster off a line due to its Torq converter and the fact that 1st and 2nd gears are so damn close together... the 1st gear is just nuts on a 2016 but the shift is so smooth and fast you'll never notice its there.

Might have been a trick to improve the over-all track 0-60 times, or just a simplification of skews; remember less then 5% bought it. So they decided it was better to give the other 95% the same performance as the Type-S's

Last edited by Thmanx; 06-05-2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Rae Ray

Received 58 Likes on 35 Posts

I agree 100% to be honest i was never much for the Acura brand, i mean not that i didnt think they were nice cars but just wasnt somthing i wanted for myself, it didnt have any sparks for my attention, thats until i seen the jewel eye headlights for a tlx displayed at the middle of the mall. I fell in love and when i seen the 16 ilx in my opinion the lights were even better then the TLX because of the new led turn signal and drl . Between this and the new aspec trim i had to get one. Moral of the story... the headlights is what drew me into the Acura Brand

Last edited by Rae Rad; 10-20-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:42 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by Thmanx
ok thats just weird...

Interior shot looks like a Base+AcuraWatch, so its the 2016... but wtf is that shifter doing there...

I mean i guess you could figure out a way to get the Accords 6 speed manual to fit onto the 2.4 ILX's engine... since they are so similar.

Since production didn't start till February of 2015, and the press release was what... November 2014?
perhaps they experimented with a 6 speed variant as a test car.

inevitably the 2016 would be faster off a line due to its Torq converter and the fact that 1st and 2nd gears are so damn close together... the 1st gear is just nuts on a 2016 but the shift is so smooth and fast you'll never notice its there.

Might have been a trick to improve the over-all track 0-60 times, or just a simplification of skews; remember less then 5% bought it. So they decided it was better to give the other 95% the same performance as the Type-S's
that's the civic type-R camo'd in ILX clothing
Old 10-20-2015, 04:07 PM
Rae Ray

It all comes down to opinion really.

Speaking for myself, I would have never even considered an ILX before this redesign. I just think the older ones are kind of a female type car. They really upgraded everything in the 2016, its basically a mini TLX now. It definitely opens up to a whole new crowd. I understand, they shouldve kept an option available for the manual transmission tho.

But yea, ever since I went to the car show in Philly, the 16 stood out to me and I got what I wanted. Couldn't be happier.
Originally Posted by 2012wagon
^^^

Are you suggesting 2015 and older ilx is for girly men ?
I believe what Sixers12 meant to say was since the refresh of the ilx the 2016 looks more sportier. The addition of the new A-spec trim added more character, enhancing the appearance of the ilx.
A poor use of words when he said it use to look like a "female car" because if really doesn't. the 15 looks like it was just missing something... and that something was the rear spoiler, side sills, sport pedals, and front fascia, making it look lower from the front.
I have a 16 A spec and I would had prefer the front bumper of the 15, I think they went "too Sporty" with the front bumper. if that makes any sense...

Last edited by Rae Rad; 10-20-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rae Rad
the 15 looks like it was just missing something... and that something was the rear spoiler, side sills, sport pedals, and front fascia, making it look lower from the front.
I have a 16 A spec and I would had prefer the front bumper of the 15, I think they went "too Sporty" with the front bumper. if that makes any sense...
15 ILX can have Side skirts, sport pedals, and both spoilers offered to the 16 ILX.
Just need the 2.4 and buy the skirts/spoiler.

As for the front I simply like the 13 ILX best. Looks sleaker and less edgy. To me it justs slows more naturally than the 16 bumper. I do love the lighting on the 16 though.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:38 PM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by usdmJON

As for the front I simply like the 13 ILX best. Looks sleaker and less edgy. To me it justs slows more naturally than the 16 bumper. I do love the lighting on the 16 though.
the 2015 bumper with the 2016 healights, I'll take that combo.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone seen photos of the New Civic? The front end is very similar to the 16 ILX. Looks very nice for a Civic. The taillights are not as nice IMHO. The Civic will be available with a turbo rated at 178HP as the top engine choice. Got this info from Autoweek Daily Drive-sorry I don't know how to Post pics here.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Rae Ray

Originally Posted by johnalfa
Has anyone seen photos of the New Civic? The front end is very similar to the 16 ILX. Looks very nice for a Civic. The taillights are not as nice IMHO. The Civic will be available with a turbo rated at 178HP as the top engine choice. Got this info from Autoweek Daily Drive-sorry I don't know how to Post pics here.
I seen the new civic on YouTube its looks awesome, the front fascia and rear is glorious but not a fan of the side profile. And the rims are tight. Not sure of it looks like the ilx. only similarity i saw was maybe the front bumper with the dog bone like design besides that i dont see nothing .
Old 10-22-2015, 05:59 PM
1LX
Cruisin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll honestly take my 2016 over any of the older models. Before this refresh, the ILX was still literally a dressed-up Civic. It had a stroked version of the 1.8L or a complete carryover of the 2.4/6MT, and the level of refinement expected out of an Acura just wasn't there.

