AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   ILX (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/)
-   -   Finally joined Acura (https://acurazine.com/forums/ilx-382/finally-joined-acura-961292/)

davidlstewart 08-08-2017 07:48 AM

Finally joined Acura

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/acurazi...c4b63a2b41.jpg
Hello everyone, I finally joined the Acura world. I bought a 2017 Acura ILX traded in my Focus st. Love the car "the dad car" so far seems to be referred to. I work at park Acura in parts so won't have to many flaming questions. But that's the introduction. Happy to come aboard.

justnspace 08-08-2017 07:55 AM

wondering why you chose to go go to a dad's car....? the ST is very capable of being an every day car

davidlstewart 08-08-2017 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by justnspace (Post 16072685)
wondering why you chose to go go to a dad's car....? the ST is very capable of being an every day car

it is/was yes. Just wanted to cut my payment down some and have a car I can rely on down the road. The st was modded and beat on and looking into a house soon so there's reasons.

davidlstewart 08-08-2017 08:05 AM

Also insurance went down $40 a month.

kurtatx 08-08-2017 08:20 AM

Welcome! :wave:

Nurseman74 08-09-2017 06:38 AM

Welcome to the family. The car is a fun car to drive.

davidlstewart 08-09-2017 09:00 AM

It is a fun car! Acura could have used better wheels but that's ok that and the hidden exhaust are the only things I would change currently.

klnac21 08-10-2017 11:45 AM

Welcome to the worry-free zone. Does the car feel significantly underpowered compared to the ST?

davidlstewart 08-10-2017 11:55 AM

Well I had the ST tuned and an exhaust and such so there's over +100 in hp and tq difference, but this car feels smoother when messing around the ST turned sharper but felt a little more on the edge of control this feels smoother but obviously it doesn't pull as strong or feel like it would pull as strong, but that's ok the ST is a good car no hate to the car I enjoyed it just was time for a long term car and to save for a toy on the side got a house on my mind. so I am very happy with the car so far

losiglow 08-10-2017 11:57 AM

How's the ELS system and transmission? It has the dual clutch 8AT I believe.

davidlstewart 08-10-2017 12:25 PM

Yes it has the 8sp DCT with tq converter, I unfortunately did not get the ELS sound system but my base model sound system is comparable if not a little crisper than the ST had in it but its not going to wow you obviously. I enjoy the trans its smooth all around only time it is clunky is when parked and putting it in drive when it wasn't settled upon being put in park besides that its smooth, sport mode is engaging and feels fun the shifting sounds good (to me) you hear it but don't feel it when just cruising around I think they did a good job with them so far.

skylineblue 08-12-2017 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by davidlstewart (Post 16074479)
Yes it has the 8sp DCT with tq converter, I unfortunately did not get the ELS sound system but my base model sound system is comparable if not a little crisper than the ST had in it but its not going to wow you obviously. I enjoy the trans its smooth all around only time it is clunky is when parked and putting it in drive when it wasn't settled upon being put in park besides that its smooth, sport mode is engaging and feels fun the shifting sounds good (to me) you hear it but don't feel it when just cruising around I think they did a good job with them so far.

How much did you pay for it? I remember when I got mine Acura was heavily discounting the higher trims. I think it was like 4k off the base but almost 8k off the Tech Plus with or without the Aspec.

davidlstewart 08-12-2017 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by skylineblue (Post 16075753)
How much did you pay for it? I remember when I got mine Acura was heavily discounting the higher trims. I think it was like 4k off the base but almost 8k off the Tech Plus with or without the Aspec.

i actually work at an Acura dealership they were trying to unload then obviously but after said and done I got about 7k off mine. I got a base model.

kurtatx 08-14-2017 09:28 PM

Can't argue with that. Nice grab, OP