General: Rant/Rave Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 197 Posts
I really don't have much of a voice but..

Rant 1: When no one looks at my car with photoshop mods.
https://acurazine.com/forums/photogr...-edits-933757/

Rant 2: When a customer comes in the store 5 minutes before close (who was in the night before at the same time) and wants to complain because the sale isn't the same as the night before, and then proceeds to try and get 40% off instead of 30% no matter how I tell her it's not possible, yet she pulls out her phone with a crumby picture of a receipt for whatever reason thinking it will grant her another discount... then asking me to price check every item she thinks will be priced wrong in hopes to find something to tell my manager about.

Rant 3: Foot pain (A year in August since I broke it)

Rave 1: Getting a TL Switchblade key made for the TSX. ~$140 shipped off Heeltoe, then another $75 for a reputable locksmith to cut and program. Beats $200 for a new basic key + separate cutting and programming fees at the dealer! Plus switchblade and FINALLY TWO KEYS and a REMOTE!

Rave 2: Planning to start my light mods soon, all LED's inside with LED puddle lights in the mirrors and interior and exterior handles. Maybe custom tails and Jewel Eyes later down the road when I get more money, but thats just a thought. Eventually will get some wheel spacers, Tein S-Techs and dual Si mufflers. But lets get the bank filled up first..
Old 07-23-2015, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Since were ranting here, One of my close friend talks so much shit about my ILX. He owns a 12' Si and keeps thinking his Si is superior to mine Lol. Hes the type of person who bought megan coilovers and then doesnt bother to get an aligment with 2" drops and rubs.
I know in terms of peformance the Si wins despite the same engine but the detune doesnt help. He also brags about having the i-vtech dash and how me not having it means i have no Vtec Lol...
but i assure you I am the better driver and i still would beat his ass in a straight line but if we were to switch drivers me in the si would win[/QUOTE]

Show him this. Stock ILX beating a lightly modded SI.... Looks like your friend needs to do a little research....
Old 07-23-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by Timmy18
Rant 1: When no one looks at my car with photoshop mods.
https://acurazine.com/forums/photogr...-edits-933757/
an attention grabbing title would have helped.

"Check Out My New 'mods'

"Can You Spot the Difference?"

etc..

I check for new threads daily and even I passed up your thread.... title was

Last edited by justnspace; 07-23-2015 at 06:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Timmy18 (07-23-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
Hey dudes, this is both. I'll start with the positive. Sorry, its long. Starts off positive tho!

RAVE - I have finally secured a GREAT job. I now work for Honda! This is a job that I hope to ride or die with for the next few years (3-5, longer if I move up) while I finish school out of pocket. I have my GI Bill, but I basically want to force myself to use it for higher education. I have savings, and other then my car, I stay low budget. (which actually this car is pretty affordable really, just tuning is costly). Hopefully wheels soon. I'm looking at getting some used real wheels and then getting them custom finished/fit to the car. Budget I'm trying to go for total is $2500-$3000 (with tires).

RAVE - My sister is 4 months away from graduating and becoming a registered nurse. I've been helping her financially a bit, and I had switched from Active Duty Marine Corps to Reserve for quite a bit, and although I have savings, it felt wrong to spend so much on my car when I could be helping family, and I didn't have a steady regular job/income. I would just volunteer for orders all the time, so I was in a weird limbo of being somewhat of a "part-time" Active Duty Marine... If that makes any sense... And it also made me take a long ass break from school, because looking for a job, IS a job.

RANT - I'm leaving the Reserve. Can't leave soon enough. My unit was pretty great when I joined/ transferred from Active Duty. The Active Duty counterparts I work with on a regular basis are exemplary Marines, no complaints. GREAT guys/girls.

The RESERVE Marines I work with now.... SIGH...
I'll start from the top. The leadership in my unit basically all retired. The guy who was my senior, although same rank, is now selected for promotion. As a SGT (He'll be a SSGT in like a month tho) he's going to be doing the job of SEVERAL SNCO's. Basically like an "assistant manager" now doing the job of many Higher up managers.

So basically, that means I was gonna be expected to do the work of SEVERAL Sgts by myself. Although I have an incompetent sidekick SGT who was recently promoted after having been in for 7+ years in the Reserve. The guy is a know it all, and has ZERO quals in our actual job... RIDICULOUS. He is a Martial Arts Instructor, and they would just let him skate out of work to go teach classes instead of doing our actual job. So, he's being encouraged to not even learn his job - WTF? If the unit gets deployed, how is he supposed to lead Marines in his work center?

On drill weekends I'd be stuck their by myself literally "holding down the fort" (Marines don't have forts tho), and doing all the boring paperwork, weapons maintenance, etc and dealing with the most IRRITATING aspect that REALLY REALLY makes me want to just leave. ASAP...

MY JUNIOR MARINES. One is getting kicked out, he's not bad, he just makes STUPID choices. At work not too problematic tho.