As far as the 2016 is concerned, Acura have taken a lot of strides in improving NVH, with more sound insulation, different suspension bushings, and thicker/acoustic glass. The DCT does not leave me wanting for a manual transmission, either.

Though I must say, either generation would be an improvement over my old 2011 Civic.

The 2016 Civic looks sweet. I saw one at work the other day and it looks like a promising car...way better than the 9th gen.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the ilx really has led tails?!
that's news to me and a first for an entry acura
Old 10-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 1LX
I'll honestly take my 2016 over any of the older models. Before this refresh, the ILX was still literally a dressed-up Civic. It had a stroked version of the 1.8L or a complete carryover of the 2.4/6MT, and the level of refinement expected out of an Acura just wasn't there.
It's still just a dressed up civic. Dont fool yourself.

Id take a 2013 2.4 dynamic over a 2016 any day.
One has a ton of aftermarket support while the other has nearly zero aftermarket support.

If you leave it 100% stock Id take the 2016. But with modding in mine... Id take a 2013 2.0l over the 2016.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:21 PM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Wonder if the A spec 18" wheels ride harder than the standard 17" wheels? Sometimes you can get increased "road noise" from larger wheels and I prefer "quiet" ride. I should test drive both versions.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:40 PM
1LX
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by usdmJON
It's still just a dressed up civic. Dont fool yourself.

Id take a 2013 2.4 dynamic over a 2016 any day.
One has a ton of aftermarket support while the other has nearly zero aftermarket support.

If you leave it 100% stock Id take the 2016. But with modding in mine... Id take a 2013 2.0l over the 2016.
I think of the '16 as more of the love child of a '16 TLX and '15 Civic. Older ILXs are much less removed from the Civic than the 16s.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by 1LX
I think of the '16 as more of the love child of a '16 TLX and '15 Civic. Older ILXs are much less removed from the Civic than the 16s.

LOL No way dude. Same car. It's only a mid model change. Same frame. Same body. Upgrades to the wheel size, more tech options, and bigger engine size for the automatic. WAY nicer jewel eyes.

But the A-spec lip kit and the new wheels are kinda hit or miss. IMO, it really depends on the color. Some of them look like a cross between an SI and a TSX, when it's the more snazzy colors. Perfect for a younger person. Some of the more kinda simple but nice colors, they don't really go with the very aggressive SI look of the wheels or the aero kit at all...What older person is driving a raced up looking car like that? I know thats just my opinion, but if you look at the forums here, and even elsewhere, people think that. They also really hate the Acura "beak" and it's really, really pronounced in the 2016 ILX.

Take a look at the Ludacris Acura Legend Story (Dope). Look at the comments. Seriously, a lot of people think the 2016 is hideous. It's all over the comments, on every website I went to. Whats Funny is that the Galpin Autosports team made a custom front bumper to reduce that chinny chin chin look, and people STILL bag on the front end look!

Acura Restores Ludacris' 1993 Acura Legend To Its Perfect '90s Glory

Great story. Look, i know I probably sound like an asshole to you now, so I'll end it on a positive. Pretty sure people have told Luda that his Acura Legend sucks ass, its a 23 year old beater. But he doesn't really give a shit. So if you like/love your car, cool. But don't claim some craziness either bro. Luda knows there's way doper cars, but he likes his baby.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
"Looks so much better than the 2015 car. Acura lost its way."

"This whole PR stunt is a huge fail for Acura. With the two cars in the same shot, all you see is a glaring reminder about how poorly their cars have been designed over the last 5 years. When Kia and Huyndai are making better looking cars than the luxury brand of the mighty Honda, you know they’ve lost their way"

"The sad part here is that the Legend is far more interesting than anything they currently make.
Reliance on FWD will do that."

This guy REALLY lets the crazy orange gold ILX have it....
"Look, give up, aye, bitch? Luda can’t like you because you’re a useless turd with a beak for a face. You’ve no use besides making the other guy look so damn appealing to Wheelerguy, Fezza fan. I gotta wonder why you haven’t been clunkered off, in fact. Must be because you’re a bad, bad weed. Look at yourself. No, really, look at yourself. You may be the safer, faster, and more well-appointed buy, but damn you’re a snooze. I don’t think you’re fun in bed, either. Oh wait.
Oh, did I hurt your feelings? Sorry. Thought you can take more hurtful words, what with “Japanese reliability” and all.
You may be better than Luda’s first car, but you’ll never be as good as Luda’s first car."
Old 11-05-2015, 05:54 PM
1LX
Cruisin'

2016 has thicker glass, more sound insulation, stiffer chassis, and improved interior materials. More TLX than Civic, no matter what 2015 and older owners wish to believe.

Edit: not to mention the drivetrain is literally lifted from the 4cyl TLX.

Quick Reply: ILX 2015 2.4 vs ILX 2016