I have a new female... She wants to be "one of the guys" but trust me, I can see sexual harassment charges coming already... and the girl is very condescending, I have to correct her all the time, its annoying...

We have a new guy, he's actually probably the best in the bunch, picking up job skills faster, more effort put in, etc. When we wrote pros and cons (job performance review) I wrote him up pretty high. The other Sgts tried to say he didn't deserve it because he was new... FUCK, that pisses me off.. Luckily, it goes to higher ups and they decide. The higher ups actually agreed with me. Because I was right.

So... last but not least... I have a kid... who's 24-25... this guy wants to be an officer, putting in a package and everything... The other Sgts actually wrote him up really great... but its complete BULLSHIT... This kid is a terrible Marine. Main thing that truly pisses me off about him is he is SELFISH AS FUCK....

He's literally tried to fight me a couple times. I had to flat out punk his ass. If this was regular Active Duty Marine Corps, I would have beat the shit out of him already AND he would have been NJP'd or even court martial-ed for insubordination and disobeying direct orders by now...

The latest incident? This kid tried to bitch about not getting an hour for lunch! WTF?! We had to do these stupid online courses that are just click through, pretty simple and boring. I told my Marines to go grab chow and come right back and push through and finish the classes. In reality, this is me looking out for them. The sooner we finish, the less we have to stay after work hours. This kid tries to get in my face about it. I had to REALLY punk him in front of everyone, and point out that NO ONE ELSE seemed to have a problem with it, and there was about 10 other Marines doing it, without question, instant obedience to orders. When I think about my cousin that died in Iraq, and I think about how they didn't shower properly for like the first 3 months in the invasion... And this kid is bitching about a 1 hour lunch, one weekend a month? WTF?! The reason people respect Marines is because we are tough, this guy i feel is disgracing the uniform. The longer I stay, the closer I am to catching a case myself... For murdering a turd...

*** The other Sgts said i was being TOO HARD on this guy!!! That was it for me. As soon as I got hired with Honda I said, FUCK THIS... Luckily, a new Sgt just joined. so I'm not leaving the unit hanging. I really doubt he sticks around unless he gets promoted really fast maybe...

I'm bummed, I was close to getting a medal, but I can't take the BS anymore...

Last edited by aomechmarine; 07-25-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Nothing is sacred!!

Really though. All companies like ESM have to do is get rid of the fake hardware and now they actually have a "one off" design that isnt totally faking the funk.

But nooooooo.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Why does everyone and their mother have to claim worlds first something with the new car they bought?

I see so many people flock to brand new cars then just throw shit on them to claim worlds first.

THAT being said... no one this far in is a worlds first anything for the ILX or TLX. Sorry. Just not. And I have to say, more often then not these are Vossen owners claiming to be the worlds first blablabla on Vossens. Like WHO THE FUCK CARES that you are the first something on half way decent over-priced wheels.

Be happy to be the first on bags. Or the first on coils. Or the first turbo or supercharged TLX. But first TLX on wheels EVERYONE owns? Come the fuck on people.

As I have said before. I could claim worlds first for a few things on the ILX but chances are someone else already did it but didnt care to post it on-line. Nor do I care to claim worlds first anything because its a stupid title that doesnt mean shit.

/rant
Old 09-02-2015, 05:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,416 Likes on 3,322 Posts
I care, Jon. I care.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TacoBello
I care, Jon. I care.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Every once in a while I check out what the rep companies are doing with wheels. Ever since Work and Vossen did that collab Ive just been trying to keep up.

I went to check out any updates on the Work and Vossen collab and it seems this event went up as quietly as it died. I see no one rocking these wheels and no mention of them on either Work or Vossens site. This would give probably zero advertising credit to Work but Vossen stands to lose nothing by bragging about that collab so odd there is no info on their site.

I did find their descriptions on their forged line and I was laughing for a good 10 minutes.

The Lip Concept Series is aimed at emulating the lip transition of a multi-piece wheel while maintaining a single-piece monoblock forged construction.
I read "lip transition" and was thinking wtf are they going on about. Google search shows the only people who mention those terms are Vossen. Yes, they are bragging and spinning stories that frankly just dont mean anything.

Lip transition? wtf is that? Multipiece wheels are sought after because they can be taken apart if a section gets bend or damaged. As well they tend to be much stronger. WTF is a lip transition?

The flagship of Vossen Forged, the Precision Series is distinguished by signature 30-degree cut angles combined with the perfect lip-to-barrel transition of the Infini-Lip.
What the actual fuck? Boasting about an "infini-lip" over the fact that they are supposed to be worlds stronger due to the forged process? Nah fuck that. All we care about is cosmetics so lets brag about the never ending lip!!!
And again with that lip to barrel transition.

What happened to make strong wheels that look good? It's all about that infini-lip and the perfect lip to barrel transition!! hahahahaha what a joke.